Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

BIKTARVY AND NAFLD

(1/1)

tallguy82:
Hi there from Italy!

I have been on Biktarvy for two years and in the last months my ALT was a little out of range…around 46 (maximum 40 in the range of my laboratory) so my doctor suggested to do an upper abdominal ecography from which resulted steatosis. Before taking Biktarvy I had been on Odefsey for about 2 years so I start thinking and maybe hoping that the problem is TAF or maybe the association of TAF with an integrase inhibitor, as some recent studies are suggesting. I had to quit Odefsey because Rilpivirine is not compatible with PPIs for my GERD. I have no other analysis alterations with cholesterol, triglycerides, kidneys or whatever. Only alterated ALT.

I am waiting to see my doctor and was thinking to suggest another single tablet regimen without TAF, Rilpivirine or integrase inhibitors that could be Delstrigo. What do you think about?

I go to the gym 4 times a week, never drink alcol. My only diet “excess” is maybe animal proteins (white and red meat) for my muscle growth.

Thank you very much

tallguy82:
Is there anybody in the forum? ::)

Jim Allen:
Sorry to hear about the fatty liver, good it's been picked up on so you can act.

As for treatment, it's really depends also on what your doctor says and availability of drugs. If it was me I would be leaning towards cutting out TDF & TAF and leaving an integrase inhibitor in for now and monitoring for a while.

https://www.aidsmap.com/news/oct-2021/people-hiv-taking-newer-antiretrovirals-higher-risk-fatty-liver-disease

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version