Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:33:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 611
Total: 613

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Medical Report, Update.  (Read 5338 times)

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
Medical Report, Update.
« on: July 20, 2006, 11:31:25 am »
Hi Guys,

OK, Monday I went to the doctor, and the AZT is definitely working!  My vl is now down to 2100, (was almost 3000 and climbing in May)  and my CD4s are at a record breaking 692.  Wow......

Now, as I sit here and nurse my stomach, I wonder if I will be able to go on with this particular pill.  I gave the doctor a commitment to three months of the AZT, to see if my body can cope with it any better than it did in 1996.  So far, I am having less days with nausea than I did in June, but the days, like today, that I do have the nausea, it is so debilitating that it just rakes my raw ass, rots my socks, or whatever saying you want to inject there.  Thanks to Jon/Pos82, he has been counseling me on some of the more natural things I can do to help, and they have been helping a load.  I have filled the house with Ginger treats of all kinds.  Pickled ginger, like with Sushi, dark chocolate ginger drops, crystalized ginger, raw ginger, ginger ale, ginger beer, and just about any kind of ginger product on the market now graces my pantry.  It really helps alot, and keeps the nausea to a minimal degree. 

Anyway guys, the doctor ordered a Genotype test, and also scheduled me for a Surgical consult, to remove my last Candiloma, or HPV wart.  Yes, it should actually have it's own name, as it looks more like a deformed tail than an actual growth.  Little by little, I think this will all pass, but I just have to come to some peace about living with the discomfort for another month or so.  He also has told me that there are a few drugs that he would like to try, but for the most part, they are predominantly PIs, and so would not be useful if my virus is mutating into one that needs more nuke intervention.  I wish I was as well versed on the meds as our fine Tim Horn, but alas, my calling is not pharmacy, but more social issues.  I so totally do not understand mutations, but for us to really know how to deal with the virus, I guess it is super important to hit it with exactly the right medications.  I have had a doctor in the past that just threw everything at the virus, regardless of mutation, and that was really bad as the virus just kept on growing and pushing me closer to the precipice.  It has taken six years to reverse those actions, but it really taught me an important lesson about the knowledge and ability of your doctor. 

Just wanted to let you all know that the body is turning around, in spite of the discomfort of the meds.  I guess in the end, that is really something to write home about.

In Love and thanks for such a special group of people.  ;)
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Dachshund

Re: Medical Report, Update.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 11:47:52 am »
Well professor...you have the Ginger now all you need is the MaryAnn. Sounds like you are feeling a bit chipper, and that makes me feel a bit more chipper, and soon all of AIDSmeds, and then the world will be feeling chipper...and it's  all because of you!

Love,
Hal :-*

Offline Teresa

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 12:19:18 pm »
Moffie,

So glad that you are feeling better! I think about you often and you are in my prayers.

Big Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 01:47:19 pm »
Tim, Me and Giligan are thiniking of you!!  Your a fighter!  I am not sure Ginger does anything for me, but, I could swing both ways if I have to!

Love

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 02:03:25 pm »
Thanks Guyssssssssss!

I really hate these kinds of threads, but I guess it is important because you guys do obviously care, and for that I am truly thankful.

I really never connected the "Ginger" thing, but obviously you guys helped me to see it, (thanks Eric) and you made me laugh out loud, which we all know is the bestest medicine.

Thanks for your care and support.

Now back to moving the dresser.

In Love and appreciation.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 02:33:24 pm »
Its just the idea of taking Ginger, just leaves a bad taste in my mouth... ;D

Stay Well!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 03:07:11 pm by Eric »

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 04:12:31 pm »
Tim,
Well, what can I say except your news is definitely a turn for the better. LOVE those numbers!  :D

Now, as for Ginger, well, I like ginger beer, candy, pickled ginger, etc., but I'm afraid Tina Louise doesn't ring any chimes for me.

Of course, neither did Bob Denver, so, its probably a good thing I'm not stranded on an island with them.

HOWEVER, I have it on good authority that Eric looks great in Ginger's dress, the one that said "SS Minnow" down the side.

HUGS (and glad you are doing better)

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Quarter Horse

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 05:45:19 pm »
Tim,

I am glad that things are getting a little better, my thoughts are with you. Hey, I am expecting you to help me build a hell of a lot of condos in the next 15 yrs!! Do you really think I can plan a whole community by myself? I can barely find my way out of a grocery store..Haha.

Love you baby,
Brian
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: IT GOES ON.

Robert Frost

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 06:39:33 pm »
DearHeart,

You are such a remarkable person, your tenacity is a wonder to BEHOLD!! Praise be to our pos82 for the recommendation on the ginger, I'm so glad it's calming down the tummy upset!!! (Cuz we do not like to hear when our Tim is uncomfortable....ever.)

Now, let's see, in that little 'pouch' you created on that scooter of yours, you'll need a little tin or something for those ginger drops to carry with you in Montreal...if you need one, I've got just the thing for you, here. Just let me know, honey!

In the meantime, don't over-do (moving a dresser?) and take real good care of yourself.

Love you lots!

Zephie :-*
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 06:41:46 pm »
Tim, I wish you best of luck with that AZT. You have so much more to do in this life.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline gerry

• Joined AM Feb 2003
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 10:51:17 pm »
Hi Tim,

Hang in there.  Do ask your doc for a copy of the genotype test results, would ya?  Perhaps we could make sense out of it if we put our minds together.  Hope the nausea eventually dissipates.

Gerry

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2006, 06:39:57 am »
Moffie, Wow those results are awesome man. Way to go! I know allot of people hate AZT...but when I took it back in the day,, I had little trouble with it. Keep up the good work!
Positive since 1985

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.