Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:15:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 194
Total: 195

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Madonna adopts 13-month old baby from Africa  (Read 7945 times)

Offline whizzer

Re: Madonna adopts 13-month old baby from Africa
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 07:47:02 pm »
Well, it IS all the rage these days.  When Paris Hilton adopts one, we'll know the trend is on the wane.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 06:18:57 am »
Yeah, after all the denials from her press person that "oh no, Madonna's not here to adopt, she just wants to help" What a crock. ::)

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 08:39:28 am »
Well, it IS all the rage these days.  When Paris Hilton adopts one, we'll know the trend is on the wane.

When Paris Hilton adopts one, it's probably time to notify child welfare authorities

Offline fearless

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 06:11:14 pm »
with the sort of money that Madonna has she should be adopting whole villages. Oh well, I hope she feels good about herself.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 06:21:34 pm »
I agree Steve..giving a child a good home is wonderful but she could help so many more with her money.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline carousel

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 11:41:37 am »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 11:38:40 am by carousel »

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 11:57:37 am »
It all seemed to happen kind of fast.  Its great the child will be well cared for...buti ts not just about money.  The child is a human being and its not like going to the store and buying a new outfit or a piece of furniture.  This is a lifetime commitment and I hope it is not a trend, or worse, a whim.

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 10:07:56 am »
Every Wednesday and Sunday on NBC in NYC they have a spotlight on Wednesday's Child. They pick a child who is up for adoption and do a small segment on the child.  As already expressed here "why"?
Is he an AIDS baby?  The news mentioned a father.
I guess this is the latest fad amongst the nuveau riche.
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline fearless

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 08:30:23 pm »
Apparantely, the fathers child does not want the child to be adopted out.
Why doesn't Madonna do some real good and donate to the child's village, rather than feed her overblown ego and publicity machine. Self-serving old hag.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 08:39:22 pm »
At least this time she can't just walk in hand over her money and walk out with what she wants...she has to go through all sorts of interviews and follow the adoption protocol and that can take up to four years...it will be interesting to see what sort of tantrum she will throw on this one...she is not known for her patience.

Hugs

Offline randym431

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 09:56:18 am »
Oh Oh, I see a book in the making someday. Madonna-Dearest. (no more metal hanger's, or bra's) :D

Actually I never cared what celebrities did, do and have done. I remember that show "Lifestyles of the rich and famous". A friend of mine always called it "Lifestyles of the rich and F**Ked up".
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 10:00:13 am by randym431 »
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline swede_dish

• I feel like an angel baby wrapped in a candy cloud
    • My blog
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 11:06:16 am »
I hope now she realizes that they are real live children. Not new Prada boots.
"I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me. "
-Bette Midler

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 04:04:25 pm »
Oh Oh, I see a book in the making someday. Madonna-Dearest. (no more metal hanger's, or bra's) :D

and no ignoring of Mommaprimadonna because she craves attention  :D

Offline alisenjafi

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 07:05:02 pm »
Wow doesn't she know African children are so 2003,  I hear Peruvian children are going to be all the rage next year.
What would be wild if Puffy Daddy or what ever he goes by this year adopts a lil wite won!
I wondered at first how she was going to bring up the child culturally but I guess Dennis Rodman left his mark- after all she got him to cross dress!
Boy are we a cynical bunch!
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
The Smiths

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 07:10:02 pm »
Matty the Damned can't understand what all the kerfuffle is about. Does the little fucker shit gold or something? Maybe the father wouldn't be carrying on so much if Madge had just forked out more cash for the kidlet.

Alternatively, when Papa, the locals and that righteous NGO started squealing, Ms Ciccone should have just taken her wads of cash and misguided sense of noblesse oblige moved along to the next needy dark kid. Poor unfortunate orphans from the Third World are in ample supply, I'm told.

MtD

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 09:01:36 pm »
Matty the Damned can't understand what all the kerfuffle is about. Does the little fucker shit gold or something?

:o  :D  :D  :D Why is the baby's father upset? Heard something passing on the tv but I wasn't paying attention

Offline tigger2376

• too bad to die youngish!
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 10:10:39 am »
Just seen all the coverage on UK TV, they actually covered the kids face so the media couldn't photograph him, now there's a 'normal' life! We were told that several charities were legally challenging 'her madgeness' so what happened? next thing she'll ask versace to design a handbag to carry him in! Too little, too public, blatent self promotion.
I know i'm going to enjoy the party in the afterlife, but do you all mind that I'm going to be VERY late!!!

Offline alisenjafi

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2006, 11:11:19 am »
Considering her notorius past I am surprised she is allowed to adopt, after all 2 kids from 2 different fathers is not conventional family values.
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
The Smiths

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2006, 11:14:32 am »
Where the hell have you been, gays are adopting all the time. The only ones you hear about, are the ones the Press try to smear.

Offline alisenjafi

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2006, 11:23:57 am »
It is one thing to be gay and another to stand on a highway with your twat and titties hanging out.
Surely you are not equating the two.
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
The Smiths

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2006, 11:29:34 am »
Give me a break. She has the ability to raise another child, she has the money to support the child. What is the big deal. You are not being anymore different, by what you are saying than some of the Christians say about Homosexuals.

Offline alisenjafi

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2006, 12:49:31 pm »
It is one thing to be gay and another to stand on a highway with your twat and titties hanging out.
Surely you are not equating the two.
That was the question ... not what Christians say. Anyway they always spout Genesis 19:15-22, and never Genesis, Chapter 19, Verses 30-38
Anyway you are confussing the issue. I would let her adopt whom ever she wanted to. So please don't try and make this the issue. This for once isn't about me- I was just pointing out she has a seedy past  as well as her lambasting Christianity to which the father is a member of.
Mind you the way that thread on republican pervs is going I would be wary of letting them adopt.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 12:54:44 pm by alisenjafi »
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
The Smiths

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2006, 01:04:16 pm »
Yeah, and look who started that thread. One shouldn't throw stones, now should they?

Offline alisenjafi

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2006, 05:08:41 pm »
Are you implying that Dachshund is a child molester?
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
The Smiths

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006, 05:59:06 pm »
No more, than did I say you were a Nun.

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2006, 12:52:58 pm »
Jesus Christ, what she did was a noble deed.  Why does everything have to turn into a political rant here?  Is it because she CAN adopt a baby?  My understanding is that the kid's father was completely FOR the adoption, in hopes that the child would live a better life.  Who gives a shit about her religious, political or any other views.

It ain't like we don't have them here, for sure.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2006, 06:56:28 pm »
I agree John, she is doing a wonderful thing in giving a child a good home and a future to look forward to, I don't care about her political or religious agendas...my peeve is, why, when so many decent couple who can't have their own children and would love to adopt have to go through years of interrogation and adoption protocol and she gets to take this little one home for a trial period..there are certain rules about adoption, why do they not apply to her?..is it simply because she has money and can just walk in and buy whatever she wants?...the adoption protocol is there for a reason and should be adhered to and should not be changed for those with celebrity status.

Hugs

Offline alisenjafi

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2006, 07:08:00 pm »
The question is she doing it for those noble reasons, and as Jan says , what about the regular people trying to adopt? What I brought up is the strictness a couple is scrutinized to adopt, and yet it seems if you just plunk down a few mill you can get anything.
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
The Smiths

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2006, 12:25:44 am »
Well, I kinda doubt that there is a big line of us northerners down there to adopt a child.  Shit, she could turn around and sell the kid to someone else here and he would still have a better life.  I mean, we gotta give her some kind of credit.  She is there and we are here talking about her like she is some kind of crank.

Offline fearless

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2006, 02:27:11 am »
I thought you'd gone John. I wish you'd keep to your word and rack off. You make me sick to the stomach

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2006, 05:56:54 am »
I thought you'd gone John. I wish you'd keep to your word and rack off. You make me sick to the stomach

Awe Steve, sorry to hear you are a bit queasy down under.  That little button under my clown is the best medicine for that.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.