Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:12:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 718
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 678
Total: 678

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Keeping Track of Your Diet...  (Read 3380 times)

Offline Eldon

Keeping Track of Your Diet...
« on: November 21, 2006, 06:10:33 pm »
Keeping Track of Your Diet

(You will want to print this out and use this sheet to keep track of your Diet this week.)

Monday
Breakfast________________________________________________________________
Lunch__________________________________________________________________
Dinner__________________________________________________________________
Snacks__________________________________________________________________

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Re: Keeping Track of Your Diet...
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 02:06:58 am »
Thanks Eldon, I gotta buy some ink but I will print it out. I do have a question about eating habits. I'm in no means a vegetarian but I have noticed lately that I haven't been having much of a taste for meat. I still eat steak or a roast and sometimes hamburger. I was told that I needed to change my diet but has been notcing for the past few months that I have been buying more veggies than meat. I have been eating things like broccoli with cheese and fried okra which is fried in canola oil. Is it ok to eat like this? A lot of time I just cook some type of veggies and be done with it.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline bear60

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 11:58:10 am »
Miss Queen..( if I may call you that)
Different diets do different things...or maybe I should say...certain diets do certain things.  For example: my partner has to eat a low cholesterol diet because he has had very high cholesterol to the point that he had surgery for a blocked artery.  ( All due to lipodystrophy.) He does not eat bread or pasta, potatos or cheese. ETC
I would say that as long as you have no specific medical problem that dictates what diet you are on.....that you can have whatever diet you want.  I tried a macrobiotic diet for awhile...and did loose weight but it was hard to stay on it. So I didnt. Fresh anything is good...fresh veggies, fresh fish,  fresh fruit etc.
I added this:  Even though my partner is on a low cholesterol diet....I suspect he will eat some stuffing with his turkey and have some pie!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 12:00:10 pm by bear60 »
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 12:02:30 pm »

I can't keep track of my car keys...much less my diet.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 12:14:07 pm »
Bear~~

I wouldn't call what I'm doing a diet. I have always loved veggies as a kid, except for beans. I just thought it odd that I have seemed to cut down my own meat intake. I still eat steak and roast. I love to eat nuts but knows I over do it. I have been buying walnuts for the omega 3 and taking fish oil tabs. The only other medical problems I have is diabetes. It seem that most of the things I like, rice, potatoes, corn are things I have to eat in small portions because of the starch. I still drink Pepsi but I have also started drinking bottled water. The only thing I haven't done is exercising. Just not motivated or I'll start then I'll stop.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline bear60

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 12:55:22 pm »
Miss Queen: I highly recommend a PURE filter that you can attach to your kitchen faucet.  It gives you filtered water without paying the bottled water price.  (Can you believe what people pay to drink water which is essentially free!!!!)
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 02:07:02 am »
Yeah, I do. I am one of the ones paying for bottled water. I started drinking Propel but now it's hard to find it in 6 or 12 pack. I just started drinking Dasani grape water which is pretty good. I had a filter before by Brita, I think it was. I'm going to have to get it again.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Eldon

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 02:16:51 am »
Hello!

To Hal...LOL!

To Bear...You do have a valid point.

To Queen..I am studying on Diets and Excercise this week and I will update you on this as well.

For Thanksgiving and Christmas the diet seems to go out of the window.

Make the BEST of each Day!

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 07:40:47 am »
To the Queen,  I may not be answering your actual question, but when I moved to a tiny cottage on the Cape, I stopped cooking meat because anything I cooked would end up 'in' the sheets, etc.  So I went from a regular pasta sauce making (meat, onions, tomatoes, etc.) to boiling pasta and adding an ounce or so of cheese to melt with tomatoes (canned).  In other words, I went from having meat regularly to having no meat at all and really didn't offset it in a responsible way.  My teeth haven't fallen out.  My bones haven't cracked.  I do have a yogurt each day.  But I haven't seen any problem from what I would have assumed to be a major withdrawal.  Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline wellington

• Don't sweat the little things.
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 01:09:30 pm »
Give me meat or give me death. I eat alot of fish and chicken, but if I couldn't have a good side of moo at least once a week, I'd rather be plant food.

I'm currently on a see [sic] food diet. Fortunately, I'm no couch potato so it works for me.

Offline poet

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 02:06:44 pm »
Let me guess.  Since the Queen (that is Elizabeth) is still your ruler, boeuf Wellington? :) Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline wellington

• Don't sweat the little things.
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 02:13:46 pm »
Works for me, as long as it's top grade tenderloin. The Queen has long since lapsed into the hall of inaccessible, stuffy leaders. However, if Diana were still with us, I'd be worshiping the ground under her. Jackie O on steroids, baby.

Offline poet

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 02:46:03 pm »
You might even enjoy a true story, then, about the Queen.  A friend of mine was having lunch with Herself, Herself's Husband, etc., having been awarded a title.  He was/is blind.  The lunch was quail served with the sharpest knives known to G and creation.  The Queen, according to another person present, looked... ok, daggers, at the staff: blind man; sharp knives.  She graciously asked him if he would prefer her to cut his quail for him.  He thanked her and said yes to which she brilliantly said, 'Oh, it's nothing.  I do it for the dogs every day,' equating, of course, a human subject with a dog.  I wil pass on Miss Bouvier if only because Hyannis was home to J.F.K. and herself.  Win

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 07:36:09 pm »
Thanks Poet. I was just wondering because I have noticed that when I go shopping I may buy for packs of steak and a roast and that's really it for meat. Like I said, I am not crazy about fish, chicken or beans. I just wanted to make sure that by cutting down the intake, it wouldn't cause any problems.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.