Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:39:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 624
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 592
Total: 592

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Kicking my husband out of my home & my life.  (Read 7660 times)

Offline delilah07

Kicking my husband out of my home & my life.
« on: June 27, 2016, 05:52:45 am »
I have that gut feeling telling me he doesn't care about a thing. He vaporizes marijauna and drinks everyday. It's to the point I have an education while he used substances. I see him get really excited about women. So he calls me jealous when I mention he could have more respect for me. The situation is I should not interrupt his conversation with a woman. Then why didn't I tell him we were finished in the store. I reply with how I tried when he told me not to interrupt. Then he says how I always need to be right.
My point is I'm independent and have tried to listen to him more, but honestly I can only here his reasons for not working for so long before I have to continue studying. Now it is because I am applying for work.
Even though I tried to make it stop, I cannot ignore this feeling saying this relationship is bad. I fantasize about how good I'll do on my own, that one day I won't be told I'm crazy, and I'll look good because I'm proud I am able to pay my bills without concern.
He'd say that unless I paid the rent I had to shut up and women laughed at me. I also decided that maybe I should go to school which he at first said I could not do along with coloring my hair. I had to change these things over time.
No matter how much I improved he says things in an attempt to humiliate me in front of women. I explain to him that my work means I need a good public image, he claims I am insecure for caring what others think. I know he understands because if someone dislikes him I hear about it all day. I actually hold in my laughter at that point and say, "Maybe they're just having a bad day and you crossed their path."
At first he made me beg him to stay. He said I had to say I was with him because I needed him. He wanted our neighbors to hear this. The neighbor was really into him too. At least until she found out he had HIV.
I learned one very important lesson here... "Men are still capable of being jerks even when they have HIV." We both have HIV so that's why I felt I needed him.
On the bright side I am seeing my doctors like I'm supposed too and employers who are interested have contacted me. For now I only hope that I can keep my apartment. It's income restricted. Although my daughter and I are enough to keep the apartment, I'm going to have to talk to the apartment management.
I don't want to start a anti-men section here. I'm just tired of thinking that I'm not deserving of love and that I'm stupid. I want to improve the way I feel about myself. I'm sure my daughter and I will be okay.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 06:20:03 am by delilah07 »

Offline Expat1

Re: Kicking my husband out of my home & my life.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 08:44:02 am »
Sounds like you know what you need to do.

Offline Sprackdoll

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 01:26:19 am »
You are strong and independent woman. Don't let anyone treats you that way. He feels threaten you to be better then him. So he only knows how to put others down for him to feel secure or superior. Don't fall into this. You know what you should do. For your and for your daughter. This should end now before your daughter learns to live the same way as you are. It's hard but I am happily divorced and that was the best thing I've done in my life. You are not a prisoner of anyone but your own mind. Best wishes

Offline delilah07

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 04:52:58 am »
You are strong and independent woman. Don't let anyone treats you that way. He feels threaten you to be better then him. So he only knows how to put others down for him to feel secure or superior. Don't fall into this. You know what you should do. For your and for your daughter. This should end now before your daughter learns to live the same way as you are. It's hard but I am happily divorced and that was the best thing I've done in my life. You are not a prisoner of anyone but your own mind. Best wishes

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.