Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:23:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772950
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 482
Total: 484

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Poll

Do you think that the moderators should move the heated threads related to CSI to OFF topic for the sake of those who need our help and support?

Yes
No
Don't Care!

Author Topic: Living with HIV vs. OFF TOPIC. Move the Unrelated Threads? Updated Vote!  (Read 8756 times)

Offline AustinWesley

• HIV Discussion Group on Myspace!
Hey Guys,

(PLEASE READ BEFORE VOTING)

I thought I'd post a poll to get everyone's input.  My first one so hope I am doing it right.

In the interest of maintaining the integrity of the LIVING WITH HIV forumn do you think we should move topics such as the following to the OFF Topic Section:

Who Else is Fed Up with the Red Campaign
Formal Complaint About CSI Connection
Cat Puke and Taxes
Deletion of Posts, or all personal information from all former posts

While I have contributed to all of these I really don't think any of them belong under the LIVING WITH HIV section.   

Because these are HOT Topics they end up being the first impression people get.   I for one am not proud of that and think it's in the best interest they simply be moved to the OFF Topic section since none are really related to Living with HIV.   Two are complaints and one is a joke and is a joke!

The moderators could have easily locked down the heated topics, but in the interest of free speech they haven't.

I think the Cat Puke one is hysterical and sympathize with Drew, but I think it should be moved as well.

I'm sure there are others that aren't related to LIVING WITH HIV as well.

Whether we agree or not on the CSI deal can we all agree that this wouldn't be the first thing we want someone seeking help to read?

So let's all vote to protect the integrity of the site.   It's a democracy and I hope you will all vote.   Before you vote, no matter what you think of me or the CSI issue, please think about those others out there needing our help as well as the other members here with current issues needing help that are being overlooked.

I think that if the majority agree to move unrelated threads out of the LIVING SECTION that this one should be moved as well to off topic!

Wesley

(You may only vote once and the results are public but the individual's how the individual is private)

Grr!   I had to edit the last part here.  No, one can see who voted which way or another and the results are there for you to see.  Please feel free to contribute to the actual topic!

LOL, I felt compelled to add another option since a few of you wanted a 3rd option, now you have it!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 12:46:07 am by AustinWesley »
Diag. 3/06  Infected aprx. 2 mo. Prior
Date        CD4   %      VL
4/6/06     627    32    36,500     NO MEDS YET!
6/7/06     409    27    36,100
8/23/06   408    25     22,300
1/2/07     354    23     28,700
2/9/07     139    30     23,000  Hep A Vaccine same day???
2/21/07   274    26     18,500 
3/3/07    RX of Truvada/Sustiva Started.
4/5/07    321     27      Undectable 1st mo.  
5/16/07  383     28    Undectable 2nd mo.
8/10/07  422     32   UD <48 on new scale!

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
Re: Living with HIV vs. OFF TOPIC. Move the Unrelated Threads? VOTE NOW!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 05:24:28 pm »
hell no.

leave em where they be UNLESS they are clearly indicative of a topic that should be in another forum.. like a fears thread in the living with.

There is too much crossover between offtopic and living with to arbitrarily decide what belongs where.  But the consensus is also clear... if you want serious discussion.. talk about it in living.. if you want anything else, talk about it in off-topic.

PS:   I think we should ban you for making this topic.  This forum has become waaaay to prolific and we need to purge.

Offline AustinWesley

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 05:31:10 pm »
You think I should be banned for making this topic?

Why?

Offline bear60

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 05:41:41 pm »
Wesley
I think Bailey was just joking.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 05:43:39 pm »
well, you are just cluttering up the forums with your posts and by posting you are contributing to global warming which will destroy the dolphins and tuna.

You don't want to destroy the dolphins and tuna do you?  

After all, dolphins are soooooo cute and tuna is sooo delicious... preferably when there is a bit of dolphin mixed in with the tuna.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 05:47:17 pm by DingoBoi »

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 05:47:10 pm »
well, you are just cluttering up the forums with your posts and by posting you are contributing to global warning which will destroy the dolphins and tuna.

"Global warming" is what tree-hugging liberals call it.

It's really "global comfortabling."
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 05:50:18 pm »
I am getting sleepy but I want to eat some dessert, what kind of dessert should I eat. I am thinking I should buy some coconut cake or sweet plantains and fry them. Maybe I shouldn't i been getting fat lately. Nevermind, i'll eat a salad.
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline bear60

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 05:51:56 pm »
Ho ho, Benj.....yes I cant wait for winters to be 50 to 60 degrees here in Philly.....then I wont have to move to Florida. ( And it will be 100 degrees in Florida all year round probably.)
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 05:56:54 pm »
MOTHERF**KER!

I live in damn florida and because of all you people needlessly posting we are having excessive tornados and hurricanes.  It's all your damn fault and I hope you die.

(but that's okay, because those who believe will move on to heaven and bask in its glory or something like that)

The rest of us will be mourning the loss of our property values as they get submerged.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 05:58:27 pm »
::thread derailment in progress::
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 06:06:10 pm »
Me, too.
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline edfu

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2007, 06:22:24 pm »
If i'm living with HIV, I feel that stupid, ridiculous TV network shows about stupid, ridiculous, and most likely impossible ways of contracting HIV cannot help but make an impact on my life.  Living with HIV involves more than taking or not taking pills, disclosing or not disclosing, insurance problems, what I eat, etc.   
"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline AustinWesley

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 06:34:18 pm »
Aside from some of the usual suspects who continually derail topics and apparently have nothing to contribute I'd still like to know what others think.

It's a democratic way to voice your opinion.

Do you think all of this obnoxious commentary is beneficial to those seeking help?   Or do you think this is a prime example of a dysfunctional mess?

I'm angered that I have to recieve private messages because people are afraid to make their statements here because they fear being the next on the target from certain individuals.

That aside, the topic is whether or not for the good of the group do you think these threads should be moved? 

Wesley

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 06:43:22 pm »
Wes,

I'd take your poll, but it would change nothing.  I used to enjoy coming to the forums, but so many of the posts now are just pablum and any serious discussion seems to quickly descend into name calling.  I see we still have accusations of the "clique mafia" and I wish someone would tell me what that means other than using it to degrade others who do not share your opinion (not you personally Wes).

These forums have not been a safe place for quite a while, which you will discover, as soon as you step over the "line".

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2007, 06:45:35 pm »
I'm not sure I see a big difference in moving the threads Wesley, but basically I don't care.  However, "Don't Care" was not a poll choice so I did not vote.

While there has been an undue amount of hysteria regarding all of this (IMO) expecting a drama-free forum will never happen on the internet, I don't care if you're discussing computer software on a Mac-oriented board or HIV.  It's just the nature of it.

Why would you not just PM the moderators asking if they can move the threads?  I'm just not sure that this board is conducive to democratic polling on what amounts to forum structural issues.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2007, 06:49:57 pm »
daresay.. .am I a 'usual' suspect?

I could understand if I was the whore at the bar who hooks up every night (which I've been, thank you very much)

And I must say that I'm very distrurbed that I don't receive hate OR support mail from my posts.   Based upon that fact, NONE of you receive hate or support mail and you are all making this up.  It's a fact.

Offline Lis

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2007, 06:58:17 pm »
I for one, am so HAPPY to see you Dingo...

where do i sign up to NOT get hate mail?

lisbeth!!
poz 1986....

Offline whizzer

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2007, 07:10:26 pm »

I'm with you Lis, it's good to see Dingo posting again, however irritating he may be to others.

Now, where's Matty?

Seriously, when I first started coming here, I read both the 'living with' and 'off topic' fora,  so I don't really have an opinion on the matter.

Wes, why don't you just berate those who post in what you regard to be an inappropriate forum, if it bothers you that much? 

Offline bravebuddharich

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2007, 07:36:00 pm »
When I first found this site, I was excited by it, hoped it would be interesting, informative, fun sometimes, and a place for support - but I've been finding it not fun, too much repetition (perhaps sticky's for topics that keep coming up over and over and over??). Derailment of topics, etc. I voted "no" because some of the topics listed do belong in "Living with HIV", and some don't - I assumed a moderator who knows what he or she is doing would make those decisions?

I didn't see the episode of the t.v. show that has caused so much HEAT - so I have no informed opinion about it, just vague thoughts & impressions.

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2007, 07:37:00 pm »
it's good to see Dingo posting again, however irritating he may be to others.

The Lord Jesus told me to...or the milk jug, I'm not sure which.

Offline AustinWesley

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2007, 08:04:38 pm »
That or you got tired of inteviewing yourself!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2007, 11:10:57 pm »
Maybe I'm missing something but don't moderators move threads that don't belong now? Due to being slightly confused, I did not vote. I have enjoyed this site and consider it my support system. Like Killfoile, I feel it has changed too. And I don't mean change in the sense that there is more carefree banter going on then talk of hiv. On that note and it is my personal opinion that sometimes it is good to talk about other things. I agree that important things tend to get dropped quickly but sometimes a bump will move it up. My concern is how some people tend to dismiss people's experiences as being trivial. Or as if the person doesn't know what they are talking about because they may not know the latest medical tests or jargons. I find that to be disturbing and to a degree down right disrespectful. I thought this site was to share our experiences and support each other as well as talking about things related to hiv/aids.

I was chatting w/ someone via pm and told them that I was seriously considering just leaving the site. I slept on it and decided not to because I still need it for my support. I think I will do what many have done and just sit it out. I will still be around but I don't think I will be posting much anymore.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline AustinWesley

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2007, 11:26:32 pm »
Hey Queen,

I agree with you.   You've made many excellent points.

I was hoping to help difuse the situation by creating a poll.    I don't think any of the topics should be closed.   I just thought in the interest of those new folks who come across the site to have those topics be some of the first they see it might scare them off.

I'm no expert and maybe I'm wrong.

I left a while back because of all the drama without realizing there were good people here who could help me.   Only recently a few weeks ago a friend encouraged me to come back because I've been stressed out about my labs and so I did.

But, yeah, I definitely get sick of talking about HIV and all that all the time.   Lord knows we can all use a good distraction.   

I just felt those particular subjects were very off putting including one I started.   

And, I know how difficult it can be to run a group so I'm able to see both sides of the coin.   Ultimately, we are all in the same boat with all of our fears and insecurities.

I'm not trying to force those topics moved.   It just seemed that there was a little to much hysteria being promoted.   Having seen that destroy a group before I didn't want that to happen cause people need this site!

Wesley

Offline poodlelover

Re: Living with HIV vs. OFF TOPIC. Move the Unrelated Threads? Updated Vote!
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2007, 12:57:10 am »
all you guys scare me.  another reason i don't post very much.  I'm scared of getting in trouble, then I'll just cry because virtual people don't like my post or I've posted in the wrong thread.  Plus all you people wright so eloquently and I just feel like a Mississippi redneck in my writing.  Although, i am pretty smart, went to college but have a hard time writing down what i mean most of the time.    Hope this post doesn't get moved, deleted, or bombed. 

Sorry about hijacking your thread Wesley!! ;)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 01:00:02 am by poodlelover »
Connie

Offline AustinWesley

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2007, 01:17:28 am »
Hey Poodle,

Don't be scared, you seem quite well spoken to me! ; )

We don't all bite!

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2007, 01:31:44 am »
First, I want to say I love you all.  I just laughed my ass off...

Second, I think I have posted in the Off Topic like once.  I just feel like this is where I am livin' with my HIV and all of you.  For me living with HIV is pretty broad.

Third, sorry about the cat barfin', but I am just doin' pretty well, I guess I am happy right now and sometimes I just want to share or need some attention.  (Well aside from the flu and the cold and not being married or being able to get married...)

Fourth, if you feel something negative, avoid it and go for the positive.  I do this.  If there is an unattractive thread, I just look for the person who needs some support and usually avoid the fray.  For the most part.

Fifth, I am also a bit more of a bystander sometimes.

Sixth, we love you Poodlelover

Seventh, what was I talking about?

Luv and support,
Drew

Offline joemutt

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2007, 01:35:49 am »
Forums 'R' Us

Offline bravebuddharich

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2007, 04:07:49 am »
I have no idea where to post this, but I wish we had that mechanism I've seen and used on other sites where when you put your cursor on the topic heading, you get the first few lines of the post - sometimes the topic headings are so vague I just skip over them.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2007, 04:03:10 pm »
The only threads I consistently move are those from the Worried Well who sometimes stray over into Living With or one of the other HIV-specific forums.

There are definitely threads in LIVING WITH which would probably be better fit with Off Topic. Every once in a while there's one in Off Topic which I will move over to LIVING WITH. Sometimes once a not-so-HIV related Living With thread gets started that ends up with comments that relate to HIV in the mix. And some threads have relatively short life span and it doesn't seem necessary to do a switchover.

OK, and sometimes I must confess that my anal compulsive neurotic card is punched out and I just think aw for chrissakes! why is THAT in here BUT I'm just gonna let it be.

In that sense the Forums are an accurate reflection of how untidy the world is sometimes.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 04:06:38 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline racingmind

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2007, 06:50:36 pm »
Umm  Wesley...you started the Red Campaign thread in Living with HIV...now you want it moved?

And,

Bailey, not everyone is aware of your "razor sharp" wit and may not respond the way you think they should...in fact, it might be taken as hurtful and/or irritating by people who are not tuned into your twisted outlook on pretty much everything. 

Remember, there are some people looking for help and support here. 

(Bailey recently predicted that I would commit suicide, based on a psychic flash he had.....it was fucking hysterical)
Tested Negative: 5/06
Tested Positive: 9/06 
9/06: CD4: 442 (28%) VL: +100,000
10/06: CD4: 323 (25%) VL: 243,440
11/06: CD4: 405 (28%) VL: 124,324
12/06: CD4: 450 (29%) VL: 114,600
1/07: CD4: 440 (27%) VL: 75,286
3/07: CD4: 459 (30%) VL: 44,860
5/07: CD4: 353 (24%) VL: 50,852
7/07: CD4: 437 (29%) VL: 39,475
9/07: CD4: 237 (32%) VL: 372,774
10/07: CD4: 324 (27%) VL: 115,454 
Started Atripla: 10/07
11/07: CD4: 524 (?%) VL: Undetectable!
2/08: CD4: 653 (35%) VL: undetectable
5/08: CD4: 822 (40%) VL: undetectable
8/08: CD4: 626 (35%) VL: undetectable
12/08: CD4: 619 (36%) VL: undetectable
3/09: CD4: 802 (38%) VL: undetectable
7/09: CD4: 1027 (43%) VL: not tested
10/09: CD4: 1045 (43%) VL: undetectable

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2007, 07:11:39 pm »

Whatnotly,

I think cat puke and taxes has everything to do with Living with HIV.   I like your cat by the way... he looks like he has a brown nose ;D.

Skee Skee
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2007, 07:12:30 pm »
Wesley, since you have been a moderator, I would use that background on this.  I have not read your thread on the Red Campaign, but if it was not interconnected to hiv/aids, it, like someone's comment in a live support group, would, with a good moderator, be thanked and then brought back to the topic: hiv/aids.  If, however, it related to hiv/aids or campaigns, fine being here.  Many of the posts in the CSI thread started by Cliff are, for me, about living with hiv/aids, public disclosure, etc. and belong right here.  I also haven't found Drew's post, so if it interconnects with hiv/aids, great.  If it is Off Topic, then it's off topic, right?  

We have, frankly, great moderators who do read all the threads and posts and I trust them to call the shots on when something needs to be moved.  Best, Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline David_CA

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2007, 10:01:34 pm »
The CSI mess deals with HIV / AIDS, so posts should be left in "living with".  I know you, Wesley, disagree with those that think there's a problem with the CSI thing, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't concern those of us with privacy concerns about our living with HIV / AIDS and things we've posted.

David
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline AustinWesley

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2007, 01:58:21 am »
The only threads I consistently move are those from the Worried Well who sometimes stray over into Living With or one of the other HIV-specific forums.

There are definitely threads in LIVING WITH which would probably be better fit with Off Topic. Every once in a while there's one in Off Topic which I will move over to LIVING WITH. Sometimes once a not-so-HIV related Living With thread gets started that ends up with comments that relate to HIV in the mix. And some threads have relatively short life span and it doesn't seem necessary to do a switchover.

OK, and sometimes I must confess that my anal compulsive neurotic card is punched out and I just think aw for chrissakes! why is THAT in here BUT I'm just gonna let it be.

In that sense the Forums are an accurate reflection of how untidy the world is sometimes.

Heya Andy,

Agree with ya!   I am not suggesting you move anything.  Was hoping this would help to bring a bit of reason back by allowing people to at least feel they had an option.

I just hated seeing so many topics derailed over and over.   By this I mean the CSI controversy which has made it's way into other threads.  Because it's a heated issue, tempers flair and I for one enjoy reading various topics without having to read over and over about other's privacy concerns in every unrelated topic.

Wesley
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 10:10:50 am by AustinWesley »

Offline Rainbow1

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2007, 05:36:41 pm »
Im am not going to take the poll, but I would have to agree with poodle, I geuss this is why i never post much and had to even get away from this sight for awhile. Too much Drama. Over someones opinion.

Offline AustinWesley

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2007, 10:59:11 pm »
Well, I hope you will come back when it's all over.   This is the reason I left several months ago for a long time, but we're all still here if ya need us!

Wesley

Offline Florida69

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2007, 10:04:41 am »
Ho ho, Benj.....yes I cant wait for winters to be 50 to 60 degrees here in Philly.....then I wont have to move to Florida. ( And it will be 100 degrees in Florida all year round probably.)

Just so you know Joel, it has never gotten to 100 degrees here in Florida where I live.  Right now everyday is paradise. 

As for this topic has given me a headache the real need to become a drinker.  My moma always told me if you do not have anything nice or constructive to say on the topic, just do not say anything. So I am trying to take her advice.   I will admit with some of the disagreements and back forth name calling I feel like I am back in middle school, and I really do not want to go back to middel school.  We all must deal with our own issues in our own time, no one can be pushed into something they are not ready to accept. I did not take the poll because honestly I do not see the relevance.  Take care, D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.