Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:06:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 145
Total: 145

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Rash causing me worry  (Read 17973 times)

Offline TheQuestion

Rash causing me worry
« on: February 05, 2010, 09:35:41 pm »
Hi guys you seem to help so many people and I admire what you do for all of us that are scared out here, even though it probably gets annoying with the same issue day in day out.

On Nov. 28th I had recieved a blow Job from a female Prostitute I had found online. I have never had any intercourse before or after this, this was my first sexual experience with anyone, and I am freaking out. Around the time of this I developed an itchy rash around my armpit and arm, and then around my inner thighs. No other symptoms have really appeared, I didn't even think of HIV at this point, more along the lines of bedbugs or perhaps scabies.

Fast Forward to Jan. 11, I noticed on my penis a red bump on the head, no pain or itching from it. I went to the doctor right away, and he suggested it could be an STD. I freaked and had a full write up done. All negative at that point. Didn't do an HIV test then, and doctor suggested scabies. I started researching online, and heard about ARS rash, so I had a rapid HIV test at the 49 day/ 7 week mark at the health department. Results came back negative.

About a week later I noticed a bit of red around the top of my chest right before the neck, a litte on my face and the top of my back. It doesn't hurt or itch, its just a reddish pink and I am afraid this is ARS rash. Up until this point I have had no symptoms, and I don't know how long the red has been there, but its scaring me. My thighs and other areas I am using a treatment for scabies, and the doctor said it was negative from skin biopsy's. My main worry lately comes that another two painless and itch less bumps showed up on my penis head.  The doctor said it was eczema, but on the thighs its starting to look like pictures of ARS rash. My main concern is around where my neck meets my body, and around my back. The redness just makes me worry.
 My question, do you believe I am in the clear?
 Do you feel the Rash could be related to ARS?
 Does ARS cause any red bumps to show up on the penis head?
 Thanks for all your time

Offline TheQuestion

Re: Rash causing me worry
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 09:41:12 pm »
I forgot to add, after my 7 week negative I had a stiff neck for about 3 days after, its still a bit sore at times, could this be a symptom of ARS?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 09:55:06 pm »
You were never at risk of contracting HIV. If you are concern see your doctor.

Offline TheQuestion

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 02:03:13 am »
Thanks Rapid, but what could be the cause then, it fits in the timeframe.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 05:14:39 am »
Quest,

Getting a blowjob is absolutely no risk for hiv infection.

We only deal with hiv here. If you continue to feel unwell or worry about your health, see your doctor. Whatever is going on has nothing to do with hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline TheQuestion

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 03:10:43 pm »
Thanks guys, I feel a lot better now. So you don't think I need to go for a test at the 12-13 week mark since there was no risk from getting a blowjob?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 03:12:26 pm »
That's what we're saying.

MtD

Offline TheQuestion

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 03:16:52 pm »
Thanks a lot matty, but just all the news freaks me out with that possible risk. I have gotten much better, its just that feeling. So I take it you guys on this board never saw anyone get it from a bj and never seen a negative at 7 weeks become a positive? I just worry, it was my first experience with anything sexual and I worry about this.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 03:21:06 pm »
Question,

You chose your username well.

We have addressed your concerns - you were not at risk of HIV infection and thus you do not need to be tested over this incident.

You will not be permitted to ask the same question over and over.

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with the posting guidelines.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 06:08:32 pm »
Fortunately feelings aren't facts. It's not uncommon for someone beginning to be sexually active to find the experience anxiety-provoking as well as exciting. There's no need for testing because you didn't have any risk.

You need to take a breath and just move on with your life. There's really nothing more to say about your situation this time out. Now, breathe and move on.
Andy Velez

Offline TheQuestion

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 12:43:18 am »
Hi guys, just a question about oral, if you are getting a blow job is that a theoretical risk? Or is just giving a blowjob a theoretical risk?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 12:46:25 am »
You cannot contract HIV from getting a blowjob.

There is a theoretical risk of contracting HIV if you give an HIV positive man an unprotected blowjob, however there are no documented cases of transmission in this way.

MtD

Offline TheQuestion

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 03:07:28 am »
Thanks for the prompt answer Matty, I feel a lot better now from that since I have only received one ever, and never given. It was my first experience, so I'm trying to get all info before I move on.

One more question though. Hiv/ARS it doesn't cause any bumps on the penis to appear right? I have like 3 on there and all std tests have come back negative. I just wanna make sure HIV wouldn't cause something like this.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 03:17:46 am »
You were never at risk of contracting HIV. If you are concerned about your bumps show your doctor.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 03:18:15 am »
You have been told that you cannot contract HIV from getting a blowjob. You have been told that you will not be permitted to ask about the same non-risk again and again.

If you have bumps on your penis, show the wretched thing to your doctor.

You have been asked to read our  Welcome Thread and review the posting guidelines. Had you done so you would have noticed this:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

You were not at risk of contracting HIV and you do not need to be tested. You should move on.

MtD

Offline TheQuestion

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 03:21:31 am »
Alright sorry bout that Matty, was just making sure is all. Won't ask anymore unless I have a real risk. Thanks for all your help lately and I really appreciate all you guys do for those of us out here, stressing over things that we really have no need to worry about.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 09:28:41 am »
...and as long as you consistently without exception use condoms for vaginal and anal intercourse you won't have a "real risk." It's just as simple as that.
Andy Velez

Offline TheQuestion

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 06:28:18 am »
Hi everyone just a simple question really,
If you get Herpes from oral sex, would that increase the chances of getting HIV from that encounter? Like does getting herpes and HIV at the same time go hand and hand?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 06:44:38 am »
Hi everyone just a simple question really,
If you get Herpes from oral sex, would that increase the chances of getting HIV from that encounter? Like does getting herpes and HIV at the same time go hand and hand?
No.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 08:04:31 am »
If you already have Herpes and have an outbreak of it, that would knock your immune system down during the outbreak and make you more vulnerable to HIV. However, your vlunreability is not greater to HIV if you are in the process of acquiring Herpes.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 08:07:54 am »
Quest,

The only time having herpes is going to increase your chance of getting hiv is if you have an outbreak on your penis and you have UNPROTECTED anal or vaginal intercourse. Getting a blowjob IS NOT A RISK FOR HIV INFECTION regardless of whether or not you have a herpes outbreak.

However, if you have herpes and have unprotected intercourse or allow someone to give you a blowjob while you have an outbreak, you deserve what you get. You should not allow a herpes outbreak to come into contact with another person's body because that is how herpes is spread.

It is only PRE-EXISTING STIs of any sort that can increase the chance of hiv transmission but regardless, GETTING YOUR DICK SUCKED IS NOT A RISK FOR HIV TRANSMISSION.

You got a no-risk blowjob. Get over it and get on with your life.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned FOR THE LAST TIME!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline TheQuestion

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 09:03:46 am »
Alright guys thanks for the info, very helpful  :). I don't have herpes, at least I don't think i do, tests for other stds came back negative, along with a 7 week HIV negative test, and I would never do anything to infect another person with it if I did have it. I only ask cause bumps showed up on my genitals about a month after the incident, and I read the two go together. I just didn't realize it had to be a pre-existing condition to be of any merit. Now that you have clarified, I feel much more at ease. Thanks for all of your help and I wish you all the best in this new year.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 09:35:39 am »
You're welcome. Just keep in mind to always use a condom for intercourse by the insertive partner. If and when you get around to doing that you will be well protected as far as the sexual transmission of HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline TheQuestion

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2010, 12:15:04 pm »
Hey guys, found out my rash is just eczyma. Also my doctor told me an ars rash wouldn't last anymore than 1-2 weeks if I had one, had this one for six weeks already. So great news and it relieved my stress a lot. People if you have HIV fears a lot of it is just in your head. Need to step back and look that its a lot of guilt. Again Andy, Ann, Rapid and Matty thanks for all the help.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2010, 12:58:56 pm »
Good luck with getting your skin problem cleared up. And remember to use condoms for intercourse everytime.
Andy Velez

Offline TheQuestion

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2010, 02:47:40 am »
Hey guys, I just had two questions about HIV and ARS

1) Would a seven week HIV test be enough to be considered conclusive outside of a window period

2)Would pinkish rash on the cheeks with a few bumps that look like acne be considered an ARS rash? Also some pinkness that comes and goes on the chest. More like its there at times and goes away at times throughout the day.

Thanks for any answers guys

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2010, 02:51:26 am »
We have already answered these questions.

You were not at risk of contracting HIV.

You do not need to be tested.

If you feel ill, see your doctor.

Also: what part of  "WARNED FOR THE LAST TIME" isn't clear to you?

MtD

Offline TheQuestion

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2010, 03:06:39 am »
Sorry I am not worried, these were just more out of curiosity than worrying about myself. I already know I don't have it from all the information you all gave me.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2010, 06:22:50 am »
Quest,

You don't fool me. You're still fretting over your no risk blowjob. If you're worried about your chest, show it to your doctor. It's nothing to do with hiv.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline TheQuestion

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2010, 09:02:54 am »
Wanting to finish this up and put this part of life behind me. I got my results back at 13 weeks or 91 days. Test result was negative :) I thank everyone for all their help, and everyone listen to these guys most of it is just being paranoid with fear and guilt. I had all the symptoms and a rash and thats never a way to diagnose this. Now past this I got treatment for my rash and with the paranoia gone, all the other symptoms are gone as well. Good luck to all those out there with fear as well!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2010, 10:07:54 am »
That negative result is no surprise to us.

Use condoms everytime for vaginal and anal intercourse and you will be well protected in terms of the risk for sexual transmission of HIV.

Now, get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline TheQuestion

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2010, 12:08:54 am »
Sorry if this is out of line or will get me another ban, but I just need an answer to a question I can't seem to get anywhere. From my encounter if I got syphilis would it be easy for me to get HIV from that same encounter? Also could a syphilis infection cause an HIV test to produce false negatives?

my questions:

Would getting syphilis increase the chance of HIV from the same encounter?

Would a syphilis infection cause a false negative at 7 weeks and 3 months?

Why is there a 6 month window period stated at many places?

Again this would be very helpful to finally put my mind at total ease, and I really don't wish to be banned, but this was causing my anxiety to go up. So can you help with these questions anyone?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2010, 08:12:32 am »
1. No, getting syphillis would not increase your risk for HIV during the same encounter. Having an active case of syphillis PRIOR to the encounter would lower your immune system and make you more vulnerable to HIV and other diseases.

2. No, having syphillis would not affect the accuracy of your HIV test at 7 weeks, 3 months or anytime.

3. We're not responsible for what other sites and sources put out. The CDC, which is quite conservative, has advocated testing at 3 months for a long time, except in special cases. Those special situations include when longtime intravenous drug use is involved or organ replacement or treatment for cancer. Otherwise 3 months is a reliable testing point for a conclusive result.

Now I am going to warn you as  you well. You are on the verge of another Time Out here or even being banned from the site. Cut out the drama and get on with your life. 
Andy Velez

Offline TheQuestion

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2010, 11:25:39 am »
Sorry bout that Andy, just was worried about the idea that my 91 day/3 month negative would be inaccurate with that type of infection. Then the fact CDC helpline said I needed to test out at 6 months. I believe thats what causes a lot of us to worry is all the misinformation out there especially by this agency when you call for reassurance. Besides that, the health department said I was fine at 3 months plus your info puts my mind finally to rest on this issue. Good luck with anyone that reads this thread. I wish you all the best in worrying too much. If I have another issue I shall return, but not unless its a true risk. I plan on using Condoms and practicing safe sex to avoid all the undue stress.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2010, 12:51:52 pm »
Good. Use those condoms and get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline TheQuestion

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2010, 12:23:29 am »
            Hi guys, I need an opinion. I think I need mental help with my HIV phobia I am having.On 9/17 I just recently had a condom protected blowjob for a girl at a bar. I wasn't drinking just hanging out with friends, and I decided to have some fun. I am still a virgin and haven't had sex with anyone yet. I fingered her with my bare hand which also isn't a risk for hiv as I know it. I also know the deep kissing I engaged in didn't result in transmission. I pulled the condom off at the end and ejaculated onto the girl's face and breasts. I even tested the condom by filling it up with water and no leaks, I think i freaked a bit, cause her tongue had a bit of white tint to it, and the fact it looked like she had an old cut on her bottom lip, but no blood. 
           Now I have some soreness in my inner thighs. I get paranoid and think its lymph nodes cause the soreness, and that I am getting ARS 3 days after the activity which I know can't happen until 14 days, and won't happen after 28 days or 2-4 weeks.
          Am I totally being paranoid and having some major OCD? I feel like when I clear HIV, I keep thinking I will have it, even though I read the transmission lessons, and know I am in the clear. I even take extra precaution with the condom for oral.

My main questions

1) Is my mind just playing total tricks on me and having me freak out, just cause I researched a lot from my first scare and is just using this to make me feel worse? Could it be guilt since I strayed from a relationship?
2) Can Guilt really cause such strong fear and emotions inside of you to make you lose all sense of rationality?
3) Can the inner thigh pains by my groin be a symptom of ars?
4)Do you know anyone that I could go to to get over my mind's problems
5) Does a small bit of on and off soreness happen with ARS?
6) Finally would any previous STD infections, Syphilis/Chlamydia or anything of that nature actually cause me to get Hiv even through Oral or anything like that?

Again I'm sorry to post this after such a long time, I am just wondering if you could answer these, and perhaps suggest some form of mental help I could go to for all of this. I just feel really alone right now, and anybody's help would be really appreciated.

I don't think this will get me a timeout? Its a different situation from my last one, and if this is a violation of that, I won't post on this matter anymore, I just really wanted to get this out and get some answers from experts.

Offline TheQuestion

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2010, 12:28:37 am »
Also I don't wish to be banned or given a timeout, if this last post caused a problem with that I can delete it and not post again. I may not post but reading posts when you say no risk, and the people turn out fine, or never come back and post gives me a lot of hope during the stressful times.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2010, 12:31:27 am »
            Hi guys, I need an opinion. I think I need mental help with my HIV phobia I am having.On 9/17 I just recently had a condom protected blowjob for a girl at a bar. I wasn't drinking just hanging out with friends, and I decided to have some fun. I am still a virgin and haven't had sex with anyone yet. I fingered her with my bare hand which also isn't a risk for hiv as I know it. I also know the deep kissing I engaged in didn't result in transmission. I pulled the condom off at the end and ejaculated onto the girl's face and breasts. I even tested the condom by filling it up with water and no leaks, I think i freaked a bit, cause her tongue had a bit of white tint to it, and the fact it looked like she had an old cut on her bottom lip, but no blood. 
           Now I have some soreness in my inner thighs. I get paranoid and think its lymph nodes cause the soreness, and that I am getting ARS 3 days after the activity which I know can't happen until 14 days, and won't happen after 28 days or 2-4 weeks.
          Am I totally being paranoid and having some major OCD? I feel like when I clear HIV, I keep thinking I will have it, even though I read the transmission lessons, and know I am in the clear. I even take extra precaution with the condom for oral.

My main questions

1) Is my mind just playing total tricks on me and having me freak out, just cause I researched a lot from my first scare and is just using this to make me feel worse? Could it be guilt since I strayed from a relationship?
2) Can Guilt really cause such strong fear and emotions inside of you to make you lose all sense of rationality?
3) Can the inner thigh pains by my groin be a symptom of ars?
4)Do you know anyone that I could go to to get over my mind's problems
5) Does a small bit of on and off soreness happen with ARS?
6) Finally would any previous STD infections, Syphilis/Chlamydia or anything of that nature actually cause me to get Hiv even through Oral or anything like that?

Again I'm sorry to post this after such a long time, I am just wondering if you could answer these, and perhaps suggest some form of mental help I could go to for all of this. I just feel really alone right now, and anybody's help would be really appreciated.

I don't think this will get me a timeout? Its a different situation from my last one, and if this is a violation of that, I won't post on this matter anymore, I just really wanted to get this out and get some answers from experts.

You really don't get it, do you?

Nothing here is a risk for HIV infection. Not the kissing, not the protected blowjob, not the fingering. You really need to work this out with a mental health professional, we cannot assist you with such things.

Hopefully one of our Moderators will arrange a time out for you so you can step away from the computer and seek that professional assistance.

MtD

Offline TheQuestion

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2010, 12:34:40 am »
I actually plan on that Matty, thanks for the affirmative that nothing was a risk of HIV. Good luck and good speed my friends. I feel that if I still feel nervous about this ill get tested at 13 weeks just to be totally sure and move on. Guilt and stress are so strong. I really hope the help I find can get me over this. I was fine after the last negative result, and now I just slide back in due to a mistake on my part.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2010, 07:39:23 am »
You've been coming here long enough to know that the only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. Everything else sexual is strictly only "theoretically" risky.

You need to be evaluating any sexual experience you have through the above knowledge and not coming here everytime with any panicky oh my god I did this and am I infected mentality.

I'm going to give you that Time Out you have been warned about. Don't make the mistake of creating another name. We'll spot that right off andit will get you permanently banned. This one is for 56 days.

Now do yourself a big favor and get yourself the professional help that will address your real problems about HIV and your sexuality.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 07:43:34 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline TheQuestion

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2010, 04:26:07 am »
            Hi its me after this ban, I am finally getting the help I need to combat my fears with this problem and not accepting that my experiences are no risk. I appreciate all the help you have given me and the strength your website has provided to allow me to seek this help.

Currently, I'm taking my last rapid HIV test this Thursday to get a 12 week/84 day conclusive. After that I am not to go on any sites or anything relating to HIV, or even look up anything remotely close to it or else the worries could return ;). I appreciate all you have done Matty, Ann, Teak, and Andy. You all do a great service!

I implore those that read this, to not worry about no risk situations, it takes control of your life and ruins you all for nothing. These people know what they are talking about. Getting a blowjob is no risk especially with a condom, so please don't destroy yourself with worrying, it really is not worth it.

I will post my results Thursday when I get a conclusive negative result as you like to put it Andy "For peace of mind" and hopefully that will be the last time I post on this website. If so I wish you all the best in the world for those that help us worrywells even though we can just realize your answers by looking them up. I wish those that have constant fear of getting the disease to just get some professional help. It really has assisted me, and I have my whole life to look toward without fear hanging above me.

Offline TheQuestion

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2010, 08:42:05 pm »
Got my negative yesterday :)! 85 days post exposure. Remember people try not to stress on situations that the kind people tell you that are NO RISK. Best advice I could ever tell anyone, and I wish everyone here the blessing I have had of not becoming infected. Take care and thanks for everything.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2010, 11:13:32 pm »
Never mind about giving advice. Just get on with your life and make sure you are always using condoms for intercourse so that you don't have a real risk.

Andy Velez

Offline TheQuestion

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2011, 06:19:48 am »
Hi guys sorry to come back, just wanted to clear something up. Had a recent cold, and my doctor, wanted to know if I had been tested for STDs, when I informed him I had recently and gotten an Ora quick blood draw at 84-85 days he said that I still may be infected. Just wondering if my Ora Quick was accurate at 84-85 days since its not the 13 week mark, or if my doctor is a quack when it comes to hiv. I feel like he doesn't know what he is talking about, so I figured I would double check with the experts here.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2011, 08:49:09 am »
TQ,

You got a NO RISK blowjob. Get over it. You do not have hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline TheQuestion

« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2011, 09:52:33 am »
Thanks Ann, knew the Doc. didn't know much about this. Cheers!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.