Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:33:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 489
Total: 490

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Who I Appreciate On Here And Why  (Read 36745 times)

Offline cmhjeff

Re: Who I Appreciate On Here And Why
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2006, 01:49:09 pm »
The list is endless and if it weren't for this fucking PML I'd be able to remember everyone by name and why I appreciate them but here are a few that stand out in my mind.

Dan J For being one of the first to send me a PM and to always offer support and to make me laugh as I tried to accept PML and it's consequences.

Ronald1985 This is a no brain-er you gave me hope when there was nothing to hope for!

JordanThe friendship & the music. I do miss that believe it or not.

Nadine I don't know how we connected but we did and I'm so lucky that we did!

PDXRON31For an understanding most here just don't have without knowing PML and for starting the PML Survivors Yahoo group.

POZGUY75 What can I say that obviously everyone knows about you already. I love you Jer. You make me smile - you make me laugh - You make me hard - You remind me of my younger and much wilder days. I think of you when I see VW bugs and when I hear Donna Summers. Typing this now you've even made me cry. OINK OINK OINK

Water Duck For caring enough to share your knowledge and your energy.

These are just a few of many. I could add many others like RapidRod and Eric and Bucko and Coen and Tim H and....but my mind is fried trying to remember everyone.

HUGS to One & All

Offline Eldon

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2006, 05:36:03 pm »
In all actuality, my list is quite long. I appreciate each and every member for their INDIVIDUALITY and their willingness to interact and share with the other members of the forum.

Happy Holidays!

Offline AtomicA

• that's Famous with an F
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2006, 09:46:04 pm »
I'm no good at mushy stuff, but Thunter you were the first person to pm me here and I really appreciate that. plus you keep changing your photo and letting me see how much of a hotty you are.

Jan - You make me smile, I STILL wanna give you a hug.

everyone else who has responded to my long, drawn out ranting posts and tolerated my excessive use of (brackets), you keep me coming back.

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2006, 10:04:02 am »
Everyone.

As far as why, well, sometimes there's no "why" when it comes to emotions. But I do know I learn tons from every person here. Read my new signature (Thanks eirin)

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2006, 10:51:59 am »
I just pretend to like you all so you let me play your reindeer games!!!

LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2006, 12:06:36 pm »
I started to write a few names and then thought why single out certain ones.  Everyone contributes in some form.  Of course I have my favorites and to those I will tell them directly.  But  from what I have seen each person brings a different perspective to the forums and I am so glad to be able to be a part!
Woods
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 02:35:13 pm by woodshere »
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2006, 02:33:16 pm »
Well...first, I sincerely appreciate Thunter...I think I mentioned why above...but here it is again: Thunter you give me that warm tingly feeling in my gut, that feeling when I see a post from you, or get an PM from you, I feel complete and happy. Not sure why...but I am looking forward to finding out why...thank you for being you!

Matty...what can I say...other than, I love you more than my dildos! I think the absolute world of you...with out you in this world, well....it would just be hollow!

Alan...you are one of the first to welcome me hear over a year ago...you certainly have a special place in my heart...because you love with out condition and question...thank you Alan for being here!

Oh golly...they just called my flight, I will update more later...love each of you!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2006, 05:09:09 pm »
I'm not going to list names but I appreciate everyone who shares on this forum. Hearing everyone's stories reminds me I'm not the only person dealing with HIV. I particularly appreciate the people who have emailed and shared their experience with lipoatrophy and treatments. HIV affects such a variety of people from all walks of life and I have been able to share experiences of people with whom I have little in common and been the better for it.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2006, 06:05:11 pm »
I would like to say that for me, I appreciate the hell out of some thunter, pozguy75 and booradley... I'm a sort of wry bastard, and they encourage that.  I love sarcasm enabling...

I generally send people PMs to let them know how much I appreciate them, but this thread is a cool idea.

**holding a virtual beer to prevent real liver damage** I love you guys! 
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Dan J.

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2006, 08:54:51 pm »
First off, I appreciate everyone here on this forum. I have seen the power of this group when  I  was in emotional turmoil last July and for that I am very thankful for everything for  those that took action on my behalf. You know who you are & eventhough some of you may never forgive me for it I love you anyway (Hal, Matty, Jonathon, John, Trish, TNboi)

Jan- One of the most amazing, talented people I have ever had the privledge of knowing.

Alan- What can I say about this wonderful, loving man? You're an inspiration to me.

cmhjeff- What can I say? Your daily PM's are always a highlight of my day. I hope you start sending me some more very soon.

Jeromy, I LOVE YOU

Moffie- For all your tireless efforts for what you have done for people like us. Tirelessly offering support and sharing the wisdom you have gained while living on this planet.  You have my unconditional love & respect.

Aztecan- Mark is a sweet man & a person EVERYONE should try to meet.

Basquo- My little new wave music fanatic. I love you more than David Bowie. (If you know Anything about me you would know how much I love D.B.)

Lisa- Honey what can I say about someone I love so much. You are special to me, my big sister & someone I always come to when I need to talk. I am here for you anyway I can be.

Jody, One of the sweetest, most humble, loving people I have ever met. Thank you for being who you are.

Juan-  I LOVE YOU

Water Duck- She thinks she is a superbitch. But honey, you don't have me fooled one minute.

I know I am leaving someone out. So I will say this Thanks for all of you for taking part in this forum. We have touched one anothers lives in ways we never thought would happen. I am a memeber of several different forums on the internet, but none of them hold a candle to the community that Peter, Ann, Andy & Tim have created.

IN LOVE & RESPECT TO ALL OF MY BROTHERS & SISTERS,

Dan J.

Last but not least:

My Hermie- I watched you from afar for many many months. When you joined the forum I KNEW from the moment I read your first post that you were going to be a powerful force in my life. Thank you for being who you are & for allowing me to be a part of your life. I LOVE YOU

way too many to mention I wish we didn't have to meet because of HIV but knowing all of you makes living with this disease easier.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2006, 10:03:08 pm »
aupointillimite:  From the instant you made the scene here, both my head and heart said  'Caution'.

As in:                                     STOP                          LOOK               &               LISTEN

In both your posts and our PM conversations, you have revealed a spirit that houses the courageousness & abandon of your youth, and a wisdom and compassion that belies it.

Always a little left of center, yet somehow right on target.       And never, ever out of touch with your 'sexy'.

Yeah...I can dig it.

~+
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2006, 10:16:06 pm »
If I may be serious for a moment, for once in my bloody life.  I would actually like to take out the time to publicly thank thunter, Amosboy, booradley, and eldon.

Really and truly, with all odds stacked against any hope of us getting along.  I am younger than all of you, and we all know about the cardinal sin that is a gay guy in his 20s not crucifying older guys (as well as the sin that is older guys not thinking that I'm a smiley face ovum and nothing more), and also pretty new to the whole HIV thing.  Through all the divisions that we have created for ourselved, the four of you have been nothing but open and have given me that rare gift that offbeat youngish college dropout gay guys never get: meaningful dialogue.

You've shied away from giving me pat, cliche answers, and I appreciate that more than I can say.  Thank you for actually treating me like the human being that I was beginning to forget that I was.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2006, 10:36:22 pm »
Ok, Queen...you're up!   

Sometimes you encounter a person and you instantly feel like you go way back, ya know?   Right off the bat.  You don't feel the need to question it at all.  You just jump right in head first without reservation.  You are one of those for me.  That's all I need to say.

Plus, I'm trying not to exhale...        (Just kidding ya, girl!  Figured you'd get a giggle out of that!)

~+

PS-  I keep getting bumped offline tonight.  I wanted to also say:  You are a buzz in and of yourself.  Whenever I read your words, I get a contact high.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 11:03:51 pm by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2006, 10:55:35 pm »
Thanks Thunter, You mean a lot to me too..

(runs up and sucks the smoke out of Thunter's mouth) I had to steal a kiss somehow....... :-*
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2006, 11:52:28 pm »
jack   and   Dachshund:  For giving each other (and pozguy75 among others) someone to scrap with.  Even if you disagree with another's ideologies, the challenge to examine and perhaps defend your beliefs can be a beneficial thing.  You can lose your strength if you don't exercise.  I think that goes for convictions as well.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2006, 07:33:03 am »
I appreciate "Mister Kinsey Scale," AC (in KC) ... Through his pictures, three things I know to be true in this world are now enhanced:

1. anything is possible - http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=6323.0
2. love is grand
3. life is full of lovely surprises

(and let's not forget
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=6434.msg72575#msg72575)

« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 10:05:07 am by allopathicholistic »

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2006, 02:51:48 pm »

the "swans" of pozcom: Ann, Christine, Teresa, Jan, etc. .... pic inspired by Kelly

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2006, 04:05:27 pm »
Lwood:  Like anniebc above, this is another one that shouldn't require explanation. If you don't already know, you must be brand new here!
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2006, 04:59:12 pm »
People whom I love -

you know who you are. xD

I don't make my adoration of certain people much of a secret. lmao

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2006, 05:08:32 pm »
As an FYI...folks are probably gonna see this thread hanging around for awhile yet.  I still have a fair number of people I want to put up here, and I imagine more will appear as time goes on.  Connection problems are keeping me from posting much of anything right now.

~+
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline David_CA

« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2006, 12:18:08 am »
I appreciate so many here, but haven't had much interaction with a lot of them.  I just searched the archived forums for my first post called "Introduction".  It was a hard post to write, and there wasn't much to it.  I got about 25 responses to it, and every one means more to me than I can express.  Instead of listing all the people who offered support, welcomed me, and cheered me up, I'll just link to it [link no longer available]. 

Of course, the list of who I appreciate doesn't stop there, but that's where the list began.  Jeromy was one of the first to PM me and that's stuck in my memory.  Of course, there's Ernie, who we can't wait to see again!  ;) There are a lot of newer members that bring so much positive energy (Queen, thunter, Longislander to name a few) that I'd say the forums really HAVE changed.  I missed quite a few posts during my hospital stay, and am slowly catching up, but I've never ceased to be amazed at the support and care here. 

Some avatars are hot enough to keep me appreciating, too!  It's also amazing what some of us have in common, besides the obvious.  Some members and I know people in common from years back.  At least three (one being my hubby) live in the same town.  I've met a few from NC.  I appreciate all those that attended the AMG; keyboards and screens are one thing, but face to face interaction means a lot to me.  I guess I should state the obvious and say that I appreciate pretty much every member here.

David
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 09:58:39 am by iana5252 »
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2006, 01:46:21 am »
Joe
JKinatl
AnnieBc
Ann
Andy
JeffInNYC
Gerry
newt
Cliff
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2006, 07:05:03 am »
Alan(bama) because he's sweet and reminds me of my cousin Bernie  ;D

Ray (JRE) because he's a class act and has made me LOL on more than one occasion :D :D
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 07:50:49 am by allopathicholistic »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2006, 11:31:16 am »

The people I appreciate most are the people who have shown a genuine heart and I don't mean just towards me, but towards everyone.   

Nadine heart of gold and always asks how I'm doing... Love ya girl!  Lisa and Lis the blunt truth of it all is what I can expect from the two of you, your concern has caused a tear to well during our conversations at times..  Love ya!          Paul (Longislander) who seems to have such a gentle soul.  Alex (allopathichostic), I admire his positive attitude and reading his posts make me smile.   Rodney (rapid rod), if I had some sanity this is who I would compare to myself humor wise....  just a cool person, although Rod I heard something about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and chili (eeewwww)... ;D    The moderators Ann, Andy, and Tim just for who they are.   Peter Staley for founding Aidsmeds.com...   

Thomas
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 01:43:00 am by skeebo1969 »
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Nadine

« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2006, 12:55:50 pm »
Rod I heard something about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and chili (eeewwww)
  LOL Thomas....no jelly, just peanut butter!  :D

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2006, 03:31:18 pm »
sweetasmeli:  For her truth in advertising.  You couldn't find a sweeter honey in Tupelo.  So mild, so soft & quiet.  But when she speaks, she can make the whole earth shake.  Simply delicious.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2006, 03:36:07 pm »
MSPspud:  For being the epitome of an online 'buddy' to me.  Helpful, funny, intelligent and, yes, sometimes catty and sarcastic...but in the best way possible.  He can flat out call me a Cum-Sucking Sperm Sponge...and make me feel all warm and fuzzy about it.

Big, fat X's and O's to you too, Sweetheart!
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline bear60

« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2006, 03:42:29 pm »
I appreciate Boo because he has such a big and such a good heart.  Oh, and because he obviously likes TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2006, 08:24:32 pm »
First off, I definitely thank Peter for this place. I wish I had found it 10 months before I did. I think every testing site/ASO, should hand a newly diagnosed person a business card for AIDSMEDS!

J.R.E, (especially) and ANN (moderator) for holding my hand in the beginning when I thought I might have to start meds.

Alan(bama) because he's sweet and reminds me of my cousin Bernie  ;D

Ray (JRE) because he's a class act and has made me LOL on more than one occasion :D :D

:) :)   :-*

Thankyou guys !!! You have certainly started off my evening, with a big ole smile on my face !! I wish you both,
( and everyone else here) a very good Holiday, and a healthy and Happy New year !!

All my best-------Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2006, 10:54:20 am »
Bear60:  I am awed, humbled by the depths of your kindness.  You know why.  May blessings come back to you 1,000 fold.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2006, 07:38:31 pm »
I appreciate the forum members who answer and help calm all the WW's in Am I Infected?

Where do you all get the patience is what I wanna know!  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline marco23

« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2006, 08:05:19 pm »
I'm new to this but let me just say that after reading the postings (and I have to admit, also brought a tear to my eye) there is so much support and positive energy, I'm glad I found this web site.
Don't hide your hurt, pain and feelings inside..for they will harden your heart.

Offline swede_dish

• I feel like an angel baby wrapped in a candy cloud
    • My blog
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2006, 08:21:19 pm »
marco..I'm glad you feel so welcome here =) I felt the same way.....so many good vibes =)
"I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me. "
-Bette Midler

Offline Catman

• Blessed with more than 9 lives! + since 1986
    • Who is the Catman?
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2006, 09:31:26 pm »
Well I can say the first four names of those who either answered my questions or popped emails in my pm box when I was new here. They are;

jjmcm- You were the "first" person to respond to my questions when I began with Fuzeon. If it wasn't for you sharing your experience with this medication, I would have gone haywire during that time. You told me what to expect and it was just like you said it would be. Thank you for the crucial information. I wish you well and I see you continue to share that wisdom with others new to Fuzeon. God bless you for that. :-*

Christine- Thanks for sharing with me those answers about traveling with the Fuzeon traveling kit. I haven't forgotten you for that. :)

Allopathichologist-for always leaving friendly messages and making feel welcome here. You are as sweet as sugar, honey.

Newt-for the straight forward answers about meds and everything else I had in mind. ::)

Time has passed and now I know MANY persons who really cheer me up. I may sell myself as a strong person but many times that I've made someone else happy, I myself might be feeling sad and not mention it at all. Making someone else laugh, or teasing in a friendly way, makes me happy because I enjoy putting people "on the spot" to see how they react and then I burst into laughter. But yes, I do send lots of love to every person who has shared emails with me or responded on the threads to my own posts. I love you all! :-*

Richard
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 03:46:46 pm by Catman »
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end
of this dreadful disease...

Offline joyluckclub

« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2006, 10:45:51 pm »
Hey guys,

Thanks for taking the time to give me advice.....I appreciate and love you all!
"Honey, be who you is"  Madea.........

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2006, 01:37:02 pm »
sweetasmeli:  For her truth in advertising.  You couldn't find a sweeter honey in Tupelo.  So mild, so soft & quiet.  But when she speaks, she can make the whole earth shake.  Simply delicious.

Oh my! What can I say to such lovely words except  :-* :-* :-* Tim!

A blushing Melia :)
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2006, 06:33:39 pm »
Peter, Ann, Andy and Tim Horn:  Obviously, Peter, for founding this site, and also (as Joe has pointed out) for trying to remain forward thinking about these forums...looking ahead to anticipate needs & broaden the scope of the site.  And to the Moderators for their hard work and TLC.  I gotta say a special shout-out to Ann and Andy, though...for their efforts on the "Am I Infected?' forum.  I mean, "the patience of saints" doesn't even begin to do justice to their resolve.  They need a bust or a stamp or something.  Several others already have voiced their appreciation for these folks on here, but I would be remiss if I did not say so specifically.  Your dedication is remarkable.

It just is, ok?
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2006, 07:43:56 pm »
Ditto....But I would have to throw RapidRod in that group too. I really appreciate the sarcasm at times and imagine him at the computer while responding.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2006, 07:50:31 pm »
Yeah...I started to lump him in, but I already gave him a post of his own somewhere up above.  Guess he has earned the double mention for that, so:  Rod, if you're reading, more shouts for you for helping the Mod Squad with the WW's!
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2006, 07:51:23 pm »
Queen, aren't you glad you wasn't a WW and had to confront me? ;) I love you too. ;D

Thanks thunter, lord nerve pills really work.  :D

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2006, 07:57:01 pm »
LOL@Rod..We wouldn't even have to go there because one of my pet peeves is that I don't like to repeat myself. Which is now coming back to bite me in the ass since I have lost some of my hearing. I now have to ask people to repeat themselves...the irony..
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Rhino

« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2006, 10:00:27 pm »
The "Am I" folks Ann, Andy, Rod, HIVworker, for giving me some of my sanity back.

All you gay people for showing me the idiocy of my homophobia.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2006, 10:18:59 pm »
Ack !! 

Thank you, Rhino!  I can't believe I left out HIVWorker earlier!  My bad, for sure.  I appreciate you for the work you do both on and off this site.  I was reminded of the value of your contributions earlier this very day- when I was rereading some of the long, horrific epics in the "AII" forum.

Bless you, bless you, bless you !
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2006, 11:37:13 pm »
poet:  Win, this post for you should have already been up here.  I just happened to be scouring back over this thread and noticed that I couldn't find it!  I had connection problems a week or so back, and the post I made for you apparently got lost in cyber-space.  There's a few things I could say, but I'll keep it to its simplest.  Here goes...

I appreciate you for the words that you share.  So provocative, but provocative in the most wonderful way.  You lead us to dive into these wonderful pools of introspection, and help us examin ourselves both as individuals and collectively.  Thank you for that.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline DancerBoy

« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2006, 12:17:27 am »
Ok...

Jonathan- He's moved on from the forums, but I can't even begin to tell you how much I love him.

Thomas-  My first buddy here on the forums. I love ya bud, you know that...

Rasheen-  Thom is right: Not a mean bone in her body.  She is always nothing but supportive. I'm gonna call her right now.

Basquo-  You are so kind and caring and have always been supportive of me and my adventures.  Be it watching my shows or bringing me movies while my ass is healing to buying me shots of Jaeger in montreal. I love you

Alan- for the birthday list.

Trish-  Even though she doesn't come around anymore, I've learned a lot from her.

John- For making me be sensible sometimes

Zephy- For daily hours long conersations.

Rocky- For being the caring selfless person that he is.

Jan-  Comfort.  That's the only word I can use to describe you.

Jeromy- for always making me smile.

Peter- For posting pretty pictures of himself.  Oh yeah, and I guess starting the site and maintaing it.

Ann-  For tirelessly policing the forums and keeping us safe from attackers and even ourselve

Andy-  For talking to me about Bernadette Peter.

Cliffy- For always being honest with me... Even if it made me angry...

Jenn (Lotus or Swede these days)- For rocking.  You can always make me smile.

I'm sure I've missed some...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 12:19:23 am by DancerBoy »
Boys are Stupid

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2006, 12:58:42 pm »
Thank you Thunter34 and Rhino for your words of support. :)

Rich
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2006, 04:01:01 pm »
Thank you Danny!

The Birthday List is a labor of love, for people like you.

Hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2006, 04:16:56 pm »
And, oh yes...AlanBama:  A man that embodies and radiates the spirits of head, heart and courage all at once.  And works so tirelessly to make sure that everyone here feels like they have found their home...without even having to click their heels or anything.

That's some wizardry, friend.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 07:53:26 pm by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2006, 09:36:01 pm »
****blush*****

:-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Eldon

« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2006, 02:22:25 am »
Supporting You

Hey Tim & Alan...

Because, Because, Because, of the wonderful things that you DO Alan!!! There was a reason for the yellow brick road to follow afterall. LOL!

Take care of YOU!

"Don't Give Up, Don't Give In... Cause it is ALL within you to WIN!"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.