Bienvenido(a), Visitante. Por favor, ingresa o regístrate.
Abril 27, 2024, 01:41:26 am

Ingresar con nombre de usuario, contraseña y duración de la sesión

Usuarios
Stats
  • Total de Mensajes: 773294
  • Total de Temas: 66348
  • Online Today: 675
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (Junio 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Usuarios en Línea
Users: 1
Guests: 652
Total: 653

Bienvenido

Bienvenido a los Foros Comunitarios de POZ, un área de discusión contínua para personas con VIH/SIDA, sus amigos/familiares/personas que los cuidan, y otros a quienes les interese el tema del VIH/SIDA. Haz clic en los enlaces que siguen para visitar nuestros foros, o participa de la conversación al inscribirte en el sector izquierdo de esta página.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here(Members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí(Sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Advertencia sobre la privacidad: Ten en cuenta que estos foros están abiertos para todos y que se los puede encontrar haciendo búsquedas en Google u otros buscadores. Si eres VIH positivo y lo revelas en nuestros foros, es lo mismo que decírselo al mundo entero (o al menos al mundo entero en Internet). Si esto te preocupa, no uses un nombre de usuario o una imagen gráfica que pueda identificarte de alguna manera. No autorizamos borrar nada de los que escribas en los foros, por lo tanto piensa antes de hacerlo.

• La información que los moderadores y miembros comparten en estos foros, está diseñada para complementar, y no para reemplazar la relación entre un individuo y su médico de cabecera.

• Todos los miembros de estos foros, en consecuencia, no son considerados proveedores médicos con licencia. De lo contrario, los usuarios deben identificarse a sí mismos como tales.

• Los miembros de los foros siempre deben comportarse con respeto y honestidad. La publicación de guías, incluyendo políticas de suspensiones y prohibiciones han sido establecidas por los moderadores de estos foros. Haga clic aquí para las guías de publicación de “¿Estoy infectado?” Haga clic aquí para leer las guías de publicación relacionadas con todos los otros foros comunitarios de POZ.

• Solicitamos a todos los miembros de los foros que proporcionen referencias sobre la información relacionada con la salud/médica/científica que brinden, cuando no se trate de una experiencia personal que estén compartiendo. Por favor proporcionen enlaces con direcciones de Internet completas o citas completas de trabajos publicados que no estén disponibles en Internet. Además, todos los miembros de los foros deben publicar información que sea verdadera y correcta de acuerdo con su conocimiento.

• Los anuncios de productos – incluyendo enlaces, banderas, contenido editorial y estudios clínicos, estudios o participación en encuestas – está estrictamente prohibido por los miembros de los foros a menos que POZ haya asegurado el permiso.

¿Has terminado de leer esta parte? Puedes cerrar esta o cualquier otra ventana en esta página haciendo click en el símbolo de cada ventana.

Autor Tema: anyone in salt lake city?  (Leído 4162 veces)

Desconectado bryonut

• I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive!
anyone in salt lake city?
« en: Abril 26, 2007, 03:35:58 am »
looking for others in salt lake city utah to get to know. Its kind of tough being the only guy in my circle of friends who is poz. anyone? anyone? ???
« última modificación: Abril 26, 2007, 03:57:41 am por bryonut »

Desconectado bryonut

Re: anyone in salt lake city?
« Respuesta #1 en: Abril 26, 2007, 01:11:23 pm »
 :'( *sob* i am so alone..

Desconectado Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Respuesta #2 en: Abril 26, 2007, 01:15:28 pm »
I'm sorry you're so isolated. Hopefully these boards can be a place for greater socialization as well as support.

There's little I can do from my desk in Ft Lauderdale-

Brent
(Who recognizes both the strengths and weaknesses of the internet)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Desconectado bryonut

« Respuesta #3 en: Abril 26, 2007, 04:58:23 pm »
Hey Brent,

thanks for the reply. It has been nice to chat with others on these boards. Its good to know there are others who feel as crappy as i do some days and like superman the days i don't. I'm still pretty new to all this but I'm gettin by. :)

Desconectado allopathicholistic

« Respuesta #4 en: Abril 26, 2007, 05:21:28 pm »
:'( *sob* i am so alone..

Well, now you have us. In my very quiet circle of friends (very quiet meaning compared to the 90's and 2000 and we're not nearly as close as before, but we still keep in touch), I'm one of only 2 poz guys, the other 3 are HIV negative. So yeah, isolation can be tough. The other poz guy isn't on meds yet and might not even have to go on meds if he's a LTNP or elite controller,  since he's going strong med-free 5 or 6 years I think. So that's a disconnect even though we have HIV in common. Sigh. But the biggest general disconnect with this old group started around 2002 for me because  these guys still love to go bar hopping and they smoke cigs, etc., i.e., stuff they were doing 10 years ago LOL. Anyway, glad you found this site. You're gonna luv learning and laughing and all that

Desconectado bryonut

« Respuesta #5 en: Abril 26, 2007, 05:32:26 pm »
see, this is a good place. :) I guess one of the toughest things i deal with is that my partner of 11 years is negative and really has a hard time comprehending what life is like with HIV. Hes incredibly supportive and has been there for every blood draw, every minute i was hospitalized, held my hand for hours in the ICU, comforted me when my meds made me sicker than a dog. I couldn't ask for anyone better. Its just puzzling that with someone so great I am still lonely. Its still new and I'm sure it will get better and better as time goes by. :) I'm grateful for people like you all and I look forward to the laughs, tears, learning, etc.  :)

Desconectado JohnOso

« Respuesta #6 en: Abril 27, 2007, 12:02:38 am »
Bryon (i'm going out on a limb here and guessing that's your name, lol),

Glad to see you made it here, boss.  I was glancing thru the Living With forum and happened to see your posts and your pic (woof!).  I just found out I was poz a little over a year ago after a bout with pneumonia.  My partner of 14 years is negative, and there are many days where I just feel overwhelmed and alone, even though he is physically present and supportive.

You had me beat on the CD4 count -- mine was down to 13, when I did the Dirty Deed and finally got tested.

I haven't quite come to terms with this whole ordeal yet, but you are definitely NOT alone in all of this.  There are heaps of wonderful people on this board (of course I'm kinda partial to the Bear contingent  )  It's a pretty cool place to hang around 

Big furry hugs to ya man!

John

Desconectado bryonut

« Respuesta #7 en: Abril 27, 2007, 12:13:21 am »
hey John,

yes, you are correct my name is Bryon. Good call. LOL. Sounds like we have much in common in the way we came to join the club.

I think what i hate most is that i didnt even get the chance to be told i was positive and work up to being told my diagnosis was AIDS. Im not sure if that would have been easier to swallow or not. Some days i think Im ok others i just break down. It gets easier over time from what i hear.. and i guess that is true.

I appreciate the hug.. especially from a woofy bear such as yourself. heh heh

I have enjoyed my visit thus far and plan on staying for a while.

hope we chat again soon!
hugs
bryon

Desconectado thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Respuesta #8 en: Abril 27, 2007, 12:20:35 am »
Hey, Bryon!

Glad you are here.  I had the same experience as well...no adjustment time to get used to HIV before the big A diagnosis. 

Not in Salt Lake, but travelled through there in passing.  It was amazingly beautiful to me. 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Desconectado JohnOso

« Respuesta #9 en: Abril 27, 2007, 12:24:15 am »
Anytime, Bryon.

Yes, I often wondered if it was just for the best that I didn't really have a choice to start on medicine.  The doctor said, "okay...here are the choices you have....pills once a day or twice a day."  I think I would have just stressed out more thinking, "Is this the doctors appointment where i'll have to start taking this crap?"

I will say, to his credit, my doctor has never once uttered the  dreaded "A"- word, even with such a six-foot under CD4 count.   I have, many times, but he doesn't seem to be focused on that, which I appreciate.

Take care,
John

Desconectado bryonut

« Respuesta #10 en: Abril 27, 2007, 12:26:38 am »
thanks so much for the welcome thunter.. im glad to be here. it feels comfortable.

Desconectado bryonut

« Respuesta #11 en: Abril 27, 2007, 12:29:39 am »
I know what you mean John, my doctor has never used the A word with me. i was lucky enough to have the state department of health contact me by phone 2 days after being released from the hospital with PCP. She didnt seem to have a problem dropping that bomb on me. It crushed me. My doctor was the one who pulled me out of that mess. She is my hero.. i have never had a doctor who i look forward to seeing every month.

Desconectado blondbeauty

« Respuesta #12 en: Abril 27, 2007, 11:02:22 am »
Sea Monkeys (Artemia Salina) are original from Utah!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« última modificación: Abril 27, 2007, 11:04:54 am por blondbeauty »
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Desconectado bryonut

« Respuesta #13 en: Abril 27, 2007, 11:08:32 am »
blondbeauty Sea Monkeys are not from Utah, they are from a magical Sea Monkey kingdom. You may reference ancient texts from the early 1980s such as Archie comics, Richie Rich and select Marvel comics.

I appreciate your attempt to brighten my day...

regards
bryon
(the worlds lonliest bear)

Desconectado allopathicholistic

« Respuesta #14 en: Abril 28, 2007, 12:23:58 am »
see, this is a good place. :) I guess one of the toughest things i deal with is that my partner of 11 years is negative and really has a hard time comprehending what life is like with HIV. Hes incredibly supportive and has been there for every blood draw, every minute i was hospitalized, held my hand for hours in the ICU, comforted me when my meds made me sicker than a dog. I couldn't ask for anyone better. Its just puzzling that with someone so great I am still lonely. Its still new and I'm sure it will get better and better as time goes by. :) I'm grateful for people like you all and I look forward to the laughs, tears, learning, etc.  :)

Yeah, I'm in a poz-neg "relationship" too ...I really don't think he'll ever fully understand all the details within the details of life as a poz person. For me, I say it's just the way it is and accept it. There are a lot of us here, even more than poz-poz I think!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.