Main Forums > Living With HIV

WTH ! Vampire facials

(1/3) > >>

Jim Allen:
WTF is wrong with people

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/vampire-facials-at-new-mexico-spa-may-have-exposed-customers-to-hiv/

A "vampire facial" is a non-surgical facial where a patient's blood is drawn and then components of the blood are injected back into the face using micro needles. The procedure attracted some buzz after being popularized by celebrities like Kim Kardashian.

Jim Allen:
The headline overreacting news aside, why the fuck would anyone want to draw their blood and than inject it back into their face??

Also why would I want my old blood back? If it was not doing the trick in the first place why have it back?

This sounds a lot like that fad of sticking a wasp nest up your box we saw a few years ago, is this the next thing ?the wasps were fed up so now its injecting blood instead  :o

it all sounds mental

The wasp nest in your vagina fad; https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=66529.msg727618#msg727618

Jim Allen:
Ill be honest when my mate said "Did you see that about vampire facials?" My mind thought he was on about some nasty oral sex ;D

CaveyUK:
Well the article doesn't say exactly why there is an HIV/Hep risk, but presumably they could have re-used needles across customers.

I'm with you on the 'what the fuck?' part of it. I suppose it is an ignorant extrapolation of the 'plasma rich injections' that some althletes use to allegedly aid recovery. Of course with those, the blood taken is treated via a centrifuge before being injected back. This sounds like a fad which is loosely based on the logic behind that I suspect.

It's all madness of course.

Jim Allen:

--- Quote from: CaveyUK on September 13, 2018, 05:27:21 pm ---Well the article doesn't say exactly why there is an HIV/Hep risk, but presumably they could have re-used needles across customers.
--- End quote ---

Indeed drawing blood into vacuum and injecting, reusing that is a no-no, if its not that then its just the usual overreaction.

--- Quote from: CaveyUK on September 13, 2018, 05:27:21 pm ---I'm with you on the 'what the fuck?' part of it. I suppose it is an ignorant extrapolation of the 'plasma rich injections' that some althletes use to allegedly aid recovery. Of course with those, the blood taken is treated via a centrifuge before being injected back. This sounds like a fad which is loosely based on the logic behind that I suspect.

It's all madness of course.

--- End quote ---

Agreed, its utter madness.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version