Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:25:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 160
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 120
Total: 122

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Thowing in the towel.....for now...  (Read 21468 times)

Offline mpositive

Thowing in the towel.....for now...
« on: December 07, 2010, 02:00:41 pm »
I am just too tired of trying to find someone.  Poz Personals & PositiveSingles.com have been exhausted.  Anyone know of another place a Heterosexual Poz Male can find a mate? 
Really just tired of it.  I mostly just want to give in and accept the fact that I will most likely remain alone, maybe then I can just move past this "topic".   So much has changed, I find myself not as able to be flirtatious with women because it can't go anywhere.  Anyhow, this is not the place to mope...I am just tired of this already.
Sorry....needed to vent somewhere.
:)
M

Offline sam66

• Keep The Faith ; Fight The Fight
Re: Thowing in the towel.....for now...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 02:13:21 pm »

Hey Mpos,
                    Know how you feel , in the same boat, 3 years now,
                    Let me know if you have any luck. only tried poz personals

May be we should just go and get drunk , :'( 

all the best man

sam
december 2007 diagnosed +ve ,

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 02:17:00 pm »
If I may make a suggestion ... Perhaps you should consider not throwing in the towel and giving up , rather just put it on the back burner for awhile .

There came a time when i was faced with the same dilemma as you are and found my self feeling isolated and upset with the situation . It wasn't pleasant but I found in time that I could be just as happy as a single guy as I was partnerd .

I can also say with certainty that if I ever do find a special person again it will be all the better because of what I learned living single .    
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline sam66

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 02:26:50 pm »
   Thanks jg

I got use it now, look on the bright side,  I can leave my underpants and socks lying around
        as long as I want.  8)

Mops may be we should start a hetro male section           

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 02:55:10 pm »
   Thanks jg

I got use it now, look on the bright side,  I can leave my underpants and socks lying around
        as long as I want.  8)

Mops may be we should start a hetro male section           

As a gay guy living alone, I can tell you that many of us leave our socks and underwear lying around. That clean gene does not trickle ALL the way down :)

I've often wondered whether POZ Personals ought to have a forum for discussion about dating (only that). Sometimes when people open up to each other, they might be able to forge alliances and who knows, form social groups for mingling with/meeting people of the opposite sex. Not sure such a forum would fly here, but it's something to consider.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline wtfimpoz

• Let's make biscuits!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 02:56:06 pm »
There's a rule that me and mine have had for some time, long before I tested poz.  "He'll always show up when you're not looking".  HIV notwithstanding, no one wants a partner who looks emotionally desperate.  For better or for worse, nothing looks more emotionally desperate than allowing yourself to become caught up in the ebb and flow of whoever happens to be online at the moment.  I'm not saying "throw in the towel", but I am saying that sometimes the best way to find someone is to dial back your engagement in the search.  Keep checking those websites, and whatever alternate forums you use, but check them less often and invest yourself in something else for the time being.  You'll probably find that you happen across that special lady when you're just looking for a hookup after a long day at work.
09/01/2009-neg
mid april, 2010, "flu like illness".
06/01/2010-weakly reactive ELISA, indeterminant WB
06/06/2010-reactive ELISA, confirmed positive.

DATE       CD4     %     VL
07/15/10  423     33    88k
08/28/10  489     19    189k
09/06/10-Started ATRIPLA
09/15/10  420     38    1400
11/21/10  517     25    51

Offline sam66

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 03:04:12 pm »
As a gay guy living alone, I can tell you that many of us leave our socks and underwear lying around. That clean gene does not trickle ALL the way down :)

good to see that smile JK    ;D

any way I was trying to make this a hetro thread,, but ur welcome
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 03:22:48 pm by sam66 »

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 04:01:42 pm »

Surely you didn't just say that!!  I don't doubt that it is more difficult for a straight male to find someone, but don't discount the difficulty some gay men have.  I can tell you that as a negative and now a poz gay man I have had extremely bad luck in the dating department.  And for all practical purposes have accepted that having a meaningful relationship is probably not in the cards for me.  And I am not saying that as some naive twink but a guy whose been around awhile.  Straight or gay we all face our difficulties in dating.
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 04:37:42 pm »
I mostly just want to give in and accept the fact that I will most likely remain alone, maybe then I can just move past this "topic".   So much has changed, I find myself not as able to be flirtatious with women because it can't go anywhere.  Anyhow, this is not the place to mope...I am just tired of this already.
Sorry....needed to vent somewhere.
M

mp - Vent away buddy.  By the time you read this, I would hope the pity party is over.  Keep in mind that its not easy to find a suitable significant other regardless of our HIV status. 

Like a wise friend of mine once told me and I now see it as being true... dont try and it will happen.  That sounds like crappy advice but it does seem to be true.  She will not come knocking on the door out of the blue, you have to get out and about but dont make it the focal point of your day. 

I hope you dont mind me responding if this is intended to be a Hetero only thread.   ;)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 04:51:02 pm »

Good luck with that.

MtD

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 08:34:04 pm »
I am just too tired of trying to find someone. 

You're looking too hard. Just let it go and one will come along.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline odyssey

• Mutiny of the neurons!
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 10:48:26 pm »
You're looking too hard. Just let it go and one will come along.

-Will

Yeah, its kind of like when you try so hard to remember something and you can't, then you stop thinking about it and it comes right to you. Keep your cosmic self open to the possibilities, but maybe for now, let the women come looking for you?

odyssey

*As for this being a hetero only forum, isn't that a tad discriminatory?
01/09/09- diagnosed HIV+
01/16/09   CD4-425    22%  VL- 32,415
11/09- started Reyetaz/Norvir/Truvada
03/10- stopped R/N/T
10/18/11   CD4- 328   20%  VL- 84,000
10/25/11   CD4- 386   22%
10/28/11- start Truvada/Reyetaz/Norvir
12/30/11  CD4- 523  29%
03/08/12  CD4- 503  31%  VL 57
07/02/12  CD4- 897  43%
08/31/12  CD4- 745  39%
12/27/12  CD4- 884  40%
03/28/13  CD4- 819  39%
07/19/13  CD4- 739  40%
10/17/13  CD4- 535  36%
01/16/14  CD4- 743  43%

02/14- switched from R/N/T to Tivicay/Epzicom because of CKD 3 suspected from tenofovir.

03/14- switched back to R/N/T due to severe nausea and inability to eat on T/E.

04/01/14 CD4- 898  42%   VL-

Offline daysleeper

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 11:04:37 pm »
I've been trying to rock the whole "it'll happen when you're not looking" approach for the past six years -- hasn't gotten me very far.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 12:33:35 am »

Hey Mpos, I know this is bothering you because you've brought this up before.  I wish I had an answer for you... you know my deal and situation, I wish it was the same for you.  Is your profile just not getting any hits or is it just a matter of not meeting someone compatible?

I would think being in New York would give you some advantages over someone living in Dresden, Tennessee. 

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline mpositive

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 06:52:36 am »
Thanks for all the responses folks.  You are all right in every way.  Yea, I am over it, I vented when the frustration overflows a bit, then I reset. 
Gay or Hetero, it's all tough. 

Offline sam66

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 06:54:33 am »
   Matty, Woods,
                       I'm just just trying to make light of an issue that does  bother me, so don't take too
    seriously any thing I say on this thread. ( you know laughter is best medicine and all that, just my way )

Any how, someone said don't look desperate, women can sense it, well I have a shower, clean shave, tidy
    my hair( that doesn't take too long   :( )  look in the mirror , every thing is perfect. But soon as I step
    out side the front door this F.....g big sign appires above my head that says " he's desperate " which every woman can see.. ???
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 07:05:43 am by sam66 »

Offline sam66

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2010, 07:08:06 am »
   What about these support groups , MPOS,     have you tried those places

Offline smiteler

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2010, 11:35:07 am »
i haven't completely givin up
but i'm at the point i could really give a shit anymore. 8)
what makes me be that way isn't from being able to find them,
its seeing whats out there!  :o

Offline mpositive

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2010, 12:59:11 pm »
Well, have not had much luck with support groups for POZ folks, because they are normally geared to specific sexual orientations or gender.  IE: TS, Gay, Women but VERY and I mean VERY rare to find a selection of groups geared towards hetero men.  I did go to one once...it was at 3pm in the afternoon at the Gay Men's Health center in NYC. 
That was the only one available.  So if you don't work, great, but if you did, you were shit outta luck.  But I went once and did not feel it for myself. 
What also troubled me, the gentlemen leading the group was not a Poz himself.  I did not realize it until the end and was kinda put off.  I guess because he made it seem like he could relate, but I could not see that as possible.  However, he was a real nice guy, good heart and obviously cared a lot.

M

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2010, 03:40:19 pm »
Hey Mpos,

Are searching in POZ dating sites only?  That in itself seems limiting.  On TV commercials they have eHarmony which includes the involving process of personality profiles and does not accept gay clients.  There is another which offers more and better dates, more relationships and more marriages than the other sites.

I heard on the radio the other day that 87% of all people who have profiles online have exaggerated their profile information.    Guess I'm not really a millionaire...

During the holiday season, we have 3 personality types:
1.  The happy couples with plans and families
2.  The singles groups of friends who already have plans
3.  The single person with no place to go and someones dad sets a place at the table
The holiday season leaves no room for singles meeting other singles.

Three years ago, I bought a 1 year membership on gay.com.  I ran a search of all available men within 50 miles (which included San Francisco).  From that list, I eliminated everyone who for any reason would not be compatible so 1200 gay men became a list of 4 who may be interesting.  Everyone says they are looking for someone with personality and a sense of humor.  Each of those 4 got an email from me.  The one who read, "I am bold, brash and obnoxious in public" responded, we made a date and are still dating.  He is HIV negative- go figure   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline odyssey

• Mutiny of the neurons!
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2010, 06:33:25 pm »
Hey Mpos,

Are searching in POZ dating sites only?  That in itself seems limiting.  On TV commercials they have eHarmony which includes the involving process of personality profiles and does not accept gay clients.  There is another which offers more and better dates, more relationships and more marriages than the other sites.

I heard on the radio the other day that 87% of all people who have profiles online have exaggerated their profile information.    Guess I'm not really a millionaire...

During the holiday season, we have 3 personality types:
1.  The happy couples with plans and families
2.  The singles groups of friends who already have plans
3.  The single person with no place to go and someones dad sets a place at the table
The holiday season leaves no room for singles meeting other singles.

Three years ago, I bought a 1 year membership on gay.com.  I ran a search of all available men within 50 miles (which included San Francisco).  From that list, I eliminated everyone who for any reason would not be compatible so 1200 gay men became a list of 4 who may be interesting.  Everyone says they are looking for someone with personality and a sense of humor.  Each of those 4 got an email from me.  The one who read, "I am bold, brash and obnoxious in public" responded, we made a date and are still dating.  He is HIV negative- go figure   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Hey choof-

Hate to point out where you're wrong in an otherwise excellent post, but eHarmony does accept gay clients now. They lost a lawsuit allegedly discrimination based on sexual orientation and now allow gays and lesbians on their site. Just thought everyone should know so they know eHarmony is an option even if they are queer. Though I don't know why a queer person would want to give their money to people who hate them anyway?

odyssey
01/09/09- diagnosed HIV+
01/16/09   CD4-425    22%  VL- 32,415
11/09- started Reyetaz/Norvir/Truvada
03/10- stopped R/N/T
10/18/11   CD4- 328   20%  VL- 84,000
10/25/11   CD4- 386   22%
10/28/11- start Truvada/Reyetaz/Norvir
12/30/11  CD4- 523  29%
03/08/12  CD4- 503  31%  VL 57
07/02/12  CD4- 897  43%
08/31/12  CD4- 745  39%
12/27/12  CD4- 884  40%
03/28/13  CD4- 819  39%
07/19/13  CD4- 739  40%
10/17/13  CD4- 535  36%
01/16/14  CD4- 743  43%

02/14- switched from R/N/T to Tivicay/Epzicom because of CKD 3 suspected from tenofovir.

03/14- switched back to R/N/T due to severe nausea and inability to eat on T/E.

04/01/14 CD4- 898  42%   VL-

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2010, 07:23:14 pm »
Hey choof-

Hate to point out where you're wrong in an otherwise excellent post, but eHarmony does accept gay clients now. They lost a lawsuit allegedly discrimination based on sexual orientation and now allow gays and lesbians on their site. Just thought everyone should know so they know eHarmony is an option even if they are queer. Though I don't know why a queer person would want to give their money to people who hate them anyway?

odyssey

I didn't know that... Although I am a fan of personality profiling, I did a lot of work to find the perfect match on gay.com.  A gal from days gone by found a man on eHarmony but after 3 years of a relationship that was second best to a warm bath and a good book, her sister talked about suing eHarmony because the man lied and misrepresented his intentions.  He was really in love with his mother.  The point I was trying to make was a person who is living with HIV should not limit themselves to poz dating sites.   ;D  Have the best day
Michael 

Offline AuroraCOGuy

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2010, 02:06:43 am »
Well, have not had much luck with support groups for POZ folks, because they are normally geared to specific sexual orientations or gender.  IE: TS, Gay, Women but VERY and I mean VERY rare to find a selection of groups geared towards hetero men.  I did go to one once...it was at 3pm in the afternoon at the Gay Men's Health center in NYC. 
That was the only one available.  So if you don't work, great, but if you did, you were shit outta luck.  But I went once and did not feel it for myself. 
What also troubled me, the gentlemen leading the group was not a Poz himself.  I did not realize it until the end and was kinda put off.  I guess because he made it seem like he could relate, but I could not see that as possible.  However, he was a real nice guy, good heart and obviously cared a lot.

Isn't that the truth. Painfully frustrating. I'm still barely past having my HIV cherry popped and I'm debating not going through with my divorce for this very reason (which is actually pretty damn unhealthy mentally) but it's an interesting dilemma. And I'm sure gays and straights do struggle in a number of common areas but there are also differences.

I won't pretend to know what it's like being a gay male with HIV but I have quite a few gay friends and at least within that social circle, HIV is not the social stigma that it turns out to be in the heterosexual world. Not to mention the assumptions/stereotypes that dog the heterosexuals. Don't want it to turn into a flame war though, dating is difficult enough without HIV, this just puts a new wrinkle in it.

Keep your head up M. I actually am talking to 3 different women from Poz sites, just strictly casual stuff since I'm not ready to date and unsure about my long term status with my "wife" but I know they are out there.
Infected 04-17-2010
Diagnosed 07-05-2010

07/2010 - CD4 741, 40%   VL ~4500 (initial labs)
08/2010 - CD4 751, 41%   VL ~3000 (one month after initial labs)
09/2010 - CD4 732, 40%   VL ~2000
10/2010 - CD4 738, 40%   VL < 1000
11/2010 - CD4 761, 41%   VL 430
12/2010 - CD4 758, 41%   VL 194
01/2011 - CD4 745, 40%   VL 103
02/2011 - CD4 782, 41%   VL 77
03/2011 - CD4 763, 41%   VL < 50 / UD
04/2011 - CD4 758, 41%,  VL < 50 / UD
05/2011 - CD4 761, 41%   VL < 50 / UD
09/2011 - still UD, still strong
06/2013 - still UD, never a blip

Never taken any therapy/meds

Offline sam66

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2010, 08:06:01 am »
    I think , hetro male is a forgoten minority when it comes to HIV, never really here much about us,
    I'm sure it's around 28%  of the +ve population in UK

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2010, 08:27:23 am »
    I think , hetro male is a forgoten minority when it comes to HIV, never really here much about us,
    I'm sure it's around 28%  of the +ve population in UK

Ah yairs. The plight of the heterosexual male, that most maligned and disempowered group.

And you know, our hearts would bleed for our straight bloke brethren if y'all didn't run the fucking world.

Check out who's running the government in any given nation, chances are it's a straight fella.

Health services, insurance companies, the pharmaceutical industry, FOX news and any other locus of power you might care to mention and I fancy you'll find it's a red blooded man of the straight persuasion calling the shots.

If, by some lucky happenstance, there should be an individual of the non married male variety at the head of things, I've got no doubt that there'll be some ferociously heterosexual bloke behind the scenes calling the shots.

My point? Arrange for more straight men to become HIV positive, get them to join up here and form the majority.

Then you'll be set. :)

MtD

Offline mpositive

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2010, 08:56:59 am »
Ya know Matt, this is why I hesitate here.  The hate and bigotry that folks like you portray.  You are no better than those you berate Matt.  Sorry to say.  By your words, it appears that BECAUSE I am straight, I am "evil" or just bad.  I know you did not use those words, but it is extremely obvious to anyone with a half a brain what your intentions are and it really sucks.  I see you said Fox News, as a way of being negative.  Right, sure Matt. You are exactly part of the same problem as with any ignorant and small minded bigot, racist, anti-semite or extremist.  If I am coming off hard, well, too bad.  I am straight...so freaking what!  Do I not deserve the same respect?  Because a straight person pissed you off, therefore all straight people are evil or bad in your eyes?  If you say that you don't feel that way, well, that also makes you a liar based on your generalities above.  Personally, I have such respect and admiration for everyone here and in the small world around me, of all colors, preferences and religions.  As long as they do no harm to others, they are good in my book. 
Hmmmm...I wrote this, then was going to delete, as it is written in anger.  However, the hell with it, I won't quietly sit by and let someone rip me up because I am not like them.  So, let the chips fall where they may...get over yourself soon Matt.
By the way, I am not a "maligned and disempowered group".  I am me and am part of the same human race that you are.  Like it or not.

Offline mpositive

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2010, 09:02:38 am »
My apologies to everyone else for my last post.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2010, 09:06:22 am »
I'm still looking for the evil straight man part of Mattys post but I just cant find it .  
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2010, 09:11:19 am »
Ya know Matt, this is why I hesitate here.  The hate and bigotry that folks like you portray.  You are no better than those you berate Matt.  Sorry to say.  By your words, it appears that BECAUSE I am straight, I am "evil" or just bad.  I know you did not use those words, but it is extremely obvious to anyone with a half a brain what your intentions are and it really sucks.  I see you said Fox News, as a way of being negative.  Right, sure Matt. You are exactly part of the same problem as with any ignorant and small minded bigot, racist, anti-semite or extremist.  If I am coming off hard, well, too bad.  I am straight...so freaking what!  Do I not deserve the same respect?  Because a straight person pissed you off, therefore all straight people are evil or bad in your eyes?  If you say that you don't feel that way, well, that also makes you a liar based on your generalities above.  Personally, I have such respect and admiration for everyone here and in the small world around me, of all colors, preferences and religions.  As long as they do no harm to others, they are good in my book. 
Hmmmm...I wrote this, then was going to delete, as it is written in anger.  However, the hell with it, I won't quietly sit by and let someone rip me up because I am not like them.  So, let the chips fall where they may...get over yourself soon Matt.
By the way, I am not a "maligned and disempowered group".  I am me and am part of the same human race that you are.  Like it or not.

Le sigh.

Yeah I get it. You're a good guy. You don't wear orange on St Patrick's Day,  you don't drink cappucino with your steak dinner nor do you smack your girlfriend around when she gets uppity.

And if only all straight men could take a leaf out of your neatly ruled book, then the world would be a better place.

The thing is that I'm not talking to you the really decent fellow. I'm talking to you as a member of the hegemonic group.

So allow me to soothe your white hot rage with a rather tedious anecdote.

When I was at university way back in the 1990s, we had a thing called a "Womens' Room". It was a single space on campus reserved for women students. They ran it and they decided who could and could not cross their delicately scented threshold.

Inevitably some "heterosexual males" objected to this outrageous affront to the status quo and fronted up to a meeting of the Students' Representative Council demanding a "Mens' Room".

Because, y'know, turn about is fair play.

For a good two hours we debated the question "why isn't there a mens' room on this campus?" until a big ol' dyke finally rose up and answered it.

"Because every fucking room on this campus is a fucking mens' room."

You can draw from that what you will.

MtD

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2010, 09:18:22 am »
I'm still looking for the evil straight man part of Mattys post but I just cant find it .  

was it advice to the problem Mpos is having though?  Perhaps a little compassion towards a problem that is very real to him may have come across a little better.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2010, 09:25:22 am »
was it advice to the problem Mpos is having though?  Perhaps a little compassion towards a problem that is very real to him may have come across a little better.

Heh.

Speaking of neatly ruled books, I was wondering when you'd pop up. :)

MtD

Offline sam66

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2010, 09:29:10 am »
            Matty , you guys been running the show since Adam n' Eve,  I'm sure Adam was gay

, FOX news and

MtD
                  I give you that one Fox news ;D , yeh I doubt anybody gay there.

Edward Heath, primnister UK 1972,   Peter Mandleson,( who really was in charge behind Tony Blair )

All great historical characters :  Alexander the Great , Most of Roman Emperors ( Nero most famous ) Julius Caesar, King Edward II, ( half of UK royalty ) Lord Nelson ( most of great military leaders )

Michelangelo ,Leonardo  da Vinci, Oscar Wilde, Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky,Sir Francis  Bacon,
 Any Artist writer of note,
         Sir Isaac Newton.      God knows how many Popes  List goes on and on. ;)

Things are so bad I'm seriously considering batting for the other side
      >:(

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2010, 09:32:59 am »
            Matty , you guys been running the show since Adam n' Eve,  I'm sure Adam was gay
                  I give you that one Fox news ;D , yeh I doubt anybody gay there.

Edward Heath, primnister UK 1972,   Peter Mandleson,( who really was in charge behind Tony Blair )

All great historical characters :  Alexander the Great , Most of Roman Emperors ( Nero most famous ) Julius Caesar, King Edward II, ( half of UK royalty ) Lord Nelson ( most of great military leaders )

Michelangelo ,Leonardo  da Vinci, Oscar Wilde, Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky,Sir Francis  Bacon,
 Any Artist writer of note,
         Sir Isaac Newton.      God knows how many Popes  List goes on and on. ;)

You left out Oprah. I hear she's a fearsome crack-snacker.

Things are so bad I'm seriously considering batting for the other side
      >:(

Drop Skeebo a line, he'll give you some pointers. :)

MtD

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2010, 09:33:43 am »
Heh.

Speaking of neatly ruled books, I was wondering when you'd pop up. :)

MtD

Oh please Matt, you know this isn't common for me.  I've very rarely come to the defense of our straight brethren, so back off that insinuation.   The fact of the matter remains straight HIV+ males are judged with suspicion on the outside (neg. pop) and  shown this kind of attitude you display above when they talk about it.  It's a problem is all I am saying.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2010, 09:38:38 am »
Oh please Matt, you know this isn't common for me.  I've very rarely come to the defense of our straight brethren, so back off that insinuation.   The fact of the matter remains straight HIV+ males are judged with suspicion on the outside (neg. pop) and  shown this kind of attitude you display above when they talk about it.  It's a problem is all I am saying.

So what, now you're a fudge packer?

That to one side, my point remains. Heterosexual men are firmly part of the enforcing group in society and the fact that the positive ones find life a little challenging is neither here nor there.

Because last I checked having HIV is no big deal.

MtD

Offline mpositive

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2010, 09:53:48 am »
It really is incredible.  Matt, you took my original post and turned it into a hateful thing.  
Even your reply to me again, was all nasty and sarcastic.  You need to get over it already.  Not EVERYONE that is straight is like that.  Oh, and Cappuccino does not go with Steak, eggs and bacon, yes, but steak no.  

JG - I specifically wrote  "I know you did not use those words, but it is extremely obvious to anyone with a half a brain what your intentions are and it really sucks" .  
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 09:55:48 am by mpositive »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2010, 09:59:26 am »
It really is incredible.  Matt, you took my original post and turned it into a hateful thing. 

Well I try not to hide my light under a bushel.

Even your reply to me again, was all nasty and sarcastic.

Maybe, but one man's "nasty and sarcastic" is another man's "witty and endearing". It's all about perspective, I suppose.

You need to get over it already.  Not EVERYONE that is straight is like that.  Oh, and Cappuccino does not go with Steak, eggs and bacon, yes, but steak no.   

What about chorizo? Does cappuccino go with that? I hope so. I do love a good, spicy throbbing chorizo in the morning.

Amongst other places.

Sam, I specifically wrote  "I know you did not use those words, but it is extremely obvious to anyone with a half a brain what your intentions are and it really sucks" . 

No doubt. :)

MtD

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2010, 10:10:11 am »
That to one side, my point remains. Heterosexual men are firmly part of the enforcing group in society and the fact that the positive ones find life a little challenging is neither here nor there.

neither here nor there? LOL (No I mean it, I actually laughed)  Are you implying it kind of makes things just?  You know kinda like sweet redemption.....  I'm sorry I can't find the helpful correlation between Mpos's difficulties and the Lord of Lords and ever so powerful straight male syndrome you proposed above, why don't we just throw whitey in there too?

Cuz you know they say the white heterosexual male is the most hated of all.  So they say...

But I digress, I know it's a combination of Mpos's own feelings regarding his  status, problems he's had with this issue, and comments like yours that make this even more of a problem for his psyche.  So where does he go?  I use to talk to myself in the mirror in these situations....

Mpos,

I'll be honest.  I never had these issues and as a result never had to present them here.  I have seen this problem brought up by straight males quite often and I wonder how much of this problem was occuring before being diagnosed.  It's the reason I asked above "are you just having problems finding pos women?", because that would be something totally out of your control.

Offline sam66

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2010, 10:15:01 am »
             MPoz,
                        Go easy bro, dont start a war , we'r outnumberd here, and my ammo is runnig low :-\

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2010, 10:18:01 am »
             MPoz,
                        Go easy bro, dont start a war , we'r outnumberd here, and my ammo is runnig low :-\

That's not true.... this mentality is part of the problem.

Mpos, here look at this (with volume up).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYiB3-0V6Yg

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2010, 10:22:06 am »
neither here nor there? LOL (No I mean it, I actually laughed)  Are you implying it kind of makes things just?  You know kinda like sweet redemption.....  I'm sorry I can't find the helpful correlation between Mpos's difficulties and the Lord of Lords and ever so powerful straight male syndrome you proposed above, why don't we just throw whitey in there too?

Are you sure you laughed? It might have just been a fart.

Who said anything about this being just? I never set out to make "helpful correlations" (going to community college has made you such a clever chap), rather just some pointed and prescient observations.

Cuz you know they say the white heterosexual male is the most hated of all.  So they say...

Glenn Beck speaks of little else.

But I digress, I know it's a combination of Mpos's own feelings regarding his  status, problems he's had with this issue, and comments like yours that make this even more of a problem for his psyche.  So where does he go?  I use to talk to myself in the mirror in these situations....

Then why not lend him your mirror? If you do, be sure to wipe it down first.

MtD

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2010, 10:24:06 am »

I'm sorry I was watching the video.... wow, I can type this with one hand!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2010, 10:28:05 am »
  I'm sorry I was watching the video.... wow, I can type this with one hand!

Make sure you give it back when you're done. :)

MtD

Offline mpositive

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2010, 10:32:16 am »
Sam, you are right ... sorta.... we may be outnumbered straight<gay, but I believe Matt is outnumbered "Common sense">MTD" .  ;)

Offline mpositive

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2010, 10:32:40 am »
Too funny,,,  ;)

Offline sam66

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2010, 10:34:34 am »

wow, how does she do that :o

Offline mpositive

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2010, 10:35:16 am »
Ok, I am gonna drop this...thanks Skeebs.

Loved that video...I want one of those for Xmas!!  NOW!  Been too damn long....

Offline mpositive

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2010, 10:36:18 am »
sam, I was wondering the same thing....I am sitting at my desk, headphones on, with a privacy screen....shhh!  Wow!  What a bootie!

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2010, 10:36:41 am »

wow, how does she do that :o

You boys never been to Club Rolex down in Miami, huh?

Offline sam66

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2010, 10:40:50 am »

Glad u pulled back from the brink, Mpos,  thought  my ass was dead, phew :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.