Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:33:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 244
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 218
Total: 219

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Going for HIV Testing  (Read 17096 times)

Offline assume

Going for HIV Testing
« on: November 27, 2006, 11:45:51 pm »
Guys,

Can you advise me the risk of getting HIV in the following situation

12 weeks back I was in Vegas. Went to a strip club. I will get to the questions. The stripper was giving me a dry hump. After sometime she put saliva on her hand and rubbed it on the head of my penis and also touched the tip of my penis (urethra) couple of times. I have heard that the head and the tip of penis is mucous membrane and permeable. I also touched her vagina for few seconds. It was dry and there were no cuts on my finger. Immediately after this situation say after 5 mins, I went to the rest room and cleaned my penis with water. I didn't noticed any visible cut on my penis. I am not aware of any microscopic cuts on the tip of my penis i.e urethra. I didn't noticed any blood on my penis. I am not aware if there was any blood in her mouth. I have spoken on couple of helpline and they say that I cannot get HIV. But I am shit scared. I would be getting married in few months. I also tested for STD. What is my risk of getting HIV suppose she had little or not visible blood in her mouth.

I would appreciate if somebody can reply. I am nowdays only dreaming of my life getting ruined etc

Thanks

Offline assume

Re: Going for HIV Testing
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 02:12:01 am »
I would appreciate if somebody could reply to my question. I am getting very tensed

Thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 02:43:43 am »
You didn't have a risk. Saliva is not infectious.

Offline assume

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 02:49:27 am »
Thanks for your reply Rapid Rod,

But what if the saliva had little not visible blood in it. Will it change my risk of getting HIV infection. Or does Saliva kills the HIV cells in blood. I have gone through lot of forum. Nobody seems to answer this question. Frankly speaking my life has been ruined from last 12 weeks.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 09:50:17 am »
assume,

Saliva is not infectious, period. That statement does not come with any little disclaimers such as except when or unless blah blah blah. The statement "saliva is not infectious" means just that. You won't become infected with hiv from someone rubbing saliva on your penis. You also will not become infected with hiv through getting a blowjob, for the same reason.

You did not have a risk.

I suggest you read through the Welcome Thread and follow the Transmission Lesson link so you can learn what is a risk and what isn't.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Use condoms for intercourse and avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline assume

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 11:00:00 am »
Ann,

Thanks for your reply. I was asking you this question because there is so much information out there. I spoke with a person in CDC and that person told me that there is a risk if blood is present in saliva. Then you go to these n number of other websites and they either use words extremely low or essentially non-existent. Nobody clearly says that you are at risk or you are not at risk.  I went on HivInsite.org and they said there is a risk. But were unable to quantify the risk.

I would be going for testing this week just to calm down my fears. I can't wake up every morning thinking about HIV.

So just for my clarification purpose it doesn't matter whether there is a little blood in saliva or not. Saliva is non-infectious fluid. Is it also true that saliva kills the infectious property of HIV cells in blood to a great extent so that its not possible to get infected.

Just to add a note. I think you guys are doing a great job by giving your answers in black and white rather then grey

Thanks

Offline assume

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 10:09:47 pm »
Ann and Rapid Rod,

I would appreciate if you could answer what is the risk of getting HIV Infection if there is small amount of blood present in saliva and this mix is touched on the head of the penis and tip of the penis. There was not cut or sores on penis. I am not aware if there were microscopic cuts on tip of penis

Thanks

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 11:03:06 pm »
Look, this is a non-HIV event no matter how you want to cut it. Microscopic amounts of blood? Give me a break. If it were lab concentrated virus that was several million times more concentrated than the worst viral load I can see concern. But not blood. It just doesn't happen. Relax. I am certain you will test negative from this exposure.

Rich
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Offline assume

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 12:35:22 am »
Thanks a lot. I think my irrational part of brain has taken over my rational part of brain. I keep on getting all these ideas and then I try to think rationally. But again my irrational part of brain takes over my rational part. I was in gym a hr back and was just thinking how is it possible for blood to mix in saliva. How many times i have blood in my mouth. The mouth has great anti-septic qualities. It heals wounds very fast. But as I am driving my way back home I started crying in my car. I start thinking everything wrong happening in my life.

I need answer to 2 quick questions and I promise I will not bug any more

A) How long HIV Virus survives in environment
B) Does Saliva has qualities to make HIV cells in blood less infectious when mixed with saliva. Sufficently less infectious to pass on HIV Infection

Thanks

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 12:54:49 am »
1) Minutes
2) Yes.

Now be true to your promise and get over this.
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Offline assume

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 09:44:46 pm »
HIV Worker, Ann, Rapid Rod

I tried to go for HIV testing today, but couldn't muster the strength to go for testing.

I will try again tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help

Offline assume

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 10:45:53 pm »
HIV Worker, Ann, Rapid Rod, Andy

Do you guys really think this is a no risk activity. Is it normal for strippers to do such a thing when giving their customers lap dance. Is it not possible that they want to infect you.

Offline assume

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 12:26:05 am »
Final Question.

Are you guys on this forum certified HIV Advisers or do you give advise based on your experience and research. I don't mean to be harsh on anybody

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 01:03:28 am »
Trying to infect you? Get a grip. They do all that saliva stuff because it is supposed to be hot. What do you think? That women want to deliberately infect you with a virus for paying them? It is actually true that everyone is trying to infect you with HIV isn't it. You are part of the problem people with HIV face. Nobody is trying to infect you. I have it on good authority that the sorts of activities that this woman did actually go on with people you are about to have sex with to turn you on. You know, the ones you don't pay to do stuff to.

Am I a certified HIV councillor? Nope. However, all the people who have given you advice are very experienced. Rapidrod and Ann have been around on this forum for years. I think I came in Spring 2003. What qualifies me to give advice? Well, I work with HIV. I've worked on it for 6 years. I'm a PhD and senior research virologist. Does that qualify me to give you advice about HIV transmission? Hmmm, maybe. Experience trumps a qualification. But you be the judge.

Offline assume

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 02:42:16 am »
You say that there is no risk. But I went on the www.hivinsite.org website and they say its a risk. You guys have the right to have your opinion, but how can your opinion be so different from other people opinion

http://www.hivinsite.org/insite?page=ask-06-01-17

Question

While participating in mutual masturbation, my partner spit on the head of my penis while jerking me off. Does that put me at risk for HIV? Otherwise no body fluids were exchanged.

Answer

I would not consider this to be an activity that puts you at significant risk for HIV infection unless, perhaps, he was visibly bleeding into his saliva (for example if he had just had his wisdom teeth removed, or had just gotten hit in the mouth during a boxing match, but came to visit you anyway). Saliva without visible blood in it is not thought to present a significant risk of HIV infection.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 03:48:27 am »
You don't get HIV from what you have told us. Feel free to move on to another forum if you feel the answers you have been given are not up to "What You Think."

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 09:56:02 am »
assume,

That advice is no different to what we give here. If you read around the forum a bit, you'll see many times where I ask someone who got a blowjob if they'd just punched the giver in the mouth. When we're talking visible blood, we mean blood that you couldn't possibly miss. If this guy was bleeding from his mouth to the extent that you needed to worry about it, you would have said so by now.

It's time for you to give this up and get back to your life. You weren't at risk for hiv infection by any stretch of the imagination. If you don't believe us, then test, collect your negative result, and move on.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 09:57:32 am »
You have the right to interpret other websites incorrectly if you wish. That answer clearly states that what you did is of no risk unless you see blood.

You clearly state,

I didn't noticed any blood on my penis

Therefore based on the description of your activity, our answer is actually EXACTLY the SAME as the one on the website you quoted. If you had said, "And I saw blood all over my penis" that wouldn't constitute the same risk as you described and our advice would have been different. Your exposure would not have been from oral sex, but from blood. Oral sex, in the absence of blood, is not a risk. We have all said it at one time or another.

But let's look at the facts. Your story doesn't have blood in it, and to quote the very story you claim points out an inconsistency

without visible blood in it is not thought to present a significant risk of HIV infection.

Thus being entirely consistent with the message we have been telling you.

Rich

Offline assume

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 09:52:57 pm »
Rapid Road, Ann, HIV WORKER

I went for testing today at a center that provides free testing. The counsellor after hearing me said he will not test me. He said I was not at risk of HIV and if I am interested I can go and pay some other place and get the testing.

Offline assume

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 09:53:23 pm »
Is it okay if he did that

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 10:49:42 pm »
Assume,

Yes, it's ok that he did that and frankly, I don't blame him. If you've never had a risk for hiv (in other words, you've never had unprotected intercourse) then there is no reason for resources to be wasted on you. As you've been told, you haven't had a risk and you do not need to test over this incident.

If you insist on testing, pay for it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline assume

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2006, 11:29:13 pm »
Ann,

The guy I met heard me very pateintly. I think my mind is totally clouded because I have read so much on internet that its difficult for me to separate fact with fiction. He told me that to get HIV a) I need to have unprotected sex. What I had was not sex at all. It was not even oral sex. it was just mutual masturbation b) There should be sufficient quantity of fluid present. And then he gave me an example that for somebody to get infected he need to drink at least 8 ounce of fluid infected with HIV Virus. In my case he said that there was zero ounce of fluid involved. He licked his fingers and asked me how much ounce of fluid it was  c) when I said the fluid touched my tip of penis and head of penis, he said thats not enough. The fluid should travel right inside my hole. the complete urethra. and in your case it has only touched the tip. Nothing has travelled inside. And hence you are not infected. I said what if there was blood involved and he dismissed it. He convinced me that I am not infected and should go back home.

Do you think he gave me the correct explanation? I am still going and getting HIV Test. I spoke with a clinic today and said my test would take 2 weeks and cost me 90 dollars. I hope that what you guys have said come true. My test results come negative.

I have read and thought about it so much from last 3 months that my mind has become pretty screwed up.

Here is another link of a guy advising me

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Current/Q180131.html

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2006, 11:36:59 pm »
So let's summarize your situation.

You had a nothing risk.

You asked whether it was a risk or not.

Ann said it was not.
Rapidrod said it was not
I said it was not
Two independent people you asked outside this forum said it was not
Dr Bob from TheBody said it was not
This person you saw recently said it was not and wouldn't test you (and he was right to do so and say what he did).

So exactly what sort of expert advice do you need to tell you that you are at no risk? Dr Bob only said take a test at 3 months because it would put your obvious paranoia to bed (or it should).

What should you do? I'd say waste $90 on a complete waste of time test and convince yourself of what 7 experts have told you.

I'm done here..

R

Offline assume

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2006, 12:47:27 am »
I know I have been a pain in ass for all of you guys. one final question and hope i will not ask any more.

What ingredients (stuff), if added, do you think in the situation that I have described above would have warranted a testing.

Thanks

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2006, 12:50:08 am »
Unprotected vaginal sex
Unprotected anal sex
Sharing needles
Throwing blood all over each other
Drinking blood

Offline assume

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2006, 12:57:23 am »
HAHAHAHAHAHAH

I didn't got invoved in any of that stuff

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2006, 01:02:04 am »
Then guess what you were at no risk[/size]

Offline assume

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2006, 02:42:27 pm »
HIV Worker,

I am going for a rapid test on Monday. They said it will take 3 days to get the result. Is it possible for me to talk to you. I know you will not prefer to give your number on this forum or you will appreciate that I give you a call. But is there any way i can tallk to you.

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2006, 03:09:59 pm »
The only way to contact me is via the internet and on here. The only people I talk to on this forum are my friends from the "LIVING" section. Sorry, I've seen people get burned before doing what you ask. It's only 3 days and you will be fine.

R

Offline assume

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2006, 03:31:26 pm »
Thanks for your reply. I will still appreciate to talk with you. Because it will console me. But what do you mean by this sentence "Sorry, I've seen people get burned before doing what you ask."

Thanks

Offline assume

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2006, 04:43:51 pm »
Ann, Rapid Rod, HIV Worker and Everybody else on this forum

So here I am summarizing all the details and answer me if my understanding is correct.

A) Fingering for couple of seconds. Her vagina was dry and no cuts on my fingers => Zero Risk => No Testing Warranted.

B) No Anal Sex => Zero Risk => No Testing Warranted.

C) No Vaginal Sex => Zero Risk => No Testing Warranted

D) No Receptive Oral Sex => Zero Risk => No Testing Warranted

E) No Insertive Oral Sex => Zero Risk => No Testing Warranted. Assuming that what the lap dancer did was not insertive oral sex i.e. rubbing saliva on the head of penis.

F) If the Stripper only rubbed her saliva on the tip of my penis and head of my penis for a minute.  Assuming no cuts on my penis and no microscopic cuts on my head of penis i.e. urethra => Zero Risk => No Testing Warranted.

G) If the Stripper rubbed saliva mixed with blood on the head of my penis and tip of my penis. Blood that cannot be seen or very less blood i.e. couple of drops. Assuming no cut on my penis or no microscopic cuts on my urethra . Zero Risk => No Testing Warranted.

H) If the Stripper rubbed saliva mixed with blood on the head of my penis and tip of my penis. Saliva also includes very less blood say couple of drops. Assuming no cut on my penis, but very small cuts on my urethra . Is it Zero Risk  or Less Risk or High Risk.

Answer to these questions would help in putting my fears to rest.

Thanks a lot for being patient to me.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2006, 04:49:02 pm »
It's time to put this thread to bed. YOU DIDN'T HAVE A RISK. PERIOD. End of subject.. No more what ifs or buts, we're done here.

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2006, 05:21:23 pm »
Who cares about the ifs and buts of what didn't happen.

I'm fed up with the meaningless questions. You had your answers and you took a test. I for one won't visit this thread until you post your results or I shall just ignore the user completely. There is actually a rule about posting over and over about the same low risk activities. Read the lessons section if you want to get educated about HIV..and forget the "What ifs". The rules are quite simple that even I can understand them.

R

Offline j_friend

• Standard
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2006, 05:49:55 pm »
Assume ... unfortunately, what you're experiencing is VERY real.  It has nothing to do with HIV, but nevertheless, it is REAL.  You have fixated your mind on HIV, and now you think that somehow, you became infected.  It seems that, for whatever reason, you are feeling VERY guilty over what you did sexually - and you have convinced yourself that HIV is the perfect punishment for your actions.  Trust me, my friend ... read my posts VERY carefully - I was convinced I had contracted HIV through several unprotected episodes with women, and a few with men as well. For two years, popped Vicodin like popcorn, went on the internet, and had instant "hook-ups". Finally, I quit the drugs and the guilt kicked in. The symptoms came on strong, and although people on the forum, my therapist, and an HIV Specialist didn't think that I had HIV ... it really didn't matter. My mind KNEW I had it.  I'm tempted to compare our risks and to tell you, "I had risks and you didn't" ... but that's not the issue. Our FEAR was exactly the same.  By living on the internet, calling hotlines, reading about "rare transmission cases" etc. ... you have allowed your mind to become infected with this fear. You don't have HIV, and your test will prove this. However, you need to focus on the obsessing ... because it will continue to creep up and reer its ugly head until you take a look at it. 

Offline assume

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2006, 02:16:54 pm »
Rapid Rod, HIV Worker, Ann

I just came from HIV Testing. I went for Anonymous Testing. Just a final question to help me to go through next few days. So you guys think that my risk of HIV Transmission is zero if a stripper rubs her saliva mixed with blood on the head on my penis and tip of my penis. I didn’t had any cuts or sores on my penis.

I am sorry I know I am repeating myself again. But I am going through a deep stress.

Thanks

Assume

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2006, 03:33:32 pm »
assume, instead of reposting. Just reread the replies you've been given.

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2006, 03:34:55 pm »
I predict a negative, a strong negative

Offline assume

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2006, 01:37:17 am »
HIV Worker,

The only valid reason that has been given to me is that a) Saliva is not infectious and hence I cannot get infected. That is understandable. The other reason is that this is not an HIV Situation. But I think I need more information to understand that I am not at risk.

Assume

Offline assume

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2006, 01:20:37 am »
Ann, Rapid Rod, HIV Worker

Isn't the opening of the penis i.e. tip of penis the external urethral orifice. Isn't that mucous membrane. So when saliva mixed with blood touches the external urethral orifice shouldn't the risk of transmission increase. This is what happened in my case. So how can you guys say that I have "No Risk". This is the question that I want you to answer. Can you give me a well reasoned anwer that why this is not a risk. I understand saliva is not infectious. But when saliva mixed with blood touches the external urethral orifice the risk of transmission should be very high.

I would appreciate if you could give me an answer for this.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2006, 07:54:16 am »
Assume, have you read the lesson on Transmission? Even if you have, re-read it. You can find it through a link in the Welcome thread which opens this section.

Getting a blowjob is one of the most common sexual acts. Yet in the entire quarter century history of the epidemic there's never been a documented case of transmission in this manner. It's safe to say you aren't going to make hiistory by becoming the first.

Tell your mind to give it a rest. No kidding. Just because your mind says otherwise doesn't change the realities of HIV science. Really.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline assume

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2006, 11:18:45 am »
Andy,

That is based on the assumption that only saliva is involved. I understand that. But what if saliva has little blood. Than that assumption changes. Correct.

Assume

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2006, 11:54:17 am »
assume,

The assumption only changes if there is a copious amount of blood involved. You yourself said you saw no blood. If there was an amount of blood present that you needed to worry about, you would have noticed. Saliva, even with small amounts of blood present, is NOT infectious.

You are starting to head down the time out road. There are only so many ways we can tell you that you weren't at risk. It's up to you now whether you want to continue stressing out over this, or let it go. Whatever you decide, you won't be permitted to continually take up time and bandwidth over this no-risk event. Get the face to face help you need with your anxiety - we cannot offer you that here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline assume

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2006, 11:41:33 am »
Rapid Rod, Ann, HIV Worker

Very tensed. Today I am going to get my test results. Keeping fingers crossed.

Offline assume

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2006, 04:53:58 am »
HIV Worker, Ann and Rapid Rod

Today I received my test results. And the test results showed that I am HIV Negative. I thank all you guys for giving me support during this period of anxiety.

Thanks A Lot. Keep on the good work.

Offline assume

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2006, 11:44:32 pm »
HIV Worker, Rapid Rod, Ann

I tested -ve after 14 weeks and 2 days. Is the test definitive or should I wait for another test after 6 months. Just your input required. Please reply this final question.

Assume

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2006, 11:55:59 pm »
you are done. Some places say 6 months, but that is old info. CDC say 13 weeks.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2006, 09:17:08 am »
assume,

You didn't have a risk in the first place. You do not need further testing. You are hiv negative, without doubt.

Protect that hiv negative status by using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse; use them every time and use them correctly. If you haven't yet checked out the condom and lube links in my signature line, do it now.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.