Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:04:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 273
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 172
Total: 174

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Worried as hell  (Read 10319 times)

Offline scaredsoul01

Worried as hell
« on: September 13, 2009, 12:03:33 am »
Please advise

45 days back i had sex with CSW, it was protected, i saw the condom was intact when i removed
but i took the condom and cleaned the vaginal fluids and penis with the same tissue, i cleaned the head also same time, i am worried that if i am infected myself by rubbing the fluids, how long does the virus stay active outside the body?

from 2nd week i had symptoms, lymph nodes swollen and diarreah once
even now i have headache and my jaw is tight

my doctor thinks it might be due to anxiety

i had PCR done at 2 weeks and it was -ve
i had elisa done at 4 weeks and it was -ve,

my worry is if the CSW used lambskin condom i am not protected? i dont know if she used latex or lambskin, if its lambskin can i get infected with one exposure?

thanks everybody

Offline RapidRod

Re: Worried as hell
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 12:11:30 am »
A CSW would not use a natural condom, they know to use latex.. You were never at risk and whatever is going on with you symptom wise has nothing to do with HIV.

Offline scaredsoul01

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 12:13:33 am »
thanks rapidrod but can you tell me how long does the virus stay active outside the body
i had rubbed the vaginal fluids, can the virus stay alive?

can i get headache due to anxiety also?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 12:16:05 am »
HIV is not transmitted outside its host.

Offline scaredsoul01

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 12:19:48 am »
thanks a lot do you advise further testing?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 12:23:33 am »
No. You were never at risk.

Offline scaredsoul01

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 12:27:56 am »
Thanks a lot for your replies

between 2-3 weeks after exposure i had lympnodes under jaw and armpits
can i get those due to anxiety?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 12:33:46 am »
See your doctor if you are concerned it has nothing to do with HIV and quit poking and prodding them or you cause them to swell and be sore.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 08:19:32 am »
Lymph nodes may swell for all sorts of reasons. They are very sensitive to the touch so as Rod has told you, keep your hands off of them or you may create a real problem. Discuss the situation with your doctor.

What we can say is they have nothing to do with HIV in this case since you didn't do anything that put you at risk for HIV transmission.
Andy Velez

Offline scaredsoul01

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 06:24:07 pm »
Last Question Andy
For last couple of days i feel my temple hurts and my upper jaw is very tight causing headache
I thought ARS comes and leaves in 1-2 weeks
i am at 7th week can i get ARS now?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 07:24:36 pm »
Read read the replies that you have received. YOU DID NOT HAVE A RISK...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 08:02:43 pm »
It would be very unusual for someone to get ARS at 7 weeks. And it would be beyond unusual for you since you didn't have a risk for HIV transmission.

You should be discussing your symptoms with your doctor. They have nothing to do with HIV. We can't say anymore about them because we can't diagnose anything in this setting.

All we can tell you with certainty is that based on what you have reported it has nothing to do with HIV. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline scaredsoul01

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 08:28:24 pm »
thanks guys, i hope you are right
my headache is freaking me out

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 08:40:35 pm »
Take a TYLENOL for your headache. It has nothing to do with HIV.

Offline scaredsoul01

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 08:48:23 pm »
Rod, i am getting it everyday, i am not sure if my anxiety is causing it
i am taking zoloft for my anxiety even then my headache is killing me

thanks for all your advises

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 10:29:58 pm »
Discuss your headache with your doctor.

A headache is also NOT an HIV-specific symptom.

Andy Velez

Offline scaredsoul01

Ann/Andy/Rapidrod
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 03:29:05 pm »
have you ever seen anyone get infected with condom if it didnt fail or break?

Thanks

Offline RapidRod

Re: Ann/Andy/Rapidrod
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 03:29:55 pm »
Read the posting guidelines and return to your original thread.

Offline scaredsoul01

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2009, 03:54:25 pm »
Andy/Rapidrod/Ann

Have you ever seen anyone get infected with condom if it didnt fail or break?

Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009, 04:27:09 pm »
We're really not interested in becoming engaged with is kind of abstract question that comes out of your unwarranted fears. You didn't do anything which put you at risk.

If you have symptoms that are bothering you then you need to discuss them with your doctor.

If you can't let go of your fear then get tested if you must for your peace of mind and collect the inevitable negative result.

I've merged your latest thread with your previous. Please follow our rule and keep all of your entries in this same thread.
Andy Velez

Offline scaredsoul01

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2009, 04:41:44 pm »
thank you sir wont do it again

i have tested at 4 weeks and it was -ve

waiting to get tested at 13 weeks since everybody says 13 weeks is when you can get conclusive result

Offline scaredsoul01

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2009, 04:43:07 pm »
Last question Andy

if the seroconversion usually happens at 22 days after exposure

why wouldnt anybody's 4th week test catch it

Thanks again

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2009, 04:43:55 pm »
Yes, 13 weeks for a conclusive result when there is a risk. I say again that you did not have a risk, but go ahead and test if you must for your peace of mind.
Andy Velez

Offline scaredsoul01

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2009, 08:44:50 am »
Last and Final Question for reassurance

Andy/Rapidrod/Ann

Even if i used the same towel/napkin to clean the vaginal fluids and immediately cleaned the uthera
i wont be infected right?

I have recollected all the things i did that night over and over
i remember after 5 mts i cleaned myself with the same napkin, I am worried can that be a reason

Thanks for all your advises

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2009, 08:47:10 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2009, 09:04:59 am »
Scared,

You've been told repeatedly that nothing you did or had done to you was a risk for hiv infection.

Hiv can only be transmitted in very specific circumstances, and wipiing yourself with a napkin that has vaginal fluids on it is definitely NOT one of them. Sexually speaking, hiv is transmitted through UNPROTECTED anal or vaginal intercourse, when the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies. It is NOT transmitted from objects in the environment. Hiv is a very fragile virus and once hiv finds itself outside the human body, small changes in temperature, pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect. 

If we thought you had a risk, we'd tell you. You did NOT have a risk and it's time you got on with your life.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER THE INCIDENT YOU BRING TO US,  anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the posting guideline Rodney showed you. Please consider yourself warned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline scaredsoul01

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2009, 09:27:25 am »
Thanks Ann for your detailed reply

I am relieved and wont be asking the same question again

its been 45 days of hell

Thanks a lot guys, you help lot of people of like me

Offline scaredsoul01

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2009, 09:26:05 pm »
why do one see so many symptoms even if they are at no risk
most of them say due to anxiety
but do get lymp nodes also?

i am at 46 days and my whole head hurts, jaws and temple and my under arm feels irritated

i know i have been told that protected sex no risk
but if these symptoms are not hiv i am not sure

thanks a lot guys for your help

may god save me and help me to get through this hell

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2009, 10:10:05 pm »
You were WARNED....

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2009, 08:22:18 am »
See your doctor about your symptoms. They have nothing to do with HIV.

I'm going to give you that 28 day Time Out which Ann warned you about. Don't make the mistake of trying to get around it by creating a new name because that would get you permanently banned from this site.

HIV is not your problem because you had no risk. Period. Get on with your life. 
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.