Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:29:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 519
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 503
Total: 503

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Results are in!  (Read 5051 times)

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
Results are in!
« on: September 14, 2006, 03:36:55 pm »
Well, I just got back from my doctor's office, and here are my new results.

CD4: 360
%: 20
VL: 75,400

The good news is my Tcells went up although my % is down 3%. I don't like that my viral load is higher than it was initially, but I now have my prescription for Atripla in hand. I just have to call and go get it filled. I should be starting no later than this weekend.

Wish me luck!

In other news, things have been going really well for me. I was sort of seeing someone for a little bit, but that went south. There will be someone else, so I'm not worried about it.

My grandfather (mom's side) had a stroke about a month ago, and his memory is completely mixed up. He's basically got 20 yrs worth of memories that are playing mix-match. He claimed I had a fiancee. We'll just leave it at that! :) We had a little bit of a scare this past week as his condition seemed to worsen, but he's stable again. I'm not really close with my family, so this didn't hit me as hard as it hit my mom and brother. However, I didn't see my extended family for the first 8 yrs of my life (stationed in Germany, dad was in Army), and I only lived in the same area as they for 6 yrs. Therefore, I never really got a chance to make that "family" connection/bond. Anyway, I'm rambling now.

Hope all are doing well.
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 7 Nov 2006
CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 5 Feb 2007

Offline Life

• Member 2005
Re: Results are in!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 03:41:05 pm »
Molton,  as your doc probably said, "its probably about time" to help your body out in the fight...   No luck wishes, your going to be just fine...

Love

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 06:04:03 pm »
Go for it!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! Good luck with your medicines!!

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline Cheetara74

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 06:25:38 pm »
Good luck with your meds.  Unfortunately, my results are bad.  I currently take Norvir, Truvada, & Reyataz.

CD4:  20
VL:   100,000 copies

Offline Teresa

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 06:44:22 pm »
Molten,

Good luck starting the new med. Hope you do as well on it as hubby has. I know you will do just fine!

So sorry to hear about your grandpa. Hope he gets better soon. Will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Eldon

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 12:44:22 am »
Hey Molten! It is Eldon.

It is good to hear from you and know that you are doing well. Your lab results look good and now you have your new prescription in hand. Just remember to take your meds as the Doctor has so prescribed them to you.

As for your family, I send my BEST wishes to your grandfather that he recovers well. As for your mother and brother, they are a good source for your support system. Try and make that bond with them.

Health wise, take your meds, get some exercise, drink plenty of fluids, watch your diet, choose a multi-vitamin, and most of all get plenty of rest.

Have the BEST Day!

P.S. You will find the right love for you. It just takes time.

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 01:10:37 am »

good luck sweety!

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 01:16:03 am »

Molten,

Labs are funny.  My CD4 was lower than yours (316) but % higher and VL lower.  Nonetheless, when it's time it's time.  I wish you the best.  I think you'll like this "atripla" stuff though :)

take care,
brian

Offline poobear

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 02:14:35 am »
Molten,
    Labs sound good, and with the new meds I am sure your numbers will be even better.  Hope there are no side effects (I have never taken Atripla) and do not know anything about it.  Sorry to hear about your grandpa.  Even though your not that close it still affects you.  Best Wishes  Rachel

Offline pragyamishra

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 03:56:17 am »
Hey Molten!

Best of Luck with the MEDS. Take them on time.
Results look good.

Caio
Prags

Offline Iggy

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 09:11:33 am »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:28:32 pm by Iggy »

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2006, 11:30:01 pm »
Best of luck, tho I doubt you will need it. You will be ok...I just have a good feeling about you.

Love,
Jeff
Positive since 1985

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2006, 07:52:17 am »
Molten...

I do wish you good luck and every good thing life has to offer.     Your numbers are good and hopefully they'll stay that way.  You're a sweetheart........ Best of luck, good buddy. 

((((( BIG HUG ))))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 08:10:57 am by david25luvit »
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2006, 05:09:05 am »
Thanks to all of you for the positive reinforcements! :P (No pun intended)

I turned in my prescription on Saturday, and I go to pick them up on Wednesday. The pharmacy had to order my prescription first. Wednesday is the day!

Right now, I'm just burying myself in finding a job and playing EverQuest 2. Yes, I'm an EverCrack fan. If anyone out there plays, send me a PM to tell me which server/character.

My grandfather is doing much better since they took him off of the tranquilizers. His system doesn't handle medications well for the most part.

Thank you for the kind words in regards to relationships in general. Sobriety is definitely a required quality in potential suitors. I have no time for "asshole" drunks or even drunks in general.
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 7 Nov 2006
CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 5 Feb 2007

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2006, 08:08:13 am »
Hey Molten,

So, Wednesday is the day? I know you'll do well. I just have that gut feeling.

Keep us posted.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline roadlesstraveled

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 02:21:25 am »
Molten, I've been on Atripla for a little more than a month now. I have not had any side affects at all. My CD4 jumped from 283 to 368 and VL from 11,000 to 280 the first month. This is my first time ever replying on this site but WOW the people here are better than any thing I could have wished for after being diaganosed July 06.
Man never knows precisly what is right. So torn between a purpose and a doubt, he first builds windows to let the light in, then hangs curtains to shut it out.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.