Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:53:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 498
Total: 498

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: HIV: does it make u feel sometime horny ?  (Read 16096 times)

Offline John2038

• Happiness is a journey, not a destination.
    • HIV Research News (Twitter)
HIV: does it make u feel sometime horny ?
« on: March 02, 2008, 06:28:49 am »
Just wondering..

Offline lucas clay

Re: HIV: does it make u feel sometime horny ?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 06:38:48 am »
Oh lord no.
Makes me feel like I'm less of a person most of the time.
Makes me feel like I'm hiding from the world.
 Makes me feel that if someone knows I'm pos they would not want to sit in the same room with me.
They would be afraid i might breathe on them.
Living with hiv?
 This is living?
                                           Lucas

Offline scud44

• I am watching you
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 06:51:41 am »
Well said Lucas!

Regards
Scuddly
CD4 = 110 - 30 July 2007 - 10%
VL = 139000 - 30 July 2007
CD4 = 252 - 6th August 2007
VL = 16400 - 23rd August 2007
CD4 = 240 - 23rd August 2007
VL = 400 4th Sept 2007
CD4 = 96 - 4th Sept 2007
CD4 = 120 18th Sept 2007
VL = 386000 19th Nov 2007
CD4 = 160 19th Nov 2007
CD4 = 110 10th Jan 2008
CD4 = 311 29th Jan 2008
VL = <50 29th Jan 2008
CD4 = 148 2nd April 2008
VL = 110,000 2nd April 2008
June 2010 and nothing has improved

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 08:52:37 am »
Just wondering..

Oh sure!  Yeah!  Diabetes, Leukemia and Multiple Sclerosis tend to do the same thing.

HOT.  Nothing like a good OI to get me sporting wood.

(good grief)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 09:00:13 am by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 09:20:34 am »
John-

I gotta say this little thread of yours is burning my burger a bit.  I'm afraid "just wondering" ain't gonna cut it here. 

I think you need to explain yourself regarding the nature of this thread - because as it is, it's highly creepy and borderline offensive. 

WTF?  I'm just not getting you at all with this.  And I'm getting a little weary here because this seems to be the case most every time you plop a post down around here.  And don't try coming back here with that "if you no like what post me make kindy pass ignore please" or whatever.   

This one deserves some explanation. 

Tim
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline lucas clay

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 09:32:44 am »
John-

I gotta say this little thread of yours is burning my burger a bit.  I'm afraid "just wondering" ain't gonna cut it here. 

I think you need to explain yourself regarding the nature of this thread - because as it is, it's highly creepy and borderline offensive. 

WTF?  I'm just not getting you at all with this.  And I'm getting a little weary here because this seems to be the case most every time you plop a post down around here.  And don't try coming back here with that "if you no like what post me make kindy pass ignore please" or whatever.   

This one deserves some explanation. 

Tim

Tim
Thanks, And i just thought it was me being in a funk.

( love ya man)
                                                        Lucas

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 09:34:37 am »
Tim
Thanks, And i just thought it was me being in a funk.

( love ya man)
                                                        Lucas

I love you, too.  (::plants kisses on forehead::)

And no, it isn't just you. 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 10:04:23 am »
Approaching five years...never.

Question for you, John...since dx have you seen or are you seeing a counselor?

Offline DCGUY2007

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 10:47:02 am »
I totally agree with Lucas earlier comment...and today I'm really feeling like that  :(

Makes me feel that if someone knows I'm pos they would not want to sit in the same room with me.
Living with hiv?
 This is living?
                                           Lucas

Offline planonstaying

• Hiv is the FOX,tcells the rabbit, CALL the HOUNDS!
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 10:50:44 am »
Oh lord no.
Living with hiv?
 This is living?
                                           Lucas

That about sums it up
AVG sexual encounter:
he: Wow you are hot I'd like to get together
me: yeah but i have to tell you i am hiv poz
he1: um yeah <awkwardly> I just cant handle that sorry
he2: total silence  and now ignoring me
he3: talfs politely a few minutes then says i am not his type sorry

OH YEAH BABY THAT MAKES ME FEEL SO HORNY GETTING REJECTED  ALWAYS DOES <sic>
I feel like a leper...hell i am the 21st century version.
pfft sexy it makes me feel exactly like the quote only I am living but a 6th century hermit monk probably  went out  with people more than I do.
I am shocked and can't comprehend how  HIV would make anyone feel horny. What's that come from? Do you disclose?
If someone tells you  potential consequences of a behavior  it  doesn't  mean they jude you or mit    they may just give a shit about you

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 10:50:57 am »
um, for me it's not the hiv, it's usually athletic dudes in cotton briefs

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 11:21:00 am »
What.

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 12:01:42 pm »
In a word:  no.  HIV has made me feel a lot of ways, but horny isn't among them.

I think you need to elaborate more on how you connect HIV with feeling horny.
Or, are you just trying to stir the pot here?

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline Betty

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 12:26:48 pm »
Henry I was thinking the same thing about " stirring the pot".   

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 01:02:04 pm »
I think you need to elaborate more on how you connect HIV with feeling horny.
Or, are you just trying to stir the pot here?

Henry

Preach it, brother. 

If anything, this thread appears to be working fantastically at reminding many of us how remarkably unsexy we frequently feel.

Gee.  Thanks for that.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 01:05:53 pm by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline ademas

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 01:03:22 pm »
stirring the pot, or just not getting enough attention...

Offline mjmel

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 01:31:32 pm »
No!
John, still wondering?
(I'm thinking you mis-worded your curiosity quest since your first language is not English.)

Mike
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 01:36:28 pm by mjmel »

Offline wetsand

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2008, 01:43:26 pm »
No having Aids doesn't make me feel horny.  Being alive makes me feel horny.  All my life i have been a horny person.  The only time I wasn't horny was when i got sick, a cold or the flu.  Injuries couldn't slow me down even.  But when I got this virus and felt crappy and then was diagnosed, I wasn't horny.  I felt more like spoiled fruit, wholly unattractive.  Who would want me?  I was situationally depressed, so no, I wasn't in the mood.  But as time goes on a little and my head gets a little clearer, I do think about sex.  And I miss intimacy like a junkie that went cold turkey.  Lying naked in an afterglow talking.  But I have been on the meds 6 weeks and am feeling better, more energy and happier, more hopeful.  And with that comes a little horniness, but form feeling better, not the meds, not the virus.  Went my nephew's party Last night, met all his Friends form his NarcAnon group.  Wide range of people, gay, st8, guys, girls, blurs, young to middle ages.  Nice mix, fun talking to them.  In doing party favor prep in a small kitchen I found myself next to a Lovely thing. She was just my sort, a little extra around the boobs, bottom and belly which her shirt didn't quite cove, that line of skin exposed. Um what that did to me, tweaked a twinge in my jeans. I made some off hand remark she found amusing and laughed, then looked up at me with that clear-eyed, attractant look made me wonder, think I could make a move and it would be accepted.  But then I thought of how the conversation might go until it got to a point of...well, I'm positive.  And then I acted like I was clueless and shy.  Horny I feel, sexy I don't.  

Offline LPinUK

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2008, 01:52:43 pm »
Possibly the most ridiculous question I have ever read on this forum.
Diagnosed Poz September 2003, Current Regimen Truvada & Sustiva.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2008, 02:18:10 pm »
I won't even justify the question with an answer. And I don't think it's a problem with communication either. I agree with Henry and the other that this thread is an attempt at gaining some attention and possibly cause some problems. For those who chose to answer John's question that is fine but I can't help but feel angry because he has caused some to be in a funk because of his question. Funny that when asking the question, he didn't attempt to answer it. This is screaming for a moderator to step in and thus I am reporting it....

I would really like to say more and tear an new one into John but I will refrain and follow the advice given by Goderator Ann in another thread..... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2008, 02:27:53 pm »
John 2038,

Is english your primary language ?? I notice in your Bio, that you are a "European Guy" , So I am wondering if something is being lost here in translation,( or in how you posted this.) because I can understand that question two different ways. The way that most people have responded to you so far,

and....

I am understanding your question as asking, Does HIV sometimes take away from your sex drive. So maybe I will give you the benefit of the doubt, until you respond back to the others or myself.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2008, 03:14:41 pm »
OK guy. I'm going to ask you all to sit back and not respond to this thread anymore until things have been explained.

John judging from the responces that have had posted already I think maybe you need to come in and explain why you have asked such a question, you are on a time limit, I don't want to see this thread turn into a flamewar....but the chances are guys his question has already been answered by those who have already responded so he might not feel he needs to explain...if he doesn't then I will ask for the thread to be locked.

I can understand how a question like this would upset many here.

John when someone starts a thread like this a reason why the question was asked normally follows..where is yours?

It's disrepectful to the other members to come in with a "Just asking"...unless you are having problems yourself regarding this topic then it's really non of your business, all you have done so far is upset people.

Jan

« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 07:10:22 pm by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2008, 03:14:48 pm »
Yes, I will amend my previous post because HIV has just this morning made me feel "sometime horny".

Sometimes - you meet a guy with whom the attraction is mutual.

Sometimes - you haul out the inevitable disclosure speech only to get met with "yeah.  me, too."

And in that rarest of sometimes, an arousal may indeed stir in a way that you've almost forgotten you could feel.

Unrestrained, lustful, horny.

But altogether, I don't think this is something being added by HIV so much as the temporary relief of a burden being momentarily taken away.

In these rarest of sometimes, you find yourself suddenly and amazingly on a level field once again with a potential partner.  So much can then be let go - tons of weight taken off with a few ounces of dialogue.  

You get to shake off that ratty cloak of HIV you seem to always have to stay wrapped up in every time you walk out the door.  

And once you're able to strip down on that level - at last - well, being able to get comfortably down to that level of naked once again and still be able to feel "pretty" in some way can in fact draw out an intensity of arousal.  Borne out of comfort, I suppose.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 03:23:08 pm by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline tash08

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2008, 03:15:44 pm »
Should someone report this post as being offensive ???  I think it is so I'm reporting it too, hope this post will be removed soon
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 03:21:48 pm by tash08 »
01/04/06-HIV-
03/09/06-HIV+
05/07-Atripla
04/01/10 CD4-681, VL-UD
07/10/10 CD4-450, VL-UD
10/10/10 CD4-473, VL-UD
01/21/11 cd4-522, VL-UD
05/02/11 CD4-638, VL-UD <20 copies Hell yeah!
08/3/12 CD4-806, VL-UD

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2008, 03:18:54 pm »
Should someone report this post as being offensive ???

Moderator already advised above my last post.  Sorry, Jan - was already trucking that last post out before I saw your advisory. 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2008, 03:54:35 pm »
Sounds like the kind of question i would ask without going into the details of why i'm asking it.

Maybe John means the lack of sex? Or is it being horny because he's serosorting and bareback sex makes him hornier?

I know that I've had an elevated sex drive since I've been diagnosed. There's been lots of posts about being hornier than usual after diagnosis, maybe that's what he's referring to.

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2008, 03:59:02 pm »
Should someone report this post as being offensive ???  I think it is so I'm reporting it too, hope this post will be removed soon

You are not alone. I find it offensive too and reported it. Jan, has responded and all we can do is wait for an outcome which is an explanation from the person who posted it or a lockdown. Personally, I hoping for the latter.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2008, 04:49:57 pm »
Sounds like the kind of question i would ask without going into the details of why i'm asking it.

Well....yeah.  Actually, that did cross my mind.

There's been lots of posts about being hornier than usual after diagnosis, maybe that's what he's referring to.

There have?  I don't recall those.  Mostly, I've recalled people posting about withdrawing from sex and intimacy altogether post diagnosis.  Feeling less desirable and all that.  But that's certainly an interesting response to have happen - feeling hornier post diagnosis.  Unless you mean feeling hornier because you (like most of us) generally aren't getting much (or any) these days and you've got a lot of pent up frustration.  That much I can buy.  My best gal, Rosey Palm, doesn't even come through for me sometimes.  Guess we've overdosed on one another's company.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2008, 05:12:35 pm »
Possibly the most ridiculous question I have ever read on this forum.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline jabez

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2008, 06:00:43 pm »
No sir, HIV doesn't make me feel sometime horny.  But it definitely makes me feel sometimes HUNGRY.  I've been eating like a pig today.  (Oink, oink.)
Sept 2007 -- CD4 = 68; VL = 469,000
Started Atripla Sept 21, 2007
Nov 2007-CD4=217;VL=332
Feb 2008-CD4=237;VL=<50
Apr 2008-CD4=271;VL=66
Aug 2008-CD4=440;VL=52
Jan 2009-CD4=403;VL=61
May 2009-CD4=480;VL=129
Sep 2009-CD4=376;VL<40
Jan 2010-CD4=476;VL<40
Jul 2010-CD4=539;VL<40
Jan 2011-CD4=461;VL=53
Jul 2011-CD4=515;VL<20
Jan 2012-CD4=506;VL=54
Aug 2012-CD4=440;VL=21
Jan 2013-CD4=447;VL=<20
Jul 2013-CD4=406; VL=<20
Feb 2014-CD4=450; VL=<20
Aug 2014-CD4=535; VL=<20
Feb 2015-CD4=535; VL=<20
Aug 2015-CD4=707; VL=<20

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2008, 07:19:01 pm »
OK guy. I'm going to ask you all to sit back and not respond to this thread anymore until things have been explained.

John judging from the responces that have had posted already I think maybe you need to come in and explain why you have asked such a question, you are on a time limit, I don't want to see this thread turn into a flamewar....but the chances are guys his question has already been answered by those who have already responded so he might not feel he needs to explain...if he doesn't then I will ask for the thread to be locked.

I can understand how a question like this would upset many here.

John when someone starts a thread like this a reason why the question was asked normally follows..where is yours?

It's disrepectful to the other members to come in with a "Just asking"...unless you are having problems yourself regarding this topic then it's really non of your business, all you have done so far is upset people.

Did anyone read this, I have seen the reported post and have acted on them as best I can..for the moment...and please stop with the PM's. I know what's going on, I can read.

I know some of you guys are angry but I think it only fair to give John a chance to come in and explain why he started this thread..it is the weekend and most people are still out enjoying it..so please just give us time.

Please don't respond any more until we hear what John has to say...I'm on my own here guys..give me a break, pretty please ;D... I don't want to spend the whole day answering PM's.

Hugs
Jan :-*
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 07:28:03 pm by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2008, 07:30:43 pm »
 This post made me cry for the first time in years. I live in a town where most people ether ignore me or at least marginalize me because of my Hiv status . For many years Ive just kinda shut down emotionally and withdrew socialally . even the handfull of post I have done on this site has scared the hell out of me from fear of being rejected.

One good thing...from reading what you guys have to say on this topic has finally woke me up and I now know other people feel the same as I do and I'm not so alone anymore.

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline SouthSam7

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2008, 11:35:11 pm »
Yeah!  HIV is HOT!  It's way hotter than cancer of the face!  I get hard just thinking about it...

Seriously.  I had no sex drive until I met another hiv positive guy.  Then my libido came back.  I'm not sure if it was just a coincidence, though.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2008, 12:01:25 am »
My libido is fine as long as I have poppers, but they gave me KS so I poured them down the drain.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2008, 12:01:46 am »
omg... STEVE KELSO

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2008, 12:42:10 am »
omg... STEVE KELSO

*blinks*.....clueless?!?
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2008, 12:51:55 am »
*blinks*.....clueless?!?

He's in Sam's avatar (guyinsouthala)... porn star

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2008, 05:30:03 am »
John,

As you were on the forum twelve hours after you posted this thread but couldn't be bothered to do as Jan asked and explain this question, I'm locking this thread. You really upset a lot of people, so don't post this again.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.