Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:08:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 519
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 469
Total: 471

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Starting Eviplera/Complera this evening and have a couple of Q's  (Read 4148 times)

Offline D_H

Hi All,
I have been positive for around 5 years now and have got to the point of starting treatment. VL: 3000-4000 CD4: 350

I have never taken any treatment before, and am starting Eviplera with my evening meal, but forgot to ask my nurse a couple of questions so I hope some knowledgeable person on here can help!
I know the very basics; must be taken with a meal of 500kcal or more but that is about all.

Does my meal need to be at the exact same time everyday?
Or can I eat at say 6pm one day and 8:30 the next?
Or stick to exact same time for a couple of months, then can have a few hours leeway?

Is it just the meal I take with the pill that needs to be more than 500kcal? Because I don't often eat a breakfast, but will be taking the pill with my evening meal.

Do I take it just before eating? Just after? Halfway through? Or does that matter
(when I say just before or just after, I mean 'just' as in 5-10 mins)

Sorry for all the questions, I am sure they have probably been asked many times before but are hard to search for!

I have read many, many post's of people worrying about side effects so I am well clued up for them, just wondering/worrying about the time's of eating!

Thanks in advance, and hope to hear back from someone soon!

Offline Delby

Re: Starting Eviplera/Complera this evening and have a couple of Q's
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 07:25:57 am »
Hi,

Does my meal need to be at the exact same time everyday? 

Answer: No, you have leeway. I work between 30 mins leeway, but i've heard people say you have up to 2 hrs, just like Atripla.

Or can I eat at say 6pm one day and 8:30 the next?

Answer: Covered above.

With regards to number of calories. It doesn't need to be 500 calories. I am for about 350-390 calories. That's sufficient. What's most important is the fat content. Make sure you have at least 12g of fat. Can get this from Almonds, cashews, peanut butter etc.

I take my meds before, inbetween and after. It doesn't matter. It works all 3 ways. What ever you prefer.

Delby

Offline D_H

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 08:08:47 am »
Thanks for the reply!
Well, I had 2 Bacon Cheeseburgers last night, so the calories and fat were well covered there! I was just told 533kcal on the leaflets that I have so was working to that but it is nice to know that it doesn't have to be so many if I don't feel like it (even though I very much doubt any of my evening meals will ever be less than that)

I took my first pill yesterday at 6:45 (UK time) as well as the anti-nausea medication I was given to take for the first couple of days and so far so good!

I didn't have any problems sleeping, no funny dreams
I do have a very slight headache and a tiny bit light headed here and there, but I could just have a headache as it is hot and I haven't drunk much today so far.
And I am feeling slightly bloated and gassy, but it isn't uncomfortable.

Roll on 6:45...

Thanks again for the reply.

Offline Delby

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 06:44:11 am »
Hey DH

Glad to see you're doing well with it. It really is a fantastic ARV. I changed from Atripla to Complera and the difference in side effects is astronomical. I suffered every day for 5 yrs on Atripla and now i'm side free. Yes i get fatigued, but i think that has more to do with the disease and the fact I have terrible chronic insomnia, rather than the meds.

PS Just a word of advise and hope you don't think i'm being 'preachy', but I would seriously look to change your diet. Eating 2 cheeseburgers every night will kill you faster than HIV. You may want to think about changing your diet and eating healthy. Filling your body with that shit on a regular basis will do a lot of damage in the long run!

Delby

Offline D_H

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 07:11:10 am »
Thanks again for the reply, I am glad that I am not experiencing side effects.

Don't worry, I don't eat like that everyday. Only having those as they weren't cooked on the Barbeque we had the day before!

I do need to make a few subtle changes to my diet as don't eat as well as I could do, but it is pretty balanced as it is now. Just need to include a few more fresh fruit and veg!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.