Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:01:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 194
Total: 195

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Recent MEDIA announcements about AMG members  (Read 9384 times)

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
Recent MEDIA announcements about AMG members
« on: June 03, 2006, 03:01:18 am »
We have Trish and Zephyr and seemingly a few others recently coming out in the media about their lives...  THIS REALLY IS HUGE.   It's not just a solitary incident..... it's going on among LOTS of our members now!

Please take pictures and post em of the articles.... yeah, it might be copyright infringment, but for them to make a claim against such a small website, with no commericial gain againt gonna happen imho and if they try, they will be crucified.  (the worst they can do is request Aidsmeds remove the posts)

To all the ladies and men, I salute you.... you are braver than I think I could be at times...

For this thread... let's consolidate all the media goings on in ONE thread.   feel free to create your own and please do so for individual discussion, but also post linkies here... I want you all to have your own thread to talk about you, but have a central place to post these articles... if you don't have the means to, I'll post it if you send me a picture... PM me.

Damn, you all impress me so much.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 03:52:19 am by DingoBoi »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Recent MEDIA announcements about AMG members
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 08:24:25 am »
If PBS re-runs the two Nightline programs on the HIV/AIDS epidemic which ran earlier this week, you'll get a chance to catch Peter Staley offering comments several times. Also saw myself with my friend Michael in a big fat closeup on the second evening.

The programs are worth seeing. I could quibble about some points of the coverage but overall it was good to see some serious attention being paid to the subject, including discrediting the denialists and their deadly nonsense.

You might be able to connect to the programs at PBS.org.

Cheers,   
Andy Velez

Offline Oscar

• 20 Years POZ
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 09:19:57 am »
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/aids/view/

You can watch the entire 240 minute program online/ Windows Media & RealPlayer Formats @ the link above.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 09:24:59 am by Oscar »

Offline Robert

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 10:33:07 am »
ANDY!~~~~~!~~~~~~

I thought that was you!!  Seriously, I was watching the show and they showed this couple, close-up, and I said to myself, "I think that's Andy,".  I knew it was entirely possible having seen Peter interviewed and recognizing many of the people from SF (Volberding, Cleve JOnes, Teamer, Reggie Williams, etc).  There were as many people from NYC as SF so why not?  Well, I'm glad to know there is some gray matter still churing in the old kiboodle.  That's always reassuring.

robert
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 10:35:47 am by Robert »

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 12:20:51 pm »
(((((YOU GO GIRLS)))))

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 03:10:21 pm »
Hi Dingo!

Thanks, honey, for your support with our efforts!! When you say HUGE, you are so right. I've been away since Thursday night, garnering some personal focus as I anticipate this interview with my area's local newspaper.......there are so many things I wish to talk about, and must be very clear on my delivery.

This is such an important time for all of us, and those of us who have been moved to be VOICES can only say thanks, to all of you, for all the encouragement and 'Whoo-hoo's" (sorry, SAE) about our decisions.

Love to you,

Zephyr
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline Iggy

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 04:44:12 pm »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 10:02:13 pm by Iggy »

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 04:58:46 pm »
actually, this is now a for-profit site as part of poz.com and the smart and strong network.... it is a business... though, agreed based upon context of the article and the site goals... with credit given... and permission... it's legal.... which means you all should ask for permission to repost your articles here :)

PS: hope i don't have my facts wrong about smart&strong being a for-profit business... though i think it is (but don't imagine they really make much, if any profit, based upon the nature of this.

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 05:03:53 pm »
Hi Dingo...

I've put that on my list now, to ask the newspaper for their permission to reprint my interview here on AM!

I never would have thought about this, so thanks a bunch, honey!!

P.S. I'm proud of you, too! :-*

Love,

Zephie
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 05:07:36 pm »
i'm all about copyright infringement :P much like some countries producing generic version of patented drugs  :o

but if it can be done legally, that is preferred.  Though, truth be told, in context of the site, I doubt any complaints would be made.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.