Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:23:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 341
Total: 343

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hello!everybody  (Read 7777 times)

Offline CD4_123

Hello!everybody
« on: June 06, 2006, 02:49:04 pm »
Hello!everybody in our family forum,

I am on meds for almost one year,My CD4 when started meds just count 20TCell and today I count again 123Tcell.is it normal?

Offline JohnOso

Re: Hello!everybody
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 02:54:29 pm »
Hi CD,

I figure anything going "UP" in not just normal, it's GREAT!  Glad to see you, and here's wishing you're forced to change your name as your count goes up higher and higher   ;)

Take care,
John

Offline CD4_123

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 03:00:02 pm »
Thank you very much! JohnOso, pleased to meet you in the forum,i just found this wonderful forum some hours ago.I would like to know all of you here ;D

Offline Teresa

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 03:40:00 pm »
Hi CD..
welcome to the forums. Glad to hear your numbers went up.

take care
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline purpledragonfly

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 09:45:32 pm »
Hello cd,

Nice to meet you, i found this place a few months ago. I might be new to here but not to hiv/aids. i have been poz since 1988, and am doing very well, i have my ups and downs but am still going strong. This place has been my life line since i found it. I might not respond to a lot of threads but i am here every day and read a lot of peoples remarks and threads. I am glad your cd 4 has gone up, keep doing what your dr. says and keep a positive attitude and things will improve.

Wendy

Offline cubbybear

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 10:09:49 pm »
Hey CD4, glad to see your numbers going up.  I have been on meds since september/october last year and my count went from 35 to 197 (as of April), so make sure you keep taking those meds and your numbers will continue to climb. 

Welcome to the forums.
Matt

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 01:15:23 am »
Hey CD4,

Welcome to the forums. Glad you found us.

Glad to see your numbers have improved. Keep taking those meds!

I look forward to hearing more from you.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 07:56:40 am »
Hello Cd4,

I also started off with a low t-cell count. Mine was 16 back in October of 03. As of my last blood test on 5/16/06, t-cells were at 350. I have been on meds now for close to 32 months.

As you can see, it can take a while to build up the t-cells again. Your t-cell numbers are improving.

I like to ask you, how your viral load has been throughout this past year ,since starting on treatment? Also, how about your percentages ? These numbers are very important also.

Meantime, try to be patient, we all respond differently to the medication, your doing ok !

Will be looking forward to hearing from you...

Take care of yourself------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline doyourowndamndishes

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 01:53:02 pm »
Hi CD,

Welcome to the Clan.  Looking forward to hearing more from you.  Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

Alan
"All that we are is theresult of what we have thought." -Buddha

Offline Markmt

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 03:23:32 pm »
Welcome to the forum CD. Good to read your numbers rising :)

take care,

mark
"Live to love and love to live."

Leo Buscaglia

Offline muffle

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 02:32:10 am »
hey yo, good you like it here, and am Pamela from UK!

Offline CD4_123

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 07:08:46 pm »
Thanks All

Dear J.R.E.

My doctor said my Cd4 raised from 20Tcell to 123Tcell but not Cd4%,in my country at present we can not count for viral load(we have no machine)and also for treatment we lack off doctor of HIV.

I just joined a group of PLHAs in my place two days ago and almost of friends there,very good and friendly,for this time i am not lonely any more.i would say that i am lucky to know this forum.I am trying to read and undrestanding the imformation of treatment from this forum to tell our friends in our group of PLHAs now.thank you all.

Best

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 07:26:18 pm »
Hello Cd,

You had a very nice junp in your CD-4's. As far as the percentages, mine were at 3 percent back in August of 2003. The percentages were very sluggish on going up. They are now at 11%, as of 5/16/06, So, as you can see, it does take some time for some of us.

It's great that you have joined PLHAs. This will be good for you, to get to meet people , and share your thoughts, and ideas.!! It's great that you have found this site. Keep posting !!

Take care/ Stay healthy------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline carousel

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 06:05:35 am »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 12:59:11 pm by carousel »

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2006, 12:48:10 pm »
Hey CD4.........Welcome to the forum.  I think you'll find plenty of information and
support here.  I'm with John...anything that goes up is great.  (No pun intended) :o
Good luck buddy.......I'm looking forward to reading your post. :-*
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.