Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:49:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 644
Total: 645

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Living in Northen EU (Finland) - Hopefully to have your advice!  (Read 3306 times)

Offline atripla_2013

• Diagnoised Jan 2013, start Atripla June 2013
Dear Friends,

First of all, I would like to share my sincere appreciation to all the members of this forum who contribute and help, support each other with your kind hearts.

I would like to have your advice and information sharing about living in Finland as I am going to work there for more than 3 months in the winter time.

About me: I am diagnosed on Jan 2013 and start using Atripla on June 2013. my CD4 is 350 with good health.

Please advise me about:

1. In case, I have some illness, where could I receive the treatment with the discrete help as I am afraid the very cold weather can cause some cold  for me.

2. Where could I test the CD4, Virus Load to keep the track of my health status? Is it expensive?

3. Could we buy drug (Atripla) there?

I hope to have your sharing about life there or any difficulties should be noticed.

Once again, thank you for your help and I wish all of us the greatest in life.

Yu

Male, 30
Diagnoised Jan 2013
July.13: CD4: 351, VL: 85
May.13: CD4: 336, VL: 24100
Start Atripla June 2013
Aug.14: CD4: 650, VL: UD

Offline Matts

Re: Living in Northen EU (Finland) - Hopefully to have your advice!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 03:51:05 pm »
From what I read Everybody in Finland is insured with KELA.
http://www.kela.fi/web/en
The employer pays it nearly alone, the employee only 5% of his wage. Foreigner without job have no insurance. Kela pays the HIV meds, thats not the problem.
Most of the HIV+ go to the Aurora Hospital in Helsinki.
 I can only offer this google translated article, I hope it helps :)

"Before you are officially registered in Finland and a personal number (Finnish henkilötunnus) the registration office and received a mandatory Kela card, you either need a travel insurance or insurance from your home country. Kela card with a valid one then enjoy the same social protection as any Finnish citizen. Private insurance, there are only complementary to Kela, the possession of a Kela card is absolutely necessary in Finland.

Health system
To the Finnish health care it is not very good. The free choice of doctor was indeed introduced in 2011 for the first time, but include long waiting times and high intrinsic benefits continue to everyday life of everyone who takes medical attention in Finland to complete. Also, strikes by doctors, nurses and other nursing staff are not uncommon.

All residents are reported in Finland by the State Social Insurance Institution KELA, health insurance (www.kela.fi). This also applies to registered foreigners, provided they are subject to tax in Finland. There is no alternative to KELA, a purely private insurance is not available. The private health insurance companies cover only the additional costs that are not covered by KELA. An existing basic health insurance by KELA is for the private health insurance of therefore a prerequisite.

Many doctors work in both the private as in the public-health sector. Not infrequently called it even at the appointment:. "Come in 3 months to the local health center, or the same next week in my private practice" Taking this offer, however, claimed, must be the difference between a KELA treatment (about 20%) and the cost of private treatment (about 80%) will be paid out of pocket.

Large firms often undertake a contract physician for your employees. In this way, the usual waiting times can be avoided in the KELA health centers.

The estimate of the monthly contributions are KELA, compared to German health insurance, very cheap. In Finland you pay only about 5% of his monthly income into social insurance. However, it is expensive in acute illness: fall per doctor visit, depending on the municipality, at 10-14 euro fee. Every day in the hospital costs around 30 Euros to, no matter what treatment you get there. Any costs for home care, or for any tools, such as support stockings or even eyeglasses are not covered by KELA. If you call an ambulance in Finland, also the transport to the hospital to be paid pro rata basis, except a general practitioner has previously issued the transfer.

For visitors from the EU area, the same conditions apply as for Finnish citizens. With the blue EU health insurance card to get anywhere in Finland the same benefits as a Finn. The tests to be payable own work will not be reimbursed later.

When visiting a doctor in Finland is also important to note that it outside the metropolitan areas is not easy to find a German-or English-speaking doctor. Many doctors speak Finnish or Swedish. It is best to report on the appointment at the health center to know that you prefer a physician with knowledge of foreign languages.

Dental care in Finland is almost entirely in private medical practices.

Important:
The information does not replace the consultation of a doctor: A previous detailed medical advice from a doctor / tropical medicine is recommended, the information may not cover all medical aspects, yet eliminate all doubt or favelas.

The author reserves the right not to be responsible for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of the information provided. Liability claims against the author which refer to damages of material or immaterial nature caused by use or disuse of the presented information or by the use of faulty and incomplete information are excluded, unless the author is not intentional or grossly negligent fault. All offers are not-binding and without obligation. The author reserves itself it expressly to change parts of the pages or the entire offer without separate announcement to supplement to delete or the publication temporarily or permanently.

More information on travel and security on the website of the Federal Foreign Office: www.auswaertiges-amt.de "
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 04:00:19 pm by Matts »
Dovato

Offline LiveWithIt

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 09:36:44 am »
Don't worry about catching a cold.  You don't catch a cold from rain or cold weather.  You catch it from another person who has a cold. If you do catch a cold, you just take medication to lessen the symptoms and you should get better within a week.  If you get a flu and pneumonia vaccine you should be fine. 
Pray God you can cope
I know you have a little life in you yet.
I know you have a lot of strength left.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 11:11:40 am »
Also F.Y.I:
It might be a good idea to contact a Finnish ASO - Aids Service Organization, to find out what the laws are there.
Some of these Scandinavian countries have not only laws governing transmission and exposure, but also laws about non-disclosure, even where there is no risk. E.g. - protected sex and/or non-detectable viral loads...

Might be good to know what the laws are locally....

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline joemutt

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 12:11:40 am »
If it's only for 3 months why not take enough atripla with you to cover that period?

Offline atripla_2013

• Diagnoised Jan 2013, start Atripla June 2013
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 12:45:46 am »
Dear all,

Thank you very muchfor your value information.

I would hope anyone could know about where to check CD4 and VL in Finland? and the price?

Dear Livewithlt,

Should Poz people take "flu and pneumonia vaccine"? Any formal medical guidance for this action?

Thank you
Male, 30
Diagnoised Jan 2013
July.13: CD4: 351, VL: 85
May.13: CD4: 336, VL: 24100
Start Atripla June 2013
Aug.14: CD4: 650, VL: UD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.