Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:20:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37639
  • Latest: Glassxj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773168
  • Total Topics: 66331
  • Online Today: 230
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 229
Total: 229

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Very Scared. . . Kinky sex got out of hand  (Read 8412 times)

Offline frightenedsafeguy

Very Scared. . . Kinky sex got out of hand
« on: June 27, 2006, 11:38:58 am »
I don't really know what information I'm looking for here--I think I just want to share this story because I have no one I can tell it to.  I'm very upset and scared.

As a gay man, I have always been extremely careful sexually.  I have had a limited number of sex partner (under ten) and have been extremely safe with all of them.  I have enjoyed getting into 'bondage' type sex with them, and it's been a lot of fun.

I met a guy online and went to a bar to meet him firsthand.  He was experienced as a dominant in the bondage scene, and he seemed intelligent and I got a good vibe from him.  On another occasion, I met him at his house.  In several emails, I had told him that my one major limit was no bareback sex.  I had emphasized safe sex in at least six emails, and he was agreeable to that.

During the encounter, he inserted his penis into my anus and thrusted maybe seven or eight times.  I said, "Of course you have a condom on, right?" I had heard the sound of tearing before he entered me, and since everything regarding safe sex had been agreed upon beforehand, I was simply checking for my own peace of mind.  I have always been the submissive, receiving partner and have never had anyone NOT use a condom.

He immediately pulled out and said, "No, I'll put one on right now."  I was very freaked out.  He assured me he was disease free and he certainly hadn't come yet.  I, of course, left the encounter, shaking and naseous.  I couldn't believe that my trust had been so violated.

Now I'm very worrried I have hiv.  Can someone very knowledgeable please help me?  Is a few (under ten) anal thrusts likely to transmit hiv?  I know it's possible, of course, but should I be this worried?  I couldn't sleep last night and have considered going to the hospital for the PEP treatment--but maybe that's extreme.  I feel raped.  I feel stupid.  I feel like I don't ever want to have sex again.  And I feel very, very scared. 

Offline RapidRod

Re: Very Scared. . . Kinky sex got out of hand
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 11:51:37 am »
First of all read the "Welcome" post at the top of the page. You don't have to have ejaculation to get infected. The only way to know your status is to be tested at the proper time. That will be 13 weeks past your last exposure. It's always good when you are sexually active to be tested annually.

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 11:55:02 am »
Yeah, I know there's a possibility, and I've read the Welcome stuff.  What about the PEP treatment though?  Is that something I should seek out?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 12:00:22 pm »
PEP must be started within 72 hours. Most health care providers will not give out PEP medication unless it is confirmed that the other person is truely HIV+. It is totally up to you if you want to seek out PEP.

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 12:03:47 pm »
It's been about ten hours since the encounter, so I'm definitely still in the window for PEP.  I've been researching its pros and cons.  I'm just so scared it's hard to think logically and make decisions the way I usually do. 

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 12:21:39 pm »
I appreciate RapidRod's "Stick to the facts" approach, but if anyone wants to post some chattier remarks, I'm all for it.  I'm a suit and tie guy in real life, and I don't have anybody I can talk about a bad bondage encounter to--lol.  I feel very isolated and alone right now--so if anyone has some time to post, I'd appreciate it.

I've delivered Meals On Wheels in the past and even volunteered at an AIDS hospice before.  But I always assumed because I was so careful that I wouldn't be in this position.  Obviously, I assumed wrong.

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 03:27:12 pm »
PEP is a personal decision.  Its a severe regimen akin to chemotherapy and not at all pleasant.
You must wait 13 weeks POST PEP to test for HIV conclusively.

Does it work?  Yes.  100% no, I believe its around 60% success rate.

Its a personal decision.  Did you have a legitimate HIV risk?  Yes unfortunately you did.  Are your results lowered because of no ejaculation?  Considerably.  Herein lies the decision you must make.  Your health is your protection but in your case, you didn't ask for this...and its pretty clear this isn't a close friend of yours.  In my humble opinion you must ask yourself the tough questions of how you'll feel over the next 13 weeks with PEP and how you'll feel if you elect not to take PEP .

Perhaps you might have a discussion with the man in question, he shouldn't be flippant since you requested a condom and he breached your trust.

Just be aware, PEP is tough...you MUST 100% committ to the PEP and not back out when it gets ugly and it will get ugly.  DO not waste valuable drugs that you are NOT prepared to follow through with.

My suggestion is to go talk to a Dr...NOW.  That might help you with the decision...and I really recommend you talk to someone anyway.

Sae.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 03:32:13 pm by Sae »
Meh.

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 08:47:38 pm »
I started a PEP program today.  Luckily, I live in a big city with a large gay population and I was able to find (through some amazing internet resources) a doctor who was able to see me.  He deals almost exclusively with hiv patients, and he put me on a regimen of drugs.  He said he would be very surprised if I have any real problems with them, which allayed my concerns about the risks of them.  He also said my risk factor for the encounter was minimal, but he felt that if I wanted to be proactive, that was a smart thing to do.  I feel light years better now and I suggest anyone who has had an unsafe experience find a doctor in your area who specializes in hiv issues.  I am very pleased that I followed through with this.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 09:06:54 pm »
Well, given what you have described I would say the odds are very much in your favor that you will test negative.

From now on when you have intercourse, if you're the receiving partner make sure you see the guy put the latex on.

Also, remember that as far as getting tested in relation to this incident, you have to wait 13 weeks from the time you finish the PEP regimen to get a reliable result.

Good luck and stay busy during the waiting time. It will help to make it pass more quickly than you may imagine possible right now.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 09:26:15 pm »
Thanks Andy, the doctor reassured me in much the same way.  I think I will test negative as well, and it's nice to do something pro-active about the situation, rather than waiting around for 13 weeks.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.