Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:52:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 607
Total: 610

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: unsure risk  (Read 8045 times)

Offline maloli

unsure risk
« on: May 28, 2009, 06:08:43 am »
HI everyone here . I went to sauna and met up a guy .   This was my first time doing this in sauna and the room inside is so dark that i cant really see a thing anyway i blow him for some time and so do he  ,. After that he put on a condom for me as i am not very sure how he put it cause the room is very dark . But i think i can feel the condom is there  . He ask me to top him but i am pretty worry as i cant see a thing there but i did rub against his back and if i am not mistaken my penis is reaching his anus and i think is pretty close my penis  start to inside him but it was still outside his anus ....... oh i hope soo...but i am very sure not INSIDE HIM AT ALL... is just the begining i guess...  of the opening of his anus but actually i am still not very sure about it but i do feel something is like wanna go in like that may be is his tigh or something   and so i immediately stop the whole act cause i am too worry  and he left  . Ok the most important is  that i remove the condom where is still at the lover of my penis shaft and when i totaly remove it i guess ithe condom is quite hold on or still stick to my penis  , the thing i am worry is that the room is too dark i cant see or notice weather is there any break or tear on the condom or weather is ok or not and the condom i am using is a THIN TYPE of condom . Is just too confusing or a bit messy as i really cannot see it .    AFter that i straight away go shower and i notice my penis is like in a very jelly type like A LOT OF LUBRICATION ON IT so i ask myself how come if there is condom on my penis or is it that the condom break and i touches the lubricant around his anus or the very opening of his anus . Or may be he got put some lubricant on my penis before he put on the condom for me .     OHH IS JUST TOO CONFUSING THERE  .. and what about if he got any thing happening inside his mouth while he was blowing me .. I am pretty sure that my mouth is fine but who knows may be inside my mouth have a bit of cut , gum bleeding or something else where i cant notice it but i am sure is fine and he never cum inside my mouth .  PLS someone pls give some comment here i would be very glad !!!! AM I AT RISK ?????               

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: unsure risk
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 08:16:06 am »
From what you have described I don't see that you had any risk for transmission. The key thing is that when anal intercourse may have been involved a condom was being used. The ONLY confirmed risks for HIV transmission sexually are through unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. Other sexual activities such as giving oral are theoretically risky, but in the real world of HIV we know it's about unprotected intercourse.

Receiving oral is absolutely not a risk. No guy has ever been infected that way.

From what you have written I would say you need to avoid situations in which you cannot comfortably see what is going on as it may impair your ability to make appropriate safer sex decisions.

This time I don't see any cause for further concern about HIV nor any need for testing. 
Andy Velez

Offline maloli

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 12:52:15 pm »
Glad the reply Andy .. so i think i have make a right choice by stopping the act immediately because of the darknes that prompt me into worry as i am also not quite sure about the condom condition .About oral sex i do remember he deep throat me very hard is that still fine but i do glad to hear that oral sex is not an actual risk .

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 01:01:53 pm »
mal,

Getting a blowjob, deep or otherwise, is absolutely NOT a risk for hiv infection. Not one person has ever been infected through getting blown and I guarantee you won't be the first.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline maloli

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 04:43:14 am »
my fear start to roll me down again .. i just too confusing and i am getting more and more blur or worry of what had happen inside the very dark room already  ,  what if the guy never really put on the condom properly for me , ohh gosh what am i doing .........but i still can remember he is actually tearing off the condom package and trying to roll it into my penis as i can still feel it as something was on my penis and hopefully if i can recall it well i remember i remove it as well after the i immediately stop the act  , i just want to ask  what if and just what if i am not wearing any condom at all and by the time my penis already touching his outside anus and slightly a bit or may be a bit more almost enter in the begining of opening his anus part not totally inside his whole anal and immediately stop the act , is this a high risk act ???

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 05:05:07 am »
Sorry we don't do what if's on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 05:27:23 am »
Mal,

What you describe is very close to what is called frottage,  which is the act of rubbing genitals together. Frottage is NOT a risk for hiv infection. You were rubbing the outside of his anus and this is also not a risk for hiv infection.

You weren't at risk in this instance. In future, heed Andy's advice and avoid getting into sexual situations where you can't see what's going on. You're ok this time out.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline maloli

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 10:39:05 am »
Thank you Ann , what you said is true it is almost like frottage because i was rubbing at his back  , but even if my penis head accidently slightly enter a bit in his anus and  i was very quickly to pull myself off away from being enter into his anal is still  CONSIDER SAFE  right ,  anyway i am very happy to hear you say that i am fine this time around  and I SWEAR i no longer do this anymore in a room where i really can't see a thing there  ...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 11:06:51 am »
Rubbing against the anus is different from "dipping" or slight penetration. From what you have described it doesn't read to me that you actually penetrated.

Rather it seems to me that the longer you keep dwelling on the incident the more you are getting caught up in what ifs. It doesn't seem to me there was a risk. However, I will say that if you are going to continue gnawing on this bone, then go ahead and get tested at 13 weeks, collect the inevtiable negative result and put this concern behind you. But I say not because I think there was a real risk. Only for peace of mind.
Andy Velez

Offline maloli

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 11:56:03 am »
Thanks Andy , if i am still worrying  i will go test to have a peace of mine  , actually after the incident i didn't feel any scare or got anything to worry about may be i know that i have a condom on my penis , but a few days later i start to feel worrying is all because of the dark room there which cause me can't recall or  remember well  ,   but definately remember that the condom was involve on that matter , just hope that the condom was fine, cover up my penis properly  and it was on my penis while it was on the right time .  Thank you so much  Andy for your helpfull and  kindness  respond  .

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 12:44:54 pm »
You're welcome. I expect you to have a negative result on your test.

And maybe it's worth thinking some about in the future staying out of places where you can't feel comfortable about what's happening with you?

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline maloli

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 06:04:41 am »
hi , i am sorry that i am back again here sorry for bothering but i really need to know as i am started to learn a lot by now .. i met a guy and we engage into some kisses and  masterbation.. i hand job him until he com after  that i notice  my index finger got a small scracth or cut that leaves a little dry skin off but it was not bleeding but i can see a tiny bit of reddish inside the skin with a little bit of pain when i press it hard and i guess it is starting to heal or something cause this cut is been around 2 or 1 days ago before the incident , i think the small cut is actually already almost been cover or is healing but i am not very sure ,  when i handjob him until he com his semen might touches or go directly into the area there  ,    can this mean infection can be occur since there is an open opportunity  , i am not very sure can this mean a risk ?   Worry .   Have anyone been infected through this kind of way or have any documented case before . 

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 06:13:35 am »
Again you were not at risk of contracting HIV. Seek professional help for your phobias.

Offline maloli

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 09:05:21 am »
Thanks Rapidrod ,  but i dont really get it , i thought everyone knows that any open cut , wound or anything will be in danger if get connected to semen or blood with any kind of the skin , can you please advice me again how is this is not a risk . Thanks Rapidrod . I really appreciate it

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 09:09:54 am »
You would have to have had a large laceration that required sutures to have a slim risk of contracting HIV. If you are a surgeon and was lacerated by a broken bone then you might consider it a risk.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 01:18:02 pm »
You are worrying needlessly. If you had an open, gaping and fresh serious wound there could be a risk for transmission. In such circumstances it does seem unlikely you would have been engaging in sex.

But the kind of garden variety occurence such as you have described is absolutely not any risk whatsoever for HIV transmission. HIV is a fragile virus and that kind of scratch, small cut, bruises or other does not provide the kind of environment receptive to HIV, if in fact it was even present in the situation.
Andy Velez

Offline maloli

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 02:35:27 am »
is the skin of my hand  same as the skin such as around the penis , anal ,vaginal  or mouth which is much more easy for hiv to get entry if cut or something is present

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 04:54:04 am »
Mal,

Your skin is a very effective barrier to hiv.

You did NOT have a risk.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline maloli

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2009, 12:57:12 pm »
hi, i didnt meant to come back here again to ask you guys is because yesterday i was with a guy and we have an INTENSE rubbing and i guess my penis does touches his anus a few times , he even licks and bite my nipples quite intense cause it's hurt a little , and later he give me blow job , what worries me is that i found that i have a very small bruise or scracth that i can see a little blood there on my penis head must be from rubbing too hard ...........what if he got bleeding inside his mouth when he blow me and what about the rubbing or bitting my nipple ?  Sometimes i just dont know what am i doing ....i know i have this warning from Ann .

Offline maloli

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2009, 01:14:00 pm »
forget to say that there is no anal intercourse happening

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2009, 06:14:36 pm »
Again NO RISK. Either get yourself educated in how HIV and other STDs are transmitted or quit having sex. There is no need you coming here after each sexual situation you get yourself into.

Offline maloli

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 05:19:21 am »
Im not really understand what you suppose to mean Rapidrod , i thought this site is to help people to educate more

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2009, 07:25:12 am »
Have you read our lesson on HIV transmission? There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section.

Sexually, the risks for HIV transmission are essentially about unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. As long as you always use condoms for those activities you will be well protected.

We're not here to go through the details of each incident everytime you have some kind of sexual activity. You need to apply what has been told to you to different situations. And this time again you haven't had any risk for HIV.

We do in general advsie that anyone who's sexually active ought to regularly have a full STD panel done. That means at least once a year. Other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV.

Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2009, 07:25:12 am »
Mal,

What Rodney means is that we're here to give you the information you need to decide your own level of risk - or no risk. We're not here to hold your hand every time you have a sexual encounter. You need to learn this stuff and start applying it to your own life.

We've already told you that getting a blowjob is NOT a risk for hiv infection. Not one person has EVER been infected this way and you certainly aren't going to be the first. Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect. Unless you repeatedly punch the person in the mouth before they blow you, there couldn't possibly be enough blood present to pose any sort of danger to you.

In a nutshell, the only real sexual risk for hiv infection is UNPROTECTED anal or vaginal intercourse. Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It REALLY is that simple! Read through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them with confidence.

Your warning still stands. Keep coming back with these no risk worries and you WILL be given a time out. This is your last warning!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline maloli

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2009, 12:38:07 am »
Is ashame to me really anyway Thanks guys i will learn and i have fully understand what Ann trying to said,    i will  have my last thing to ask hope  you guys don't mind  then i will be away    ,    while he was on top of me and im at below our penis was rubbing against each other  ......... he hold my penis with lubricant to get touch around his outside anus and suddenly something weird i did notice that he want to put my penis to get into his anal... immediately straight away i stop him and it never get into his anal at all ........ my penis is still outside of his anus   and no sexual intercourse happening for the whole activity ............i just want to know that JUST ASSUMING  what if my penis head slightly went in his OUTSIDE ANUS just a little bit  but never get into his anal at all and also  is a single and a very fast act as i do stop him very quickly  ......but anyhow i believe it never happen i was just worry too much that makes me figure out this might be the case only ..   and lastly will there be any fluids or blood outside of his anus where i didn notice and get touch with it  ....will all this  be a risk ? Thanks guys for your very last reply and i really appreciate it .

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2009, 12:47:29 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2009, 04:13:52 am »
Mal,

Once again you bring to us something that holds NO RISK. We've explained this stuff to you again and again. Re-read your entire thread - our answers are not going to change.

I'm giving you that time out you've been repeatedly warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.