Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:24:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773263
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 316
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 307
Total: 307

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: I need an advise please  (Read 3614 times)

Offline Julio17189

• Standard
I need an advise please
« on: February 01, 2022, 01:42:46 pm »
Hello good morning, first of all I would like to thank you for the time you take to help me with my doubts since my English is very bad.
through this and other forums i have learned that frottage is not a risk for hiv however i would like to ask about my particular case.
I have had two encounters with prostitutes but they have only practiced oral sex with a condom and one of them rubbed my penis between her buttocks and it was non-penetrating pressure, my penis already had a condom when this happened, there was no penetration but it makes me nervous if any fluid from her vagina could have slipped and infected through a cut or some non-bleeding wound on the skin not visible, I know they say that in order to infect hiv it needs not to leave the body and that penetration is needed, but in case your vaginal secretion reach any wound what would be the probability that this would happen?
I went to a doctor and in fact he told me that only sexual intercourse with penetration and without a condom could incite me sexually, I just want one more opinion please I have been very anxious and I have read here and in a couple of forums that the air makes the virus intransmissible but I need to know if you recommend me to take the test for these meetings, I would be infinitely grateful.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: I need an advise please
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 01:52:05 pm »
Hiya,

Read your post three times. You did some rubbing against her vagina and are concerned about the possible contact with fluids outside of the confines of the body with cuts or skin issues you may have.

Firstly, day to day, cuts, minor wounds, scrapes, bumps, cracks, ect, lack a direct route to the bloodstream and all the essential conditions needed to acquire HIV. HIV is also fragile and sexually only acquired inside the confines of the human body as in not being exposed outside the body, and finally, the fluids you came into contact with would be the lubricating fluid a woman produces, and this fluid does not even contain viable HIV.

In short, you had no HIV risk from this encounter, and your healthcare provider is correct. Relax, move on with your life, use condoms for any intercourse.

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently, every time, with no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about taking PrEP as an additional layer of HIV protection

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as 'safe' in terms of HIV might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please get tested at least yearly for STI's, including but not limited to HIV. Test more frequently if any condomless intercourse occurs.

Note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and, the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV?" You are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, and it will take you here. It helps us help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Julio17189

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 02:08:41 pm »
Thank you very much for responding so quickly, so you do not recommend me to take an HIV test for these two practices of oral sex and Frottage?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 03:08:41 pm »
You had no HIV exposure from these activities, so there is no need to test. Relax and move on with your life!

Use condoms for any intercourse, and as you are sexually active, test out of routine at least yearly for HIV & STI's. 
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Julio17189

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 07:18:07 am »
Hello good morning, I did an Ac test for fourth generation serum immunodeficiency virus 3 months after my practice of frottage and oral sex, could you tell me if this result is conclusive? it is "non-reactive" the question is to be able to be calm now thank you very much and sorry for the inconvenience

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2022, 07:23:31 am »
You could not have acquired HIV from the encounter posted here...

So not testing would have already been conclusive over this encounter, as you had no exposure and I'm not going to pretend what you posted was an HIV exposure or needed testing. 

If it helps you, I will reword this information: You did not acquire HIV from the frottage or from receiving oral sex, this is conclusive without the need for testing.

Move on with your life, use condoms for intercourse and test out of routine yearly for STI's. 

You had no HIV exposure from these activities, so there is no need to test. Relax and move on with your life!

Use condoms for any intercourse, and as you are sexually active, test out of routine at least yearly for HIV & STI's. 

« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 07:33:14 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2022, 08:31:15 am »

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV?" You are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, and it will take you here. It helps us help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2022, 08:34:59 am »
Your post was removed. Please don't post outside this thread again. Thank you!

BTW Touching you or your testicles & penis isn't an HIV risk; neither would be touching her breasts. The reasons are the same as why your previous concerns were not HIV risks. Lack of exposure to viable HIV, lack of direct route etc.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 12:11:13 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Julio17189

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2022, 09:53:40 pm »
I know that you have told me many things and I appreciate it very much but I still have doubts that unfortunately I find myself on the internet the sex worker in question used her hand with saliva to masturbate I had a condom but no matter how small the quantity is speaking hypothetically if there was little blood in would his saliva be enough to infect me? I can't find information on the transmission of saliva with blood and that makes me a little anxious as I don't know any answers. I would like you to help me. I need another test?

Offline Julio17189

• Standard
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2022, 11:04:23 pm »
sorry I meant: she used her own saliva as a lubricant to masturbate me ,what would be the risk if this saliva had any amount of blood? I had the condom on but then I took it off at the end to ejaculate, I touched my penis to finish but I used the same hand to take off the condom that she touched with her saliva, do I have any risk?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 11:06:46 pm by Julio17189 »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2022, 01:42:05 am »
Blood happens in the mouth, thankfully, saliva is hostile to HIV, it breaks down the receptors needed for HIV to cause infection. Similarly, HIV exposed outside the confines of the human body doesn't remain infectious.

What you posted here isn't an HIV risk to you.

Move on with your life, use condoms for any intercourse and as you are sexually active test out of standard routine at least yearly for STIs & HIV.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Julio17189

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2022, 05:58:38 am »

then only to confirm the blood in the saliva (whatever amount it is) does not make a risk for the contagion of hiv? I don't need proof? I have no chance of a transmission?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2022, 06:18:16 am »
What you posted wasn't an HIV risk, no testing needed outside of standard yearly screening.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Julio17189

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2022, 04:41:38 pm »
Excuse me for being so foolish and very anxious but sometimes we read things on the internet and we don't know if they are true fortunately I found this site so I don't have any risk of being infected? because in my scenario it is not possible if you could give me a last answer a little more details please to be able to close this topic and continues my life plis

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2022, 04:58:11 pm »
Hiya,

I've already explained it's not an HIV risk and that saliva is hostile to HIV, it breaks down the receptors needed for HIV to cause infection. Similarly, HIV exposed outside the confines of the human body doesn't remain infectious.

So you had no exposure to viable HIV to cause infection.

Not sure what more you want but it's time to move on with your life.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.