HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Possible exposure

(1/1)

Taa263:
Hello. A little longer than a week ago i(m) had a brief encounter with a sw. I received protected oral and vaginal intercourse. During the brief intercourse the sw rode me until i nearly came(she was trying to get it over with). I pushed her off me trying to not come so quick and having a bit of precum/cum in the condom already at the tip. I didnít really finish so i went in again with her riding me with the same condom on, i never took it off. A few seconds later i came again and this time while pulling my penis out there was no cum at the end of the condom. The sw laughed at me wondering where the cum we seen early went. I donít think the condom broke but i did take the condom off immediately and wiped my penis and entire genital area with cleaning wipes more than once. After i left i did place additional sanitizer in that region as well as well as showered when i got home an hour later. I understand i did not use protection properly by using the same condom twice. The condom came out fully intact from what i remember although iím not sure but i think semen may have dispersed out the base of the condom. I am worried of a potential hiv exposure. I have been worried sick with crippling anxiety everyday. Ever since the next day after the encounter iíve felt sick and stressed out thinking of the worst. Iíve had a off and on soare throat different times of the day for the last week, a tense neck, ear pain, and lymph node pain in my neck.. Iíve also been having pain in my prostate which feels inflammatory but comes and goes. I am looking forward to getting tested soon. What are my odds with a possible transmission and what are good times to get conclusive testing? Is it possible for semen to disperse out of the bottom of the condom during sex? How soon can one get symptoms after transmission?

Jim Allen:
Hiya.

Nothing you mentioned is HIV-specific, see your doctor and treat whatever is making you sick.

Receiving oral sex isn't an HIV risk to you, and the condom didn't break during the intercourse. The pre-fluids just settled. Move on with your life, continue using condoms for intercourse, and test out of standard routine yearly for HIV & STIs.

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently, with no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of protection against HIV

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as safe in terms of acquiring HIV still pose a risk for other easier acquired STIs. So please do get tested at least yearly for STIs, including but not limited to HIV, and more frequently if condomless intercourse occurs.

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms, and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will removed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version