Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:44:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773300
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 639
Total: 639

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New forum Moderator  (Read 7363 times)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
New forum Moderator
« on: May 09, 2023, 03:13:23 pm »
Hi All,

As you know, we have been looking for volunteers, and Leatherman has kindly volunteered to step up and help us.

The extra help will be greatly appreciated. Please join me in giving a warm welcome to Leatherman in his new forum role :)

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: New forum Moderator
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 03:20:39 pm »
I would have said congratulation, but I won't, considering it is unpaid and the number of questions you will have to answer about fingers and things in various bodily orifices  ;D 
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 03:42:02 pm »
Thanks for letting me help out.
You've done a great job here Jim and I felt you could use some help. ;)

After my 2nd partner passed away, I felt indebted to two groups of people - those hospice volunteers who helped me as much as they could and the members here who not only supported me emotionally, but  who literally helped me pay for my partner's cremation. I knew then and there I needed to do something to give back (but I sure didn't want to sit by another deathbed) so I ended up doing health fairs, college HIV education events, peer support and working with the Ryan White programs in both North and South Carolina. However, sometime after the Covid lockdowns, I backed off on my Ryan White and clinic volunteer work. While I had somehow turned into an old white man LOL, I needed to step aside to let younger black MSM and women of color step up to help reach those groups suffering the most disparity in the American health care system.

But that left me antsy to get back to doing something. Following along in the AII? forum and hanging out in our vid chats, I decided I'd like to give you a hand, and do my part helping this site when the people here had helped me so much.

Now, no fights anyone or any crazy treatment scams or I'll slap you with a ban. ROFLMAO
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2023, 03:46:52 pm »
the number of questions you will have to answer about fingers and things in various bodily orifices  ;D
;D ;D ;D
it wouldn't be so bad if the stories were written up like the smutty books I read; but I've seen that forum ??? ::) :P :o
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Loa111

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2023, 04:38:49 am »
Welcome Mikie Leatherman & thank you very much for volunteering your time to help Jim with mod work.

Both of you have giving me excellent help & support over the years & still do, so thank you very much Jim & Mikie, I am most grateful.

Also I love Leatherman's positive outlook on life being poz & him surviving near death twice. He really inspires me to live my poz life to the max & not take being poz so seriously. :)

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2023, 09:30:06 pm »
Leatherman, Goodluck and best wishes

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2023, 04:55:43 am »
I wanted to post something witty about the inmates now running the asylum… BUT… it is actually so gracious that you both give your free time to inform and support perfect strangers simply needing a lifeline! You two are wonderful human beings. Thank you!
JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Strive for “One Day When” by collecting “One Day Wins”

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2023, 08:30:11 am »
He really inspires me to live my poz life to the max & not take being poz so seriously. :)
you know though, worse than the twice I was hospitalized was losing two long term partners to AIDS. The house fire, 3 burglaries, and 14 car accidents (none my fault) were no walk in the park either. But all those things put life into prospective for me and I created my own golden rule that gets me through my life:

Any day I'm NOT in a hospital, no matter how terrible the day, is still a great day.

Keeping that in mind, I just can't care too much about popping a couple pills a day, dealing with the aches/pains of being 61 and living my 39th yr with HIV, because I'm not in a hospital today and it's going to be a great day for me! :D

Well maybe it's only a GOOD day - it's still too cold to get in my pool  :( Why is it so cold here in SC with June just around the corner?!?!
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2023, 08:32:26 am »
Thanks Everyone!

I wanted to post something witty about the inmates now running the asylum
someone's itching for Leatherman to spank them with a 28-day ban. ROFLMAO  ;D ;D

strangers simply needing a lifeline!
That's the thing I learned the most doing peer support at my local clinic. Sex ed sucks in a lot of places (well, most places TBH) and people just need to have the risks and risk management explained. Others just need to know that this diagnosis IS manageable now and is NOT the end of the world like it was decades ago. This site has done that in spades for 24 years now.

As COVID settled in, and as demographics have changed (the groups hardest hit by HIV in America now are black MSM, women of color, and trans), I moved away from my Ryan White work. I really enjoyed that work but as an old white man now there are younger people than me who need to step in to help their communities because I'm just not the right representative for them. But I've enjoyed all my volunteer work and still wanted to do something. Jim's been a great Mod for a long time now; but everyone deserves some help. I couldn't be happier to step up here and help this site that's been so helpful to me for decades.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.