Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:06:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 200
Total: 200

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: "I don't care, just fuck me!"  (Read 73393 times)

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
"I don't care, just fuck me!"
« on: January 26, 2007, 03:38:58 am »
Apologies if the thread title is offensive. I'm typing while inhibitions are still low.

So: tonight I get invited to full-scale Iowan "orgy."

I go. I'm prepared with THREE kinds of condoms: latex, polyurethane, and femidoms (female condoms).

About 20 people, most of them barely out of their teens, most of them meth-addled. There was also coke.

To make a long story short, many of these guys wanted to sit on my hardon. I say I'm poz and reach for my condom, and they say, "NO, just fuck me!" This happened, er, many times. I was considered an idiot for putting on my trusty Avanti Durex.

This may be old news to many of you. In theory, it's old news to me too.

But it was not nice, and not fun, being there. Really cute bottom frat boys notwithstanding. Oh SO cute.

If it had been an all-poz bb party that's fine then (I think).

I simply don't know how to carry out a "safer sex" message to this crowd. I'm lost, they have no ears to hear me.

Jay
(gin-sodden but not flammable yet)

Edited to add: No comments needed, really; say-la-vee.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 04:51:04 am by lydgate »
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline indyguy

• Hoosier Boy Single Again.
Re: "I don't care, just fuck me!"
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 04:01:07 am »
Believe it or not I have heard of clubs where guys (mostly young ones) want to become infected. I have a guy here in his early thirtys that has been hitting on me big time. I told him my status but he doesnt care and wants to bareback anyhow. Anyone heard of these club?
Meds doing well so far.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 06:31:36 am »
What did you expect? You're at a homosexual orgy with a bunch of drugged out twinks who are still basically adolescents. Sexual responsibility is a bit much to expect, don't you think?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 08:19:39 am by GSOgymrat »

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 06:32:24 am »
Meth and coke. Nuff said. (Which I posted and then edited.)  Now I don't know how many would have noticed, but if you had simply and pointedly taken your hard-on and left, that might have said more?  Because as long as they are getting 'it,' they are going to show up.  The party only ends when the bright lights come on and the voices get really loud and clear.  Win
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 06:35:40 am by poet »
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline Razorbill

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 06:38:03 am »
Not a teachable moment.  Not your responsibility to preach, just to wear your condom.  I would've walked 'cause of the drugs. 

Offline fearless

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 07:56:14 am »
frustrating though, hey Jay.
You get yourself all prepared for slipping on the rubber, and then they say, nah, don't worry about, both tempting and a turn-off at the one time.
You know what really pisses me off. if your positive, it racks ya brain and your conscience. If ya don't know your status, you don't care or only see it as what can I catch from them, not what can I give.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline koi1

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 08:06:18 am »
Wow,

That is sad. And these are people just beginning to live. I guess that is the problem. They feel invincible, desired, wanted. Then there is the drugs. Wow, I didn't know this could happen in Iowa. But I guess boys are doin' more than the sheep in the corn.

rob
diagnosed on 11/20/06 viral load 23,000  cd4 97    8%
01/04/07 six weeks after diagnosis vl 53,000 cd4 cd4 70    6%
Began sustiva truvada 01/04/07
newest labs  drawn on 01/15/07  vl 1,100    cd4 119    7%
Drawn 02/10/07
cd4=160 viral load= 131 percentage= 8%
New labs 3/10/07 (two months on sustiva truvada
cd4 count 292  percentage 14 viral load undetectable

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 08:35:46 am »
This may be old news to many of you. In theory, it's old news to me too.

Hi Jay ... Yup, sad stuff for those kids. For all you know, that party could have been an all-poz bb party. sounds like a free-for-all, as in, "nobody cares about status here dude!"  i remember going to 1 sex party in Manhattan and going down on a guy (no disclosure to be found of course) and then we had an audience.  >:( LOL Hello - I should've known (duh!) but it was a turn off in my book because I'm not an exhibitionist but I think he was an exhibitionist because he didn't suggest we do it in seclusion. That probably would've been better (for me). Oh well, no more parties for this naive prissy boy LOL  :D

When I was a stupid denialist you'd be shocked at how many guys never said one word or asked one question about status. Maybe they were denialists too, who knows. And I'm talking as recently as 2003. Hey, you're talking as recently as 2007! What on earth can we do  :'(  :'(

Offline ademas

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 09:47:13 am »
Lordy, my life is boring...

That said...good for you for wearing the condom. 

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 09:52:15 am »
Lordy, my life is boring...

That said...good for you for wearing the condom. 

"all that glitters is not gold"

shit can glitter.

3 cheers for jay.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 10:03:16 am »

Wow can you imagine the funding increase you could have caused at the local ASO... ;)

That would have at least helped 2 potential case workers in finding work... ;)

I hope your selfishness was worth it!!! ;)

On to a serious note though.....  How many condoms did you need?   Sounds like you were prepared for war!

Ok... no really serious though, it is sad and unfortunately some will probably be joining us here in a short time.  Like the others have said this was probably one of the worst scenarios to get the message across, but at least you tried.   A+ for effort.

Thomas
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline marc11864

• I apologize for nothing!
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 10:27:11 am »
This was a very important topic to address.

I was one of those guys only a couple of years ago and I think it behooves us as mentors of society, which I would argue as human beings we all are to some degree or another, to find a way to reach these young men before they become infected.

1. “Sexual responsibility is a bit much to expect, don't you think?”

No, I don't.

2. “Meth and coke. Nuff said.”

Maybe it isn't?

3. “Not a teachable moment.”

Even an imbecile can be taught at the most inappropriate times.

I  can understand the reluctance to discuss anything with someone in an altered state of conciousness. Hell, I've pooh-poohed guys about their stance on the need for condoms and/or sober sex while I was tweaked to the rafters even. But I also know from seeing others and also myself being on both sides of party/sex fence that it is possible to get through. Even at the most dire times. If nothing else, we can arm them with the knowledge that PEP is out there if they do indeed sober up quickly enough.

Perhaps even guerilla tactics are necessary but it can be done!

I applaud you for your conviction in this situation. It shows great character.

Let us cavort like the Greeks of old! You know the ones I mean.

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 11:12:42 am »
The point, sort of, of my original post: I ain't no saint, I wanted to get my rocks off too. My hardon and I could have walked away but I/we didn't. And I have a liberal (libertarian?) attitude to drugs; as an adult, what you put in your body is your business not mine. And I've been to such gatherings before -- usually no status asked, none declared. But if a guy DID say he was poz, then everyone either stayed away from him, pretty much, or condoms were immediately put on.

I wasn't out to preach. I wasn't in my best "Use a Condom Always" mode (it was an orgy, not a meeting at the local LGBT group). What surprised me was that even after I declared my status, these guys (three of them anyway) didn't seem to care. (When I asked whether they they were poz too, they all said no; I have no reason to believe they were lying, I'm pretty sure they were negative or thought they were.) That was new to me. I thought I'd been around the block, too many times in fact. But that just seems crazy to me (cuz it is). Never too old to discover a new aspect of one's naivete.

Thanks for all your responses.

Jay

Edited to add: Funny how I find it no problem at all to disclose in this kind of situation; the moment I "like" a guy, want to date him, disclosure becomes really really difficult. Undertandable I suppose, but odd.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 12:00:10 pm by lydgate »
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 11:34:17 am »
... but did you piss on anyone?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 11:35:45 am »
... but did you piss on anyone?

Do you think I'm the kind of guy to piss and tell?  ;)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 11:38:40 am »
yes
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline David_CA

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 11:44:30 am »
Maybe a lot of the guys were also poz.  I mean, if they aren't yet, they probably will be with that sort of behavior.  I'm sure that's how a lot of us ended up here (BB'ing at orgy parties & being drugged up).  You can only do your best to not contribute to infecting them, which you did.

David
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 12:29:57 pm »
Funny how I find it no problem at all to disclose in this kind of situation; the moment I "like" a guy, want to date him, disclosure becomes really really difficult. Undertandable I suppose, but odd.

eh, a little odd but worth further analysis. 3 cheers for recognizing patterns about yourself

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2007, 12:43:42 pm »
Meth+ gay orgy= did you expect anything less? 

That is really craptacular though... but really... are you really gonna care that some meth-addled twinks thought you were stupid for protecting them?  You're smarter than that.

And yes, they will eventually have to suffer some sort of consequence for their actions... they're not impervious, no matter much they feel like they are.

Oh... and "Full-Scale Iowan Orgy" would be an awesome, awesome band name. 
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2007, 01:15:14 pm »
who would have thunk it. iowa on a thursday night? what has become of our country

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2007, 01:19:56 pm »
All the repressed republican gay boys eh-jake?
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2007, 01:21:15 pm »
All the repressed republican gay boys eh-jake?

GOP now stands for Giving Out Penis.

Or something.  I'm drinking mimosas.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2007, 01:22:37 pm »
Grand Ol' Pervs
RIDE!!!

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2007, 01:24:48 pm »
Do you think I'm the kind of guy to piss and tell?  ;)
RIDE!!!

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2007, 01:27:43 pm »
Grand Ol' Pervs

On the sly, of course.

Why have I never been invited to a full-scale Iowan orgy?  I feel left out.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2007, 01:30:07 pm »
On the sly, of course.

Why have I never been invited to a full-scale Iowan orgy?  I feel left out.

Maybe cause your always hosting them in Richmond!
RIDE!!!

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2007, 01:32:31 pm »
Maybe cause your always hosting them in Richmond!

Actually... I've never been invited to any orgy ever.

I feel left out.  :'(  Le sigh.

Offline antibody

• "every man thinks his burden is the heaviest"
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2007, 01:37:01 pm »
i'm quite sure this wasn't the boys first time to the rodeo (orgy). As adults we have to take the responsibility to care for ourselves, no one else will. so if that includes putting on a condom. 2 people receive the protection even if one of the individuals didn't asked to be protected. you save yourself from another strain or drug resisetence virus or some other STD or maybe even a law suit from infecting an individual that during the momentary lapse of reason they don't care to protect their own lives.
Timbuk      <50/ 794  CD4 10/06 
                 <50/ 1096 CD4 3/07
                 <40/ 1854 CD4 4/09

Started Atripla  7/14/06
Switched to boosted Reyataz Truvada 3/28/07

*Ask me about Medical Marijuana and how it can help you!*

Offline ademas

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2007, 01:51:51 pm »
Well, either you're closing your eyes
To a situation you do not wish to acknowledge
Or you are not aware of the caliber of disaster indicated
By the presence of an orgy in your community...

maybe you should have started a boys band?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 07:30:06 pm by ademas »

Offline FiercenBed

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2007, 02:29:26 pm »
i fly for free...hit me up w/ the next party....lol

seriously though....therez just something bout bb sex that really turns some on. itz kinda like a sickness. u could done a little preaching but it wouldnt have made any difference. have u ever checked out bareback.com? i rest my case.

i think those 'freedom parties' r just a myth.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 02:32:24 pm by FiercenBed »

Offline bravebuddharich

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2007, 03:42:41 pm »
I'll be told I'm wrong, I'm used to it, but I think this behavior was truly awful! There are HUGE consequences to drugs; it's not just your body, but it's a whole community! I've come to the conclusion that we have to say to other gay guys "NO DRUGS"!! None, zero. It is irresponsible not to say so, and loudly. I know it's easier to joke about it. It hurts everybody. I'm harmed by it as much as everybody at the "party" (sic). That's all i'm going to say because i'm so angry reading your post!

Offline swede_dish

• I feel like an angel baby wrapped in a candy cloud
    • My blog
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2007, 03:56:55 pm »
That's it..where is my orgy?
"I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me. "
-Bette Midler

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2007, 04:08:59 pm »
YOU RANG?
RIDE!!!

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2007, 04:19:10 pm »
I'll be told I'm wrong, I'm used to it, but I think this behavior was truly awful! There are HUGE consequences to drugs; it's not just your body, but it's a whole community! I've come to the conclusion that we have to say to other gay guys "NO DRUGS"!! None, zero. It is irresponsible not to say so, and loudly. I know it's easier to joke about it. It hurts everybody. I'm harmed by it as much as everybody at the "party" (sic). That's all i'm going to say because i'm so angry reading your post!

Before I respond, I would just like to say that I loathe meth and have a major problem with people who do it to excess.  I really don't do drugs that much anymore... and when I do, it's something classy like cocaine.

I really dislike this prohibitionist mindset... this way of thinking could be extrapolated to a whole bunch of other behaviors that everyone engages in.  It's just because drugs are generally socially unacceptable is it OK to say things like this.

People are gonna put drugs into their bodies... I did it.  And it's easy to say "the community is hurt" by it... but where's the evidence?  I'm willing to bet those tweakers at the orgy didn't have kids or anyone whose livelihood depended on them...  People who do drugs to excess are putting one person and once person only... themselves.  Never did the gay community said "ouch" along with me when I shoved a big ol' smack needle in my arm.

Yeah, I caught HIV because of my teensy little drinking problem.  Whose problems are they?  Mine.  Hypothetically speaking, if I didn't know my status, and some drugged up ass caught HIV from me... then whose problem would it be?  His.

But "no drugs" is something that will never, ever work.  It's easy to say... but really hard to implement.  I, for one, have no intention of following that policy... and I speak as someone's who's had drug problems (note the plural, please), gotten my shit back together, and still manage to do coke every three months or so with no real harm done to myself or others.

If those kids wanna do meth and have unprotected sex... bra-effin-vo.  Let 'em.  It's their right to put whatever they want to in their bodies... and that includes methamphetamine and strange dick.  And please don't tell me it's not their right because it's "against the law."  How many of us in the US broke sodomy laws before they were repealed while still claiming that buttsex was an inalienable right? 

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2007, 05:50:41 pm »
fuck em.. literally... bareback or not.   If they don't get it from you, they'll get it from somebody else... at least you got yerself a nice piece of ass.

Invite me to an orgy and I doubt I'd disclose, today anyways.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2007, 06:05:44 pm »
Invite me to an orgy and I doubt I'd disclose, today anyways.

You have to ask yourself... "these people are at an orgy, do they really care?"

I think one could be forgiven for not disclosing... hell, I probably wouldn't.

But now I feel sad that I've never been to one.

I'm not even kidding. 

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2007, 06:08:13 pm »
Well, then I invite you to Bailey's Orgiastic Splender™, the orgy event of the queer.

It'll be a hoot.

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2007, 06:10:30 pm »
Benj, come to Iowa and I'll "organize" a Full-Scale Iowan Orgy for you. You can be the centerpiece (cuz I know you'd love that, you cutie with a narcissistic straeak  ;)). And since your quote line seems to indicate you're into straight men  ??? plenty of closet frat boys with girlfriends to choose from.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 06:16:53 pm by lydgate »

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2007, 06:13:07 pm »
God, old ways die hard.

Upon seeing this subject line, my instinct was to immediately type in:

Where are you?  Got any pics you could trade?  Into?  Host or travel?

Days gone by...
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2007, 06:15:02 pm »
Well, either you're closing your eyes
To a situation you do now wish to acknowledge
Or you are not aware of the caliber of disaster indicated
By the presence of an orgy in your community...

maybe you should have started a boys band?

Ademas, your post, which kinda reads like blank verse, has me totally confused. I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Also, orgy=disaster?

Finally, to clarify once more: I was NOT surprised by the drugs. I WAS expecting there to be plenty of unsafe sex. I was NOT going to handout condoms to unwilling listeners. The ONLY thing I WAS surprised by was guys who, supposedly negative, didn't care about a poz dick inside their innards. The end.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2007, 06:16:53 pm »
That post flew right by me also.  Huh??
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Optimistic

• An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctors Away!
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2007, 06:21:55 pm »
God, old ways die hard.

Upon seeing this subject line, my instinct was to immediately type in:

Where are you?  Got any pics you could trade?  Into?  Host or travel?

Days gone by...

Sounds like your hormones are acting up....LOL  ;D :D :P
12/06 (Atripla): cd4 - 260; cd% - 33%; vl - 169
1/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 267; cd% - 38.1%; vl - 132
4/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 373; cd% - 33.9%; vl - <50
7/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 287; cd% - 35.8%; vl - <50
9/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 356; cd% - 39.5%; vl - <50
12/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 517

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2007, 06:23:22 pm »
Benj, come to Iowa and I'll "organize" a Full-Scale Iowan Orgy for you. You can be the centerpiece (cuz I know you'd love that, you cutie with a narcissistic straeak  ;)). And since your quote line seems to indicate you're into straight men  ??? plenty of closet frat boys with girlfriends to choose from.

The quote comes from a MadTV thing that Tim had posted earlier.  I found it hilarious and thought it best to incorporate it into my life somehow.

And when my new band, Full-Scale Iowan Orgy, comes to Des Moines... come get me... and I'll take you up on your offer.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2007, 06:25:03 pm »
The ONLY thing I WAS surprised by was guys who, supposedly negative, didn't care about a poz dick inside their innards. The end.

As a member of the generation who, as a whole, thinks this way... personally I didn't when even I was negative... I can explain it.

It's summed up by, "What's the big deal?  You take a pill and you're OK."

No joke. 

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2007, 06:25:56 pm »
But did the 'poz dick' even register?  Not from what I have heard (but not experience first hand, so this is hearsay).  Think of drunks at a bar, trying to offer them something.  Do they act as though they have registered what you have offered or said?  Usually, in my experience, no.  Or, tweaked already, offer them some more drugs.  Does that register?  Unlikely unless they are coming down and feeling the need.  So I guess, hours later, I couldn't assume that much as you were trying to tell them what you had, what they could get if you weren't wearing a condom, etc., is got through.  And if it didn't in fact get through, we can't draw conclusions about negative guys wanting or having no problems with hiv.  Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline Longislander

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2007, 07:06:04 pm »
wow. I obviously don't do drugs.

Orgy or no orgy, I couldn't sleep at night if I barebacked into anyone who believes they're negative (whether actually true or not), no matter what their state of mind.

Benj, there really isn't much about cocaine that's 'classy'.  True enough, you doing drugs alone hurts no one. Although you do help keep a dealer in business, and not all his 'clients' are single gay men. As long as you , or your male friends, or girl friends have no intention of ever bearing a child, and attempting to raise that child in a world with drug addicted parent(s), no problem.  It's not only cute young gay men who use drugs. It's a real problem, and causes tremendous problems in our society. Car accidents while under the influence, burglaries/robberies to support such habits, shooting/stabbings over bad drug deals, cops killed by dealers running from them/arresting them. Innocent bystanders caught in that crossfire. Orphaned children because their parents OD'd. There is absolutely nothing glamorous about drugs. I'm sorry you see them that way.

Lydgate, I'm not sure from the posts whether you put the condoms on or didn't, so I"ll refrain from a comment on that.

Cheers!!

Paul

infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2007, 07:15:58 pm »
wow. I obviously don't do drugs.

Orgy or no orgy, I couldn't sleep at night if I barebacked into anyone who believes they're negative (whether actually true or not), no matter what their state of mind.

Benj, there really isn't much about cocaine that's 'classy'.  True enough, you doing drugs alone hurts no one. Although you do help keep a dealer in business, and not all his 'clients' are single gay men. As long as you , or your male friends, or girl friends have no intention of ever bearing a child, and attempting to raise that child in a world with drug addicted parent(s), no problem.  It's not only cute young gay men who use drugs. It's a real problem, and causes tremendous problems in our society. Car accidents while under the influence, burglaries/robberies to support such habits, shooting/stabbings over bad drug deals, cops killed by dealers running from them/arresting them. Innocent bystanders caught in that crossfire. Orphaned children because their parents OD'd. There is absolutely nothing glamorous about drugs. I'm sorry you see them that way.

Lydgate, I'm not sure from the posts whether you put the condoms on or didn't, so I"ll refrain from a comment on that.

Cheers!!

Paul

But driving a Mercedes is OK?  Is that classy?

Keeping the United States beholden to Middle Eastern oil interests is OK?

Polluting the air is OK?

Contributing massively to global warming is OK?

Using and enjoying an automobile, which has been responsible for more deaths and maiming than drugs ever will is OK?

Well, shit the bed, you've proved exactly my point about "social acceptability."

If I choose to ironically think that coke is classy as opposed to meth... I can.  And I can state it.  That's my opinion... and I don't ask anyone else to share it.  It's not like I don't know cocaine is a drug which shouldn't be taken lightly... I used to be addicted to it for Chrissake. 

But please don't tell me that I'm "hurting someone" when I choose to buy a gram right before you get in your car and throw countless cubic feet of noxious fumes into the air to go to work or whatever.

It's all about whose bull is being gored.  That's my point.  No one will ever talk shit about people who drive cars they way they do drug users... even though... at the end of the day... the automobile will end up being responsible for more misery, more damage, and more horror than all the coke users around the world.

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2007, 07:27:57 pm »
legalize drugs and tax em. 

Seems like it would solve alot of problems rather than create them to me.

Offline ademas

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2007, 07:28:28 pm »
Ademas, your post, which kinda reads like blank verse, has me totally confused. I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Also, orgy=disaster?

Finally, to clarify once more: I was NOT surprised by the drugs. I WAS expecting there to be plenty of unsafe sex. I was NOT going to handout condoms to unwilling listeners. The ONLY thing I WAS surprised by was guys who, supposedly negative, didn't care about a poz dick inside their innards. The end.

ha...sorry lydgate...
it's lyrics from "The Music Man"...
all the talk about Iowa, I suppose.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2007, 07:29:52 pm »
legalize drugs and tax em. 

Seems like it would solve alot of problems rather than create them to me.

I agree.  I can't help but think that a lot of these social problems associated with drug use are because of drugs' current legal status.

I mean, look at Prohibition.   It created more problems than it solved.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.