Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:24:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 619
Total: 621

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 6 months since diagnosis.  (Read 3997 times)

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
6 months since diagnosis.
« on: July 28, 2011, 01:58:43 am »
The last 6 months have undoubtedly been the most emotionally turbulent period of my life.

I have never cried so hard, or felt so inspired, or so demoralised and broken, or strong and in control –at any other point in my life.

The forums and the people here have probably been my biggest support in my journey with HIV so far. Family and friends, as well meaning as they may be- just don’t seem to get it. I guess you really need to be one of us to know what it’s like.

So here is a big thank you to everyone for just being there !  :)

Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline wolfter

Re: 6 months since diagnosis.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 12:11:10 pm »
Glad you're doing well.  As we all initially indicated, it gets easier as time goes by.

Take care.
Greg
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 02:45:27 pm »
What a great post.  It's amazing, the power to be found by simply being with others who understand your plight.  I hope you are very proud of yourself, because while we may have helped, you did all the heavy lifting.

Joe

Offline weasel

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 03:40:07 pm »

You are right   Spacebarsux  ;) The first months  or years are the  most frantic and things
    change so much , WE learn what we need and what needs to tossed aside .

Life starts fresh for a lot of us , Often for the best .

Only  WE  know what WE  feel   . while good hearted people MAY   try   , It ain't going
       to happen .

Please know that as time goes on you will feel more comfortable with HIV .
        It took me YEARS  to get over it , For the most part  I  have .

Better to live with a disease than to not  live .

I'm thinking you'll do well .

Weasel  :-*
" Live and let Live "

Offline bmancanfly

• Medicare For All !
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 04:04:13 pm »
Glad you're adjusting well.  It does take time.

Remember too that sometimes,  especially emotionally,  you take 3 steps forward and 2 steps back.  Try not to let setbacks get you down - if they happen.

Wishing you good health and happiness.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

Bertrand Russell

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 04:39:35 pm »
I have never cried so hard, or felt so inspired, or so demoralised and broken, or strong and in control –at any other point in my life.

Very well said. Keep on trucking  :).

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline metekrop

• Is time running fast for you.
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 04:50:38 pm »
Hope you will enjoy the many more years of your life.  Your post reminds me of mine long years of journy with this virus.  I have no idea where I might end up, but still I am continuing my walk.  Thank you brother.

BTW: Where/how did you get your name " Spacebarsux".  Is it something related with the infection?
Diag.on 12/8, 2000, CD 440 VL 44K, No Meds
12/08 - 2/09 CD< 50 & VL >500k hosp'z.
St. Atripla - 7/09 CD 179, VL 197k
10/09 CD 300 VL U
3/10 468 U
8/10 460 U
12/10 492 U
3/11 636 U
8/11 530 U
1/12  616 U
7/12 640 U
12/12 669 U
5/13 711 U
11/13 663 U
4/14  797 U
10/14 810 U
4/15 671 U
10/15 694 U
3/16 768 U
8/16 459 U
2/22 780 U
8/31 940 U
2/26 809 U
8/18 882 U
3/28 718 U
8/15 778 U
2/25 920 70
8/11 793 U
2/22 690 U
6/8 834 U

Offline ngo1

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 05:18:22 pm »
Thanks for posting this Space and for the support you have given me in form of calls,texts and PMs.As someone diagnosed round about the same time as you,I must say you are taking this much better than me and long may it last.
"Those who pray hundred times a day are not necessarily better than those who masturbate a couple of times a day"......

Offline LM

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 11:23:32 pm »
I know exactly what you mean. I've been diagnosed even more recently, but being here has been very helpful. Sometimes I go out with my friends and I feel like an alien, but reading things here reminds me I'm "normal". All I wish now is for all of us to overcome this one day and say we've beaten this damn virus.

Offline Maelrod

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 11:26:10 pm »
What ever we have done with our lifes makes us what we are when we die and everything, absolutely everything counts...wrote by Sogyal Rinpoche
Is better STOp living in the past, the I SHOULDn't doesn't exist.

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 01:21:24 am »
Thanks guys. This site has been amazing, truly.

BTW: Where/how did you get your name " Spacebarsux".  Is it something related with the infection?

It is quite interesting actually lol. I registered to the AM forums a day after I received my + ELISA test and was still awaiting my WB. I was in a state of utter shock and disbelief and was not thinking clearly about anything. So when I was asked to think of an appropriate username, I couldn't think of anything- I was staring blankly at the keyboard and saw the 'spacebar' key. Also at that very moment I was thinking how my life sucks (sux). So I got Spacebarsux.  ;D
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline tmiller31

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 02:48:54 am »
that's quite an interesting story about ur profile name here spacebarsux...  8)

I just want you to know how I admire your strength and , well, 'positive' outlook in life. Being recently diagnosed as 'pos' is a major turbulence in my life as well. I'm very grateful for everyone in here who welcomed me, and you're one of the firsts who made me feel like this is now my 'extended family'. we'd be posting notes, exchanging messages here and chatting in more years to come, that's for sure.

you're an inspiration my friend . . .

keep safe

Offline Since2005

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 03:23:59 pm »
Hi Space,

I thought I have already posted here. Not sure what happened to it:) Anyways, I wanted to say that you are doing extremely well. congrates to that. You have been infected in 2005/2006 and your CD4/viral load counts looks very good. I could relate to you somehow as I was infected in 2005 also. I am not on meds and you are doing good without it so far. You are correct. This forum is extremely helpfull. I feel like it's a family!!! Keep up with the good work that you do!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.