Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:23:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 193
Total: 194

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Why?  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
Why?
« on: July 27, 2008, 05:32:35 am »
Why is it so hard for a Mother to have so much hate for her gay son?

I have tried to understand this for sometime now and have not come to any conclusion why she is so upset with me.

I opened a My-space page online and had it set up with Support HIV and a big Red Ribbon and she noticed that I had a few gay guy couples on my site and she went off on me and now she is not speaking too me.

I give up! I know it would be hard for them at first but damn-it I am 37 and live near my mother and she was calm for awhile until recently with the my-space page and now she is not speaking too me.

Don't get me wrong but I love my mother to death and really love my little home that I live in but still can not have friends over that are guys.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Why?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 07:23:00 am »
Jerry, just try to stay calm and take her actions in stride. You and your mother just lost your father and her husband recently and she is still having a time dealing with the loss. She will come around just give her some time. My father was like your mother and then one day he just asked me to give him some time and he would try to understand, then I got the "lecture" about one guy and why I just didn't settle down with him. LOL Give it some time, even those in the Bible belt will change. Remember you are all she has and she depends on you. She's just scared for your health and that you will find someone and move away. Believe me, I know it's hard but try to bare it out and you have my number if you want to talk.

Rodney

Offline Iggy

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 10:46:13 am »
Jerry,

Sorry that this is going on for you right now, though perhaps Rod is right about your mom still suffering from the loss of your father and just lashing out.

Regardless, keep doing what you are doing with your support page as I'm certain that those who belong to it appreciate what you do.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 04:49:58 pm »
Hey Jerry,

Will your mother be able to keep the property, your home, after the loss of your father?  Do you have a back up plan in case you should suddenly need a place to live?  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.