Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:44:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 203
Total: 203

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Im very Worried  (Read 15438 times)

Offline carlosmigue

Im very Worried
« on: November 18, 2007, 10:03:19 am »
hi first excuseme for my english but i am ecuadorian, i have sex with a girl, from the start to end i use condom, i like to know the probabilty i have to be infected if this girl have hiv?
This was o month ago, i feel somo sympthoms of hiv, i relly worried i dont know what to do, please help me

Offline carlosmigue

Re: Im very Worried
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 10:12:42 am »
please someone answer, im very worried

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 10:19:02 am »
carl,

Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv transmission and so you did not have a risk.

Symptoms or even the lack of symptoms are meaningless when it comes to diagnosing hiv. ONLY testing will reveal your hiv status. However, you did not have a risk and you do not need to test.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Although you do NOT need to test over this specific incident, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Keep using those condoms and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline carlosmigue

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 10:36:21 am »
the condom is 100% sure? i really worried because i have rash cutaneo, muscle pain, diarrea, problems with my linfatic glandulas. i have one in my neck and other in my ingle

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 10:50:54 am »
Carl,

See your doctor about your symptoms. Whatever is going on has nothing to do with hiv as you did not have a risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 10:54:11 am »
First of all, NOTHING sexually is 100% sure except if you don't have sex or if you only use your own hand.

But having said that, I will repeat what Ann has told you. Latex condoms provide very effective protection against HIV transmission. You used one. That's exactly what you're supposed to do.

Your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV. You should discuss them with your doctor. And for future reference you need to know that neither the presence nor the absence of symptoms will ever tell you anything accurately about your HIV status. Only an HIV test taken at 13 weeks can give you that answer.

But you didn't have a risky incident so no testing is necessary. You are worrying needlessly.

Cheers,  
Andy Velez

Offline carlosmigue

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 12:01:03 pm »
thank you very much I really apreciate the work you do, i will take the test in a month or two just for prevention, god bles you.. i let you know the results of the test

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 12:12:22 pm »
I'm gland you found the exchanges to be helpful.

I certainly expect you will test negative.

Andy Velez

Offline carlosmigue

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 09:19:27 am »
hi its me again, just to know, how much live a person ho had HIV and take medicines for ths? (antietrovirales)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 09:49:59 am »
Carl,

How long is a piece of string? People will live for varying amounts of time no matter what their health status might be.

This question has no relevance in your case. You did NOT have a risk of infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline carlosmigue

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2007, 07:39:34 pm »
Hello its me again, have a doubt and wait not to be a nuisance.
Already who are going to say to me that the symptoms do not say anything sure, .
Two nights ago without realizing while I sleep I ejaculate like an orgasm or something else without a reason, I have a light pain in the right testicle, in your) experience there is one or knows if this it can be a symptom of infection?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2007, 08:03:56 pm »
It's not a symptom of HIV infection. If you have a concern see your doctor. You cannot be diagnosed over the Internet.

Offline carlosmigue

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2007, 07:36:16 am »
hi, i see my doctor, i have the results of the test of any infection in my stomach or my penis, nothing in there, i very scare, if doesnt exist any infection in my stomach, why i have diarrea? why i fell litle pain in my testicle? why i have muscle in my arm for three days? i know i cant have a diagnostic for internet but i need your help because the test of hiv is in 2 months

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2007, 08:28:37 am »
You had protected sex and were never at any risk for HIV. If you have a concern about your symptoms, see your doctor. It has nothing to do with with HIV.

Offline carlosmigue

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2007, 08:45:32 am »
i know i have a safe sex but like Andy told me, nothing in sex is 100%, i really worried because exist one chance to be infected, is a litle chance but is a chance, can you tell me what symptoms are very comom in hiv infecction please

Offline carlosmigue

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2007, 07:40:39 pm »
Hi experts,i know there are no specific symptoms of infection of hiv, but now I am more scared that before since all the symptoms that I have they have gone away but a few small red spots have apear in my chest, it can be this for the stress? or is a rash for hiv?
i am very worried about this, i like to know more about hiv infection and the symptoms,
all symptoms apear at the same time or is one on one?
please help me

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2007, 07:48:56 pm »
You didn't have a risk and HIV cannot be diagnosed by symptoms. If one was to have ARS the symptoms would come on all at once and leave all at once.

Offline carlosmigue

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2007, 07:55:25 pm »
you are right i dont think in that, you think i need to do the test in my situation?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2007, 08:00:16 pm »
No.

Offline carlosmigue

What is PEP or profilactic?
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 05:25:28 pm »
 profilactic can kill hiv if you detect in max of 72 hours of the first contact? it is true?

Offline RapidRod

Re: What is PEP or profilactic?
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 05:44:42 pm »
If you would take time and read the lessons section you would find the information.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 09:27:30 am »
I've merged your threads. Please follow our rule and keep all of your entries in this same thread.

You are worrying without any cause about HIV infection. You had protected intercourse. Condoms provide very effective protection.

Whatever is causing your symptoms has nothing to do with HIV.

Your idea of using PEP is absolutely ridiculous. There is no basis for it. And should you ever have a genuinely risky incident such as intercourse without a condom, (which I hope will not happen), then it must be started within 72 hours after an incident and continued for 28 days.

But you weren't at risk. Period. End of story.

Andy Velez

Offline carlosmigue

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2007, 01:00:30 am »
sorry for all, i am so worry, i know my risk  is very low but my symtoms are kiling me, this symptoms are very scary specily the linfatic node in my right ingle(i dont know how to say in english), i like to know if you know some body ho have all the symptoms and when hi or she do the test that was negative, please

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2007, 01:14:37 am »
Carlos,

You need to calm down. You do not have HIV. If the glands in your groin (inguinal lymphatic nodes) are swollen then see your doctor.

You do not have HIV.

MtD

Offline carlosmigue

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2007, 01:37:48 am »
I see my doctor and he send to me to do an urine exam but not nothing in there, i dont know if it is possible to be for every moment i touch my self in inguinal lymphatic node serch some thing but I am very scared because i had many symptoms because of it my question if you know somebody who has had the symptoms and after the examinations is negative

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2007, 01:41:30 am »
Carlos,

If you keep touching your glands they will swell. Stop prodding them. You do not have HIV.

MtD

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2007, 01:46:09 am »
This forum is littered with people who have had "the symptoms" and came up negative.  Most all of the people posting in Am I Infected swear they have "all the symptoms" of HIV yet turn up negative...because they - like you - really had protected sex in the first place and therefore had NO RISK for HIV. 

"The symptoms", by the way, mean absolutely NOTHING here because there are all sorts of conditions that MAY or MAY NOT show up during HIV infection.  I personally have known several people who have been seriously on the brink with HIV infection without showing any so-called symptoms.  In fact, I am one of them. 

You had NO RISK.  You are HIV NEGATIVE.  Move on.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline carlosmigue

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2007, 04:56:52 pm »
Thank you for everything, this situation is a hell and my mind is going to exploit because is in my mind 24 hours at day since this began, is a great think all what you do to help people god blesses you, i´m reporting you of my results. Thanks for all

Offline carlosmigue

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2007, 05:27:15 pm »
sorry for insisting, but I want an advice, can live normally without taking any class of precaution not to infect any person or must be careful up to the test carrying out, do not refer to the condom since always I use it but to other things as dental brush or razor, I am afraid to infect persons that I love
can i have sex with my girl friend if im sure she is negative? i have a lot of fear to infecting she....

Offline carlosmigue

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2007, 12:50:22 pm »
please someone anwser i dont know what to do, please help me....

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2007, 12:53:14 pm »
Go back and reread all the replies that have been given you. You did not have a risk.

Offline carlosmigue

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2007, 12:56:06 pm »
thaen i can have sex with out a condom with my girlfriend?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2007, 12:58:23 pm »
Yes, if you know for sure she's hasn't had an exposure.

Offline carlosmigue

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2007, 09:34:51 am »
Hello, today I have got up and new symptoms have appeared, I have a few small red spots in my chest (rash), nasal congestion that one does not treat one month ago, inconvenience in the asillas, pain in the arms without realizing any effort, for already almost two months that I felt in risk all that has happened to me:
1.-Rash in the chest
2.-flu, nasal congestion,
3.-muscular pain
4.-pain of conjunctures, knees and wrists
5.-impede to breathe as im tired without it
6.-nigths sweats
7.-headaches
8.-pain in the groin
9.-pain in the testicle
10, - diarrhea
11.-mouth aphthas
 12.-sensation of wanting to urinate constant
I am very afraid and I me cannot extract this of my head, that utilese condom but nonetheless(though) I do not understand these symptoms there seems to me to be too much coincidence that they me appear just after the relation of risk, I cannot find this girl and some peolple have said to me that she is hiv positive. I put to doubt of if the condom did not break or if tape-worm small hollows or if maybe when she touch it with his hands and had any injury in her hand i dont know. Help me it cannot be so many coincidence

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2007, 09:47:31 am »
You didn't have a risk and you've been told over and over again. Your symptoms doesn't have anything to do with HIV. If you have a concern see your doctor.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2007, 09:56:20 am »
I do not understand these symptoms there seems to me to be too much coincidence that they me appear just after the relation of risk

Carlos,

You're not listening. You didn't HAVE a risk. Protected intercourse is just that; protected. No risk.

If you've read the Welcome Thread like you're supposed to, you would have read the following:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

You had no risk. There is nothing more we can do for you here. If you're experiencing symptoms, you'll have to see your doctor to find out what, if anything, is going on. Whatever it is, it is NOT hiv.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline carlosmigue

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2007, 11:22:15 pm »
hi ann and every body in the lasts weeks im very calm down but something is happen again, in my chest and in my neck i have a red points a litle big exactly 3 ho gives me itch. my girlfriend have one in the cheek, this hapen 4 days ago and  stiil in my body

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2007, 11:24:09 pm »
Carlos,

You don't have HIV. Your symptoms are not caused by HIV.

I'm reporting this thread to the Moderators for review. I cannot see how we can help you any further.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2007, 05:54:39 am »
Carlos,

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Whatever is going on with you has nothing to do with hiv as you had no risk. Go see your doctor.

Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline carlosmigue

Thank so much all of you people
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2008, 08:54:14 pm »
hi its me again, remember all problems and sypthoms i think i have, i do the test, and was negative, thank you for all suport that you give me

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2008, 09:32:34 pm »
Carlos, I've merged your threads because our rule is to keep all of your entries in the same thread.

I'm happy to know that you have tested negative and finally have some peace about this concern which was troubling you so much. A part of your celebrating ought to be to always remember to use a condom when you have intercourse so you never have to worry about HIV again.

Congratulations on your happy news and all the best,   
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.