Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:25:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 590
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 566
Total: 567

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: HIV and disclosure: My Dilemma. Advice?  (Read 2565 times)

Offline Herschel

HIV and disclosure: My Dilemma. Advice?
« on: May 25, 2017, 12:01:46 am »
Hi guys.   I need some serious advice.  I was diagnosed with HIV a little over 4 years ago, and I thought at the time I had it all under control.  I met a wonderful man through a mutual friend who just happened to be his ex of 10 years who also happened to be positive.   Needless to say, I made assumptions that this man that I lived with for a year was positive as neither one of us had the discussion. The subject came up one evening and he informed me of his negative status.  I was dumbfounded.  I finally told him of my status and almost landed myself in jail.  After that experience I decided to come publicly with my status.  And, since then I have been pretty straight forward when it comes to dating or just sex. 
Fast forward a few years to the present and my new found dilemma.  I just moved to a relatively small , very conservative town in West Texas, where apparently everyone knows everyone.  I've always been into working out and the gym is a daily part of my life.   Recently I had an encounter, and thus why I'm freaking.
I go into the sauna, and there is this one other gentlemen. I had seen him before but only in passing. We are sitting in the sauna and he begins stroking.  I'm trying to be low key but he is very well endowed and I became very aroused.  And, being well endowed myself, it became very noticeable.   He asked me what I was into.  I was like, what?   Still trying to play it off.  He said, your cock, what is it into?   One thing led to another, and the next thing I know he is blowing me to completion.   We exchanged brief words in parting, he said I'll see you around, and he said my name.  I asked him, how do you know my name, and he replied that it had come up in conversation and he had been hoping to get me alone. 
I asked who it was, since I've only met a few other guys in the gym, and only in talking, except one.    He said he couldn't remember.   Today, while talking with one of these guys, his name came up.  I asked about him. Apparently he is married, and a prominent attorney here in town.  I'm like damn.   In the heat of the moment, I let this guy blow me without revealing my status.   Who happens to be married and an attorney.   
One of the guys in this gym as I've mentioned happens to be a regular buddy, and he knows my status.  However, he has been out of town and I don't think he would say anything, , but I find myself kind of freaking. 
Has anyone else been in this situation?  And, am I over reacting?   I'm not sure. 

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
Re: HIV and disclosure: My Dilemma. Advice?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 06:32:39 am »
I suppose the thing in your favour is that this guy is married so he is less likely to throw a fit about a perceived risk whilst he was sucking some guy off at the gym, is he?
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 03:04:11 am »
Deed is done so personally I would think, don't say nothing to him.
If he does find out than firstly he would have to be a  real bastard to get upset about it and as married guy he's not likely to say or do anything as it would hurt him.

..... If you want a legal answer ask a lawyer... no not him.

Plan better ahead next time perhaps

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline TheNormalLife

• Rules have changed; giving up is never an option
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 01:25:10 am »
Could not find anything newer than 2015 about pre-sex mandatory HIV disclosure in Texas... You guys for sure will know better.

I wouldn't say a thing; let's say that one day he gets tested and is positive... he might have a clue about who infected him and I say "might" because you don't know if you were his only extramarital "affair".

I don't think he is gonna do anything; he has a lot to lose, family, status and others.

Ray.
09/14 Conversion
12/14 Diagnosed
12/14 CD4-6; VL-4245 (wrong CD4 test)
01/15 CD4-530 (pheeew)
01/15 CD4-755
03/15 CD4-545; VL-14401
04/15 CD4-623; VL-4531
04/15 Truvada/Efavirenz
07/15 CD4-595; VL-UD
08/15 CD4-763; VL-UD
11/15 CD4-581; VL-UD
03/16 CD4-523; VL-UD
07/16 CD4-655; VL-UD
09/16 CD4-820; VL-UD
03/17 CD4-544; VL-UD
03/17 CD4-669; VL-UD

Offline CallMeSid

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 01:19:57 pm »
@Herschel:

(a)  Cool story, bro!  But you forgot to open it with "Dear Penthouse..."
(b)  Assuming that there's a shred of truth to what you wrote, you need to make different choices or learn to cope with the consequences.

@TheNormalLife:

Uh, from your post, it sounds like you think the cocksucking, swallowing attorney may have gotten infected from this sauna encounter?  Really..?
07/2006 HIV-negative
06/2007 HIV-positive
07/2007 CD4: 795 (40%), VL: <50
09/2007 CD4: 629 (43%), VL: 895  (~2 weeks after measles/mumps/rubella booster)
12/2007 CD4: 854 (45%), VL: <50
03/2008 CD4: 880 (45%), VL: 151
12/2008 CD4: 943 (46%), VL: 116
05/2009 CD4: 865 (44%)  VL: 107

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.