Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:37:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 704
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 687
Total: 688

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Feeling a bit blue...  (Read 2204 times)

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
Feeling a bit blue...
« on: December 18, 2006, 09:13:41 pm »
Hello everyone

Just feeling a bit blue.  This weekend I had a bit of a breakdown...lots of crying but was with two friends and they listened.  I feel that they really listened, to my fears, my grief, my loss, etc.  I have been positive for about a year and I think I finally let it hit me this weekend.   I feel like anytime I mention the fact that this might kill me, I am told "stop, you will be fine".  No one has really let me really say what I feel.  Finally, I told my friends "If you are going to be a true support, you need to let me get out what I am feeling".  They said it was hard from them to hear, but it is also hard to feel this way. 

Anyhow - just wanted to share. 

Hope you are having a nice day

Pete

Offline Longislander

Re: Feeling a bit blue...
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 09:28:13 pm »
Hi Pete, glad you had some true friends around this weekend, and were able to get this stuff out!
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline Eldon

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 09:32:39 pm »
Hey Pete...

What you are experiencing is the trio. You are coping with acceptance, self-realization, self-expression. With these emotions, they all interact with each other in order to gain a positive result or outcome with your life. Your friends are in the phase of trying to understand your situation. Once they do and this realization takes place, they will be there to suppot you unconditionally.

By ALL means you DO want to express your feelings as there is a need to do so in order to adjust with these experiences in your life. You may want to consider getting a journal or even starting a personal log in MS Word of your daily events. By doing so, this is quite therapeutic for you.

I wish you the best as you travel on your journey in this life.

"Don't Give Up, Don't Give In... Cause it is ALL within you to WIN!"

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 09:33:33 pm »
Things will get better.  Just don't give in to the blues.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline marco23

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 09:45:34 pm »
Hi Pete!
It's always good to let out your feelings, if your friends don't want to hear it then post it here....that's what we're here for and trust me, venting can feel as if a weight was taken off your chest....or it could be gas and you just need a big burp!  :D
Don't hide your hurt, pain and feelings inside..for they will harden your heart.

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 09:46:18 pm »
Hey Pete, congrats...you are taking control of this monster...its tough, and you survived it! Way to go man...if you feel like chatting send me an email or a PM...always here to listen bro!

I can totally relate to what you feel...been there, and I will tell you that sometimes it comes over me in waves....I will be fine, then the next second, I am crying my eyes out...you just have to let it happen, and don't be afraid to feel. These feelings are yours, this virus is yours...own them!

Pete, we're here for you buddy!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.