Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:20:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 647
Total: 650

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Don't stop living...  (Read 5928 times)

Offline PozBrian

Don't stop living...
« on: August 13, 2013, 05:06:23 am »
... if you do, you might not make it to the top of Mt Fuji to watch the sun rise. It's easy to forget sometimes. It was a long hard climb all night, but the view was worth it!

Currently Trivicay & Truvada
1/15 549 37%UD
9/14 778 35% UD
5/14 537 36% UD
6/13 632 36% UD 
6/12 559 39% UD
11/09 CD4: 379, 25% VL: UNDETECTABLE!!
10/09 CD4: 245, 25% VL: 87
9/09 CD4: 246, 24% VL: 49!
8/09 CD4: 277, 26% VL: 115
7/09 CD4: 346, 24% VL: 221
6/09 started meds.
4/09 HIV +, CD4: 397, 16%  VL:195000, PPD reactive

Offline bmancanfly

• Medicare For All !
Re: Don't stop living...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 09:23:19 am »
Good for you!   :)
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

Bertrand Russell

Offline wolfter

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 10:02:25 am »
That is an amazing view.  Congrats on your trek

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline britchick

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 10:52:19 am »
Wow!Thats a beautiful view.
Thanks for posting that and also for encouraging people to follow their dreams.

britchickx

Offline gadawg1979

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 06:09:00 pm »
Amazing and great advice.
Diagnosed March 2012
Initial CD4- 156 VL 200K (started Complera) Genotype test no resistance
First labs on meds CD4- 246 VL 2K Taken after 30 days on Complera
90 Day labs VL 306 No CD4 Drawn
8/21/2012 CD4 474 VL Undetectable (40) %20.6
11/27/2012 CD 4 522 VL Undetectable (40)
2/14/2013 CD 4 464 VL Undetecable (30) 19.6%
6/8/3013 CD 4 528 VL Undetectable (30)
9/24/2013 CD 4 546 VL Undetectable (40)
1/30/2014 CD4 560 VL Undetectable (40) 22 %
6/19/2014 CD4 584 Vl Undetecable (30)

Offline eric48

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 06:10:17 pm »
Could you easily go thru customs with your meds ?

Eric
NVP/ABC/3TC/... UD ; CD4 > 900; CD4/CD8 ~ 1.5   stock : 6 months (2013: FOTO= 5d. ON 2d. OFF ; 2014: Clin. Trial NCT02157311 = 4days ON, 3days OFF ; 2015: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02157311 ; 2016: use of granted patent US9101633, 3 days ON, 4days OFF; 2017: added TDF, so NVP/TDF/ABC/3TC, once weekly

Offline Basquo

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 09:42:27 pm »
Fantastic! I would love to do and see that...but, is there a toilet nearby?

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 10:28:24 pm »
Incredible! and better words never spoken  ;)
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline ShadowBlue

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 05:30:46 am »
The title of this thread is the total opposite of what I've done, since finding out my status.

I stopped living.

It's so hard to come out of.

I isolate like I'm getting paid for it.

Lovely picture, by the way, and good for you!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:33:10 am by ShadowBlue »

Offline wolfter

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 07:22:09 am »
The title of this thread is the total opposite of what I've done, since finding out my status.

I stopped living.

It's so hard to come out of.

I isolate like I'm getting paid for it.

Lovely picture, by the way, and good for you!

It's ok to coast on "auto pilot" for awhile.  It takes a while to completely come to grips with this virus and all it encompasses. 
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline ShadowBlue

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 05:45:07 am »
It's ok to coast on "auto pilot" for awhile.  It takes a while to completely come to grips with this virus and all it encompasses.

My "awhile" consists of a range overlapping 4 years.

I've come to grips my status, mostly.

I just can't seem to get on track, when it comes to "living" again.

Offline ratcat

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 10:00:46 am »
My "awhile" consists of a range overlapping 4 years.

I've come to grips my status, mostly.

I just can't seem to get on track, when it comes to "living" again.

Dude get over it.  HIV is only a big deal if you let it be.  The stigma is the most dangerous part because if you let it affect your decisions you may make the wrong ones and head down the bad path.  I live my life like I always did with the volume turned up.  You are lucky to be alive.  go forwards.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 10:59:39 am »
Dude get over it.  HIV is only a big deal if you let it be.  The stigma is the most dangerous part because if you let it affect your decisions you may make the wrong ones and head down the bad path.  I live my life like I always did with the volume turned up.  You are lucky to be alive.  go forward

HIV is only a big deal if you let it? Didn't your gf just die from untreated HIV?

HIV is more than just cute cliche's and pick me up phrases. 
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline ShadowBlue

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 07:03:16 am »
Dude get over it.  HIV is only a big deal if you let it be.  The stigma is the most dangerous part because if you let it affect your decisions you may make the wrong ones and head down the bad path.  I live my life like I always did with the volume turned up.  You are lucky to be alive.  go forwards.

Having gone through life with the volume turned up hasn't done me any favors, thus far, and if anything, is the reason behind my current situation.

I'm glad that method is working well for you, so kudos.

Also, I've found that whether or not it's a big deal hasn't much of anything to do with my own perception of things.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 07:05:23 am by ShadowBlue »

Offline ratcat

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 12:15:02 pm »
buginme has a point!!! u probably should not take advice from me on this subject due to my track record!!!!

Actually, I entered that response when I was fairly drunk, during my last night of beer drinking before beginning Atripla.  What I meant is that you may want to take action and get your labs done regularly and begin treatment if it is time.  Also, get out there and enjoy your life.  I do lots of sports and I push myself to be the best that I can be at them, and I am lucky enough to really enjoy my job.  Hobbies, educating yourself, laughter...anything productive is well....productive!!

My ex was like talking to a brick wall.  I loved her but she was stuborn to the point of stupidity and too pessimistic and in denial.  It was very selfish of her.  She paid the ultimate price.

Do you have any hobbies or cool sports or pass-times that you enjoy?  Are you healthy?  If you do and you are then move on because u r one of the lucky ones.  It could be much worse...don't u know?!!!!!

Offline moxieinme

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 01:32:10 pm »
Also, get out there and enjoy your life.  I do lots of sports and I push myself to be the best that I can be at them, and I am lucky enough to really enjoy my job.  Hobbies, educating yourself, laughter...anything productive is well....productive!!

My ex was like talking to a brick wall.  I loved her but she was stuborn to the point of stupidity and too pessimistic and in denial.  It was very selfish of her.  She paid the ultimate price.

Do you have any hobbies or cool sports or pass-times that you enjoy?  Are you healthy?  If you do and you are then move on because u r one of the lucky ones.  It could be much worse...don't u know?!!!!!
Yes! Find what you love. Find what turns you on. It likely won't be a big sudden obvious revelation, like a Monty Python version of God appearing in the sky to dispense wisdom or silliness, but if you stay positive (so to speak) and follow your heart, you'll be so much better for it. I know it sounds cliche, but I've managed to connect or come back to so many important things in life since HIV. It's still an ongoing process.

As for the comment about your gf being stubborn and a pessimist, it's really pushing a button for me. I'm currently living with someone who just seems to have lost his joy and sucks the life out of the room and our relationship. I'm only now grappling with how this is profoundly affecting me and my overall well being. I worried about being selfish, but a friend just reminded me this morning that self-caring is much different from selfish.

See? We're all striving to improve our lives, in simple as well as complex ways.

Salvage therapy wrangler, riding the poz bronco and dodging bullets for over 24 years.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
CD4 at diagnosis 1989 = 330
Began treatment (AZT) 1989
Lowest labs 1998: CD4=74, 7%, VL=750,000
First sustained undetectable VL in 20 years (2009); CD4=315
Current labs (12/13): CD4=637, 27%, VL=<20
Current meds: Prezista, Isentress, Intellence, Norvir

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.