Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:24:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 380
Total: 381

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies and Gentlemen  (Read 9901 times)

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
Ladies and Gentlemen
« on: January 31, 2007, 10:13:53 pm »
Mad props go out to twofires!! I just got the first peek at the millionaidsmarch.org page.
I feel like a kid at Christmas, and a new mother all over again. How exciting!!!
Patrick is the MAN!!!
Thank-you a thousand times over. God, I wish there was somebody here to hug, other than the dog.
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Ladies and Gentlemen
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 09:17:46 am »
Lisa, is this page up now? I keyed it in and couldn't get to it. If it's up I want to mention it at the ACT UP planning meeting tonight.
Andy Velez

Offline Lisa

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 12:24:13 pm »
[url http://www.millionaidsmarch.org/forum/index.php] [/url]
Hi Andy
 I hope I did this right.
Not functional yet, but he sent me the work he has done so far.
Of course, there is so much more to do, but I'm just tickled pink. ;D

edit#1/Well poop! Now you know why I begged Patrick to help me! I am hopelessly technologically challenged.
edit#2 Wheeeeeeee it worked. Now I need a nap.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 12:27:53 pm by Lisa »

Offline bear60

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 12:32:47 pm »
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Lisa

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 01:05:12 pm »
Me again.
I've been trying to get to the appropriate person to talk to in the Law School at Wake Forest, to help me with advice on the corporation paperwork in order to get the non-profit stuff going. While that is being acted on, I'll be whoring myself to a .org that is established, to beg to hover under their umbrella.
And to be transparent, I can't think of any org I'd rather ask than the one so near, and dear to all of our hearts.
The Law School offers a free legal clinic, and hopefully I can get them on board for a promise.

Offline Lisa

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 01:05:47 pm »
Thanks Bear.

Offline Lisa

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 06:56:29 pm »
New NEWS!
Patrick has not only created the site, but now made it available for registration, and we are asking if there are people with enough techno knowledge, heart, and time to volunteer as Moderators.
Anyone willing to step up?
This is important. At some point down the road this site will hummmmmmm with people exchanging ideas, and ride info. We're just trying to keep it from becoming a free-for-all.  No abusive language, no personal attacks, most of the tenets enjoyed here.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 07:08:01 pm »
Checked it out and registered. I know I sound like a broken record but I think THunter would make a fabu moderator. I am too clumsy and not nearly patient enough. That said put me to work in any way you see fit...I guess as this grows we can start posting lists of to-do's.

Hal

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 07:22:46 pm »
I just went there and registered as thunter34 (how original, eh?).  I was about to register as POZ2Consider (wanted to use that name for awhile now), but figured it would make for better identifiability if I just used the same name as on here.  But for the record, I am no longer 34.  *Le sigh*

I have some heart and time, though I am not especially techno-savvy.

(I am also touched that I have such a show of support from Auntie Doxie.) 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 05:59:29 am »
 ;)

Offline Lisa

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 12:57:58 pm »
I am not familiar enough with how savvie one needs to be per se, but I think I remember Patrick saying that this platform is relatively friendly.
I'm going to contact him, and see if he can help us get a better idea.
I have spoken to Robert(Boo Radley) a few times about this, and I think he would be really good for this kind of job, but I haven't asked him yet.
Hang with me for a couple of days, and we'll try to get an idea of how this is done.
I would love to ask newt, but don't know whether he has the time, or inclination.
I know he is insanely smart about all things computer.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 03:37:04 pm »
Lisa, very good to see the site up and running.

What are you envisioning as the needs for moderators?

Good idea about asking the Law school for some pro bono help.

Happy Friday,

Andy
Andy Velez

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 12:07:57 pm »
Hey Lisa,

I'm signed up and I chose the screen name Sonomabeach...  Did I ever tell you there  is no beach in in California named Sonoma Beach ?  My parents used to say that when they were mad.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 12:40:38 pm »
Lisa baby....

I love you
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.