Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:22:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 624
Total: 624

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Exceptional acts of compassion on AM. I want the spotlight on them.please join.  (Read 4158 times)

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
Dear family,

I want to dedicate this thread to remind you and to remember acts of true unselfish love, compassion and exceptional behaviour, altruism and plain little miracles on here that cannot be forgotten.

Brooks 'aka Amosboy' once posted a thread offering FREE CD compilations of your choice. No empty words. I got a DOUBLE one, FOR FREE. He just explained he felt good about doing this for other people. Thank you Brooks.

Or Matty.The .Damned who came to my rescue TWICE, when I had the gun pointed at my head. Not that I had asked for help... but he had smelled the real danger in my posts and mobilised the whole Forums. I really feel the need to put this in the spotlights. Thank you sister.

Or Waterduck and Joemutt.... my cry for help landed in Bangkok and was sent to Brussels where Waterduck, unknown to me, came to my rescue ... just like this. I had never met either one of these people.

And most of all : the Pm's that never see the daylight as they are intended to be private. If I could show you some of them ..
They are the true reason I hang in ... these little encouragements, words of love, form strangers and friends from across the globe...

There are no hero's... well I have mine on here, and I wanted to share them with you.

Love,

Hermie

Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
I'd save your dumb Belgian arse anytime, Hermala. :-*

MtD

Offline Nadine

I'd save your dumb Belgian arse anytime, Hermala. :-*

MtD

I feel the love Matty

Here's a toast to all the hero's of AM

Opps, wait a minute, wrong picture!

:-*  :-*

Hermie...hang in there...Dan will be there with you shortly  :)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
I agree with you Herman, we truly have some angels here.   Their compassion is overwhelming.

I have received meds (thank you Lisa, and others too), cards, gifts, phone calls (LONG LONG LONG distance phone calls) that have cheered me up, warmed my heart, and brightened my day.   I also received a double CD set from Brooks, a "disco" one he made especially for me (which I LOVE!).  My most treasured gift is an original painting, done by Jan.

We are very fortunate to have such loving, giving and caring people here at AIDSmeds.

Love,
Alan

"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Great thread Hermes. I totally agree. Amosboy is wonderful with those cds isn't he. I have 2 that he sent me cause he knows how much I love my Material Grandma aka Madonna.... ;D I guess my angels would be quite a few people but I have my "Ladies in Waiting" as I affectionately call them over in the Women's thread. Who have shown me so much support and love that they are like sisters to me.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline John2038

• Happiness is a journey, not a destination.
    • HIV Research News (Twitter)
heartforyou

You have great angels, so don't even think to disappoint them anymore playing with your gun.

If you live in EU, there is an association called Dignitas for that.

I'm not at all mentioning this association to give bad idea to you or to anyone else.
I have myself ask my membership, but with no plan to go there. Its just good to know that their are easier way to do such things, way that will give you time to reconsider your position. In contrary, a gun is an option of non return.
And as the meds have side effect, the depression as well, etc. you may have made a stupid act that you won't be able to regret.

Now their is a much better way to deal with your disease: open your heart and help others as well.
Or (and its not a joke, but everybody is different..), get closer to God.

My heart and mind is with you. Don't forget that any single soul in this forum is facing the same disease as you.
So you are not alone, and if everybody was reacting as you use to do, no one will be there today.
And those here still have wonderful days, hops, dream and even love.

Offline Iggy

Let's not forget the work of Lisa for what she does for so many.

Though I want to add a point about what Herman and others have said, when the shit hits the fan I have witnessed for others and myself people willing to step up to the plate for those in need.

I do believe that despite the ups and downs of this place, there is a heart of support that keeps it thriving.

Great Thread Herman!

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
I received the most wonderful slippers from a fellow AIDSmeds-er yesterday, presumably after my post about how cold weather makes my lipo very apparent in my hands and feet.  They're lined with the warmest of materials, though I won't disclose who sent them to me.  He knows he's a very dear person.

Amos/Brooks once uploaded a David Sylvian track or two to my iDisk account (no need for mailing CD's for me anyone!) after we'd discussed his work on line.

There are always many opportunities for acts of kindness on this board, and the generosity of spirit here never fails to impress me.  Of course, the examples I just gave are material things, but the most simple PM or posting is the same and really can give one strength.  Just last night I was re-reading a newspaper article about one of our fellow board members, and I had to send him a note to say that even on a repeat reading it was so great (though a tale of extreme adversity really) that it really gives one strength.  At some point he says he will share it with the board but can't do so right now, so I won't name who it is... but it's things like this that really makes AM special.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Ooooh!   You preach it, Hermie!

I've had more outreaches on here than I could think to list, both "tangible" (like music, some poetry sent by Win and other such things) and "intangibles" (cards, emails & personal calls when I've really needed them).

Whether tangible or not, ultimately all of these instances represented an offering of themselves to me on a very personal, spiritual kind of level.  And the difference it's made has been profound. 

I've been granted all sorts of kindnesses from the good folks here, and I consider it a priviledge to know you people...despite the rather rotten circumstance that brought us together.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.

I've been granted all sorts of kindnesses from the good folks here, and I consider it a priviledge to know you people...despite the rather rotten circumstance that brought us together.

Aye. That's something I think about often.

I love you all so much I wish I never had to meet any of you.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
I love you all so much I wish I never had to meet any of you.

Whoa.   Bravo, young one.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
I agree. There have been a few forum members who have stepped up and helped me. I won't mention any names or their acts of kindness but you know who you are. The Queen never forgets..... :-*
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline joemutt

Or Waterduck and Joemutt.... my cry for help landed in Bangkok and was sent to Brussels where Waterduck, unknown to me, came to my rescue ... just like this. I had never met either one of these people.

Love,

Hermie

[/quote
]

That's awfully sweet of you Hermoso. I love you right back. You and Waterduck and many others here have helped me a lot too.  :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline tinydaniell

so far the compassion that i have recieved so far is from thunter thanks for the encorurging words and advise
Michael

Offline lucas clay

The good people here have helped me out.
they will cry,  laugh ,love and support you.
I do love ya all.

Lucas

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.