Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:41:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 217
Total: 218

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies thread #41 No matter where you go, there you are!  (Read 49861 times)

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Ladies thread #41 No matter where you go, there you are!
« on: July 29, 2008, 10:36:53 am »
History for the last several threads.

Part 40 http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=22087.msg281868#msg281868
Part 39 http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=21925.msg280027#msg280027
Part 38 http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=21803.msg278402#msg278402
Part 37 http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=21631.msg276506#msg276506
Part 36 http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=21381.msg273819#msg273819
Part 35 http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=21101.msg270532#msg270532

I said Ladies thread in the subject line because the first time I came onto AIDSmeds I almost didn't post in here thinking "I'm not looking for no date" But I got lucky and figured out that the dating thread was just us gals talking. Ya'll can change it back to say dating thread if you want. I just thought it might be a good idea to say ladies thread for future posters.

Tendai - Last time I tried to make bread without a bread machine I made a rock that looked like a loaf of bread. LOL
Last time I ate vegetarian was at a Buddhist temple me and Billy visited for his world religion class. I think that was last year, maybe a couple of years ago, cant recall. But it was nasty. I do remember that.

Andrea - You have made me want to make BBQ chicken in the crockpot. Sounds delish.
I bought chicken this morning and some veggies and salad stuff. I think I will make a stir fry and a salad.
BBQ chicky can be tommorrow or the next day.

Hope you all have a marvy day!

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
Re: Ladies thread #41 No matter where you go, there you are!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 06:30:12 pm »
Wendy, I just read your post in the other thread.  I had to laugh because Mini was "outted" by her brother, too - and in Wal-mart no less!  She was just a bitty baby and he was probably 3 1/2 - 4yrs old.  We were waiting in line to check-out and a lady sneezed (or coughed) in front of us.  Our oldest told the lady something along the lines that she needed to be careful because his sister has HIV and the lady could make her sick.  He was LOUD!  I checked out and all but ran to the car, half expecting the natives to be in hot persuit with pitch forks and torches. :P  Yeah, this is the same kid who, in the same Wal-mart, announced that a watermelon seed came out his butt!

Betty, I don't recommend that you cook boneless / skinless chicken in the crockpot that way.  If you do, you have to really drown the chicken in sauce and watch it close or they could dry out and burn.  With the skin, it would take a lot to ruin it.  I'm glad you were able to get all of your classes.  Does this mean that I need to plan a trip to Indiana for a graduation next May?

Tendai, wow, what can I say, hun?  I am so sorry that you and your countrymen have to go through all the junk.  I am glad that you are well and have a good job.  That's got to help, even if just a little.  Did the guys come through with the meat for you?  I sure hope so.

James Patterson has written a book to introduce a new detective.  I've not read "Double Cross" yet, but I assume that the charactor decides to retire.  I am half finished with my JD Robb book, then I'll read the new Patterson.  I read the back cover and was hooked when I read that the new charactor is the father of 10 kids - that's MY kind of man ;D

Hubby stepped on Mini's glasses this morning and when we took them to be straightened out, they broke.  Of course they didn't have her lenses in, so we have to wait for them to come in.  The lady said they should have them ready by the end of the week.  I sure hope so - Mini's already complaining about a headache. 

We took the Honda in to get fixed.  Good news is that it only cost $130.  The bad news is that it'll take another $1396 to get it running "prime".  I'm not proud, so having a sub-prime car that runs is fine with me.  There's no way we can afford to fork out that kind of money.

Other than that, not much has happened.  It's hot today and only getting hotter, so outdoor activities (except for hanging the laundry) for me are off until cooler weather prevails.

Here's to everyone having a great evening!
Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline vivyt

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 06:30:57 pm »
Hello all! Well we had a "shaky" day today. At about a quarter to 12 we had a pretty earthquake. It has been awhile since we've had one so I guess we were due. I live about 10 miles from the epicenter. I was at the computer class and everyone instantly got under their desk. We are all so trained... :) I HATE earthquakes. I have been through so many and they still scare me. Once the shaking stopped they evacuated us and then we went to lunch and came back. Only in California does life go on...LOL! They did let us out an hour early though.

Betty-Way to go w/the smoking! The chicken was really easy. I poured a little of the BBQ sauce on the bottom and then put the chicken thighs in. They had were bone in and had the skin. I don't remember how many I had. I then poured the remaining sauce over the chicken and then put it on low and Voila! I started it around 7:00am and did not get home until about 4:30
Tendai- Don't feel bad. Bread is not easy to make.
Wendy- I like the "Ladies Thread" The "dating" title was kind of a misnomer since most of us are not dating. I SHOULD be...LOL

Talk to you all soon!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 08:57:05 pm »
Evening ladies,

Wendy, I like the title of the thread (the "ladies" part).  That's a good idea.  Oh, btw, not all vegetarian food is bad.  I think it depends on who's cooking it.

Mum, yes, as long as they have the classes I need, next May you can plan on coming to Indianer.  Sorry about Mini's glasses.  At least she'll get them back by the end of the week.  It's hot here also.  It was 89 today and it's supposed to get into the 90's.  Saturday NA is having a Unity Picnic and I have to be one of the servers and it's supposed to be 93 that day.  Ugh is all I can say.

Andrea, an earthquake?!  Wow.  I would literally freak if we had a big one.  We've had a couple small ones, but not all the time like you guys get.  I don't know how you get used to it.

Today was an alright day.  Things went well at the Hope.  I talked to a few of the residents, finally got a name badge, and a guy came in needing a place to stay.  Unfortunately, I had to tell him we're all full; but he did come in at lunchtime and the Hope opens its doors to anyone who wants to come in and get a meal.  So, I told him about it so he could get something to eat.  They (the Hope) do that for three meals a day, 365 days a year.  And we get a lot of street people eating there.  I'm so glad that they can get something in their bellies. 

Other than that, nothing else noteable happened.  I'm going to bed shortly, after I check out a few more threads.  I hope you ladies all have a good night.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 09:46:23 pm »
Mum - Watermellon seed butt sounds like my kind of kid LOL Sorry to hear about Mini's glasses and the car.

Andrea - I've never been in an earthquake. Glad you came out of it ok. Plenty of tornadoes, flash floods and even one hurricane but no quakes.

Betty - Oh I know. I've had decent meatless meat before. But that temple had the most tasteless blah food I've ever tried to be polite and eat. It had absolutely no seasoning. I definitely prefer to eat things with faces. LOL Just not the face itself.

The temperature was better today than yesterday here with a high of 101 rather than 104. Plus we had a few clouds. I ran around with Billy today and helped him with some work. By the time we got home I was getting cranky because I was so exhausted. I went to bed and slept for an hour or so until my son woke me up ringing the door bell.
I cant remember if I told ya'll or not but his SS death benefits where cut. I thought he would continue to get SS as long as he was enrolled in school but apparently they made some rule change where it stops after grade 12. So he had to quit college and has been looking for a job. The wording on those forms SS sends you doesn't say till grade 12 it says primary or secondary school up until age 22. I wish we had known earlier we could have better prepared for his not having an income. But oh well. whats done is done.
He has been showing himself to be fairly responsible since he got in trouble last. I hope it continues.
My family has been giving me grief for babying him too much and not allowing him to take charge of his own life. I've talked to him and let him know I'll do what I can to help him and set up things so he can take care of himself and be an adult.
While deep inside I cringe thinking he will screw up and I hate to see him homeless or spend whats left of his money badly or get in any more trouble. I just gotta let it go and see what happens I suppose.
He is almost 19 he should be able to take care of himself without his mom reminding him when to pay rent, how much his rent is, controlling his money, making sure he keeps appointments and things like that.

This part of parenting has really sucked for me. LOL I guess I am a bit of a control freak when it comes to my kid.

What was that first step Betty?

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 09:45:59 am »
Good Morning Ladies,

Wow, I can't believe i'm the first to post this morning. I have been up since 5 a.m. I have been at work since 6. I am so sleepy. I didn't get to bed until 12 a.m. I am now feeling the effects of the lack of sleep.

Betty - I had to get a new laptop. A lot of my homework was saved on the laptop so my DH had to hook the laptop up to a monitor for me to see what was on there. Do you plan on going back for your Master's degree when you finish up your Bachelor's. I am thinking about going back and Mastering in Special Education, Pshcology with a concentration in Mental health or Drug Abuse Health. I haven't decieded yet.

Andrea -  A earthquake, I have never ever in my life been in a earthquake. I think I would have just fell out. I am so scary when it comes to things like that. I am glad that you enjoyed your chicken. I think I want some now when coleslaw on the side.

I was wondering Ladies, the only doctor I have been going to lately is my ASO. I haven't been sick or anything so, do I need a regular doctor and GYN. It's almost time for my PAP and I don't want to go to the office I have been going to because I know the receptionist there real well. I am sure they have worked with women with HIV. But it still seems like I am the only one. I want to stay on my birthcontrol because I am not yet ready for another child and I don't want my tubes tied. My GYN is the one who usually prescribe my BC. and winter will be coming soon, so do I go to my regular doctor. Do I tell him my status if I am going in for things like the cold or the flu?????

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 10:16:31 am »
Morning ladies,

Wendy, the first step is admitting you are powerless and your life has become unmanageable.  But you probably already knew that.  I know how you feel about your child; it's your child and you don't want to see anything bad happen to him. I feel the same about my daughter.  But, I also learned to let go and let her make her own mistakes. Of course, she's 24.  She's been on her own for quite awhile.  And she lives 1/2 way across the country from where I am.  It would be much harder if she lived in the same town.  I didn't know SS had changed the rules either.  How ridiculous.  I hope your son finds a job soon.

Keeping, I tell any doctor I go to about my HIV status.  In case something happens, they'll be aware of that.  I think it's only fair also that all the doctors are kept in the loop.  Now, do you have a GYN?  Or are you thinking about getting one?  I don't have a GYN-I see one doctor for everything.  He specializes in HIV besides taking care of general things.  I don't think many doctors do that.  If you want a GYN, then have one.  Nothing wrong with that.   I haven't decided if I want to go on and get my master's or not.  I certainly am not going to right away if I do.  I'm going to need a break for awhile.  I'd also like to work in some type of social work field.  I really think I'm getting too old to try to get a master's, but then again, my brother was 46 when he got his 2nd master's.  So who knows.  You're young enough to keep on going-and you should go for it!

I've got about 15 minutes before I have to leave for the Hope.  Nothing earth-shattering happening here.  Just another day.  Tomorrow I get my Depo shot, my therapist comes over and I'm going to try to get to the HIV support group.  They're supposed to have chocolate cake and I can't pass that up.   I'm going to quickly check out a few more threads.  You ladies have a good morning.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 11:18:09 am »
Keeping - the clinic I use is an all in one place. Its an HIV clinic so they know my status. If I had multiple docs I'd be sure to tell them all my status because persons with HIV don't always have the same issues as the average person plus I think they should know.

Betty -  ;D

I'm feeling a little run down this morning so I am going to try and take it easy today. I'm so excited its sprinkling out side LMAO It sounds stupid to say but when it has been in the low 100's outside with little wind and all the sudden its 81 degrees and we have a nice breeze its tantalising.

This is perfect weather for me.  ;)

Offline 100proofBrandy

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 03:15:22 pm »
well I got my hair done I went Little different this time I did a red with high lights its funny it takes me days before I like my hair ever time I have ever done it:) while I was reading today trying to catch up wasn't able to get on yesterday I was at the doctor with my oldest  she's been swimming to much she got swimmers ear so we got her in to the doctor got the meds and today she is finally sleeping good :) you can tell when a teenage girl really isn't feeling well ( she doesn't notice the cute boy's as we pass them :). . .) anyways back to what I started I got an email from my hospital which is also where I mentor newly diagnosed women. about a great opportunity to serve on the client advisory Board for the ID department. they meet once a month to advise the stuff on issues most important to clients. the goal to make the clinic more user friendly for clients of all backgrounds. I would have to miss at least one class a month to go but what better way to make a difference. I feel so honored that I was asked to serve on this board. I have never really felt I could do much. then I went back to school psychology major specializing in hiv/aids mental health. I started educating others about this disease I finally realized if I can help one person not get this disease or help one person not feel so alone then my life has done something GREAT ( it wasn't until 3 years ago I even met another poz woman don't get me wrong I love my gay poz friends its just not the same as seeing that there are woman out just like me )  it gives me a reason for this disease in my life. each person is different some have God and whatever higher power that they need mine has always been Nature( I am native American Indian so it kind of fits) it got me through recovery and 5 years later I'm still clean I believe that there is a reason for everything. I plan on making a difference one person one step at a time :)
The person you educate today maybe the one you save tomorrow :)

Offline vivyt

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 07:40:27 pm »
Good Afternoon Everyone!

Keeping- I have a GYN. I just went a couple of weeks ago to get on the pill again and she wanted to schedule my PAP. I told her about my status and she said that is important that I get checked regularly because women with HIV are more susceptible to things. I never really thought about it but I guess it is true. I think she mentioned something about having abnormal PAPs...I guess it's just one more thing. When I told her about my status she asked, "How did that happen?" I kind of laughed...it is always how everyone reacts. You would think that in this day and age people wouldn't be surprised. Now I do want to say that she did not mean it in a bad way it's just, as I have mentioned before, never fell into a high risk category...

Betty- Still hanging in there with the no smoking? I think of you every day. Are you going to continue to volunteer when school starts?

Wendy- I am sorry you have to feel so torn. I can't imagine what it must feel like.

Brandy- I had that swimmers ear many times when I was a child. It can be painful.

Not much is going on here. Another day of computer class and my bootie is getting sick of all the sitting...Next week I have totally off and then that's it for the rest of the school year...

Talk to you all soon!

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 08:11:20 pm »
Hey Girlz-
How is everyone doing?
Win- I like the thread title.  I can totally understand about your son, I am probably going to be the same way.  How have you been feeling?

Betty- Awesome job on the no smoking!!  I am really happy for you!  I am glad you are all set for you classes and enjoying volunteering.

Mum- LOL!!Too funny, you definately have to write those down.  I haven't been on in so long and I can't remember if I told you guys this, but I took the trip  lets with me when I went to the lady I volunteer for house.  It was her first time meeting them, so she asked everyone there names.  My youngest says his name and then adds and " and My daddy is black"  It was so out of the blue, it was really funny.  I am glad you got your kids room done.  I am still working on the second room I started.  We have had a ton of rain here lately and the garage got flooded and water came in some of the windows so I have been dealing with a lot of other crap on top of every things else that has been going on.  I got the ceiling all scraped I just have to wash it and the walls down and paint.

Queen- I hope you are liking your new apartment.

Viv- Wow, that would have scared the crap out of me.  I am glad you are OK.

Keeping- Sorry to hear about your laptop.  I would make an appt with the gyn and ask them a ton of questions and if you feel like they can give you proper care, stick with them OR ask them for someone who can.  You don't have to say anything to the receptionist, UNLESS that is the person who fills out paperwork /labs then definately try to find someplace else you would feel comfortable.  You can always call around and ask and not give out any information until you feel you have found someone knowledgeable.

Welcome to the new ladies!

Ten-That is a funny bread story.  If I ever made bread I could probably save it forever to use as a weapon.

I will try to check in more often.  Hope everyone is having a nice summer!

Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 08:31:08 pm »
How have you been feeling?

I had a couple of good days then yesterday I was nauseated towards the evening and today I've spent most of the day laying around and napping feeling run down achy with no energy. I'm sure it will be that way for a while. I'll have my good days then I'll have my bad days.
I'm still as goofy as ever. It just takes more effort to be stupid.  ;D

If I ever made bread I could probably save it forever to use as a weapon.
LMAO

Offline minismom

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 11:42:29 pm »
Snow, it is SO good to hear from you!  Ug! water everywhere - like you needed 1 more thing added to your plate.  Did it do any damage to the walls or floors?  Make sure to bleach down everything so you don't get mold.  Kids and thier honesty..LOL..you gotta love it.  Our 1st "foster" child (very long story) and I were in the grocery store one afternoon and she asked me if it was Halloween.  It was the middle of summer, so I told her that October was still a few months away.  She looked at me very seriously and said, "then how come that woman looks like a witch?"  I turned around, not expecting the "witch" to be 6 inches from my face.  :o  We never went back to that store.  Some days, you just need duct tape.

A whole lot of not much happened today.  I got more laundry done, the rest of the yard mowed, the boys' door sanded and painted, and the bathroom cleaned.  Ok, so I'm being a wee bit liberal with the pronoun "I".  All I did was the laundry and the bathroom.  The other stuff, I was more in a supporting role :P.  Oh, I now have no door into my bedroom so Hubby is cut-off until he gets the new one put up.  I find in times like this, a little incentive tends to help move things on a bit.

YAAAAAWN!  Wow, I just noticed the time.  No wonder I'm so tired.  I'll talk to you ladies later.  Sweet dreams!

Mum

www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline NothingButSunshine

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 01:17:00 am »
Hey ladies. I'll forewarn you all that I'm in a foul mood so please bear with my venting....First of all this shingles stuff is ridiculously painful (I have pain meds but I can't take them really unless I have time to devote toward a nap) and although I've got acyclovir for it it's not going away fast enough. I also can't and haven't been completely able to get rid of this staph infection I've had for god knows how long. I get antibiotics for it it goes away and it comes back, and its just been a never ending cycle for about a year. I've got a stupid yeast infection from the antibiotics I'm sure, and I'm so stressed about my next GYN appt. I had moderate dysplasia, which I had surgery for, and they got all the abnormalities. I have to go get a colposcopy this time at the GYN to make sure everythings on the up and up. It's just so hard to think positive when I have all these other random infections...I'm starting to wonder if my HIV meds are working.....I mean I saw the doc in June and my CD4 was 4 thirty something and my VL was undetectable so... who knows.... I want to be better, I know 90% of my foul mood is coz I don't feel good. Ugh. Anyway thanks for listening ladies. I guess we'll see what happens.

On a lighter note, the new house is great I just wish I felt better so I can get it feeling more like a home. I did manage to get the living area pretty cozy though. My kitties are enjoying themselves thoroughly. It's really nice knowing that hard work has paid off and I can finally afford to rent a house.

Mum- Too funny about the watermelon seed/butt story. *Chuckling*

Vivyt- I'm glad you're okay from your shaky day. I've experienced an earthquake once in my life...it was minor, but it sure felt weird. I'm sure big ones are scary though.

Wini- As you know I'm 24, around your son's age and I don't know what I would have done if my father hadn't babied me and helped me out along the way. He's definitely shaped me into a more responsible person, and he still does help me out occasionally. I never really got the parents who just threw their kids into the world without a stitch of help. It's a ravenous out here, and if kids are doing what they're supposed to be doing or TRYING at least then why not help them out a little, if you are able, of course. Then you have kids like my brother... who take and take and take and man did my dad give and give and give, but my brother refused to take the opportunities given to him to help him take off into a better life and finally it was running my dad into the ground so much so that he HAD to say "enough is enough", and I saw how it broke my dads heart to do it...but my brother had to learn one way or the other. I'm not a parent, but I sure have a lot of respect for those who are based on what I've seen my dad go through with me and my brother as well as stories I've heard from other parents...its gotta be a tough job taking care of yourself and your kids..wow...

Faith-  I would always tell any doctor about my HIV status just so they know, and so they are able to appropriately care for me and my specific needs based on my medical history. I have been to some docs that have given me "looks" upon me revealing to them my status, but...screw em'.

Betty- I want some chocolate cake... did you get to eat some?

Brandy- Its always nice to get your hair done.. it just makes you feel good. :D Hope your daughters ear is getting better.

Snow- Have we met? I think we have... I can't remember, but hello again. My memory is stinky :P

Well ladies... you all have wonderful evenings. LoL you are prolly all in bed, unfortunately I had to drag myself to work tonight, and got off not too long ago..night shifts suck especially when you're sick, but my infections aren't bringing in money so.... sleep for me! LoL. HUGS TO ALL! Talk to you all later.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 01:39:58 am by NothingButSunshine »
"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." -Confucius

tendai

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 08:09:12 am »
Good morning ladies

Sunshine - sorry u're feeling so terrible, its all a bit much.  i'm such a cry-baby i probably wouldnt go to work until it all went away. hang in there.  your numbers look good so it must be something else thats causing your staph infection to recur so much. could it be the cats? just taking a wild guess, i just read somewhere that cats could have or bring in things that cause some infections. i dont know... Anyway im glad u're liking your new home.  I cant wait for the day i can finally afford to move out of where i am and get a decent place where i dont have to cook in the bedroom :D

Brandy -  bet you look great with the new hair. i cut mine really short and its taking its sweet time to grow back.  my sister also gave up on hair and got a wig. i think its great u putting yourself out there helping people/women like that.

Mum - LOL at the witch incident, oh my gosh, that was embarrassing.. whatever will they say next?! definitely a duct tape moment.  The guys brought the meat yesterday thank goodness.  if we're careful we cant last about a couple of weeks. but yesterday i ran off home after work and there was electricity so i got busy on the stove making up for all the vegetarian days.. :P

Snow - i hope the damage to your house wasnt too too bad. LOL at your "my daddy" story. and the bread weapon

Wendy - i hope u feel better now and your son gets a job. must be awful being let down like that by the system

Andrea - we had a couple of tremors some time ago but i did not feel a thing.  it happened at night and i was mystified hearing people talking about "i think it was a bomb, i thought it was war, i thought my house was coming down, i thought it was a low flying plane" and so i asked what they were talking and when they said there was a tremor i was like "what tremor".  I was teased that the house can fall down round my ears and kill me and i wouldnt even know

Betty - u're never too old for an education,  i say go for it and best of luck. im glad u're enjoying the voluteering, feels good making a difference in someone's day doesnt it?

Keeping - i agree with the others that your doctors should know your status so they know the best treatment to give you. its your health and you should have the best treatment options especially for things like colds and flu. sorry bout the laptop hope its fixed soon

well tomorrow marks the start of YET ANOTHER currency change for us in zimbabwe.  its going to be so confusing changing from trillions and billions to dollars and cents again.  nice thing is the coins we used to use and just kept around coz we couldnt throw them away for whatever reason, we can use them again, so we going to turn over furniture and boxes and whatever hunting for the coins and we can spend them again.  its like money for nothing. now we can withdraw $2trillion which is $200 which is better then the $1 - $10billion which was the maximum withdrawal we could make a day.  its a reprieve but of course it wont last coz nothing much has been done to stop inflation increasing everyday. we're still hoping on the talks in South Africa to yield good results and put an end to this mess we're in..got to stay optimistic, we've made it this far after all.

i hope u all have a great day! :-*

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 08:31:44 am »
Hey ladies ..hope everyone is doin well....
J
Live life to the fullest...

Offline vivyt

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 08:43:45 am »
Good Morning! I feel like there is so much to cooment on so I will just say Hi and let everyone know I read them all! LOL! I hope you don't think that's bad.... ;D

Two more days of computer class...the real test is if I am going to remember how to do all this stuff during the year. We learned how to make an audio recording on the computer yesterday and all I could think about is some kid recording me as I am "scolding" a kid and then putting out there on the internet....YIKES!

Tonight the teachers are getting together at another teacher's house for a little get together. There are I think 24 of us at our school. Not everyone is coming but it will be nice.

That's about all....Have a good day!!! :) :)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 09:54:55 am »
Morning ladies,

Wendy, I really hope you're feeling better.  I can relate to getting excited to rain and weather in the 80's.  It's getting in the 90's here and really humid.  A little reprieve is always nice.

Brandy, I think it's great that you're helping women.  I have Native American friends and they all believe in the Great Spirit (different tribes have different names).  Do you also, or are you just strictly with nature (your Mother)?  One of my Native friends I met in NA used to do healing ceremonies on me and actually had a medicine man from the UP in Michigan come down and take a spirit out of me.   I'd like to do something to my hair.  Well, actually I did about a week ago.  I cut it real short and I really don't like it.  Oh well, I did it to myself.

Andrea, I'm still not smoking.  I bet you're glad this is the last day of the computer class.  Have fun at that get-together.

Snow, cute story about what your youngest said ("my daddy's black").  Sorry about all that rainwater flooding.  Mum's right about scrubbing everything down with bleach.  You definitely don't want mold.  How's everything else going?  We miss you around here.

Mum, I hope hubby gets the bedroom door put up soon.  It's hard having the meat around without being able to taste it. ;)

Sunshine, geez.  You're dealing with a lot.  I don't know why you would be getting reoccuring staph infections.  Is it MRSA?  Has your doctor explained why you're constantly getting them?  I sure would want an explanation and a good treatment.  I guess with shingles you just have to have patience.  I'm sorry you have so much on your plate.  I am glad you like your new home though (and I'm glad your kitties like it).  I'll be thinking about you and sending get well wishes your way.

Tendai, I can't say I really understand your currency system there.  It sounds like a big hassle.  I sure hope South Africa comes through for you.  You're right, you've made it this far.  Just hang in there.

Wish, nice to hear from you.  What's going on?

OK, I think I responded to everyone.  I'm going in a few minutes to get my Depo shot.  Then my therapist will be here shortly thereafter.  And tonight is the HIV support group.  So, tonight is the chocolate cake, Sunshine.  I'm still not smoking, still exercising and eating like crazy.  I tell myself it will even out, but I wish it would happen now.  I crave sweets and salt.  It's not a period thing; it's a quit smoking thing.  I think I gained back all of the 10 lbs I lost about a month and 1/2 ago.  I was going to try the Southbeach Diet, but I decided against that.  I like my fruit too much (you can't have fruit for the first two weeks).  There are a lot of things you can't have the first two weeks and I don't think I could do it.  But, I am going to make an appointment with the diabetes educator and talk to her about portion control and how I can lose weight safely (I'm a very brittle diabetic).  Other than that, nothing else going on.  I hope you ladies all have a good morning and I'll be back later.

Offline mahalia

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 11:02:48 am »
Wow, it really has been a while since i was last here. I hope all is well with everybody, its goin to be such a hassle goin thru all the posts after so long but i just hope all you beautiful women r gud. I hope that aint mean lol(not goin thru all the posts)

Andrea; some of us in this part of the world do  not experience such...must be scary!

Nothingbutsunshine; m reli sorry to hear bout what you are goin thru. Will keep u in ma prayers Dnt lose heart hey, u shud be able to get better, jst hang in thr. sending thru lots n lots of hugs for u. so u 24? i'll be 25 thsi sept.

Ladies a question 4u; u ever release some pee like fluid when u just close to orgasm but u definetly know its not pee? i think its female ejaculation but some pple do not believe in that. Well it happens to me and i don't reali have a problem with it, m a veri passionate woman and i just let go whn making love. But ma man has a problem with it. He thinks its not healthy and i should be seeking medical help bout it. this past weekend i was at his house and we only shagged once. when we were getting ready to go drop me at home on sunday i asked him if he wanted to make love and he said no. so i was tring to figure out what the problem was until i asked him if this is the reason he hasn't so keen on sex of late and he  said yes. so...i've booked to see a gynae 2mrw morning i hope it goes well....

well, to every woman here i just want to tell u that u r beautiful, smart, sexy, so full of wisdom and r strong no matter what u r goin thru...be sure to hang in there and not let anyone look down on u or bring down.

lots of love 

Offline Paulette

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 11:15:22 am »
Good Morning Ladies!!!
I sure hope everyone is doing great. I've been away for a couple of months. Things got a little rough; still adjusting to losing my husband back in Feb08,2008. but getting use to being by myself.  Health wise I'm great, couldn't be better, well all except for lump in right breast. getting it biopsy today at 3:30. so I'll  let you know. I'm sure it's nothing, but better safe than sorry. Right?  Any ways I've tried to catch up on everyones post, but  it's hard. I'll keep trying :).  My oldest daughter graduated and started school for EMT.  The other kids are good.  Over the past few months I've thought about you Ladies and hoped and pray that all is good with each one of you. Got to get ready for Dr.Appointment but will write more later.
Paulette
I have HIV; it doesn't me;)

Offline wishful

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 11:57:40 am »
Mahalia: I have done that...as a matter of fact i used to miss my orgasm bcus of..i used to think that it WAS pee and so i would hold back but it isnt...I held back for along time...actually until i was about 26 i didnt have a complete one so to speak bcus of that...till the fucker that infected me told me what it was and to let go....but it doesnt happen every time....WHy does he have a problem with that...most men i would think find it arousing??..what does he say he dislikes about it?

Nothing really goin on Betty...i was depressed for a while but i had said that b4 i stop posting but noone said anything...so i just stayed to myself for a bit n worked it out in my head...
whats up with you.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 12:13:05 pm »
Mahalia, good to hear from you.  I don't think I've ever done that ("female ejaculation?").  Maybe I have and just didn't notice. 

Paulette, I've had a lump biopsied before and it was nothing.  Hopefully that's what yours is also.

Wish, some of us said "hi" to you from time to time.  I've just been volunteering at a local homeless shelter two days a week.  I registered for classes that start Sept. 2nd.  Going to an HIV support group tonight.  I went last week and it was me and three gay guys; of course, I don't mind that.  But I wish another HIV+ woman would go.  Saturday NA has what we call a Unity Picnic; it's to try to bring the black and white people in the program together.  I'm going to help serve the food.  Should be interesting.  It's supposed to be 93 that day.    Anyway, I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with depression.  You know we're here for ya.  And if you ever want to pm me, just go ahead.  Take care of yourself.

My therapist will be here in a few minutes, so I'll be back later.

Offline 100proofBrandy

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2008, 03:56:51 pm »
Ladies a question 4u; u ever release some pee like fluid when u just close to orgasm but u definetly know its not pee? i think its female ejaculation but some pple do not believe in that. Well it happens to me and i don't reali have a problem with it, m a veri passionate woman and i just let go whn making love. But ma man has a problem with it. He thinks its not healthy and i should be seeking medical help bout it. this past weekend i was at his house and we only shagged once. when we were getting ready to go drop me at home on sunday i asked him if he wanted to make love and he said no. so i was tring to figure out what the problem was until i asked him if this is the reason he hasn't so keen on sex of late and he  said yes. so...i've booked to see a gynae 2mrw morning i hope it goes well....
I am not sure how to answer this question although I do have an answer. I freaked out the first I did  (ejaculated) however: my boyfriend thought it was really cool he was jazzed about the whole thing :) it just a natural part of being a healthy woman theres nothing wrong with it and not every woman does it those of us who do just have more fluid released then some.  I am so sorry your man has a problem with it honey and  I dont believe there is anything a doctor can do.I hope you'll Always be that PASSIONATE dont hold back honey!
I hope everyone is having a great day I seem to get on here later then you all :(   

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 03:59:16 pm »
Sunshine - The proper meds for persons with HIV and shingles is 1 gm Valacyclovir 3 times a day for 7 days.
Valacyclovir has a longer duration of action than acyclovir, and, therefore, can be taken fewer times each day. I don't know if acyclovir is as effective.
I hate being yeasty and the itchy stinkiness that comes with it. Just in case you don't know about it. Ask your doc for fluconazole it will clear that crap out of there. I've never had a staph infection or at least I don't think I have, so I cant suggest anything about that. That's gotta suck.
I have had dysplasia and experienced the joy of having docs snip little bits off of you and scrub your cervix with wire brushes until they decide to cut half the thing off. Lovely huh? Fortunately since I had the leep done they haven't had to cut anything else off. Its all good downstairs.
I don't know how the hell you work with shingles. I sure couldn't.

Betty -  it is back to oven hot outside. the thermometer by the pool says 105. The news man says 95 with a heat index of 104. I went back to bed after work this morning and slept for a few hours. I feel ok now, just tired.

Mahalia - Perfectly normal lots of women do that, and it can look like pee but it doesn't smell of pee. Your man just needs to get educated. It can be messy thats for sure.
I couldn't offer any real scientific description. Just my own experience so I found the following information online.

Understand that for men and women alike, orgasm and ejaculation are separate -- though often related -- events. When a man reaches orgasm, he will often -- but not always -- ejaculate right afterwards. But things are a bit different for women, likely in part because (we can only theorize, never having seen the original blueprints for the design of the human sexual anatomy) female ejaculation isn't part of human reproduction like male ejaculation is.

Not all women ejaculate, and those who do rarely ejaculate with every orgasm. Too, it's pretty common for women who do ejaculate to do so either before orgasm -- sometimes well before -- after orgasm, or only with or around one orgasm before another. For those women who do ejaculate, when they do, it's understood to come through the urethra (where we also urinate from, just like male ejaculate comes through their urethra) and/or the paraurethral ducts, and most researchers at this time think that fluid comes from the Skene's gland, which is inside the vagina. But again, women orgasm all the time without ejaculating, even women who do and can ejaculate, which not all women do. There are plenty of women having plenty of orgasms but never ejaculating, or not noticeably so.

In case that isn't clear, what orgasm is isn't a sexual fluid excretion. That's what ejaculation is. Orgasm is, instead, a nervous system event, which many people often reach -- and experience genital, as well as whole-body sensation from -- through various kinds of genital sex. But some people can reach orgasm sometimes without any genital stimulus at all!

Paulette - Good to see you. Good luck with the biopsy.

Wishful - Glad your feeling better. Keep your head up.

Offline minismom

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2008, 04:32:18 pm »
You know, Wendy, I was really OK without having a bedroom door, until i read your blue text  :P  Now, I may have to go steal one from another room - maybe the bathroom..LOL!  (just kidding)

We were well on our way to get groceries and a new door, when #2 turned a pretty shade of green.  We turned around and dropped him, Hubby, and the other kids, except Mini, back home.  Mini and I went on to the grocery store, but didn't get the door - which is pre-hung :o.  Hubby has clients tomorrow, and will pick up the door afterwards.  I'm not feeling so hot, either.  My poor sinuses are killing me, my head is all stuffy, and my nose won't quit running.  The meds are also kicking my butt and I could fall asleep right now.

Paulette - good to hear from you again!  Come around more often - you are missed.

Tendai - I'm not sure how you manage to keep sanity.  Kudoes to you, hun and blessings to your country.

Jamie - how have you been?

Betty - what can I say...LOL..most months I'm a vegitarian. 

Still nothing happening here.  I'm tired and need to start dinner in about half an hour.  It's hot as heck, and humid, but there's a nice breeze blowing.  The kids have been outside, which means I'm also going to have to get them bathed.  What I really want to do is go to sleep - for a week or so.

Be well, the weekend is almost here.

Mum :-*
www.watoto.com

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008, 05:48:23 pm »
LOL Mum, about the door

I think the vast majority of us have had female ejaculation with out even knowing it. You know when you are just sitting there and all the sudden are very very moist?
Ok, so maybe you where watching a comedy program or a romantic movie or that hot guy you've been looking at sat down next to you. I think you get the notion...
But for some ladies when they have an orgasm there is an explosion of moisture. It can look like you are peeing.
Unfortunately most women are not educated about their bodies. I know no one sat down and told me about my parts and what to expect. Most of what I've learned is from experience and looking for the information myself.
No one told me as I aged my body would do things like grow a big black hair out of my boob, face or other places where I never grew hair. No one told me women can ejaculate. No one told me 50 to 75 percent of women who have orgasms need clitoral stimulation and are unable to have an orgasm through intercourse alone. Ten to 15 percent of American women have never experienced an orgasm and only 35 percent of the female population will orgasm during intercourse.

I didn't pull all that info out of my head. My memory isn't that good but I did know there was a significant number of women out there who never have an orgasm. I don't think I had one until I was in my late 20's.
And I've never had one just from intercourse.

I may not like the shape my body is in compared to before I had children but I sure as hell know it a lot better.  ;)

Offline wishful

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2008, 11:29:29 pm »
Hey ladies...im up late cant sleep...

Betty: i know some peeps say hi..but sometimes its just too much goin on in here to really type out all my feelings..sometimes others feelings or problems are deeper so i just chillax..i was goin thru it with yungin..my mouth again...but everything is good now..i didnt realize i couldbe so hurtful to people...i never intend to well at least not to him...

oooh a bar b que huh...i havent been to one yet this summer...im glad the volunteer work iskeeping ya busy...

Thanks Wini..Its up now..lol

Mum: im ok ..thanks for asking busy lady,,lol
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 11:31:01 pm by wishful »

Offline netta

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2008, 01:19:48 am »
ladies, just checking in, been lazy, oh boy! i have to go back and read all the threads, i have missed a lot going on! forgive me. this past weekend was nice, stayed with the grands the whole weekend again.I got invited out to dinner with a friend, she is disabled and I took her grocery shoppingwith my raggety car lol. We went to a shogun type jap resturant and she insisted I eat what she was eating ,so notto be rude i did. the menu was seafood which i love , but we had filet mignon, which i have never eaten,boy oh boy! I don't usually eat beef anymore and it really messed my stomach up.Betty I understand now about the digestion problems.
Tendai, I am sorry you are having it so hard, but just think about mad cow and this post when u start missing meat!
Welcome BRANDY! SUNshine- I hope U get better soon.
Mum- the door thing is funny!
Wishful- I pm u.
Betty_ u have ben a busy bee! glad u are feeling ok.
Snow,Drag,Mahalia,Queen,Vivt,_ shout out to everyone else also.
Paulette - Nice to meet you and my condolenses on your late husband, Glad you are back.
my personal view, I have RARELY had an orgasm with a man during sex with out clitoral stimulation! I have had some eath shaterring orgasms ! didn't have my first till I was 21!!!thats why I am ok being alone. I have a goodie bag by the bed as they say on "sex and the city" OH and ladies I do have WET Dreams! What more can a girl ask for??? lol JUst kidding nothing like some" real "BEEF" hey ya'll "wheres the beef" remember that ol saying???
LUV YA All

oh I know ur saying"what the fuck am i doing up this time of morning"!!???? lol blame it on the full trottle energy drink I drank at 11;am. I am about pooped now so going to bed.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 02:32:17 am by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline minismom

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2008, 05:34:32 am »
Yes, it's early.  I've been up for hours and I feel like crap.  My head and nose are stuffy, I can't breathe,my eyes itch, and i have a headache.  My kidneys are killing me, which means I've probably got the flu.  I'm tired of blowing my nose, coughing, sneezing, itching and hurting.  I'm a horrible patient!  As soon as Hubby wakes up, I'm going back to bed.

Hope you're all having a better day than I am.
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2008, 07:05:34 am »
Morning ladies,

Mum, I sure hope you feel better soon.  We can't have you sick.  Do you have a fever?  Please take care of yourself.

Wendy, I had no idea about sex either until it happened to me. I remember the first time I had sex I was wondering what people thought was so great about it.  It wasn't until a bit later I found out how great it was.

Jamie, don't think your problems are less than other people's.  They're yours and that makes them important.  We're always here for each other.

Netta, yeah.  If you don't eat beef for awhile, when you do, you suffer.  The same thing with pork.  I'm not exactly sure why.  I'm glad you had the chance to go out though.  It's important for us to get out.

About sex.......like I was telling Wendy, the first time I had it, it was extremely painful.  Then I went through a long rape experience (by long, I mean it lasted awhile) and well, I don't really need to go into it.  I met my 1st husband when I was 16 (he was 21).  I started enjoying sex a bit more with him.  Then when I was 17, I went wild.  I split up with Oscar (1st hubby, but we weren't married at that time), stripped in one of the local dives, hooked, and did some private porno.  I ran across some experienced people, and I finally had orgasms.  I can't have an orgasm without clit stimulation either.  I don't remember having ejaculation, but of course, in my very distant past, I was fucked up most of the time I had sex, so who knows.  The fact that it does exist doesn't surprise me-men do it, why not women?  There's a very good lube called "Viva cream."  Maybe you ladies know about it.  It heats up and adds a little stimulation. 

Today I'm paying bills and going grocery shopping.  I might go to an NA meeting tonight, not sure yet.  I went to the HIV support group last night.  It was one of the member's birthday, so we had cupcakes and he got to take home a cake.  I met a new person who only lives like 3 blocks from me.  And we all exchanged phone numbers.  It was a good group.    Nothing else going on, right now anyway.  Have a good one ladies.

Offline 100proofBrandy

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2008, 07:15:11 am »
so today Im up early :( actually I havent really been asleep and I have to work a morning shift( I uaually work the night shift) to make up hours I missed this week from me not feeling well then my daughter getting swimmers ear and our trip to the doctor so I just thought I would pop in :) and say Hello and good  morning

Offline 100proofBrandy

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2008, 07:16:39 am »
you know we dont have a womans hiv support group here in Oklahoma maybe I need to start one

Offline mahalia

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2008, 07:24:50 am »
hello ladies, just an update; went to see the gynae in the morning- well tells me I'm perfectly normal and i should be dumping ma man!hahaha! i just wish he could have been there, becoz he is the one who is mostly concerned bout it, im not...anyway thank u ladies for the input, glad to know its not only happening to me.

mum- the weekend is here, u'll get all the sleep u want, lol and hope u get beta. aww, please do get better. i always do home concoctions, honey, ginger, lemon...lots of sleep, if u have an eucalyptus tree nearby, boil the leaves and steam yourself with the water and get undercover. it works wonders

wish- i don't know what he dislikes bout it. me and him have a lot of talking to do...i know for one m not going to hold back during sex...of course it does not happen everytime, just as u dont get to orgasm everytime...

paulette- sorry bout your dear husband, hope in time u'l learn to live with having lost him and appreciate more the time u got to spend with him. i hope ur biopsy went well.

netta- u get wet dreams, hahaha! thats a 1st...lol

betty- u have a good day paying bills and shopping...

to everyone; a big up to u

tendai

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2008, 07:58:25 am »
Good morning ladies. Thank God its Friday! :D

mahalia - sad to say, i've never experienced what u do u lucky thing. your man needs some education about that..maybe he can then catch up with u ;)

paulette - hie, nice to hear from you again!

jamie - im glad u're feeling better now. hows your man?

mum - get well soon, sounds like u're going thru a tough time.

netta - wet dreams!! :o  wow

brandy - starting a support group for women sounds like a great idea.  if there was one here i'd definitely go, but people here dont usually like the support group thing

betty - even we dont understand our own currency these days.  its going to take some getting used to. i wonder what the reserve bank governor will think of next when figures get out of control again.

cant wait for the weekend to begin. not that i have anything much planned. just hanging with my family. my boss might be going away AGAIN for about 2 weeks.  oh i love it.  what to do with all that free time! at least now with the new money i may be able to actually enjoy myself this time, fingers crossed.
so theres this guy i had a fling with years ago when i was still crazy and he wants to get together again. just to hook up nothing serious. im so not interested coz to be frank, he really sucks in bed, really really really really sucks. i wouldnt go there again even if he paid me. problem he just wont take no for an answer, i've been nice, been rude he doesnt get it. what annoys me is that i havent been with a guy for soooo long and heres this guy who wants me and i dont want him. i just cant, even to scratch an itch. bugger....its kinda like being hungry but u only want cake, not plain bread ::)

Offline NothingButSunshine

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2008, 11:11:57 am »
Good Morning Ladies. Definitely a better morning than yesterday...I went to the charity hospital to get my free health care card renewed for like the fourth time and it's always the same crap...they always come up with some other paperwork they need to see like social security card etc.... they can never tell me in just one visit, "Look this is all the stuff you need, bring it back" instead they do it one thing at a time, and I am SO frustrated b/c I waste tons of gas going there and it's like clear across town.

Really Ladies, should it be this hard to take care of one's health, aren't we all entitled to our health? Not only do they run me around back and forth, but they also treat/talk to me like crap. It's like these people already have in their heads that b/c it's a charity/poverty stricken hospital that everyone who goes there must automatically be "junkie/prostitute" pieces of shit. I heard one of the nurses talking crap about a patient saying that "His druggie ass, just wanted painkillers and he was quite the actor" and this and that. How unprofessional.... and not everyone who goes there are the "pieces of crap" that these staff members have made everyone who goes there out to be. Even if they are "druggie/prostitutes" what fucking business is it of yours if they actually need help? You work in a hospital! Your job is to help sick and injured people etc. Not to discriminate. I swear people can be such pigs sometimes....

Needless to say I've been busy, busy so I decided to take it easy today, so that I don't spontaneously combust....I originally went to the charity hospital for the shingles, and yesterday my HIV doc contacted me saying he'd heard from the charity hospital about my shingles stuff, and that he wanted me to come in so that he could give me a general check-up ( I <3 my HIV doc) anyway I went there yesterday and apparently he concluded that the  ER doctor gave me the wrong milligrams of the acyclovir, so he wrote me the correct prescription (No wonder the rash hasn't gone away as quickly as I expected) I seriously wish I had insurance (thank god I can see the HIV doctor and get my HIV meds for free)

I went to buy my kitties some treats earlier this morning because my littlest kitty decided he was going to get on top of the fridge to swipe, tear into, and eat the whole bag of treats. He's so spoiled, LoL. I was supposed to work today, but a guy I work with called to ask if I'd work for him Sunday night, and I told him if he'd work for me today I would, b/c I could really use the rest. So I think my rear-end is going to sit where it is for the biggest part of the day.

Tendai- Thanks for your concern about my infections, sweetie. I am very happy in the new home, but more grateful than anything...I know all about not having space, having to wash clothes in the bath-tub, etc. I wont forget where I came from. It just takes time to get there... especially when life's daily crap pretty much rapes you of all your money. You will get there, though. :)

Betty- *HUGS*, thanks for the get well wishes. I really don't think I have MRSA, I'm not sure though I should probably have them test it, although if it were MRSA wouldn't I be very sick by now? Like I said, I don't know...but I always get the weird infections, damnit. :P

Mahalia- *HUGS* Thanks for the prayers they ALWAYS help :) What day in Sep. is your b-day? My husband's b-day is Sep. 18th...you both are virgo babies...sweet and sensitive. Im going to tell you happy birthday now, just because. :)

Paulette and Wishful- Don't think we've met, hello. :)

Wini- I literally have been DRAGGING myself to work, and while I'm there I usually just sit in the office, and only come out when the servers require my manager duties...it sucks, but gotta get that money, ya know? LoL, and it's ALWAYS great when they go and snip out pieces of your cervix, in my case upside down ice cream cone pieces... :P I actually got some fluconazole from the doctor yesterday so bye bye yeast infection soon probably. I'm going to have to ask the doctor about the Valacyclovir, if its better than acyclovir, then I totally want it. Thanks for the info, love.

Netta- Hey girl! :) Hows things been going?

Brandy-Where in OK are you? I was born in Ada,OK.

Well...I'll talk to you lovely ladies later! *HUGGGS* ;D

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." -Confucius

Offline 100proofBrandy

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2008, 01:35:21 pm »
oklahoma city I was born here but raised in california been back here for 4 years been back in school for 3 of them

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2008, 08:17:21 pm »
There's a very good lube called "Viva cream."  Maybe you ladies know about it.  It heats up and adds a little stimulation. 

Ohhhhh no no no no no LOL

If the bottle says it has a warming sensation or heats up or tingling. It burns the holy fuck out of me LMAO

The first and last time I used any "special" lube I jumped straight out of bed and into the shower screaming about my pussy being on fire. LOL You might as well put a blow torch up there.  ;D

Funny now, not so funny then.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2008, 09:09:37 pm »
LOL!!! Maybe we should call this "The Sex Thread" Well I have only been with Mr. Wonderful off and on for 13 years and I have NEVER had one...of course he has his, multiple times,...Listening to you all I know there must be hope.

Well I finished my last computer class...YAY! Next week I am going to get my classroom ready. The school year is so close...Nothing else really to add...

Win-I laughed at that description. I would be afraid to put anything warming down there...

Brandy-What part of California did you live in? I live in southern CA...Orange County to be exact

Sunshine-I am glad you got the correct medicine. I am sorry you have to go through all that at the hospital. It is too bad medical insurance is not available to everyone.

Tendai-Wait for the cake...don't settle for just bread....wait a minute...did that advice just come from me??? I should listen to myself. LOL!

Mahalia-That's funny what you doctor told you! I'm glad everything is ok

Betty-Is that the cake you made? I want to make the peach cobbler I made Tuesday again because it just didn't turn out good. I think I will make it tomorrow. What classes are you taking at school this year?

Hi Netta!  :) :) You definitely do fun things. That is good! Haven't heard from you in a while so it was nice to see your name.

Wishful-I hate it when I can't sleep. It jacks up my whole day.

Whewwww....Ok I think I got everyone. If I missed you I am sorry...talk to you later!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2008, 09:59:38 pm »
Oh I failed to mention I had stupid labs done today. They did a pee test to check for chlamydia and just regular cholesterol and other non hiv stuff. Because it hasn't been 3 months yet since my last labs is why they aren't checking my tcells and viral load is what they said. I'd still like them to do it. Even if that means they check it every month. The drive over to the hospital for those crappy labs doesn't seem worth the cost of the gas it took to get there.  :)
I also had to give my proof of income and residence and picture ID and tax returns for 2007 to get Ryan White funding and the Parkland health care package that determines how much I have to pay for visits to the ER or any non HIV doctor visit or meds that aren't for HIV.
Kind of a pain in the ass deal that took a couple of hours of paperwork but its worth it not to get billed some crazy ass amount for seeing a doctor. Even if the place smells of piss and mold its better than nothing.
I did get to see a man who was at least 6'5 in a tiny black dress and horrible wig. He was built like a linebacker and had scars on his upper arms that made him look like a leopard. I've seen him before up there getting his labs done at the same time as me. He has some seriously crusty feet. Poor thing.

I also got a ticket today. My first in almost 20 years. I was upset but I kept my cool until I got home where I proceeded to cry my eyes out because it will cost me 225 bucks.

I spent the day with Billy after that. I went to work with him and helped him just a little bit. Poor guy has spent the day trying to cheer me up. I'm ok now but I still don't want to pay my ticket. LOL I just want it to go away.

Such a little girl...

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2008, 10:56:07 pm »
Hey Ladies, Nothing much to report today. I got paid and got broke all in one hour.  :-\  Im sitting at the house with DH and DD playing aroundon our laptops. I have a paper do Monday and I haven't even started it. I am such a procasinator (sp?) Well I hope all is well, I'm going to check on the other boards.

tendai

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2008, 05:54:43 am »
hi ladies

im at work on a saturday. waiting to get fired. my boss called me and tore me a new one about some instruments that didnt go where they were supposed to go on time. not my fault, i told him about it and he forgot and the stupid doctor who needed them didnt bother to chase it up and his office phone wasnt beng picked up when i tried to call him. whatever will be will be. maybe its time i left this job anyway, its a dead end for one thing, i'll always be the secretary and never move an inch from there. maybe its time. lousy timing, but hey, whatever will be will be. im sure i wont have that much difficulty getting a new job anyway so im not all that worried. Yet. i just hope i wont lose my temper as he accuses me unfairly. plan to just ask for my terminal benefits and walk out calmly..

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2008, 06:56:37 am »
Morning ladies,

Tendai, I say wait for the cake.  You don't have to settle for 2nd best.  I'm wishing you luck concerning your job.  I'm really sorry your boss is acting like such an ass.

Sunshine, I'm sorry about that hospital you have to go to.  The people that work there chose to work there.  They should treat every patient with dignity and respect.  No one made them moral judges over anyone.  I'm glad you got some meds for your various problems.  And I really hope you get better soon, dear.

Andrea, you were with Mr. Wonderful for 13 years and never had an orgasm?  Geeze.  I hope you stick to your plan on not seeing him anymore.   The cake that guy had for his b.d. was not a cake I made.  It was one the group facilitator bought. Good luck with the peach cobbler.  The classes I'm taking are Microeconomics, Intro to Government, Forensic Psychology and Human Sexuality.

Wendy, a ticket, aye?  I hate getting them.  I haven't gotten one in about 3 or 4 years.  They are expensive nowadays, aren't they.  I'm glad you got the paperwork done to continue your benefits.  I know what a hassle it is with the paperwork stuff.  I go through that everytime Medicaid does a re-eval. 

Keeping, nice to hear from you.

Well, my car is toast.  The gear shift was going out for about the past three months.  Yesterday it just went.  It "slides" when I try to shift it from one gear to another. It won't go into park anymore, so I have to park on a flat surface or it rolls frontwards or backwards, depending on how the slope goes.  Anyway, I won't be doing any driving anymore, at least for a long time. I don't have the money to get it fixed.  I don't really know what I'm going to do.  I don't want to drop out of school, especially with only having a year left to go.  I'm just worrying right now about everything.  You know, how I'm going to get to the store, laundermat, school etc.  I know my ASO will take me to the doctor when I need to go.  This is all so frustrating.  I suppose I shouldn't own a car if I can't afford to get it fixed when it breaks down.  I'm just stressed right now.  Forgive my ranting.

My bff is picking me up for the NA Unity Picnic today.  She's going to be selling the t-shirts that have our design on them there.  It's supposed to be 90.  It's really not something I'm looking forward to, but I suppose it's better than sitting and sulking in the apartment all day.  So, that's where I'll be today.  I hope you ladies all have a good one.

Offline minismom

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2008, 07:45:55 am »
I have survived another day.  I am feeling SO much better than I did this time yesterday, or even 6hrs ago to be honest.  Coughing is down to a minimal and my headache is gone. I slept much better last night, too, just not quite long enough. I managed to eat a little more yesterday than I did Thursday and Hubby went and got me some OJ that I've been drinking. Mini and our #6 have been having "nose issues" for the last couple of days, too.  I think there's is a combo of allergies and sinus stuff.  They aren't running fevers and it doesn't seem to slow them down.  I just give them a dose of Benedryl before bed so they aren't stuffy and can sleep.

We had some humdinger storms through the night.  I'll have to walk around later and hunt down the chairs from the porch and our garbage cans that are probably in the ditch across the street.  Our gravel driveway has run into the street, too, so we'll have to shovel it back onto our property.  Sometimes it's a real pain in the butt living on a hill. 

Tendai, I'm so sorry about the way they are treating you at work.  Is it possible to look for another job now and then just quit your current job?

Wendy, I know how you feel about the ticket.  i was on my way to see a client in another city and there was an accident on the highway.  i got in the left lane and followed cars who were crossing the median to head in the other direction and take back roads around the wreck.  Of all the cars in the line - there were at least 15 - I was the ONLY one that got stopped!  I was so pissed.  I tried to explain it to the magistrate, but he could've cared less.  I cried for a week.

Betty, have a great time at the picnic today and try to stay cool.  I feel you about your car.  There's a program here where people donate their cars to an organization that gives them to people who can't afford to buy one.  Maybe your ASO would have information if there's a program like that in your area.

Everyone have a great weeekend.

:-*Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline vivyt

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2008, 09:55:49 am »
Wendy, tickets suck! They are expensive and then it jacks up your insurance. Can you go to traffic school? How has your stomach been feeling? Any better?

Betty, the only cl assess that sound exciting are the forensics and the human sexuality. I think I took Human Sexuality when I was in college. I seem to remember it talked a lot about STD's. I am so sorry about the car. I don't know what I would do without my car. I am right there with you though...if something happened I don't know how I would be able to afford to fix it. I have a tight budget. Yeah 13 years and nothing...I just figured whatever. I think there was so much emotional baggage between he and I and I heard a lot of "sexual enjoyment" is being able to relax and go with the moment...I'm always thinking...I think once I find someone and am in a REAL relationship it will be better... :)

Mum, I am glad you are feeling better. I have been having sinus issues again this week too. I wonder if it is the time of year?

Tendai, job stress is no fun. I hope it all works out for you.

Keeping, I am the self proclaimed "Queen of Procrastination"  :D

Nothing else. I may do some laundry today. Or I may just do nothing...LOL!

Offline 100proofBrandy

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2008, 02:28:50 pm »
hello ladies
not much today sorry about the ticket win that sucks. I would of cryed too Im such a big baby any way my girls have been slackin on their chores so its clean house day if they want to go to the drive in tonight:)not that its dirty they think Im a clean freak:)lol anyways we'er going to the triple showing tonight it should be fun!!! anyway I post tomorrow on how it went the girls have never been to one so it should be a blast
love Brandy

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2008, 09:54:31 pm »
Tendai - I hope you are doing well. I wonder how much it would cost to send a care package to you.
I hear about how tough things are where you are and think about how neat it would be to send you some random American treats.

Betty - So sorry to hear your car bit the dust. Mine is a 1993 oldsmobile. Its not pretty but it gets me there. When the cop pulled me over I had to open my door because my window doesn't work LOL

Mum - you need to quit getting sick. That was pretty unfair about you being the only one ticketed.

Viv - I took defensive driving not terribly long ago to get the 10% off my insurance. I don't know if I can take it again. I haven't told my insurance guy. I used to work for him. LOL so who knows what he will say. He is also the son in law of the lady I whose brother I take care of.
Man, was that a confusing description or what?   LOL

Brandy - tell us what movies you saw. Hope you have fun.

Billy wanted to go out and do something. I'm such a home body I'm not big into going out places for entertainment. He asked if I'd go watch a movie with him. Since I got to choose I said ok even though I hate going to the theater. There is always someone there who ruins it for me.
We watched Hancock. I liked it. But sure enough there was a problem. It was a small theater so I told Billy lets go sit in the back so no one can kick my chair. About 5 minutes after that a group of people sat directly infront of us and the seat infront of me leans way back conking me on my knee. I yelped out OUCH real loud. The man was embarrassed and apologised. Not a big deal. I wasn't able to prop my legs up and had to sit upright but no biggy. My big problem was Mr and Mrs Chatty Mc Chatterson sitting two seats away from me and Billy. I hate it when people talk to the screen or talk real loud to each other during a movie.
We paid to watch and hear the movie not a couple of ding dongs talking loud and over reacting to scenes.
Anywho. I liked the movie. Now if I could just have one good theater experience. LOL

Offline minismom

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2008, 07:19:57 am »
I HAVE A DOOR!!!! ;D  AND IT LOCKS!!!! ;D  AND HUBBY STILL ISN'T GETTING LUCKY CUZ I STILL FEEL LIKE CRAP!!! >:(  But, hey, for the 1st time in 7 1/2 yrs I have a proper bedroom door.  We went and got it yesterday and Hubby quick put it up.  Ok, not quick, but it got done before dinner..LOL. 

Wendy, that's why I'd just as soon rent a movie and watch it at home on our itty bitty TV.  We do take the kids to see kiddie movies every blue moon, but we go during the week and are usually the only ones in the theatre.  Plus, in my opinion, if you take your kids to see a kiddie movie, you should expect a little bit of chatter. 

Not much going on here today.  I need to wake the kids up in a bit to get them ready for church.  Then, after, we'll go to my parents house to swim and have supper.  Tomorrow #6 has her 12th hearing test.  If they won't fit her for hearing aides, I'm asking for copies of all her tests and taking them to someone who will.  Deaf is deaf, I don't care if 1 of the 12 is inconsistent with the others.  It's not like it showed that she can suddenly hear.  I'm just so frustrated with it all.

We also got some sad news yesterday.  My brother-in-law's dad died.  It's Hubby's sister's husband's dad.  He was living with Hubby's sister and bil for about a month.  My bil went in to talk to him yesterday morning around 6am and had a good conversation.  When home health nurse came in at 7:30am, she went to check on him and he was dead.  I'm just glad that "something" told bil to go talk to him one last time.  Bil's family is from Cuba and his dad actually spent 20yrs in Castro's prison as a political prisoner - for being a preacher.  Bil's mom and siblings had to flee Cuba and ended up in Alabama, then to Miami.  His dad was only free for about 10yrs before he died.  Bil's mom died about 2yrs ago.

Alrighty, I'd better get my grumpy bears out of bed.  Here's to a wonderful Sunday!
Much love to all my sweeties,
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2008, 11:55:21 am »

Plus, in my opinion, if you take your kids to see a kiddie movie, you should expect a little bit of chatter. 

The people who where yelling at the screen and talking in outside voices to each other where adults.
LOL there was never a peep above a whisper from me when I was a kid.

Chatter with children is normal and isn't outrageous if minimal and quiet in a children's movie but I was taught to be quiet and respect the other people in the theater. If I could do it they can too.
Of course laughing at appropriate times and gasping or whatever is completely normal.
I just cant stand being around people who take my attention from the movie and on to them.
I prefer renting too. anyone kicking my chair at home is likely to get smacked. I cant really get away with that in a theater. And anyone talking too loud during a movie at home can be told to shut up.  ;D

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2008, 12:44:17 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Mum, I can tell you there's no program like that (getting a car) where I live.  I told my care coordinator at my ASO already about my car; if there was such a program, she would have told me.  The big homeless center here repairs cars that people donate to them and sells them cheap, but one has to have been a resident there to get one of those cars.  Anyway, I'm glad you got a bedroom door finally.  And I hope you get better soon.

Andrea, that's the problem being single.  There's no one to back you up.  When someone's married or has a partner, there's always a way to do things.  But, I don't want to be married or in a relationship (at least right now), so I guess I'll just have to deal with it.  Not sure how yet, but I'm not going to worry about it right now.  About sexual satisfaction...with me, I have a very active imagination and I also have no trouble telling a sex partner what turns me on and what to do etc.  But that's me. 

Wendy, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience in the theater.  The last few times I've gone I've taken my granddaughter to see movies.  And actually, the other kids are quiet; except for times like you were talking about, like when something's funny and they laugh etc.  My car is a 1994 Ford Crown Vic.  The windows work though. ;)  I've had cars where the windows haven't worked.  It's a hassle at a drive-through. 

The NA picnic was alright yesterday.  I don't think the temp got above like 83, so it wasn't bad.  I helped sell pop and water.  The food was all free.  There were two speakers; the first one was good, the 2nd one I couldn't hear because he wasn't using the microphone and I was selling the stuff a pretty good distance away.  All in all, it was uneventful.  I saw a few people I know from the ASO (three clients and two people who work there, one of them's a recovering addict). 

My brother and his girlfriend are going to New York Wednesday.  He's a poet and has been invited to read at one of the clubs there.  Anyway, he told me he'd let me borrow his car when he's gone.  So, at least I'll be able to do laundry this week.  I don't have a washer or dryer where I live, and don't know what I'm going to do the week after this, but I'm not going to worry about it right now.  Anyway, I'm glad I'll have a car for a few days.  They'll be returning from New York the following Sunday or Monday. 

I'm supposed to be going to my best friend's son's graduation party, but the person who's supposed to give me a ride hasn't called yet to tell me what time she's going to pick me up and it starts at 2:00 (it's 12:40 right now).  So, I might not be going anywhere today.  Oh well.  If I don't go anywhere, I'm going to take a long nap. :)         Other than that news, nothing else going on.  I hope you ladies all have a good day.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2008, 04:27:40 pm »
Hi GFs~

Just checking in to let you know I am here.  I was reading half of the last thread and just gave up on this one.  I know, I need to check in more often, so I will try.

They fired my best buddy from work on Friday without any good reason.  Jaws will drop Monday when everyone finds out.  Talk about walking on eggshells....

Iceman told his kids about me Friday night, my name and everything this time.  So baby steps, they seem OK with it, so I am very excited.  The youngest was afraid I was going to move in with Dad and he said not without her permission.  LOL  Let's not rush things!

Win~  So sorry to hear about the tummy troubles.  I had my GI scare in early June, turns out it was broccoli's revenge and uterine fibroids.  I wish they could do something for the pain and nausea.  What about Compazine, it worked wonders for me once when I was sick with the flu.  Also, I took a look at your link and heard your hello and goodbye.  LOL  We love the same authors!!!  I am on page 200 of Stephen King's Duma Key and its great!  I also have Lisey's Story, Bag of Bones, Hearts in Atlantis and Desperation to read.  Yes, I am behind, they are sitting on my bookshelf!

I love all of you, its just that I am ready to fall over right now, need to rest.  I'll try to check in tomorrow.

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.