Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:27:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37639
  • Latest: Glassxj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773168
  • Total Topics: 66331
  • Online Today: 291
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 284
Total: 285

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What's up with my head?  (Read 3615 times)

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
What's up with my head?
« on: March 23, 2008, 12:34:25 pm »
I'm really freaked out. I'm probably overreacting it's just really caught me by surprise.

This morning I woke up with a headache. It wasn't an AWFUL headache, just slightly there, enough to make me want to go back to sleep a couple of times, so I did. When I finally got up I went downstairs, brushed my teeth, blah blah blah, got in the shower, which of course is the best time for this to happen if I wanted to crack my head open or something [insert: sarcasm]. I was washing my hair, got some in my eye, grabbed a towel to wipe it off and all of a sudden my head hurt MASSIVELY bad, I opened my eyes but I couldn't see anything, it wasn't just blurry it was literally black, like my eyes were still closed. And it was like that for probably 30-45 seconds or so. I sat down.

Now, since I can remember I've occasionally had like *~blurry eyesight~* things going on. Like I'd be doing something and completely randomly everything would get blurry and/or black for seriously  like a second or less, and it's something that was such a non-issue that I never even really think about it, in fact I hadn't thought about it much recently until this happened just now, just because it was really really similar to that, except this lasted a LOT longer.

It went away obviously, but my head hurts really really bad now and I feel a little bit sick. I'm at my sister's house right now, I stayed overnight, and I don't want to like make a big deal or anything to her especially if it was something stupid so I just figured I'd ask here first and find out if I should be worried or not. :/

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
Re: What's up with my head?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 02:43:49 pm »
mouse-king, i think i'd feel happier if you went n got checked out by a dr, esp if you're having other symptoms and/or pain not being relieved by somehting like tylenol. Prob just a migraine orsummat equally boring, but it'd be good to get that reassurance.

(& yr sister won't mind, that is part of our job description)

kate x

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 02:51:38 pm »
mouse-king, i think i'd feel happier if you went n got checked out by a dr, esp if you're having other symptoms and/or pain not being relieved by somehting like tylenol. Prob just a migraine orsummat equally boring, but it'd be good to get that reassurance.

(& yr sister won't mind, that is part of our job description)

kate x

Probably. I think I'm just going to call my mom and get an appointment set up instead of worrying anyone else though. I live in a family of *drama queens* and it's Easter so I don't want to cause anyone any stress.

It IS probably something silly like that it's just never happened to me before so I don't even know what to expect.

<3

Offline 27years

• What I did for love I will still do it for love
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 02:53:08 pm »
I suggest you get checked, headaches can be triggerred by anything, i used to have terreble headaches and it turned out to be my sight which was the problem.  If painkillers dont work it might be worthy going for a scan.  Get well soon
Nobody dies a virgin life screws us all up

Offline redhotmuslbear

• A genuine certified freak of nature, and a hot one
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 03:17:41 pm »
Go directly to the Ermergency Room, do not pass GO, and do not miminimize these symptoms into waiting until tomorrow.

As dreadful as the potential diagnoses may sound, these could be the signs of stroke, another vascular problem, or increased intracranial pressure for a host of causes.  Delays in seking treatment risk long-term brain damage and death.

Namaste,
David
"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do." - BF Skinner
12-31-09   222wks VL  2430 CD4 690 (37%)
09-30-09   208wks VL  2050  CD4 925 (42%)
06-25-08   143wks VL  1359  CD4 668 (32%)  CD8 885
02-11-08   123wks off meds:  VL 1364 CD4 892(40%/0.99 ratio)
10-19-07   112wks off meds:   VL 292  CD4 857(37%/0.85 ratio)

One copy of delta-32 for f*****d up CCR5 receptors, and an HLA B44+ allele for "CD8-mediated immunity"... beteer than winning Powerball, almost!

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 03:23:25 pm »
Mouse,

I know its easter and all but.......JESUS CHRIST!
please go get it checked out

Sharkie
(who will worry until you do)
oh..and

WWMS?  (What Would Matty Say?)

Offline scud44

• I am watching you
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 03:31:24 pm »
If you don't normally get headaches, Jase, Get it checked out as soon as possible - it could be something minor  or it could be something else.

Headaches don't just happen out of the blue for no reason

As Sharkie has noted - WWMS????

Regards
Scuddles
CD4 = 110 - 30 July 2007 - 10%
VL = 139000 - 30 July 2007
CD4 = 252 - 6th August 2007
VL = 16400 - 23rd August 2007
CD4 = 240 - 23rd August 2007
VL = 400 4th Sept 2007
CD4 = 96 - 4th Sept 2007
CD4 = 120 18th Sept 2007
VL = 386000 19th Nov 2007
CD4 = 160 19th Nov 2007
CD4 = 110 10th Jan 2008
CD4 = 311 29th Jan 2008
VL = <50 29th Jan 2008
CD4 = 148 2nd April 2008
VL = 110,000 2nd April 2008
June 2010 and nothing has improved

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 04:16:24 pm »
Jaser, get to the doctor!  I will be waiting on pins and needles awaiting the outcome, sweetpea.
  Luv ya,
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline mjmel

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 06:56:44 am »
I wouldn't downplay this, Jaser............and why do you condsider it 'drama' to draw attention to yourself when something this serious is going on. Blacking out during a headache is a not casual head ache, dear. I know it scared you but obviously not enough to take immediate action on it. You should have.
My thoughts are exactly what redhotmusclbear expressed. Although, at this point, you won't rush to the emergency room--but please, please be sure to talk to your doctor TODAY. Be as explicit as you were here, at the very least.

Mike

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 11:58:04 am »
My whole life I was always the kid that had the flu on Christmas or had to go to the ER on New Year's or something so I just didn't want to eff up everyone's Easter.

So far it hasn't happened again, and I spoke to both my parents and my mom's making an appointment for tomorrow. I couldn't go today because I have work. But I will be going tomorrow and I'll let you all know what he says.

Edit -

Nevermind I lied. They don't want to see me until I see an eye doctor. And we're in the process of working on getting a new eye doctor right now so it's going to be forever until I get an appointment with them. What the FUCK?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 12:03:06 pm by Mouse »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 12:49:22 pm »
Geeze, Jaser.  I"m so sorry.  I hope the eye doc. appointment can some how be rushed a little so you don't have to continually suffer and worry about this.  Hang in there baby.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 07:16:22 pm »
You know, I've been wondering how your BP is?  Is it too low?  Mine is normally low (90/60) and sometimes I have dizzy spells. Not diagnosing you, just asking, sweetie.

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 10:09:57 pm »
Actually, my blood pressure is pretty low quite often.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 10:44:13 pm »
Mine runs low all the time.  I also have a couple bad valves in my heart and every time the doc tries a new heart med, it really bottoms out my BP.  It has even caused me to pass out before.  Like I said, I'm not diagnosing this; just saying you might want to see if that's the problem, if nothing else comes up of course.

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 12:33:52 am »
Sounds like maybe a blood sugar type thingy? Just a thought...good luck at the Dr's
Positive since 1985

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.