Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:04:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 626
Total: 628

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Any wonder?  (Read 5589 times)

Offline wolfter

Any wonder?
« on: October 09, 2013, 06:59:28 am »
I made the mistake of pulling out an old scrap book this morning.  I was thinking about the other Greg who lived to be 29.  The obits that I reviewed showed many friends who died so young. 

I guess I'm just dealing with a bout of survivor's guilt wondering why I was worthy to remain while others weren't.  There are obviously no answers, just needed to express my sentiments and feelings.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline moxieinme

Re: Any wonder?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 08:13:28 am »
Hey Wolfter,
Thanks for your honest and touching post. One of the realities of being a LTS is dealing with survivor's guilt every now and then. Who knows why the cosmic roll of the dice worked out in our favor in this respect. It's worthwhile recognizing and holding our sense of loss and regret.

But also remember you already demonstrated your valuable contribution by being here to hold up the memory of those you have lost. I sincerely hope when I am gone I leave a legacy of loving friends who revisit and cherish my memory as you are doing now.

Your great value now is also just being alive and present: a very real and visible reminder to the world of the strength and resilience of all the men and women -- here and gone -- faced with HIV/AIDS. Again, consider yourself fortunate to honor your lost friends in this way.

Just my humble opinion. Wishing you comfort now and strength for the future.

JD
Salvage therapy wrangler, riding the poz bronco and dodging bullets for over 24 years.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
CD4 at diagnosis 1989 = 330
Began treatment (AZT) 1989
Lowest labs 1998: CD4=74, 7%, VL=750,000
First sustained undetectable VL in 20 years (2009); CD4=315
Current labs (12/13): CD4=637, 27%, VL=<20
Current meds: Prezista, Isentress, Intellence, Norvir

Offline wolfter

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 10:07:39 am »
Thanks Moxie.  I was just in a very weird place this morning.  I had the most vivid, touching dream last night.  I remember it all in such detail even though most of it was not reality. 

It was like a scene from one of my favorite movies, where all loved ones gathered once again for a reunion.  It was a barn party in Kentucky, but still....  Everybody was there and I felt bad that I had forgotten a few of them.  I lost so many close friends that acquaintances hadn't been in my thoughts. 

It was even weirder as many from this site were also in attendance.  (there's definitely some sluts amongst us).  :)  I awoke so happy to suddenly be hit with reality. 

Offline mitch777

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 11:38:18 am »
Thanks for posting that Greg and once again Moxie comes through with his words and wisdom.

You both have loving friends here and I count myself as one of many.

btw Greg- I hope I was one of those sluts. lol.  :)
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 06:57:01 am »
Perhaps also mourning loved ones , in a healthy honest way.

It happens to me without the aid of Photo,s

I am as I have bored you all with having a MAJOUR clear out and have come across items / photo,s/Event Posters ect that have left me sitting on a cold basement floor for 2 hours lost in memories that I would hate to loose, even if experiencing then can include feeling wretched.

I do not feel guilty, I can feel very pissedoff that my 57 old body is a pretty robust 78 year old's, I miss the income that my pre AIDS script would off had me on by now, I do not like being in the benefits system, but I do like being alive to be able to dislike all the crap.

None off us should have to add yet another layer off beat ourselves up type feelings with the baggage and history we have , but we do and its important to be clear and honest bout what they are.

So thanks for the post Wolfter and get on with cleaning your squatters pit;

BTW when I was a squatter in 1979 the landlord gave us a reference saying how well we had looked after the place.

Love
michael
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline wolfter

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 11:39:56 am »
You guys are so sweet.  I'm just fortunate to have a place to share these sentiments.  After some much needed retail therapy, feeling a little better today.

I guess many of us experience these same processes. 

@ Mitchy, you were quite behaved...but oh my...Miss Kenisha was another story.  :)

Offline mitch777

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 03:18:46 pm »

@ Mitchy, you were quite behaved...but oh my...Miss Kenisha was another story.  :)

Figures.  ::)
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 12:43:20 am »
Figures.  ::)

LOL... I tried to have another dream to change your beautiful persona, but to no avail.  :) 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.