Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:48:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773266
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 337
Total: 338

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Anal bleeding hiv  (Read 12749 times)

Offline smilet227

• Standard
Anal bleeding hiv
« on: March 19, 2013, 12:47:30 pm »
Last night I hooked up with a guy Ive been knowing for a year, at first we started with protected anal for about five minutes but this was my first time doing anal and it hurt so bad I made him stop so he took off the condom and we did frottage where he rubbed his penis around my anus not penetrating me but i got scared and left. I was fine until I got home a wiped my anus and I saw blood. Did I put myself at a high risk for HIV and should I get put on pep? Please help.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Anal bleeding hiv
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 12:50:08 pm »
You never had a risk at all. HIV transmission requires unprotected penetrative sex.

Offline smilet227

• Standard
positive frottage
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 05:50:09 pm »
Hello  last week i hooked up with a guy and we only did protected anal once and i stoped him becuase it hurt to bad  but unprotected frottage after that and i was bledding in my anus during the same time so i dont know if his ifected semen got into a tear around my anus. i just found out today that he tested positive for hiv. am i at high risk now becuase i found out he is hiv positive?  should i have got on pep?

Offline RapidRod

Re: positive frottage
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 07:08:47 pm »
◾Please do not start a new thread every time you have another question or thought - regardless if you think your questions are related to each other or not. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Additional threads will be merged.

◾If you cannot find your thread, click on the "Show own posts" link in the left-hand column of any forum page, under your name.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 07:49:34 pm »
Hello  last week i hooked up with a guy and we only did protected anal once and i stoped him becuase it hurt to bad  but unprotected frottage after that and i was bledding in my anus during the same time so i dont know if his ifected semen got into a tear around my anus. i just found out today that he tested positive for hiv. am i at high risk now becuase i found out he is hiv positive?  should i have got on pep?

You did entirely the right thing, using a condom for anal sex. The frottage was not a risk unless, of course, he entered you and ejaculated inside you.

Sorry it hurt, and sorry there was blood. Maybe one or both of you were/are inexperienced at this sort of thing. It takes time, lots of patience, and serious lubrication to make pleasurable anal sex. In the future, insist on that.

It seems from your tone that you have a strong fear regarding HIV. I understand being wary (which is why we practice safer sex) but as you have found out, you will likely come into contact with another HIV positive person. And maybe even another. Some don't even know they are infected. Some are on meds with an undetectable viral load. Regardless, you wear a condom SPECIFICALLY to protect you (and him) from HIV infection and other STDs. Finding out that protection was warranted should not cause you the anxiety that it seems to be causing.

You did the right thing. Please remember to wear a condom.

And yes, I read about your bleeding. What likely happened is that the secondary sphincter inside your anus (not the one you can see) was not relaxed enough, and tissue was damaged. The fact that you were able (and willing) to continue having sex (frottage) tells me that it was a minor damage. Bleeding after anal sex, while not ideal, is not entirely uncommon. And it does NOT elevate your risk for HIV infection, as your primary sphincter muscle is more than able to safeguard you for the ten or so milliseconds that HIV particles might be present in it's vicinity.

You were not at risk in the scenario you described - which I read very carefully.

PEP is a fairly expensive regimen of medication that must be started within 72 hours past possible exposure (which you did not, in my opinion, have.) Ideally it should be started within 36 hours, as the effectiveness drops off sharply past that point.

It is comprised of between two and four different drugs used to fight HIV. In many cases, it is that same type of drugs used by HIV positive people to control the virus. In all but the wealthiest of situations, PEP is often comprised of older drugs such as Kaletra and AZT. These drugs are known to cause side effects which likely will not go away in the length of time you will be taking them (one month.)

Some regimen use a drug called Truvada, which is more benign drug, in addition to another drug. Of course, many of these pills (like Kaletra and Truvada) are actually two medications in one. Thing is, these aren't necessarily benign medications, and I certainly hesitate to recommend them to anyone who is anxious about HIV if there isn't concrete reason to take them.

The drugs also extend the testing window for HIV by a month - as they suppress viral replication and delay antibody response in the small chance of failure.

Thing is, I do not see this as an HIV situation. If you want to test, the earliest you could receive a reasonable result is six weeks from the date of exposure - though the gold standard remains three months. Of course, any sexually active person who is not in a mutually monogamous relationship ought to get a complete STD panel, including (of course) an HIV test at least once if not twice a year.

I sincerely think that this was not an HIV situation.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline smilet227

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 11:29:08 am »
 Hello this is my last question. I hooked up with a guy first he fingered me without protection but I though he scratched me so I made him stop so we did protected anal and I got scared so I stopped and than he wanted to do unprotected frottage and while we were doing that he tried to put the head in and I stopped him and told him to put on a condom and when he did we tried anal once again but it was to painful so I just got up and left. When I got home and whipped my anal region and hole I saw a little blood and now im scared because he just found out he is HIV positive. Did I put myself at high for risk? should i just move on with my life?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 11:49:26 am »
None of the activity's you mention are even a remote risk for HIV . You cant get HIV from a finger or frottage and the anal sex was protected ... so no need to test because you never had a risk . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.