Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:45:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 211
Total: 211

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Thread Part XXXV- I Haven't Got Time for the Pain  (Read 70408 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Dating Thread Part XXXV- I Haven't Got Time for the Pain
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2008, 07:08:31 am »
Morning ladies,

Wilted, to answer your question.  A couple men I have been in relationships with since testing pozitive didn't wear condoms and they're HIV-.  They both knew about me being poz.  They just didn't want to wear them.  I also had a relationship with a woman, but we always used protection (dental dams etc).  Oh, welcome to the ladies forum.

Drag, I'm excited for you to get your ring!  And I'm really happy to hear of your fiances new job.  That's great.  I know you're relieved.  My knees still ache, just not like they did when I was doing all that walking.  And, I'm wearing the brace on my left knee and it works well for extra support. 

Today I'm going to see the Native American man who did healing ceremonies on me before.  Yesterday's cookout went well.  It was really hot, though.  I was outside from like 11:30 until 5:30, and had a headache when we came in, I suppose from the heat.  I had a steak and Alex made fish for he and Joe (my other Indian friend).  And he also made corn on the cob, and I made baked potatoes.  Joe brought me over a couple Kachina dolls (I suppose you can google these if you want to know what they are), which was really nice of him.  To buy them at like a novelty shop would cost well over $100 a doll.  I suppose they'd be cheaper from a Native American shop, dunno.  I have four big ones and one little one.  Alex gave me a bowl/dish (which you can tell is hand-made) that I'll probably use to burn sage (or cedar) in.  He also gave me a medicine bag.  And a book of Native American literature.  It's a really good book.  All stories written by Indians.  So, things have been going alright.  I might go to an NA meeting later, not sure yet.

Other than that, nothing else going on right now.  I tried to call Cristy the other day; left a message and haven't heard back yet.  I might call her later.  I hope Tendai's alright.  Missing everyone else!   I'll probably be back later.  I hope you ladies have a good morning.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline vivyt

« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2008, 11:30:56 am »
Good Morning! Just stopping by to say Hi!   :) I have been sooooo busy with end of the year stuff. I HATE all the paperwork and filing.....YUCK! Next week is it for me.... ;D ;D

In regards to the hetro-male question:
My ex definitely did not engage in other activities that would expose him to HIV. He was however with many women and he does not like to use protection. Because of this I am certain he contracted HIV from another woman. Of course, he still has not admitted he has it even though he knows I do and we have had sex since my diagnosis. Whatever....can lead a horse to water....

Well ladies-gotta do my laundry and get some paperwork done. Have a great day!

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2008, 02:03:32 pm »
Hi GFs~

Drag, congrats on getting your ring!  I was very happy to read that!

Sorry I have been away, I have been dealing with health issues and trying not to worry too much.  My stomach muscles (or lipo-lack thereof) are hurting.  I'm thinking its from when I rolled over one morning and it felt like I tore the hell out of something.  This happens at least once a week, where I awaken and roll over to stretch and my tummy gets strained.  I just really seemed to have knocked it for a loop and it hurts all day long now, kinda burns below my belly-button.  I am also thinking that my fibroids may be back but this really feels different.  I go see docs the first week of July.

Work is OK, I turned those two bitches in a few weeks ago for being so annoying and they are just starting to look at me again.  I don't care.  Iceman is wonderful.  He has his kids this weekend.  I am staying in the AC with Cheech, filing away papers in my spare bedroom.  No way am I going outside!  Its 94 degrees right now with a heat index of 101.  Its supposed to hit 103 on Monday, wonder what THAT heat index will be.

Stay cool, GFs.   ;D

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2008, 09:48:18 pm »
Congratulations Drag!

Offline WiltedRose

« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2008, 11:41:06 pm »
For all of you gals who have answered my question up to this point, thanks!  I really appreciate it.  It's not something I'm proud of and I'm really glad that there is somewhere I can go to ask these types of questions. 

Offline Veritee

• Post Natal Illness Support
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2008, 04:24:24 am »
Love to you Wilted

It is really a great place isn't it?

That you can ask what you like and respond as you really feel and not get judged
I hope my reply was OK - I can only respond here honestly as this is one of the few places I can

It is so complicated being HIV and involves so many feelings, on so many levels.

but I am just trying now to live my life as it will be from now on with as few regrets as I can - and quite honestly I used to suffer regrets and guilt for so many things but life is to short and I now do not bother with regrets etc on any deep level - but I still like to discuss and understand issues and process my internal understanding

So I hope the answers have been useful to you

Hope you are OK today- and that you will be back to join us more often
Hope everyone is OK

Veritee

I have a blog here, please do not judge me on what I say here- I need to offload and this is where I do it: http://hiv-and-us.blogspot.com/

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2008, 08:30:15 am »
Morning ladies,

Viv, good to hear from you!  How much longer before school's out, or is it already?

Cin, wow, it's been awhile.  I'm sorry to hear about your tummy.  Sometimes when I do abdominal exercises (I know, different thing) my belly muscles will ache for days and I can hardly lift my arms above my head.  I hope it clears up for you soon.  I'm glad things are still going well with Ice. I remember you telling us about those two bitches at work and reporting them.  How's the anemia thing going?  Did the doctor ever figure anything out?  You should check back in more often.  How's the new Insulin deal working for you?

Veritee, I like your idea about not having regrets and guilt.  You're right-life is too short.  I still mess up, but not like I used to (not lately, anyways). 

Nothing much to report here.  Yesterday I went to see John (the Indian who did the healing on me before).  When I was seeing him for the healing, he used to have all kinds of beautiful Indian artwork etc. all over.  He's married to someone else now, as his wife he had before died from cancer.  Anyway, the new wife doesn't like Native American stuff.  So, he has everything in one room.   Anyway, we talked for quite awhile, he gave me some cedar and sage and we talked some more.  When his new wife got home, he didn't do that much more talking about things.  But, we did have a good visit.  I was there for about 4 hours.  Alex went with me and he and John will be doing a sweat lodge in the future.  John did mention how he had testicular cancer and saw a medicine man from Canada who got rid of it. 

Other than that, I did watch "30 Days of Night" last night.  It was alright.  I don't think it had a very strong plot, so I didn't like it as well as like "Brahm Stoker's Dracula."  But, I guess it was a way to pass time last night.  It's supposed to be 90 here today and humid as hell.  I'll stay in the a/c I suppose.  Although today is supposed to be the NA sisterhood get-together we have every month. 

Lately, I've been having the runs in the morning.  I don't know if it's the Kaletra or what.  My sugar hasn't been high in ages, which used to cause me diarrhea.  In fact, I have to run to the bathroom right now.  I hope you ladies have a good day.  I might be back later.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2008, 10:53:50 am »
Hi BT and GFs~

To answer your questions, I am scheduled to go see a GI doc on 7/1 and my GYN on 7/2.  That should be a fun set of doc's visits.  I am scared to death of the GI doc because I am being referred to him for low iron.  I don't want an upper and lower GI done, the thought of fasting and cleansing and being put under is too much for a diabetic to bear.  I have been on iron supplements since March 1st and recently saw my primary to ask that he put an iron test on my lab slip for every 3 months.

I'll know more in a few weeks.  My primary is just scaring the hell  outta me, insisting that I am "bleeding somewhere" because of the low iron level last January.  Ugh.  We'll see how the sugars are doing, too.  I have gained about 15 lbs in 3 weeks, its been awful, but I think its from all of the stress at work.  Screw it, this too shall pass.

Going to Iceman's tonight for a cookout.  Yay!

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2008, 04:17:16 pm »
Good afternoon ladies,

Cin, I sure hope they can get things figured out without too much trauma for you.  I wouldn't want to get all cleaned out and get put under.  That is a bit much for a diabetic.  Hey, don't beat yourself up over 15 lbs.  Everything will even out.  Have fun at Ice's tonight. 

It's really stormy here.  It was fine about a 1/2 hour ago and then I looked outside and it was like night.  It's really blowing etc.  We're under a severe thunderstorm warning.  And it's only supposed to be not raining two days out of the upcoming week.  Waaaaa.

Nothing else exciting going on.  Joe is here and he and Alex are in the other room talking and watching t.v.  I'd like to lay down, but I live in an efficiency and I don't feel comfortable laying down and going to sleep in front of people.  I've been having problems lately with anxiety.  Just worrying.  My car is going to poop out sometime soon and there's nothing I can do about it.  Without a car I don't know how I'll get to the store etc.  We don't have a good mass transit system here.  If you want to get to the bus, you have to walk about 2 miles, then they do exchanges for about 4 hours what would take about 1/2 hour drive. 

OK, that's enough bitching for me.  Snow, where have you been?  Camms, Drag, Netta, Keeping, Wishful, Cristy etc.  I know Queen won't be on for awhile, and I miss her also.  You ladies have a good day. 

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2008, 06:35:27 pm »
Evening Ladies and Surprise----

I know no one was expecting to hear from me today. I am at my friend's house using his wifi but am using my laptop. So, I have just been looking over what I have been missing. Good to see you pop in Cindy but sorry to hear about the health issues you are going through, believe me, I can relate. I still have a colonoscopy set for August 1st and I am not looking forward to that. Having to fly to the bathroom from drinking that stuff then being on a liquid diet. The day of the procedure, I can't even take my meds so I am not sure how it is going to affect me. I know I will be running low sugars the day before because of the liquid diet.

Betty-- No, it was my gay friend's bf who was calling me the N word. I have nothing to say to him and does not accept his apology. He keeps blowing up my roomie's phone and coming by my house leaving letters for my gay friend. I am getting tired of it and had called the police station and asked what can be done, I plan on filing harassment charges against him. Though I would get more satisfaction just kicking his ass but I don't want to end up at the county with my son, so I'll just whip his ass legally.

I forget the person who asked about infection from a woman but I was under the impression that it is harder for a woman to infect a man, I think I heard that around the forums somewhere. But is even less if a person vl is low or undetectable, not to say it's not possible so I won't say that.

Where did Christy go and where has Tendai gone to? I am missing you all like crazy but it is going to take me a minute to get my cable and internet back unless my roomie gets it in her name whichever comes first. So, all of you take care of yourselves and I'll try to jump in when I can.

P.S. Someone needs to start a new thread.... ;)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 06:51:04 pm by Queen Tokelove »
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2008, 07:51:25 pm »
I'm tired or I would start a new thread.

I went out to the mall today and purchased a couple of outfits for the old man I work for's birthday. His paralysed brother asked me to do it for him. Used his credit card.
I looked for a new dress for me. Tried on 7 of them but I didn't like anything. Is it just me or does it seem that all women's clothing here for the last couple of years has ungodly prints?
I just wanted a simple single color dress that would hold my boobs in and be at least knee length and not look like I was ready to set sail for some Caribbean island and not be see thru.

I tried a new recipe this evening. Amish baked chicken. I hated it. It was too rich. yuck.
I cut all the breading off and it was edible. I made potato wedges with caramelised onions, steamed broccoli and carrots too.
I'm throwing the recipe card out of my recipe box for that chicken.

I just took my meds and I'm going to chill for the rest of the evening.  My legs are sore.

LOL bitch bitch bitch

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2008, 07:16:07 am »
Good morning ladies,

Queen, great to hear from you!  I didn't know it was your gay friend's bf.  I wouldn't accept his apology either.  I don't understand how some people can be such ass-holes. 

Wendy, just south of the next city over (to the east) it's Amish country.  They have a place there called "Amish Acres."  It's like a place to go and look at the work they do (quilts, etc) and they have a restaurant there.  They bring tons of food and keep bringing it.  When I went to the last convention, we drove through a few places where all there were were people in horses and buggies.  I don't know about today's dresses.  It's been so long since I shopped for actual new clothes.  I go to Goodwill or Salvation Army. 

I'm going to call the phone company today about checking out their prices etc. on internet and phone.  I'm paying way too much with the cable company.  I mean way too much.  So, I might be making a switch before long.  I can't stand paying almost 1/2 my check to them every month for internet, phone and t.v.  With the phone company, they have satellite, which I might ask about also.  I don't know how my landlord would feel about that though.  I guess it never hurts to ask.  Other than that, I'm going to take a movie back to the library that was due back Friday.  I don't want to get too many fines accumulated.  Nothing else going on, at least right now.  I hope you ladies have a good morning.  I'll probably be back later.

Edited to add: When trying to attach something using the "additional options," how do you do that?  I tried and when opened something and tried to post it, it said "body of message was empty."
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 07:40:07 am by Bettytacy »

Offline vivyt

« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2008, 08:16:24 am »
Not much happening. This is my last week. Today the 5th grade is going on a field trip to see "Prince Caspian" at the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood. Usually we go to the IMAX and the science museum which gets old, so I am excited about this. It seems like the closer the end of the year is the more there is to do... ???  Thursday is the 5th grade promotion which is the kids last day. The teachers come back on Friday to pack up the classroom. Every year I tell myself that I am going to be super organized when I put stuff away but I always reach a point where I just throw things in boxes and put them in the closet...so bad!

Anyways...that's all! I'll let you know how it went today  :)

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2008, 02:24:48 pm »
Edited to add: When trying to attach something using the "additional options," how do you do that?  I tried and when opened something and tried to post it, it said "body of message was empty."

Step one: Click Additional Options located under the box where you type your message.
Step two: Click the Browse button.
Step three: Locate the picture you want to insert and click on it  Then click open

Thats it. all you have to do is post your message.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #114 on: June 09, 2008, 02:42:54 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Well, I still don't know where everyone is at (the ones who have been MIA for awhile).

Viv, thanks for checking in.  So, you're getting down to the wire, eh?

Wendy, I tried steps 1, 2, and 3, but maybe I have to write something to post the pictures?  I opened the pics and hit "post," but it said the message was empty.  I'll try again.  If it works, the first picture is of me, my 2nd husband and my daughter, back when I had big hair.  Well, maybe that's all I try and post right now. I'm not sure how to configure it to look bigger, but here goes.  Edited to add:  omg, it worked!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #115 on: June 09, 2008, 06:07:06 pm »
LOL Yeahhhh it worked

Love the big hair  ;D

Your daughter looks cute but not real pleased to be having her picture taken.

Thanks for sharing your memories.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #116 on: June 09, 2008, 06:13:27 pm »
Here's one of me when I had the wasting (yeah, I'm the one with coffee and a cigarette)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2008, 06:14:32 pm »
OK, just a couple more.  The first one is my mum.  The 2nd one is my daughter and granddaughter.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2008, 06:15:29 pm »
You where as skinny as I was in the wasting picture I posted of me up there.

I think I have that microwave behind you in my son's apartment LOL
His girlfriend was so excited today she said the light in it started working again.

Modified because we posted at the same time

BEAUTIFUL!

Your moms eyes are gorgeous.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2008, 06:20:43 pm »
Hey Wendy, thanks for the comments about my mum's eyes.  Yeah, I miss her.

Tell your son's gf I understand the excitement of having lights in things you're cooking in (hee).

Offline Veritee

« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2008, 03:30:13 am »
Good morning as it is my morning - 8.11am - no idea what time it is for the rest of you except Drag as there it is probably the same or near to here

Its lovely to see photos of people that post here as it really helps me to put faces to stories and news. You were both so thin Betty and Wini

I have to confess that I did have a brief thought that if HIV or the medication did have the effect of making me lose some weight it would be a small positive  >:( but then I dismissed this thought as daft,  as I have been really thin through illness in my life a few times before ( not then HIV) and of course it is not a good thing. But I have found it annoying that after a lifetime of being slim in the last 3 years my weight has shot up - and for no reason as I really do not eat any more and I am still very active.

But funny enough I have a picture of me when I was very thin too

But this was due to my then recovering from an operation where I had been very ill - nearly died of a gangrenous appendicitis - and the fact I suffer various intolerance and for a long time I did not know exactly what was making me so sick, so I became far too thin - happily once I worked out everything I could not eat or handle, my weight has been fine - and I am now too big :(. Barry in the picture was quite plump for him at the time!

It is helpful to me to see people with HIV can regain their weight as Barry is still very thin and I am hoping the HIV meds will help.
They have in a way as he is eating a lot more and has gained weight, but unfortunately not all over but just on his tummy :( He has always been slim and has never had a pot tummy, but now he is thin with a big tummy!!
I hope he puts weight on more evenly soon

Your daughter Betty is dark like mine and looks lovely and the big hair was very big!!

I like your big hair - I tried for big hair when it was fashionable  but my hair never cooperated

I hope everyone is OK today?

Veritee

( I edit a lot because of my bad spelling - dislexia - which even the spell check misses often )
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 03:51:18 am by Veritee »
I have a blog here, please do not judge me on what I say here- I need to offload and this is where I do it: http://hiv-and-us.blogspot.com/

Offline Veritee

« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2008, 04:09:10 am »
I thought I would share one more recent of Barry when he was so fit and healthy, before HIV got to him.

It does upset me that one act of sex has led to my losing the always so fit and healthy man I married! He always enjoyed such good health, far more than me as I have had many operations and have not always been healthy, but until HIV, even though he was getting older he was just so very fit, never ill anytime and had never been into hospital and had only seen a doctor about twice in 20 years!
It does hurt me to see him as he is now and him having so many health difficulties........and for what - one brief moment of dubious pleasure - as he says he did not in fact enjoy it!! - I do not know if I beleve him and in a way woudl rather he had!! but such a waste anyway  and just so avoidable

One of me with my dogs in the garden the other day:

Sorry that the pics are too big - I use photobucket and have not figured out to do what the rest of you have here i.e have them small in the post so you can click on them and make they bigger in a pop up window to view

I will figure it out soon
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 05:21:02 am by Veritee »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2008, 07:10:55 am »
Morning ladies:

Veritee, I don't know how to use photobucket, so you're one step ahead of me.  I have a scanner on my printer, and my brother's girilfriend came over and set up the program in it and showed me how to use it.  I don't have a clue when it comes to these types of things.  You were very thin in that picture.  Your husband is handsome and I love that picture of you and your dogs.  My daughter's father was Native American and Hispanic.  So she's not as dark as a full-blood, but she did get some nice skin coloring from him. 

I sure wish I knew where everyone's at.  I'm going to try to get ahold of Cristy again today and see if I can reach her.  I don't have much else planned today.  In fact, I don't think I have squat else planned. 

Since I'm not going to be at my ASO anymore, I filled out a volunteer application online for a local homeless shelter, and on the 16th is volunteer orientation.  I have to do something with the summer besides sitting around reading and watching t.v.   School doesn't start again until the beginning of September.

I had gotten some tobacco a few days ago and some papers.  I have never been able to roll.  When I was a teen-ager and smoking pot, I had pipes, of all kinds.  I tried to roll a cigarette yesterday and didn't do too well.  So, I went to the tobacco store and got one of those little rolling things for $3.  It works alright, when I do it right.  It's all very frustrating, but it's much cheaper than buying cigarettes by the pack. 

I hope you ladies have a good morning.  I hope we get more activity today. :-\

Offline vivyt

« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2008, 08:30:46 am »
Good Morning-

Love all the pictures! It is nice to have a face with the names. Well yesterday went well. It was long and hot! The movie was good and the kids behaved themselves. This week there is so much for me to do and not enough time to complete it. I am putting the little books together for the kids and it is taking me longer then expected...uugghhh! I will get it done today! I will get it done today! Maybe saying it more than once will make it happen... :) Gotta go!

Offline Veritee

« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2008, 11:10:34 am »
I am quite new here

But are there a lot of those who have used the womans section for a while missing?

If so I do hope they are not feeling they can not post for some reason or another

Hope they are all OK

Veritee
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 01:11:00 pm by Veritee »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2008, 01:35:00 pm »
They are probably just busy. I know Queen isn't connected to the internet at the moment and pops in when she can.

They will come back eventually.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2008, 07:03:06 pm »
Evening ladies,

Viv, well, I hope you got it done!

Veritee, yes there are different women here.  I'm assuming, like Wendy said, they're busy.  Eventually some will come back.  I do miss our regulars, though.

Today was a totally boring-ass day.  The only time I went out was to get papers to roll my cigarettes with.  I did some housework and napped for a bit.  That's about it.  I suppose my life just isn't exciting at the moment.  But, trust, if it does get exciting anytime soon, I'll let everyone know. 

I'll be back in the morning.  I hope all our MIAs are doing well.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #127 on: June 10, 2008, 07:58:15 pm »
Hey Guys-
Hope everyone is doing well, staying cool or warm, depending on where you are.  It is hot as H-E double hockey sticks here.  I have been trying to keep up with everyone but haven't really had time to write.  I love everyone pics they put up, maybe someday I will grow some balls and post one too.  :-\  My car has been acting up and not starting the last couple of days so that I have had to have someone else take me to pick the trip  lets up from school, not fun, at all.  I have an appointment Friday to hopefully get it fixed but I hope I can get it in before then.
I finally found out how SB got infected in the first place.  I was talking to his wife and she said that he told her that he and his ex-wife (the one that died) used to shoot up.  He told her this after he had her filling out all kinds of paperwork for him  to send to the ex so that they could get married.  All the while ,he knew the person she was filling this paperwork out for was already dead, he is such an ass, had he running around for nothing.  He went to court again yesterday and the lawyer wanted it moved to the other town he had violated in because he knew the judge there was more lenient, so who knows if he will get anymore time added on.

Betty- I hope things work out with the homeless shelter, that would be nice to be able to get out of the house.  What kind of classes do you have to take when school starts back up?

Veritee- Your husband is handsome, he reminds me of one of the designers on Trading Spaces.

Moon- I hope that you are feeling better.

Viv-  How is the weather where you are?  They have actually let some of the schools out for early dismissal because of the heat.  That never happened when I was in school.

Win- Hows your turtle?  We found another one in the yard today.  I am going to take it into school for the teacher, she wants one to be a companion for the one she has at home in a pond.  How did things work out with the landlord?

Drag- I hope work is going well!

Sorry, if I missed anyone, I have been suffering from CRS(Can't Remember Shit) a lot lately.  I don't want to screw up and loose my post if I flip pages, maybe I will try to see if I can figure out what the next Roman Numeral is and start a new thread.
Everyone have a good night.

Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2008, 09:10:07 pm »
The turtle is fine. I saw him today waking past the back door.
The landlord thing I'm still ignoring because it hasn't been 13 days yet. But he hasn't mailed me a itemised list for damages. So that is a good thing.

We had a blow out with my step son's gf today. Billy has noticed some of his meds missing the last couple of months. Pain meds. She was over today doing laundry and he forgot to lock our bedroom door when he left leaving her alone in the house. When I got home I checked my hyrdocodone and saw there where some missing. I peeked in her purse and saw a pill bottle and I looked in it there was a mixture of my hydrocodone and his muscle relaxers and other pain meds in it.

Billy confronted her outside and she admitted to taking them and apologised but I had to leave while that was happening to go pick up Aaron from school so I didn't get to way in on the confrontation.
When I got back I found out she had apologised but not given him the bottle of pills. I blew a fuse and we went over to her apartment so I could talk to her.
I went in and told her to give me the bottle. Of course she says she flushed them. I said ok, show me the bottle. She got sassy with me and tried to refuse to show me and I yelled at her, grabbed her purse and started going thru it in front of her.
She finally got up and got the bottle out of the bathroom. It was empty.
But I'm not sure she really flushed it. Nothing I can do about it aside from not allow her in my house alone again.
She said she is going to get help. <shrug> I hope she does.

She likely has a stash of our pills somewhere in the house. We have roughly 90 muscle relaxers missing and god only knows how many pain meds. Their bathroom smells like pot. So I know they smoke weed in there.
Last month I had 5 Reytaz missing. I hope she enjoyed them. LOL

Thats pretty much it for my day aside from the horrible diarrhea I got after yelling at her. I was so mad I was shaking. If I didn't give a damn about her I could have beaten the living hell out of her.

I'm not a violent person but I have one hell of a temper.

Offline Veritee

« Reply #129 on: June 11, 2008, 03:42:11 am »
Hi All

As you know I have run another forum for about 10 years and we do find at times that those who have been regulars stop posting so much or even leave altogether and others then become regulars . In a way because I started it I am probably the only consistent person - the only one left from years ago or even the last couple of years :(

I do always find it so sad when this happens and people move on as I have felt I knew them as friends so when someone stops posting all the time it is like a friend moving far away - but I guess people have to do this and it is nothing to do with those still on the forum - still sad though.

But I suppose this other forum is different as women do recover from Post Natal Illness ( Post Natal Mood Disorder) and so we guess this is why they move on

We will not recover from HIV unfortunately but I guess the focus of our lives can change?

Winiroo - oh what a difficult one with your step sons gf!!!!!

I must admit I can understand taking many other 'recreational' drugs and as a young women took/tried  a few of what was available then, but never painkillers for fun, I suppose because I have always had to take painkillers for pain and HATE the feeling they give you. ( well I quite liked morphine but would never take it recreationally as it feels nice when you are in pain btu feels very different when you are not)

But personally I would not accept the 'sorry I have a problem' excuse. After all even if she has, she stole theses painkillers off of you and that shows no respect for you or your situation. If she has a problem she can buy them on the street as everyone else has to or find a doggy doctor who will prescribe them to her directly................ there is no excuse for taking them of of her bf's step mum and his dad.

I do not know about there but here in the UK I beleve if someone without a 'script' for such painkillers is found with them, the person who they were supplied to on a script, can be prosecuted for supplying drugs or misusing prescribed drugs and it is damn hard to prove that you did not sell them, As apparently a lot on theses sorts of painkillers do sell them so they do nto easily accept that you did not sell them to the person who is taking them.

Also I guess over there you pay for your drugs - unlike here - so in effect she is stealing quite a lot off of you both?

I would be mad - I really would.

Sorry about the diarrhea, I get this a lot and hate it , I have not noticed it is related to getting upset but it could be??

I feel very sick this morning - have done since yesterday evening - I get this a lot too.

Hi Snow - it makes everythign so much harder when your car does not work doesn't it?? My radiator burst last week and I spent more than a week without a car and had to get lifts - Bary has a car but I can not drive it because of my injury to my legs I have to drive an automatic - I hate relying on others for transport - I hope you get it fixed soon

I guess it is at least a bit helpful to know how the SB got infected?? What an ass making his current partner try to trace someone he knew to be already dead!! I mean what was the point??

I do not know if we get ' Trading Spaces'? I will look it up on the web I suppose he is handsome in a bald head sort of way!! or was, I am afraid he dose snot look so good at the moment - oh well!!

When I do smoke Betty I roll my own, much cheaper- which I do intermittently, I was smoking most of the week before last but now have not smoked for over 2 weeks. It is one thing I can start and stop easily so do not relaly know why I do it at all. It is usually Barry who starts me off as he keeps smoking even though he has been told it is very bad for him with PCP.
The weather for the UK is great at the moment

We are very lucky that we do not usually get extremes of weather - not too hot and no too cold - but it is early summer now and just so nice when the sun shines.

I hope tende is OK in Zimbabee? I do worry about her, that Mum's enjoying her holiday and and everyone else I have not mentioned is OK?

Veritee XX

« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 03:57:37 am by Veritee »

tendai

« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2008, 04:06:30 am »
Hi! I've started a new thread. Lets close this one..

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.