Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:15:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 351
Total: 352

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Florida campaign co-chair and state Rep. Bob Allen Arrested  (Read 6530 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
And the saga continues :

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Two veteran Republican strategists are abandoning John McCain's campaign in Iowa, dealing another blow to his struggling presidential bid.

And in another setback, Florida campaign co-chair and state Rep. Bob Allen was arrested Wednesday after offering to perform oral sex for $20 on an undercover male police officer.

In Iowa, Ed Failor Jr., said Thursday that he and Karen Slifka plan to notify McCain of their resignations by letter. Both are GOP operatives with deep ties in Iowa, which holds the first-in-the-nation caucuses, and national politics.

"As much as I like Senator McCain, it's not a team I'm willing to stay involved with any longer," Failor said.

Once the GOP front-runner, McCain's second presidential candidacy has been foundering on all fronts. His support has been dropping in national polls and his top GOP rivals, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, have easily outdistanced him in fundraising. Over the past week, he has accepted the resignations of two top aides in his national campaign, laid off more than half his staff, narrowed his strategy to three states and disclosed he had only $2 million to spend.

Failor ran the Iowa field operation for President George W. Bush's campaign in 2004, assembling a deep campaign organization that energized social and religious conservatives. Bush narrowly won the state, the first time since 1984 that a Republican had prevailed in Iowa in the general election.

Failor also works for Iowans for Tax Relief, a conservative group that runs the state's largest political action committee.

Slifka came to the McCain campaign from her role as a strategist for the Republican National Committee.

Both had close ties to Terry Nelson, who served as McCain's campaign manager until his departure this week.

The defections are the latest sign of trouble for McCain in Iowa.

Jeff Lamberti, a former GOP legislative leader who is a co-chairman of McCain's Iowa campaign, said staff cuts in the state and the loss of major strategists is a blow.

"I'm not hearing a whole lot, to be honest," said Lamberti. "It definitely is tougher in Iowa. You need to be here, you need to have people on the ground."

Some wondered whether McCain could get backers out on caucus night, in the dead of winter, to argue politics, without experienced staffers in place. The caucuses are scheduled for Jan. 14.

"It's boots on the ground and they had that and they were going rather well, I thought, this winter and spring," said Chuck Laudner, executive director of the Republican Party of Iowa. "It just evaporated overnight on them."

In more bad news for McCain, a co-chair of his Florida campaign -- state Rep. Bob Allen -- was arrested Wednesday after offering to perform oral sex for $20 on an undercover male police officer, authorities said.

Allen, 48, was seen coming in and out of a restroom three times at a park in Titusville, Fla., said police Lt. Todd Hutchinson. He then approached an undercover officer and was arrested.

Money was never exchanged because, as soon as they left the bathroom, the lawmaker was arrested, police said.

Allen, who sponsored a failed bill that would have tightened the state's prohibition on public sex, scheduled a news conference at his lawyer's office to discuss Wednesday's arrest. A spokeswoman for Allen declined further comment.

Allen has been charged with solicitation for prostitution, which has a maximum penalty of one year in jail. Brevard County jail officials said Allen posted a $500 bond.

"Challenges are nothing new to me. Whether political challenges, physical challenges or even personal challenges -- how you stand up, face them and move forward defines your character and your strength," McCain wrote to supporters via e-mail July 10.

"I'm honored that you're standing with me and I'm determined to continue to face our challenges head-on and win. The stakes are simply too high to sit on the sidelines during this important crossroad in our nation's history,"

Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline RapidRod

Re: Florida campaign co-chair and state Rep. Bob Allen Arrested
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 06:01:38 pm »
Damn, people will do anything to make a dollar today. Hell didn't we all use to do it for free.  :D Now I know how to support my income or is that incum?

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 08:26:56 pm »
And the saga continues :

In more bad news for McCain, a co-chair of his Florida campaign -- state Rep. Bob Allen -- was arrested Wednesday after offering to perform oral sex for $20 on an undercover male police officer, authorities said.

The true crime is attempting to get a blowjob for $20. Here in Broward the minimum is $75.

Brent
(Who knows the value of a dollar)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 01:49:06 am »
I just reread this and realized he wanted to pay $20 to give someone a blow job. Shouldn't the person who is having to do all the work get the money? I think this cop has read Tom Sawyer.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 01:58:45 am by GSOgymrat »

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 02:01:25 am »
I just reread this and realized he wanted to pay $20 to give someone a blow job. Shouldn't the person who is having to do all the work get the money?

This is the way I understand. He was charging the undercover agent 20.00 for a so he could perform a BJ.

"Allen, R-Merritt Island, was booked into the Brevard County jail in Sharpes on a charge of solicitation to commit prostitution, a second-degree misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in the county jail and a $500 fine

I guess being a state represensentative, and co-chair didn't pay enough !!

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 02:05:09 am »
From the second link ;

"An undercover officer decided to go into one of the bathroom stalls, Hutchinson said. Moments later, Allen knocked on the stall door and offered to perform oral sex on the officer for $20, according to the police spokesman.

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 07:50:35 am »
How sad.
I look upon this as another blow (pardon the pun) to an ever unending list of government disappointment.
I am seriously in grave embarrassment for our governmental "leaders".
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 09:14:27 pm »
Maybe Bob Allen has a strategy to raise campaign funds.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 07:23:58 pm »
Just an update,

While this news is just a little over a week old, Bob Allen was found guilty :

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/state/orl-boballen1007nov10,0,1617921.story?page=1

I am not sure what the sentence was, but As I understand it, he could get 60 days in jail and a $500.00 fine.

Ray
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 07:25:58 pm by J.R.E. »

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 08:20:12 pm »
please tell me the dumb bastard was paying to blow the guy and not charging. If he is charging, it could be a new way to raise campaign funds.  What is it with Reps and restrooms? And what a cheap bastard. $20!!!!

Offline dixieman

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 11:18:30 am »
He offered to pay the under cover officer $20.00 to perform oral sex on the officer...

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 08:47:14 pm »

And we now have closure. Bob Allen turns in letter of resignation ;

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/state/orl-bk-boballen11162007,0,6224870.story?coll=tf-gators

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.