Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 01:42:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773454
  • Total Topics: 66366
  • Online Today: 291
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 281
Total: 281

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: ADAP in New Jersey  (Read 4379 times)

Offline thomasgrn

ADAP in New Jersey
« on: August 01, 2015, 02:19:21 pm »
I read from a google search that NJ has discontinued  ADAP. Does anyone know if this is true? 

The article is dated back to 2010 so maybe it is back?
6-6-2017
CD4 Count 1303   VL Undetectable

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: ADAP in New Jersey
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 11:14:31 pm »
ADAP is part of the federal Ryan White Care Act and is a part of every state's Ryan White program. It was never discontinued anywhere; however back in 2010 many of the states had "waiting lists". (heck, this was the second time around with waiting lists because the lists has been used back in 2006 too) This meant while there were people who were medically eligible (ie those people with <350 tcells who should be on meds) and financially eligible (ie people who were poor), some states didn't have enough money to supply all those meds. Those states usually didn't have enough money because the states didn't contribute enough; because they just had too many clients (florida ADAP went totally broke for about 3 more and dropped every ADAP client!); and because the feds didn't contribute enough to care for all the people who were becoming positive and needed assistant. sadly though while a SC pharmacy helped florida clients through their crisis, 3 people died in SC and 1 in KY while on the waiting lists in those states.

Right now there are no waiting lists anywhere in america (wooHoo!) and the NJ ADAP program is in operation.

for NJ ADAP info
http://www.nj.gov/health/aids/freemeds.shtml

for information about the waiting lists and ADAP
http://www.nastad.org/
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline thomasgrn

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 02:36:30 am »
Thanks.
6-6-2017

Offline thomasgrn

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 07:42:32 am »
I called them and they are sending me the card. Not sure why I could not do it over the internet. This will help out a lot. Thanks again!
6-6-2017

Offline thomasgrn

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 08:21:18 pm »
Was at the Doctor today. I asked about the ADAP form and he corrected me and said it was called "ADDP" is there a difference?
6-6-2017

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 09:13:03 pm »
interesting. Maybe someone will chime in. The program in the federal Ryan White Care Act is actually called ADAP - the AIDS Drug Assistance Program. It seems New Jersey (looking at this NJ site http://www.nj.gov/health/aids/freemeds.shtml) calls it the AIDS Drug Distribution Program (ADDP).

googling it up, a) I see that ADDP is funded through Ryan White Part B because the distribution letter to the NJ health dpt from HRSA actually calls it ADAP(https://oig.hhs.gov/oas/reports/region2/20802007.pdf) and b) it looks like NJ is the only state to have a program called ADDP instead of ADAP.

so I think the difference is that NJ is calling the program something different than the feds or other states. LOL  ::)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.