Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:30:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 376
Total: 377

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: One year, no meds, no symptoms  (Read 3639 times)

Offline Tass

One year, no meds, no symptoms
« on: January 18, 2014, 01:05:14 pm »
Is this normal? It's been almost a year since I've had HIV. No symptoms, no meds. My viral load is 20 and my CD4 is 1623. I feel the same I did a year ago. I just got these results back last week. My boyfriend doesn't want to use protection, but I'm terrified not to use a condom. He knows I have HIV. I don't know what to do.

Offline boomer

Re: One year, no meds, no symptoms
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 01:10:02 pm »
Tass, I tested positive in 1985 and developed AIDS in 2007. Everyone progresses differently. Use condoms!

Welcome to the forums.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 01:16:15 pm »
It's not "normal" but who cares? Those are your numbers and consider yourself fortunate. Also be advised that this is only one result and you should wait for three results to see what you actual situation is -- think in terms of trends.

As far as sex with your boyfriend, if he's comfortable going condom-less then he should be aware there is still a chance he could become infected. There are laws about transmission that vary state-by-state so protect yourself and have him consent in a way that would stand up in court -- notarized agreement, video statement etc.

If you are uncomfortable with the entire concept of not using a condom then I suppose it's a non-issue, you won't be going that route. You need to be comfortable with it to proceed since it takes two people to have sex. I don't think anyone else can really tell you what to do.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Tass

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 01:40:35 pm »
Thank y'all!!!  :)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 01:58:41 pm »
Good for you, i hope it lasts forever.  If it continues why don't you get in one of those studies about slow- or non-progressors...
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Tass

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 04:39:16 pm »
I was asked to participate in a study. When I was first diagnosed, my cd4 over 1700 and my viral load was 62!! I'm truly blessed.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 08:35:09 pm »
You were asked to join a study.  Did you go for it?

Offline weasel

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 04:32:21 pm »

Hello  Tass  :) ,

I went almost 20 years before starting MEDS .

I had a wonderful career , Life was good .

Enjoy it while it lasts , FYI I did nothing to help my heath other than doing
    a lot of psychical work , I build houses .    I love to ride bycycles and swim.

I never stopped drinking , but did not do drugs  or smoke and still don't !

Be well , Nice to meet you , 
                                                                                    Carl

P.s.  Been on MEDS 10 years now  ::)
" Live and let Live "

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.