Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:28:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773201
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 571
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 560
Total: 563

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: school shopping. o.o;;.  (Read 2921 times)

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
school shopping. o.o;;.
« on: August 02, 2006, 04:28:15 pm »
okay so in the next three weeks (i go back on the 28th) i need to get-
a) awesome clothes
b) awesome school supplies
c) courage. ><; eep.

I want like a whole different sort of style of clotheeesss when I go back. And I want unique. I'm not sure exactly how to accomplish looking nice and looking very different. I like to design things myself, or I'll use an old shirt and cut it up and sew stuff on it and stuff.

But I dont' have a lot of choices about where to buy clothes around here.  :( Walmart, the mall, that's about it. I'm rather limited and my family hardly has any money. Thrift stores are definite because i can get like a tshirt for 75 cents and make it look cool. But I'd like ideas.

Go crazy, by the way, with the ideas. just nothing that is expensive, please. I like all sorts of colors and stuff like that so I'm pretty much open to anything.

I also want a cool hat. O.o; give me cool hat ideas.

school supplies! i think ill be using my old bookbag:

it's been faithful to me. xD. and its cool. during the school year it has more buttons on it, other than just the Mars Attacks button cause I take them all off my favorite jacket and put it on my bookbag. but yeah, it's a pink and black messenger bag.

I also have a button that says WWWD (what would willard do?) and it has a black rat on it. xD. a yellow one wiht a mouse on it that says 'mice are nice', a black one that says ' I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone that doesn't have a weapon" and a button with a rainbow background that says RECRUITER in white letters. bwahahaa.

so, yeah. haha. i want to get my school supplies at Morning Glory - http://www.mg-usa.com and theres a store in Princeton and me and my dad like to go to Princeton to shop/hang out and we'll probably get them there.

i think i'm just gonna get a binder and some notebooks andf olders like normal. or skip the binder maybe. i dunno. i dunno what im gonna need for my classes? any suggestions?

Honors environmental science
honors world history
intro to sci fi and fantasy
creative writing I
algebra 2
cp geometry
british literature
spanish 3
art 3
and then gym and my science labs and stuff

how my notebooks/folders do you think i'll need? what extra stuff should I get?

o.o;

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
Re: school shopping. o.o;;.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 06:52:31 pm »
Plain binders, preferably brown paper covered, with an enigmatic postcard stuck on each, and yellow wide ruled paper or 5mm square ruled paper (so European), ideally spiral bound with perforations.

Happy shopping
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline Sdgirl

Re: school shopping. o.o;;.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 10:46:41 pm »
Sounds to me like you should just rely on your creative side.  Make your own style and trust me, I'm older and I know, people will want to emulate YOU!  Be your own person.  School is rough and kids can be cruel, but I can tell you this..........when you go to your 10 year high school reunion, and you are sitting next to the most popular girl/guy in your class......you will realize they are just the same as you.  Too bad we didn't know then what we know now!

Lisa
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves.."Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.