Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:45:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 214
Total: 214

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: starting Isentress/Truvada  (Read 37196 times)

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
Re: starting Isentress/Truvada
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2010, 07:51:01 pm »
I would never have begun a new HAART regimen at the same time as an anti-depressant just to avoid this scenario you're now encountering.

What do you expect him to do, die of depression? He's been on antidepressants for years I believe.

EDITED TO ADD:

I guess you mean starting the Wellbutrin. Yea, probably so.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 07:58:03 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline madbrain

• No longer an active member
    • My personal site
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2010, 08:16:54 pm »
I know everyone is different but I'm on the same combo and not experiencing any side effects at all, the same goes for so many others. I have a feeling in your case your doc is right and it probably is the Wellbutrin. It could be the Wellbutrin not on it's own but interacting with the other meds, be it Isentress/Truvada or whatever else you take prescription-wise.

Well, there is no known interaction between the Wellbutrin and any of the other meds I take.

You really want to make absolutely sure about Isentress/Truvada because it's such a god combo that it's only worth switching if one is absolutely sure they are the side effects culprits (but you probably already know that). ;)

Yes, I'm not going to switch away from it unless I am sure. I see the doc next week to discuss whether to refill, or how long. I may not completely know by next week what to do.

You mentioned your CD4s but not the viral load, I assume it's undetectable.

No, it's not back yet. Kaiser takes more than one day for the VL.

I'm so suggestible that I have to go out and get some blueberry pie from Trader Joe's.

lol

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2010, 08:29:27 pm »
Well, there is no known interaction between the Wellbutrin and any of the other meds I take.

I think there doesn't have to be an official pharmacological or pharmacokinetic interaction per se for a drug to possibly elicit a side effect response when used with certain other meds.

You should also try and take the HIV meds by themselves and take everything else you take at least 2 hours before or after if you can.

Is the TJ blueberry pie sold frozen or is it in the pastry section?

Offline madbrain

• My personal site
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2010, 08:45:20 pm »
You should also try and take the HIV meds by themselves and take everything else you take at least 2 hours before or after if you can.

Not practical, I have too many pills to take.

Is the TJ blueberry pie sold frozen or is it in the pastry section?

Frozen.

Offline madbrain

• My personal site
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2010, 08:48:16 pm »
I would never have begun a new HAART regimen at the same time as an anti-depressant just to avoid this scenario you're now encountering.

Well, you weren't in my shoes. I was severely depressed and physically limited. I wasn't sure about the root causes. I now think it's likely the fatigue was from the HIV, and that led to depression. Not the other way around. But both the fatigue and depression needed to be addressed, and they were. My mood is much better now that I actually have energy, so I'm being taken off the Wellbutrin. And hopefully the nausea will disappear too.

Offline betonet

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2010, 05:47:35 am »
Madbrain, you are the man that knows what's best for your body, so maybe you made the right choice - starting HAART. Hope you will get much better now!

About this severe fatigue you experienced - could it be from all the supplements you took before starting HAART? As I remember you took a lot of different herbs and supplements. Maybe your immune system was "overloaded" from them and their interactions so this lead to the fatigue, how do you think?
Dec 2008 - diagnosed +
Jan 2009  CD4 550  CD4% ??  VL 40 000
Feb 2009  CD4 330  CD4% 18  VL Unknown
Apr 2009  CD4 406  CD4% 20  VL Unknown
May 2009  CD4 380  CD4% ??  VL 27 000
June 2009 CD4 395  CD4% ??  VL Unknown
Sept 2009 CD4 344  CD4% ??  VL 44 000
Jan   2010 CD4 397  CD4% ??  VL 250 000
May  2010 CD4 370  CD4% 16  VL 750 000
Aug 2010 CD4 385  CD4% 14  VL Unknown
Dec 2010 CD4 315  CD4% ??  VL Unknown
Jan 2010 CD4 285 CD4% ?? VL Unknown
No meds yet

Offline madbrain

• My personal site
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2010, 07:51:51 pm »
Madbrain, you are the man that knows what's best for your body, so maybe you made the right choice - starting HAART. Hope you will get much better now!

About this severe fatigue you experienced - could it be from all the supplements you took before starting HAART? As I remember you took a lot of different herbs and supplements. Maybe your immune system was "overloaded" from them and their interactions so this lead to the fatigue, how do you think?

I don't know. I have been taking a lot of them for years. And the last time I had severe fatigue - 3 years ago, which lasted 3 months - I was only taking a couple supplements (multi/selenium). Actually the fatigue resolved right around the time I started the supplements.

Unfortunately I am having a very hard time tolerating the nausea from HAART. I skipped dinner last night and took the meds. About an hour later, severe nausea started. It hasn't stopped yet - it lasted through the night and all day at work. And the ondansetron hasn't helped. I know wellbutrin is not the main cause now unfortunately - I still take wellbutrin in the morning only, and a lower dose as I'm tapering off.

I emailed my doc, he thinks the next most likely cause of nausea is Isentress, not Truvada. I will see him thursday, but I don't think there is any way I will continue this regimen. The only thing that reduces/eliminates the nausea is eating a large meal before taking the meds. But with Isentress having to be taken twice a day on schedule, that's pretty hard to do. It's supposed to be OK to take without food.

The supplements certainly caused nausea without food too, but I didn't take have to them on a schedule - my meals were at irregular hours, and if I skipped one, I would skip the supplements too.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2010, 08:12:03 pm »

Unfortunately I am having a very hard time tolerating the nausea from HAART. I skipped dinner last night and took the meds. About an hour later, severe nausea started. It hasn't stopped yet - it lasted through the night and all day at work. And the ondansetron hasn't helped. I know wellbutrin is not the main cause now unfortunately - I still take wellbutrin in the morning only, and a lower dose as I'm tapering off.

Is your evening dose just Isentress or is that the Isentress/Truvada dose?

Offline madbrain

• My personal site
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2010, 08:15:55 pm »
Is your evening dose just Isentress or is that the Isentress/Truvada dose?

I take Isentress/Truvada in the evening.

And tegretol/celexa/elmiron/prilosec. But I have been on those 4 for many years and they never caused any nausea, with or without food.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2010, 08:52:00 pm »
I take Isentress/Truvada in the evening.

My pharmacist recommended when I started the meds to start with a morning dose of Isentress/Truvada and then in the evening to take the Isentress-only dose. He said that Truvada could possibly cause sleep issues and nausea.  As it turns out, I didn't experience adverse effects from either the morning or the evening dose but he did say that issues with sleep and nausea if they happened might resolve after a short time.

I guess it depends how long you are able to deal with it before it possibly resolves.

Have you noticed such a severe reaction after taking your morning Isentress-only dose? Do you have more noticeable nausea about an hour later?

The other approach you can consider, which is unorthodox but not as far-fetched as it might sound is once a day dosing. There are people on these forums who are taking their Isentress/Truvada all in one dose (both Isentress pills and the one Truvada once a day) because it seems that the clinical trial looking at once a day dosing is going well.

There have been a few threads discussing this, it has to do with Isentress's "off-rate" or the length of time it binds to integrase. Carpediem98 is someone on here who takes it once a day and is doing well. And another member here is in the once daily clinical trial.

Of course you might think it's counter-intuitive to try once a day as far as the nausea but the advantage would be if you are able to take them alone, without taking any other meds at the same time since the nausea could be due to the fact that you are taking other meds along with them.

LINKS:

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=30227.msg371918#msg371918

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=28398.msg349832#msg349832
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 08:56:40 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline madbrain

• My personal site
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2010, 09:43:04 pm »
My pharmacist recommended when I started the meds to start with a morning dose of Isentress/Truvada and then in the evening to take the Isentress-only dose. He said that Truvada could possibly cause sleep issues and nausea.  As it turns out, I didn't experience adverse effects from either the morning or the evening dose but he did say that issues with sleep and nausea if they happened might resolve after a short time.

Well, everyone reacts differently to the meds. I have some good days without any nausea, but mostly on those days I had a big breakfast and dinner.

I'm not having sleep issues due to the Truvada.

I guess it depends how long you are able to deal with it before it possibly resolves.

It's going to be a month, I only have enough pills until saturday, and unfortunately no improvement in sight.

Have you noticed such a severe reaction after taking your morning Isentress-only dose? Do you have more noticeable nausea about an hour later?

I haven't exactly timed it. Sometimes I wake up with nausea even before the morning dose. Sometimes I don't have it when I wake up, and I will have it after taking the morning dose, depending on how much I eat.

The other approach you can consider, which is unorthodox but not as far-fetched as it might sound is once a day dosing. There are people on these forums who are taking their Isentress/Truvada all in one dose (both Isentress pills and the one Truvada once a day) because it seems that the clinical trial looking at once a day dosing is going well.

Well, that might make some sense if I can take it once a day with a big meal, but still, I do skip meals occasionally - yesterday night I snacked at work and I wasn't hungry, which is why I skipped dinner.
I was actually about to head to the gym, when the nausea started very suddenly and in a bad way.
And today I was in a 4 hour meeting at work and I felt like puking the whole time.

Of course you might think it's counter-intuitive to try once a day as far as the nausea but the advantage would be if you are able to take them alone, without taking any other meds at the same time since the nausea could be due to the fact that you are taking other meds along with them.

It is possible that it is an interaction with the other meds, but I think it's more likely related to the quantity of food I have, as far as I can tell. When you have nausea, you are less likely to eat a lot in the first place after that. I could not eat a lot today. And then the side effects from the meds worsen. I don't see a good solution except change of treatment.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2010, 12:26:11 am »
Do you know what you're going to try next? I've read Prilosec and Reyataz (and maybe other PIs too) are contraindicated.

Offline madbrain

• My personal site
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2010, 12:45:44 am »
Do you know what you're going to try next? I've read Prilosec and Reyataz (and maybe other PIs too) are contraindicated.

Prilosec is contra-indicated with lots of things. So is tegretol. I don't think there is another combo available for me without changing some of my other meds.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2010, 02:35:25 pm »
I'm not sure how urgent it is for you to not miss any doses of the other meds but if at all possible I think it would be worth it as a test if for just one day you are able to take only the HIV meds, without the other meds. To at least rule out that the nausea could be due to taking all these meds together and not to the HIV meds by themselves.

I have a strong suspicion that if you took only the HIV meds you would not experience the nausea. At least you'd know one way or the other.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 02:36:57 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline madbrain

• My personal site
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2010, 02:47:00 pm »
I'm not sure how urgent it is for you to not miss any doses of the other meds but if at all possible I think it would be worth it as a test if for just one day you are able to take only the HIV meds, without the other meds. To at least rule out that the nausea could be due to taking all these meds together and not to the HIV meds by themselves.

I have a strong suspicion that if you took only the HIV meds you would not experience the nausea. At least you'd know one way or the other.

The other meds can definitely be skipped for a day. But I'm not sure how long they stay in the system, I may have to be off them longer to rule out interactions. I'm seeing my doc tomorrow and will see what he says.

Offline madbrain

• My personal site
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2010, 01:55:19 pm »
My doc took me off HAART this morning due to the side effects. This is supposed to be a 2 weeks structured interruption. The plan is to do another VL in 2 weeks and do a tropism assay to see if Maraviroc is suitable, and HLA B5701 gene testing to see if Epzicom is suitable. The tropism assay requires some virus though, my doc said 500 copies minimum. Of course I'm already undetectable now. It may be a while before my VL rebounds high enough to do the tropism assay - the last time I was over 500 copies was on 10/14/2009. If it takes too long, then I would have to go off carbamezepine to be able to try other HAART options.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2010, 02:06:02 pm »
My doc took me off HAART this morning due to the side effects. This is supposed to be a 2 weeks structured interruption. The plan is to do another VL in 2 weeks and do a tropism assay to see if Maraviroc is suitable, and HLA B5701 gene testing to see if Epzicom is suitable. The tropism assay requires some virus though, my doc said 500 copies minimum. Of course I'm already undetectable now. It may be a while before my VL rebounds high enough to do the tropism assay - the last time I was over 500 copies was on 10/14/2009. If it takes too long, then I would have to go off carbamezepine to be able to try other HAART options.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like a reasonable plan of action.

Here's a recent article that might be of interest:

Drug Resistance Testing Is Effective Even With Low Virus Levels

LINK:

http://www.poz.com/articles/hiv_resistance_drug_761_18231.shtml

Offline madbrain

• My personal site
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2010, 02:32:45 pm »
Here's a recent article that might be of interest:

Drug Resistance Testing Is Effective Even With Low Virus Levels

LINK:

http://www.poz.com/articles/hiv_resistance_drug_761_18231.shtml

Thanks. I'm not sure if this applies to the tropism assay, however, since it is different than drug resistance.

I also asked my doc to look into the possibility of once a day isentress. If I am not forced to take it at the same time each day and can take it with my heaviest meal, then I might be OK with that too, but I'm not sure. I required solid food (bread, cakes) to avoid nausea. A light breakfast with yogurt and juice wouldn't do it.

Offline CallMeSid

• Standard
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2010, 10:43:28 pm »
I'm sorry to hear that you're having side effects.  I trust that this will all work out for you.

I have a question about this sentence:  "This is supposed to be a 2 weeks structured interruption."  How exactly is it "structured"?  I thought "structured interruption" referred to a treatment plan that called for periodic cessations of ARV therapy determined by meeting certain lab values identified in advance and the interruptions were NOT dictated by the emergence of side effects.  Did you and your MD plan before you started the meds to stop for 2 weeks once you hit a VL <75?  Or did you you two decide to stop now due to your side effects?  If it's the latter, it's not a "structured interruption" based upon my understanding of that (largely outdated) term.
07/2006 HIV-negative
06/2007 HIV-positive
07/2007 CD4: 795 (40%), VL: <50
09/2007 CD4: 629 (43%), VL: 895  (~2 weeks after measles/mumps/rubella booster)
12/2007 CD4: 854 (45%), VL: <50
03/2008 CD4: 880 (45%), VL: 151
12/2008 CD4: 943 (46%), VL: 116
05/2009 CD4: 865 (44%)  VL: 107

Offline madbrain

• My personal site
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2010, 12:21:40 am »
I'm sorry to hear that you're having side effects.  I trust that this will all work out for you.

I have a question about this sentence:  "This is supposed to be a 2 weeks structured interruption."  How exactly is it "structured"?  I thought "structured interruption" referred to a treatment plan that called for periodic cessations of ARV therapy determined by meeting certain lab values identified in advance and the interruptions were NOT dictated by the emergence of side effects.  Did you and your MD plan before you started the meds to stop for 2 weeks once you hit a VL <75?  Or did you you two decide to stop now due to your side effects?  If it's the latter, it's not a "structured interruption" based upon my understanding of that (largely outdated) term.

No, it wasn't the plan before. I was supposed to stay on it. I wrote that the interruption was structured in the sense that all the components of the combo are stopped at once. Otherwise, if one is continued without the other, resistance would develop. It's not structured in the sense that it wasn't planned.

Offline madbrain

• My personal site
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2010, 09:58:28 pm »
Well, plans have a way of not working out ...

On sunday morning, after 3 days off HAART, I still experienced nausea. Not as bad as before, but still annoying, until I had lunch. And to top it off, on sunday afternoon, my fatigue came back with a vengeance, something that hadn't happened for a month. Not a great way to spend Easter ! I was planning to do some more piano recordings, but I had to sleep instead.

I think the morning nausea was caused by a change I made in my supplement schedule. Before I started HAART on March 5, I used to take about 20 supplements, most of which I took with lunch and dinner, except for caffeine in the morning, melatonin at night, and fiber, which I took without food usually.

When I started HAART, I eliminated the 17 supplements that I used to take with meals 2x a day - I was down to just the caffeine/melatonin/fiber. I still had some nausea which were caused by the meds.

But around my third week on HAART I started adding back some of the supps - the vitamin D and calcium, which I thought were important due to the effects of my previous meds on vitamin D, and of the HAART which is listed as effecting bones as well. I also added back magnesium which should be taken together with calcium, and my multi which is generally recommended for PLWHIV. But I got lazy, and when I added these 4 supps back, I didn't spend the time to refill my daily take-out vials, and was instead taking them at home in the morning and evening, sometimes without food.
On sunday morning I took them on an empty stomach, and that's when the nausea started. I'm sure now that these 4 supps were the cause of the nausea sunday. I just cannot handle them on an empty stomach. I could handle them fine (and even with 13 more supps) with food, but just not on an empty stomach. And certainly not combined with the HAART that was also giving me some nausea by itself without those supps the first 2 weeks.

I spent some time emailing my doc back and forth monday about this. The result - I stopped those 4 supplements again, and refilled 1 month of HAART monday night after work to give it another try. I'm now taking the Isentress only once a day, at night, together with the Truvada, when my stomach is usually fuller, since I often skip breakfast. My doc said there wasn't a lot of data on the 1/day Isentress, but he has one patient in the pilot study who is doing OK so far. I'm willing to take that chance if it means lower side effects. I have had no nausea so far the last 3 nights or days since I restarted, but I have been having heavy dinners each time. If I remain free of side effects for the next month and the VL stays undetectable, I will get a 3 months supply of HAART then. And I will only add back supplements one a time, and take them with food only.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2010, 10:11:43 pm »
My god man, how many pills a day are you taking?

Offline indigolime

« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2010, 01:36:22 am »
I didn't think I would post this anytime soon, but I'm going to start meds also.

I have had a lot of fatigue for about a month, enough to be nearly non-functional. The fatigue can be traced partly to stress of starting a new job, but I have handled similar amounts of stress much better before (pre-HIV).

Despite my excellent labs, my doc thinks the HIV plays a factor in my fatigue, and not only the stress and depression, and that my body is tired from fighting the HIV. I also have some minor forgetfullness which may be some neurological symptom of HIV - or not.
He has been telling me the past few visits that for people who are symptomatic, even with good labs, it is better to treat the HIV than not.

So, I finally gave in. He wrote me a prescription for Isentress and Truvada. I already picked it up. I may start them tonight, or tomorrow night.

He wanted something that crossed the blood brain barrier, since my blood VL is already so low and any med would probably get me undetectable quickly as I have no resistance. My docs' first choice was Prezista/Norvir/Truvada which is once a day, but there was a contraindication between all P.I.s and tegretol. So he went with Isentress/Truvada - twice a day. I hope my sleep schedule improves soon so I can take it at somewhat regular intervals, since my nights vary from 7 to 15 hours currently and that may make the interval difficult to keep regular for Isentress.

I hope I'm making the right call since there is not much data in people with good labs starting meds.

12/08: negative
likely infected 12/08-3/09
6/4/09:   positive
6/09:   cd4 617;  36.4%;  vl 379
9/09:   cd4 579;  33.1%;  vl 3730
12/09: cd4 558;  31.0%:  vl 1880
4/10:   cd4 500;  30.0%;  vl 3890
     Isentress/Truvada started 4/19/10
6/4/10:  cd4 518; 32.0% vl undetectable

Offline madbrain

• My personal site
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2010, 02:07:13 am »
My god man, how many pills a day are you taking?

At the moment, 6 prescriptions adding up to 12, and 3 supplements adding up to 6, so 18 total.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2010, 11:50:20 pm »
What's the update. madbrain? Are you taking both Isentress pills together once a day?

Offline madbrain

• My personal site
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2010, 01:11:46 am »
What's the update. madbrain? Are you taking both Isentress pills together once a day?

Yes, and I have had no more side effects to speak of. I went to the lab last night. If I'm still undetectable, I will get a 3 months refill next monday when I get the result.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2010, 12:28:49 pm »
Yes, and I have had no more side effects to speak of. I went to the lab last night. If I'm still undetectable, I will get a 3 months refill next monday when I get the result.

Sounds good, please keep us posted. What time do you take Isentress/Truvada? Was there any interruption in treatment while you were figuring things out?

Offline madbrain

• My personal site
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2010, 06:44:00 pm »
Sounds good, please keep us posted. What time do you take Isentress/Truvada? Was there any interruption in treatment while you were figuring things out?

Yes, there was a 5 day interruption towards the end of last month. I'm taking the meds after dinner, between about 9pm and midnight.

Offline madbrain

• My personal site
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2010, 06:32:56 pm »
Well, I got the VL back and I'm still undetectable even after 3 weeks on the 1/day Isentress schedule, so I'm going to get the 100 days refill tonight.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2010, 06:38:13 pm »
Well, I got the VL back and I'm still undetectable even after 3 weeks on the 1/day Isentress schedule, so I'm going to get the 100 days refill tonight.

yaaay!

Offline ruralguy

« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2010, 09:52:26 am »
I know it is a big decision Madbrain and wanted to wish you good luck with this combo. 

All the best, ruralguy
tested positive June 19, 2009
7/3/09 vrl 9000 cd4 - 300
8/14/09 cd4 - 350, 20%
started Atripla 9/14/09
10/5/09 vrl undetectable, WOW so fast!
12/28/09 vrl undetectable, CD4 - 615  27% cholesterol down, kidney function normal
4/26/10 vrl undetectable, CD4-600, kidney and liver numbers normal
9/9/10 vrl undetectable, CD4-685
1/3/11 vrl undetectable, CD4-700
all 2011 and Jan 2012 visits vrl undetectable CD4 ranged from 715-645
5/7/2012  vrl undetectable, CD4-615, all liver, kidney, lipids, heart functions, etc normal

On Atripla:  "Your mileage may vary"

Offline madbrain

• My personal site
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2010, 08:07:07 pm »
I know it is a big decision Madbrain and wanted to wish you good luck with this combo. 

All the best, ruralguy

Thanks !

I really think it was the right one now. I haven't felt as good as I did in recent weeks for a while.

Offline Billy B

« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2010, 08:17:54 pm »
Thanks !

I really think it was the right one now. I haven't felt as good as I did in recent weeks for a while.

Madbrain- Does your doctor know that you are taking all your meds once a day? I asked mine about it and he wasn't too keen on the idea although the Merck rep told him that some people were doing it with success.
Billy
VL 4420 CD4 340 CD4% 24   3/15/10 Started I&T
VL  UD   CD4 340 CD4% 26.5 05/13/10
VL  UD   CD4 360 CD4% 27.1 08/3/10
VL  UD   CD4 310 CD4% 28.4 11/22/10
VL  UD   CD4 420 CD4% 27.9 02/11/11
VL  UD   CD4 370 CD4% 26.4 06/08/11
VL  UD   CD4 360 CD4% 27.7 09/23/11
VL  UD   CD4 370 CD4% 28.3 01/20/12
VL  UD   CD4 430 CD4% 28.8 05/11/12
VL  UD   CD4 370 CD4% 28.1 09/07/12
VL  UD   CD4 390 CD4% 32.3 03/14/13
VL  UD   CD4 450 CD4% 29.8 09/10/13
VL  UD   CD4 430 CD4% 31.0 04/29/14
VL  UD   CD4 520 CD4% 34.8 11/05/15
VL  UD   CD4 440 CD4% 33.5 03/10/15
VL  UD   CD4 450 CD4% 30.5 08/23/16
VL  UD   CD4 510 CD4% 34.0 07/21/20  (Biktarvy)

Offline madbrain

• My personal site
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2010, 06:36:18 pm »
Madbrain- Does your doctor know that you are taking all your meds once a day? I asked mine about it and he wasn't too keen on the idea although the Merck rep told him that some people were doing it with success.
Billy

Yes, he is aware of it. This is why the VL test was re-ordered early. I'm not surprised it's working for me given how low my VL was to begin with.

Offline Billy B

« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2010, 11:50:20 pm »
Yes, he is aware of it. This is why the VL test was re-ordered early. I'm not surprised it's working for me given how low my VL was to begin with.

I am really happy that it is working out so well for you.
Peace,
Billy
VL 4420 CD4 340 CD4% 24   3/15/10 Started I&T
VL  UD   CD4 340 CD4% 26.5 05/13/10
VL  UD   CD4 360 CD4% 27.1 08/3/10
VL  UD   CD4 310 CD4% 28.4 11/22/10
VL  UD   CD4 420 CD4% 27.9 02/11/11
VL  UD   CD4 370 CD4% 26.4 06/08/11
VL  UD   CD4 360 CD4% 27.7 09/23/11
VL  UD   CD4 370 CD4% 28.3 01/20/12
VL  UD   CD4 430 CD4% 28.8 05/11/12
VL  UD   CD4 370 CD4% 28.1 09/07/12
VL  UD   CD4 390 CD4% 32.3 03/14/13
VL  UD   CD4 450 CD4% 29.8 09/10/13
VL  UD   CD4 430 CD4% 31.0 04/29/14
VL  UD   CD4 520 CD4% 34.8 11/05/15
VL  UD   CD4 440 CD4% 33.5 03/10/15
VL  UD   CD4 450 CD4% 30.5 08/23/16
VL  UD   CD4 510 CD4% 34.0 07/21/20  (Biktarvy)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.