Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:38:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773263
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 325
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 324
Total: 324

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Body Shop/UNAIDS campaign casting this Friday in London  (Read 6442 times)

Offline gemini20

Body Shop/UNAIDS campaign casting this Friday in London
« on: April 21, 2010, 08:51:25 am »

The Body Shop and UNAIDS is casting for a global campaign highlighting activists in the fight against HIV.

If you happen to be in London this coming Friday 23rd April and are interested in being photographed by renowned photographer Rankin then please go along to the casting.

For more details http://www.thebodyshop.com/_en/_ww/values-campaigns/assets/pdf/castinginvite.pdf

I can’t make Friday as I’ll be out of London so I met with staff from the Body Shop this morning and they do want me to be part of the campaign so I am very excited at the prospect of being photographed and my image as an HIV positive woman being used to raise awareness around the world.

The project is due to launch on World AIDS Day this year. 
Diagnosed 11th September 1991
Current CD4 count 484 (26%); viral load undetectable (December 2011).
Restarting boosted Prezista 08/04/11

Offline gemini20

Re: Body Shop/UNAIDS campaign casting this Friday in London
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 04:36:51 am »
I took part in the Body Shop/UNAIDS photo-shoot yesterday morning. It was certainly an experience - getting hair/make up done by professionals was a treat and although there was a lot of waiting around, after 3 hours I was finally up in front of Rankin and his camera and crew!

The photos turned out really well and I am pleased that at least one HIV positive woman will feature in the campaign. After the photos I then recorded a piece on video that will be used on the websites later in the year.

When I arrived there were a few notable activists already there - Annie Lennox, UNAIDS Executive Director Michel Sidibé,and former UNAIDS head Peter Piot were all photographed before me.

I understand the campaign will launch around October/November building up to events on World AIDS Day on 1st December. Once I have links I will update in this post.

Emma
Diagnosed 11th September 1991
Current CD4 count 484 (26%); viral load undetectable (December 2011).
Restarting boosted Prezista 08/04/11

Offline Cerrid

• only as good as your last haircut
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 03:29:24 am »
Wow, photographed by Rankin! Here's Britain's next topmodel I suppose!

I'm looking forward to seeing your picture, Emma! Good luck with the campaign, you're a brave girl!  :-*
"Boredom is always counterrevolutionary. Always." (Guy Debord)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 04:07:24 am »
Well done Emma.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.