Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:14:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 567
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 535
Total: 535

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: This dream I had last night  (Read 4878 times)

Offline em

This dream I had last night
« on: October 20, 2014, 08:36:29 am »
I had this dream I had thought might make a good movie idea; A guy gets an audition for a part as the romantic lead. He gets all excited until the fans of the female lead find out his HIV status.

The audition was to be in secret at a light house being how they new his status but were willing to give him a shot at the part anyway.
The light house being  symbolic  beacon of hope. The fans after finding out his status block his way to prevent him from even auditioning. He meets with some friends and practices his lines and sings the song of love and devotion they sing in the movie. The friends decide He must make the audition so they call a radio station and broadcast his singing of the song. the fans change there mind and let him through.

The song in my dream words of love set to an ABBA like song with the words I will always love you sung in between by back up singers.

just a dream I thought worth sharing

thank you

EM

Offline harleymc

Re: This dream I had last night
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 07:19:16 am »
Not a movie, would make a sweet musical.

Offline em

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 11:14:19 am »
How about a musical about a movie audition?

How about, those were the days my friend about life before HIV

don't want to be all by myself about life with HIV.

to dream the impossible dream with new words about a cure for the virus ?

Well I have a long list of song ideas some are even songs of my own, well now it is just a day dream. just wanted to share my ideas .

The play could be about any big star. They do not have to be there the play is just about them no need to actually show them.

so it could be about Barbera Streisand, Cher, JLo anyone ?

thank you

em

Offline em

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 01:41:01 pm »
Was just thinking about making the main character about 25 and he was born HIV + this way  more people would feel for him being born with this curse and blessed with  gifted vioce.

Then well anyway I have to get my nerve up to find out about maybe some college theater company may want to do a show about HIV and educate themselves and others about modern HIV at the same time. While social media tells of how this young guy has HIV and wants to be a star with say Selina Gomez ( just to give a name to the character for now). Then lets say Zach Efron type for the male lead again just to give a face to the part. then while the info and stigma spreads so does info about the virus being controlled  by  meds and Ultrasensitive Undetectable giving the risk of transmition to miniscule amount. that is how men who are HIV + father children with HIV negative women and HIV + women have HIV negative children.

well anyway just a thought I will try to get my nerve and see if there is a college web sight or local theater group willing to take on this topic.

play first then musical then movie and in the interium a after school special about HIV

thank you for a place to share my ideas

EM

Offline em

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 02:01:47 pm »
A story about over coming stigma and rejection through singing does not bring out anyones interest.

I hope all is well

EM

Offline guitargal

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 11:48:30 pm »
dream dictionary  i dream a lot and look things up sometimes..many times it is spot on about how i am feeling....please do not take this the wrong way.. just what they had for your key words..
 peace.

Singing

To sing in your dream represents happiness, harmony and joy in some situation or relationship. You are uplifting others with your positive attitude and cheerful disposition. Singing is a way to celebrate, communicate, embrace and express your feelings.

To hear someone sing in your dream signifies emotional and spiritual fulfillment. Your mood is changing for the positive as your outlook in life is looking up.

Lighthouse

To see a lighthouse in your dream indicates that you are seeking guidance during a difficult and tumultuous time.

Audition

To dream that you are at an audition indicates feelings of insecurity and vulnerability. You have trouble expressing yourself and feel that you are being put to a test. The attitude and behavior of the audience will also guide you in how you think others perceive you.

Broadcast

To dream that you are in a broadcast indicates your desire to have your voice heard and get your message out there. You need to be more expressive.
What a long strange trip it's been

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.