Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:13:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 631
Total: 631

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Great time in San Francisco  (Read 6230 times)

Offline Jody

Great time in San Francisco
« on: September 25, 2007, 05:34:45 pm »
It was wonderful seeing everyone at AMG'07...I had a great time as always.  On Thursday everyone met at the hotel and that night some of us saw a great show- the cult classic "Beach Blanket Babylon"...It was lots of fun...On Friday we had the Aids Memorial in Golden Gate Park and special thanks to Jan, AllanQ and Alanbama and all those who contributed to that touching service.  Afterwards some of us went to the DeYoung museum and the flower and plant show.

On Saturday we did Alcatraz and the ferry ride was terrific, the prison was depressing as one might expect but a once in a lifetime thing to do...At night we did some bar hopping on Castro st.  Sunday many of us went to Sausalito and again the ferry ride was magnificent and it was a cute, little town to see.

Monday some of us went to the Wharf and the cable car ride back to Powell was very nice.  Afterwards I went back to Polk St. at Sacramento St. where I stayed with a friend in 1981 and it brought back memories though it was freshly painted and there were gates to keep the homeless out of the lobby, we used to have to walk over them back then.

After saying goodbye (make that so long) to folks Tuesday, always a hard thing to do,  I took the bus over to upper Haight to Haight-Ashbury St. and saw the shops, had lunch and went to the park nearby...Later in the week it was Coit tower for its magnificent views (if you can walk the many, many steps) and Thursday I went to MOMA (modern art museum) and at night I saw the show Jersey Boys at the Curran theatre on Geary st.  It was about Frankie Valle and the Four Seasons and was splendid!!!

Friday, I met up with my friend Joe, who many folks got to meet, and his friend also named Joe (and also a school teacher in S.F.) and AllanQ (our phenomenol tour guide) and we ate at Fuzio's and Joe came back to the Powell Hotel to spend the night.  Rich (pozattitude) couldn't make it, we waited but he didn't show and it was freezing. 

On Saturday, Joe and I went down to Ocean Beach and walked the beach with its rocky shores and then to Alamo Park where they have that famous row of homes often shown on TV and the movies.  Later we went to a party at one of his friends apartments.

On Sunday we met up with Allan who was kind enough to drive us over the Golden Gate bridge to Sonoma Valley wine country and we ate a lovely meal and saw alot of beautiful parts of California wine coutnry.  Sunday night it was so long to Joe and I had a safe, nice flight home Monday.

It was great to see everyone and special thanks to Dennis as well for all his hard work and effort as well as Gerry behind the scenes, Robert, and DavidNC and again to Jan and Alanbama and our AllanQ.  Thanks to EVERYONE for just being there and just being you.

Take care all and once again thanks for a great AMG.

Jody :)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 05:42:35 pm by Jody »
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Robert

Re: Great time in San Francisco
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 07:43:23 pm »
Jody, it was sooo good to see you again.  BBB was the best, especially the part where you and Curtis were trying to hawk our unused tickets.  I loved the part where the Senator from Idaho was clicking his shoes.

Everyone adds something special to the AMG and you're no exception.  Can't wait to come to NYC and pay you a vist.

Welcome home.

robert

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 10:42:14 pm »
Hi Jody

I'm glad you made it home ok, and as always it was wonderful to catch up with you again.

I'm glad you had a few extra days to spend with Joe and Allan and were able to see more of SF.

It seems I'm leaving bits of my heart all over the place, first Toronto then Montreal and now San Francisco...soon there won't be much of it to bring home... ;)

Take care, miss you

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline bonnie_nc

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 11:11:30 pm »
Hi Jody, and all my new friends from AMG San Fran "07,  What a wonderful experience getting to know all of you!  Everyone made me feel so welcome, and I had such a great time in a beautiful city, with some really fine people.  I can't thank all of you enough for your kindnesses to me, and for sharing yourselves and your experiences with me.  I hope to see you all again real soon...Meanwhile, back at the farm, I'll just hang out with David_nc and biker guy and miss you all....Thanks!
                                                                                     Bonnie

Offline Blixer

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 11:32:18 pm »
Glad you made it home ok Jody.  It sounds like you had a nice time during the rest of the week.  It was great to get to share BBB with you and the others!

David
Diagnosed 1/9/06
8/27/2007 CD4 598, 29%, VL 58 (72 wks)
11/19/2007 CD4 609, 30%, VL < 50 (84 wks)
2/11/2008 CD4 439, 27%, VL <50 (96 wks)
5/5/2008 CD4 535, 28%, VL <50 (108 wks)
10/20/2008 CD4 680, 28%, VL <50 (132 wks)
Changed to Atripla in 2012
1/14/2013 CD4 855, 35%, VL <40

Offline Curtis

• Smooth seas do not make skillfull sailors
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 11:34:13 pm »
Howdy from Texas.......I had a great time in San Francisco too.  Thank you all for making me feel welcome, I liked everyone I met there.  This weekend I'll browse the site here more and see how things work.  I'm glad it'll be easy to keep in touch here.

Curtis   :)
Probable infection: 1993
Tested poz: 10/4/1995

Much time passes.....

Worst labs in 2009: CD4 20, CD4% 3, VL 9000.
10/1/09: Ziagen, Icentress, Intelence.
11/30/09: CD4 42, CD4% 6, VL undetectable.

Hooray! :-)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 11:40:40 pm »
CURTIS!!!  Hey!  And welcome to the forums!

EDIT:  and to my Bonnie NC also! 

God, I still have the major warm fuzzies from AMG.   This trip was THE DEAL!!
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 12:40:21 am »
Hi Jody,

it was great to meet you !! How many posts will I use to say "i want to meet you again soon!". But yeah, I want to meet you again soon!

Curtis, hey you, welcome to the forums :)
Bonnie, hey you, welcome to the forums :)

Curtis & Bonnie I want to meet you again soon ! (ok i said it again but I mean it)

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline allanq

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 02:14:34 am »
Hi Curtis & bonnie_nc,

After meeting you both in San Francisco, I'm glad to see you both are now forum members.

Curtis, you and David amazed me with how much you saw and did in San Francisco. I think you'll find many wonderful people here as well as a lot of good information.

Bonnie, I loved meeting you and talking with you. I know that you have to post a certain number of times (I think it's 3) before you can send a PM, but hopefully you'll be able to read the PM I just sent you.

Allan

P.S. Jody, I'm glad I got to spend last Sunday with you & your friend Joe in the wine country. It was a very enjoyable day for me.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 11:26:12 am »
Jody,

Glad you made it home safe and sound...."thank you" seems so inadequate for everything you did for me.   I am very grateful to you.

Curtis & Bonnie, It was great meeting you both!  I look forward to you posting in the forums with all of us.

love & hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 03:54:22 pm »
Jody glad you made it home safely. Just glad Me and Lisa got to spend some time with you and Alan at Fisherman's Wharf for the day.

Bonnie and Curtis welcome to our Forum Family. Special thanks to you Bonnie for just being there among us and just for being who you are we love you.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.