Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:45:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 584
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 569
Total: 569

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Thank you for accepting me into the community.  (Read 7675 times)

Offline April21

Thank you for accepting me into the community.
« on: April 16, 2020, 03:04:58 am »
Hello all,

Thank you so much for hosting this space. I'm here because my husband tested positive in February and it has been really tough for me. We are still together and we are supporting each other, but for many reasons, we'd like to keep his status secret. This means that I don't have anyone to talk to, especially during this time of global pandemic when we have to stay inside. I appreciate you reading this! Stay safe, everyone.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Thank you for accepting me into the community.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 03:19:23 am »
Hiya,

Sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis, I know the news can be a lot to digest. How is your husband doing? Has he started treatment already?

How are you feeling?

Anyhow, feel free to post in this section whatever is on your mind, we're here to support each other, even if you just need to vent  ;)

Best, Jim

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline April21

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 04:10:48 am »
Thank you so much, Jim. He detected pretty early on, so he hasn't had any simptoms and is already on a drug called Dovato. It really is a miracle that modern medicine has stuff like that at its disposal. It's definitely been a very stressful time because I am angry about a lot of stuff and also worried about his and our future. I really hope he can stay healthy for many years. Right now I feel like I need to go out, see friends, be with family, but I'm not able to do that because of COVID. Aside from this forum, does anyone here know of a chat or online meeting place where I could get in touch with other people in the same situation?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 04:22:57 am »
Hiya,

Glad to hear that he has started treatment.

I really hope he can stay healthy for many years.

With treatment and care, he can live a long and normal life, HIV with treatment simply isn't the roadblock to life it once was.

It's definitely been a very stressful time because I am angry about a lot of stuff and also worried about his and our future.

Yeah, I can understand it's a lot to digest and comes with a lot of mixed feeling perhaps and questions, please feel free to ask any question or concerns you have here, we might not know all of the answers but we have all been through this and can share some experience.

You are not alone.

Best, Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline April21

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 06:48:37 am »
Thank you so much, Jim. It's good to know I'm not alone.

Offline harleymc

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 07:02:24 am »
Hello and welcome.

This new diagnosis time is very stressful for couple there are all sort of emotions that can be in the mix, confusion ,anger, fear and blame. It's.ok to acknowledge these but it's good to remember.is the love and care that brought you together.

The easiest part of the new reality you are facing is that your husband should live a long and healthy life.

Other good news is that if your husband can reach an undetectable viral load and maintain it that we half relations will be risk free.  In the interim keep your lines of communication open with your husband, your doctor, and with us

Hugs from Australia

Offline April21

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 08:04:09 am »
Thanks a lot. It's good to know there's hope.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.