Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:10:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 405
Total: 405

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Nobody talking bout nothing no more...  (Read 68201 times)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: Nobody talking bout nothing no more...
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2014, 04:47:58 am »
man thats a lot of chopping veggies  :o

did i tell you about nearly chopping my thumb off last month, right after i get out the hospital, thought i was done for

Nope - no washing, pealing, chopping - mixed frozen veges....  "Working mothers' friends"  because how fast and easy it is. 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline zach

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2014, 05:00:35 am »
lol, ok, yeah i'm not safe in the kitchen. i'll do some of that for sure

on that note, just because i'm on a dog kick

at first i was revolted, kill it with fire, but quickly came around

http://www.al.com/living/index.ssf/2014/06/pig_this_unusual_dog_a_star_at.html#incart_hbx#incart_best-of

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2014, 07:58:56 am »
it tells you what sky you point the phone at;

Ummm.....  how many skies do you have down there that you need an app to help you find one??   ;)

Mike

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2014, 10:05:20 am »
Ummm.....  how many skies do you have down there that you need an app to help you find one??   ;)

Mike

Lol, good one Mike.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Dan0

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2014, 01:15:36 pm »
http://pdxwnbr.org/

Here's something to talk about!

So, it appears that there is a NAKED BIKE RIDE in Portland!  This is somewhat of a novelty to me and - no - I will not be participating.  I may have done many things in the Midwest without being properly attired, but a naked bike ride in the PNW is not going to be one of them. You just can't do ANYTHING now-a-days without someone and a camera phone!! There is a reason that the folks in WI did not do this.....most of it comes from a diet high in Krispy Kreme and Kringles. 

The police are threatening to arrest whomever parades around on their bike without clothes. That should be worth the price of admission alone!  I think that this whole this is to protest something. 
"Honey, you should never ask advice from a drunk drag queen who has a show to do." - JG

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
10/2013 Stribild Still UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2014, 04:47:45 pm »
you geek.  ;) Someone once described an app to me, it tells you what sky you point the phone at; identifies stars, planets, all the m objects. That would cool. I used to go to amateur astronomy star parties as a kid, I lived near a state park where a local university had a telescope. Built a cardboard tube schmidt cassegrain. Good times. Now I do good to somewhat aware of the moon.

There's also an app called, "What's Down Under?"  It tells you what's on the opposite side of the earth from you.  Interesting; but something you'd probably just use once.  If it is accurate, looks like I would come up in the Indian Ocean, if I dug my way through.  Actually, almost exactly where the search area is for the Malaysian plane. 

Looking through a telescope on a pier at the beach is probably one of my favorite memories.  We could see Saturn and the rings, clear as day.  We could see the storm on Jupiter.  The images were in black and white, which I don't fully understand.  Guess color doesn't travel well?  Anyway, we went on the beach, where there was a swinging bench.  We looked up and saw a shooting star across the ocean.  Then, there were guys having sex under the pier.  I remember looking over and seeing legs up in the air and about 5 guys lined up.  What a great night.  That is true.  Tybee Island off Savannah. 

Offline zach

« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2014, 09:46:11 pm »
i must not have been paying attention. are you in georgia ted? i love tybee, used to spend a fews days every year a year on cumberland. watched turtles swim in to lay eggs, then months later, little babies crawl out of the sand and swim away

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2014, 11:50:09 pm »
http://pdxwnbr.org/

Here's something to talk about!

So, it appears that there is a NAKED BIKE RIDE in Portland!

Call me a prude but there's no way I'm riding a bike without appropriate footwear.

Offline Dan0

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2014, 12:19:03 am »
If you Google PORTLAND NAKED BIKE RIDE you can a ton of images and they (most) have sensible footwear. Still looks a bit painful on those seats!

.......and there is one of my employees from last years ride - well HELLO Mr. man!! And, this will be awkward come Monday!!
"Honey, you should never ask advice from a drunk drag queen who has a show to do." - JG

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
10/2013 Stribild Still UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline MitchMiller

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2014, 12:23:49 am »
Gave my notice at work yesterday.  Hopefully I can now remain in the ranks of the unemployed for the duration my existence.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2014, 12:31:20 am »
i must not have been paying attention. are you in georgia ted? i love tybee, used to spend a fews days every year a year on cumberland. watched turtles swim in to lay eggs, then months later, little babies crawl out of the sand and swim away

No, in Louisville.  Went there when visiting my brother in Atlanta.  Loved the area.  The drive from Atlanta to there was very boring, though. 

Offline wolfter

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2014, 04:07:42 am »
Gave my notice at work yesterday.  Hopefully I can now remain in the ranks of the unemployed for the duration my existence.

I'm currently at work playing on the computer...sure hope they don't have a way of tracking me else I might be joining you.  :)
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2014, 12:46:58 pm »
Exciting day in East Haddam yesterday.

I was sitting on the sofa when I heard this horrible crash. A dump truck came careening around the corner and down the hill and hit a telephone pole head on. Pieces of the debris flew into our front yard and the ceramic insulator thingy popped out of our service connection on our house.

Luckily nobody was hurt and our service wasn't damaged. If he didn't make that turn I might not be here.

He was driving too fast and the truck was overloaded. Funny thing was that he kept on driving about two blocks to the bridge construction site dragging a stop sign along the way.

33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline mecch

« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2014, 05:36:20 pm »
I planted my window boxes today. A huge project, its done and my back hurts. 

Last week I spent a few days hunting the various flowers. I looked very hard before finding fresh, in shape petunias, and the perfumed variety.  The dark blue/purple have the headiest perfume, and sometimes the fuchsia and sometimes the white.

Petunias smell wonderful coming though the windows on summer nights.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2014, 05:39:44 pm »
I planted my window boxes today. A huge project, its done and my back hurts. 

Last week I spent a few days hunting the various flowers. I looked very hard before finding fresh, in shape petunias, and the perfumed variety.  The dark blue/purple have the headiest perfume, and sometimes the fuchsia and sometimes the white.

Petunias smell wonderful coming though the windows on summer nights.

I have petunias in my baskets on the front of my house and they do smell so very good .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline mecch

« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2014, 05:44:04 pm »
When I had a garden in the small courtyard behind my city apartment, the snails and slugs would rip through the marigolds and petunias in a single night.  So its best to have them up here, far above those beasts.
I did the potting out back and had to carry all these clay and Eternit planters up directly.  I didn't dare leave them one night at ground level...

Offline mecch

« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2014, 05:50:19 pm »
Tomorrow is Whit Monday - a public holiday, but I am hard pressed to understand what today, Pentecost, means...   Jesus as the Holy Spirit baptised the 12 Apostles and Mary?? 
Actually, its a holiday in many faiths.... 

Offline wolfter

« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2014, 11:21:20 am »
I had a bit of emotional ride the last couple of days.  I decided to finally bring all my belongings out of storage.  I hadn't realized how long everything was in storage until I saw the dates on the newspapers that everything was wrapped in.  2 nights ago, I only went through a few things as everything held a memory.

I decided to complete the task last night with help from my trusty white medicine.  Box after box held such dear memories.  I went through every emotion well into the early hours. 

I'll be completely in my new home by the weekend.  I should have the master suite completely done this evening. 
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2014, 03:43:20 pm »
Reminiscing is nice sometimes isn't it, Greg?  I've found an old VHS tape of me being interviewed by local TV on World Aids Day back in like '94.  Unfortunately I do not have a VHS player any longer. 

I hope we get to see pics of your master bedroom!  I know you'll be happy when you're moved in.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2014, 03:54:22 pm »
Going to a cousin's wedding this upcoming weekend.  I really enjoyed attending weddings when I was in my 20s but now that I am in my 50s they are just not as fun.  It will be nice to get away for a few days but c'mon.... outside weddings in June just don't do it for me.  I get the 'vapors' in all this heat and humidity. 

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2014, 05:10:44 pm »
Going to a cousin's wedding this upcoming weekend.  I really enjoyed attending weddings when I was in my 20s but now that I am in my 50s they are just not as fun.  It will be nice to get away for a few days but c'mon.... outside weddings in June just don't do it for me.  I get the 'vapors' in all this heat and humidity.

You have my condolences.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2014, 05:34:15 pm »

What part of the country is the wedding in? 

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2014, 05:39:54 pm »
What part of the country is the wedding in?

This will be in the mountains of NC. 

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2014, 05:57:50 pm »
This will be in the mountains of NC. 

It sounds very picturesque.  But I know that area of the country is pretty steamy in June.  I will tell you a secret, and I've found this out going through menopause:  If you go to the section of the store that has feminine care products, there are "cooling wipes" for those of us that have hot flashes.  They work very well, and cool immediately.  Maybe you could pick some up for those "vapor" moments.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2014, 07:59:24 pm »
My parent's wedding was during August in the South, with the reception at my grandmother's. It was 101F that day, obviously without air conditioning. Stop whining.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2014, 08:13:17 pm »
My parent's wedding was during August in the South, with the reception at my grandmother's. It was 101F that day, obviously without air conditioning. Stop whining.

I bet y'all had box fans in all the trailer windows though .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2014, 11:32:26 pm »
OK. Ill play.

I had a dent pulled out of my fender today by a random latino guy in a pickup at a Walmart today for $80.

I parked and he walked up to my window and started asking me if I wanted "that dent fixed"...It was 10:19, and I told him to get out of my way that I had to get into the Walmart McDonalds before the breakfast menu closed at 10:30, but to wait right there and I would be back. Sure nuff, I came back out with my biscuit and orange juice and he was waiting with a bucket of tools. I figured this would totally go south in some way but what the hell...YES LETS DO IT. He pulled out some stuff and rubbed it on my fender and put a big suction cup on it and pull the dent right out. Im still waiting for it to pop back in or something.

The deals are never ending at Walmart.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 11:34:54 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Irish Eyes

• Standard
  • A closed mind is a beautiful thing to lose
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2014, 03:40:06 am »
I started work at 4.30am yesterday and finished at 12.15am this morning.
Best of all there was no interuption from "Abso".
I started to text him and realised it was 10.55pm.
I assume he's ok.

Off to Ireland on the 11th. for a whirlwind 3 day vacation (with the new beau).
10/30/13          Exposure
Mid-Nov-Jan    Seroconversion (7-8 rough wks)
12.26.2013      WB dx. HIV+
02.01.2014      OraQuick (result Negative?)
01.31.2014      VL 250700
02.03.2014      CD4  491  26%
02.26.2014      CD4  503  26%
03.05.2014      HLA B6701  not present
03.18.2014      VL 530873 (typical fluctuation)
03.21.2014      Start Stribild
04.14.2014      VL 104 after 24 doses
05.12.2014      VL 129 after 52 doses
06.10.2014      CD4 940 32%
06.11.2014      VL 87
07.22.2014      VL 20
09.23.2014      VL 43
11.26.2014      CD4 1350 33%
01.26.2015.     VL 27
01.26.2015      VL <20
06/03/2015      VL 28
06/03/2015      CD4 1135 42%
12/10/2015      VL 27
12/10/2015      CD4 1111 36% cd8+tcell 1058 34%
06/23/2016      VL 49
06/23/2016      CD4 1255 41% cd8+tcell 882 29%

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2014, 05:16:21 am »
Just spend a lazy morning watching a movie I downloaded the other day.

It's about  "don't ask don't tell"

Burning Blue (2013)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1811307/

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2014, 05:32:38 am »

Oh Child... I could have done it when I was younger.  You just wait till you get old like me!  I have to actually wear long pants for this.... that in and of itself is torture for me during the months of June, July, and August.

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2014, 05:34:00 am »
He pulled out some stuff and rubbed it on my fender and put a big suction cup on it

Now that's a day at Wally World to remember for sure! 

Offline mecch

« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2014, 08:24:48 am »
So when y'all starting yer reparative therapy to get ex-gay, and is it covered by that there Obamer Care?

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2014, 08:42:04 am »
So when y'all starting yer reparative therapy to get ex-gay, and is it covered by that there Obamer Care?

The course is offered online for a 'handsome' fee.  Then to get certified you have to spend a little bit more, AND have a government issued photo ID.

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2014, 09:29:04 am »

And how many miles did you walk to school when you were a child?
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2014, 09:38:20 am »
And how many miles did you walk to school when you were a child?

1.5 blocks for elementary school, or 0.2 miles. I was also a crossing guard and only the popular kids were chosen for that.

High school was about 4 blocks away.

I could also walk downtown in 15 minutes.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 09:44:06 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2014, 09:53:35 am »
1.5 blocks for elementary school, or 0.2 miles. I was also a crossing guard and only the popular kids were chosen for that.

High school was about 4 blocks away.

I could also walk downtown in 15 minutes.

Aw, I was sure you were going to saw that it was 5 or 10 miles.  Uphill.  Both ways.

I rode the bus, 'cause I lived on the north side of town, and the schools were all on the other side of a major highway. These days, I don't think parents have their kids ride the bus very much, judging from the loooooong lines of cars I see in front of schools each morning.
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2014, 10:20:19 am »
When I turned 14 I rode my motorcycle to school so I was cooler than the lot of yall .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2014, 10:55:43 am »
. I was also a crossing guard and only the popular kids were chosen for that.

Please Mary, In 5th grade I was a Sergeant in the crossing guard corps. I had the silver badge with the red center, and the flourescent orange sash. I got to tell all the 4th grade peon crossing guards what to do. I was riding high until I whacked a car with my stop sign pole (he ran through the crosswalk and deserved it). I was unceremoniously stripped of my badge and sash and sent to art class  :-[
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline mitch777

« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2014, 11:08:22 am »
I took a bus the 8 miles to town. It took over an hour to arrive due to all of the stops. In my senior year I had my own 8 year old VW beetle as my parents flew the coop to Connecticut.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2014, 11:29:11 am »
Actually in high school I was chauffeured each day by my mother, since she was also a teacher there.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2014, 12:05:03 pm »
Suck it bitches. I walked to high school with Minnie Johnson. A black girl. I also was in the first integrated cheerleading group in our high school's history.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2014, 12:12:00 pm »
Suck it bitches. I walked to high school with Minnie Johnson. A black girl. I also was in the first integrated cheerleading group in our high school's history.

That is super kinda awesome .

One of the only fights I got into in little school was with crossing guard on a bus field trip . There was high pitched screams and hair pulling and scratchin and carry on ... it was the first time ( but not the last ) that an angry queen bum rushed me screaming BITCH IM GONNA KILL YOU .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2014, 04:51:28 pm »
Please Mary, In 5th grade I was a Sergeant in the crossing guard corps. I had the silver badge with the red center, and the flourescent orange sash. I got to tell all the 4th grade peon crossing guards what to do. I was riding high until I whacked a car with my stop sign pole (he ran through the crosswalk and deserved it). I was unceremoniously stripped of my badge and sash and sent to art class  :-[

What Reich was this exactly ?
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline mecch

« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2014, 07:37:14 am »
I said yes to a couple pilot projects for a dean (who is not my dean) this year - and put in a fair amount of unpaid work, but also got paid for some of the extra work.  New projects are often like this - nobody really knows what to do or how long it will take.  So most staff say no, but I've learned to say yes and hope for rewards down the line.  Its a risk.

So I just found out I will get some classes in his division this year.  Never worked there and always wanted to.  This reward was not promised to me, not even mentioned, so its a wonderful surprise. 

Don't you just love it when you experience fair play at work?!!   ;D

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2014, 09:32:40 am »
Mecch that is wonderful news . You have mentioned to me before about the work situation and how it is sometimes frustrating so I know how much this means to you and its a very big deal . You now have something your heart desires and petunias on the terrace, sounds like a damn good week to me . Congratulations .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2014, 11:33:57 am »
I said yes to a couple pilot projects for a dean (who is not my dean) this year - and put in a fair amount of unpaid work, but also got paid for some of the extra work.  New projects are often like this - nobody really knows what to do or how long it will take.  So most staff say no, but I've learned to say yes and hope for rewards down the line.  Its a risk.

So I just found out I will get some classes in his division this year.  Never worked there and always wanted to.  This reward was not promised to me, not even mentioned, so its a wonderful surprise. 

Don't you just love it when you experience fair play at work?!!   ;D

Mecch,

What wonderful news.  I think that more than fair play is at work here.  You are being acknowledged for making a meaningful contribution to your employer, through your own efforts and abilities.  It sounds more like a promotion might be in the business world.  You have gained deserved recognition of your talents and now have more responsibility and opportunity in another area that is of great interest to you.

Joe

Offline pittman

« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2014, 08:22:14 pm »

Yes, depending on the state, Obama Care is very progressive that way and totally covers it. Here in PA we sort and recycle our gays instead of throw them away.  I have a collection point in front of my house for the brunette ones.

Offline pittman

« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2014, 08:25:00 pm »
Actually in high school I was chauffeured each day by my mother, since she was also a teacher there.

When I went to high school down south the high school juniors and seniors drove the schools buses for the district.  I still remember the day the girl that drove our route drove into a ditch and then knocked the stop sign over when she tried to back up.

Offline mecch

« Reply #98 on: June 12, 2014, 02:31:44 am »
Aw shucks lets not exaggerate  ;D but thanks!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: June 12, 2014, 05:35:19 am »
Congrats, Mecch.

The first two years of high school were at Andrews Academy, the university's high school.  It was in another town, and my mother drove myself, and other kids, even during the horrid winter months.  The school would hardly ever close because most people lived in the university's housing, so they were super close. 

Then, I got kicked out of public high school when I was in 11th grade.  Of course I finished, but through adult ed. 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.