Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:37:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 513
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 489
Total: 491

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Viramune and Truvada!  (Read 4330 times)

Offline makesmewonder

• Thats how i Love to Feel!! Ps: Thats my feet!!
Viramune and Truvada!
« on: October 12, 2008, 01:52:45 pm »
 :(

Hi everyone! i am about to start Viramune and Truvada Tomorrow! and i am so anxious about it! i cant even sleep anymore! i really worry about the side effects like the Rash! ahhhhhhh
I want to know someone who takes them and what do they feel? i want to start the treatment but i am really scared about the side effects!
and i need to start to take them tomorrow! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
can someone help me please?

Thanks
T

"To fear is one thing.  To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another".  ~Katherine Paterson, Jacob Have I Loved

Offline Imnew2this

• I'm stronger because of it
Re: Viramune and Truvada!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 02:09:47 pm »
I do not take Viramune, but its sister Sustiva (as Atripla).  But I do understand completely the fear of taking that first pill and worrying about the side effects.  I started Atripla 6 weeks ago and rank it as one of the top 5 most fearful times of my life.  BUT, I am happy to say that I have tolerated it incredibly well, without a rash, terrible dreams, or anything other than just an occasional woozy feeling.  And plus, my viral load dropped from almost 20,000 to a measly 100 in less than 30 days.  And the best part, I feel like myself again!  The horrible fatigue is gone and I feel like I'm winning this battle finally.

What does all that mean for you????  Just because the side effect is there doesn't mean you'll experience it.  Just see those first pills as the first swallow to a newer, healthier, better-feeling you. 
Good luck!

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 02:19:05 pm »
Hi

I'm on Truvada and the only thing I can attribute to it is a few more burps each day.  Not on Viramune, but I've been lobbying my doc to switch me over.  You might want to look over this thread here,
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=21323.0
which is full of comments from folks starting Viramune and Truvada.

Remember that it's important to know the potential side effects so that you can manage them or switch -- but that doesn't mean it is at all likely you will get them.  Starting meds is an investment in long term better health; whereas if you never start the meds the likelihood of some very nasty diseases is quite high.

Stay strong,
A
5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%
2014 VL UD - 48
2015 VL 130 Moved to Triumeq

Offline makesmewonder

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 02:20:05 pm »
Hey imnew2this!!
thankl u very much for yr kind words!! its true, i will take those pills and think they are working to bring the best in me, they are just helpingi!! ahhhhhh i think i wont sleep toniteee
xx
t

Offline makesmewonder

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 02:23:40 pm »
Fear: Fear is just your feelings asking for a hug.  ~Danielle Sanchez-Witzel and Michael Pennie, My Name is Earl, "South of the Border Part Uno/Dos," original airdate 7 December 2006, spoken by the character Joy Turner!

Ahh i think that is me now!

Offline Desertguy

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 11:52:38 pm »
I have been on Truvada & Viramune for 3 weeks now no side effects.  Just make sure you follow directions & do the 2 week break in period with the Viramune

Offline parteboy

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 08:15:26 am »
I switched from truvada and stocrin to truvada and viramune two months go.

My experience has been weird.... The issue is its hayfever season in melbourne at the moment so i can't tell what my symptoms are from...

I did get a slight rash on the face... It sort of came up one day and was hot. two hours later it was gone. Then the next day it came hack and burnt like hell and then three hours later gone.... I get a little nausea of the morning and yogurt seems like something i can't eat anymre as i don't sleep when i eat it.

Definately make sure you follow the break in period. At least i can sleep on these tablets. on stocrin i was only sleeping two-four hours a night.... Make sure you get regularly checked up on and you'll be fine....

Offline jennynyc7

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 08:58:08 am »
Hi, I have been on Truvada & Viramune since Feb or March and did get a mild rash but it went away in a few days. Other than that, I felt a little woozy the first few weeks (that's the viramune). It felt as though I needed to go to sleep but wasn't really tired. I don't know, I can't really explain the feeling. I have had no stomach issues at all, which I am soooo happy about. I had IBS for years and had finally gotten that under control so I was not looking forward to any new stomach issues. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

j
12/24/07-infected
1/3/08-ARS began
2/12/08-diagnosed
Initial Vl=99000
CD4=585
2/14/08-began Truvada/Reyataz/Norvir
3/01/08=Swapped Reyataz for Viramune
5/1/08:     vl= undetectable
                cd4=1250
10/24/08:  vl=undetectable
                cd4=1172 (55%)

12/4/08:    vl=254 (hopefully just a small blip)
                cd4=1234

Offline Tempeboy

• Like St Francis of Assisi I am wedded to Poverty
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 09:53:58 pm »
Hey Makesmewonder,

This is a great combo, lots of people take this combo with few if any long term problems and it works great against the virus.

Many people report mild side effects when they start treatment.  This 'Induction' or starting period is the first few days and sometimes weeks when your body is getting used to new medications for the first time.  This theory applies to other medications as well ie antidepressants, antibiotics etc.

The majority of people are fine, and you can plan ahead by taking time off from work if you can and preparing for side effects.  Stock up with headache pills, antinausea, antidiarrhoeals and even antianxiety medication.  Chances are you wont need them but they will be there just in case.

If you take your first doses with toast and bland food you eliminate the chance of nausea.  Ginder tea is great for nausea as is ginger beer. 

Take care.
Roughly roundabout somewhere in the eighteenth or nineteenth century, Sodomite begat Homosexual out of moral, medical and legal models, bequeathing him Identity, who inbred with Nuclear Family and Industrialism to spawn Homophobia.

Dean Kiley

Offline makesmewonder

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 09:59:17 pm »
Hey Tempboy!!
I took my pills its been 4 hours and i am here  wide awake! hehe feeling just abit nausea! heheh but its fine! i dont know if thats because i am always panicking about things but i cant sleep! i was tossing and turning!! and i am very anxious! maybe i am waiting for the side effects to happens when i know they wont! but i am here! doing nothing! when i had to be sleeping! hehehe
Thanks for your response and i will try the ginger tea or ginger ale! heheh i love ginger ale! so its always good!
Thanks
T

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.