Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:15:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773196
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 408
Total: 409

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Winter.  (Read 343258 times)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
Re: Winter.
« Reply #700 on: January 31, 2014, 06:36:25 pm »
81F here right now 8)

Lawd have mercy where is my glass of iced tea.

Ps- Mind you we were 28F 2 nights ago.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #701 on: January 31, 2014, 07:34:03 pm »
81F here right now 8)

Lawd have mercy where is my glass of iced tea.

Ps- Mind you we were 28F 2 nights ago.

I am trying my best to deal with the current temperature of 76 degrees, knowing it will only be worse tomorrow..... 80 degrees....    where oh where are my wool socks???   

September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #702 on: January 31, 2014, 08:10:45 pm »

59 Degrees here, in Palm Harbor, and it's still drizzly and rainy outside.  It's been 2 days of this  :P

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/weather/klystron-9-radar.map.html/Florida.html

Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #703 on: January 31, 2014, 08:12:26 pm »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #704 on: February 01, 2014, 08:04:27 am »
3-6" of snow coming my way on Monday. And Monday is my "hospital day" for two tests.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #705 on: February 01, 2014, 03:13:52 pm »
Ugh, new maps are appearing showing Monday's storm totals increasing (as in doubling, or more) and focusing (again) on the Baltimore-Wilmington-Philadelphia-South Jersey area.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #706 on: February 01, 2014, 04:26:06 pm »
Finally our Government has got its act together and called out the army to help an area , Somerset , where some villages have had floods for a month .The area does have a fair number off army bases which is lucky, however as we are currently insisting on playing at junior Police for the world at the same time making 1000,s of forces personnel redundant , lets just hope there is some army left to call out.

Good job that all those stories bout the climate getting crazy is just Eco red rubbish put about by those famous mad revolutionaries , Scientists.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #707 on: February 01, 2014, 07:22:33 pm »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline mitch777

« Reply #708 on: February 01, 2014, 08:27:26 pm »
Happy winter moment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FObmNqbkCdo#t=31

I could picture myself doing that.... in July. Someone remind me please. :)
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #709 on: February 01, 2014, 09:18:40 pm »
official NWS projections as of 7PM advisory -- let's see how much this changes. I'm right in the middle of the 4-6" area.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #710 on: February 01, 2014, 11:57:11 pm »
Most weather folks are calling for another 3-6 inches here Sunday night.  And, then another event of ice and/or snow on Tuesday and Wednesday.  It was 63 degrees here today.  There is one weather guy, who is so obnoxious.  He is the type who thinks he shit doesn't stink.  He is always saying how he disagrees with the models and the NWS.  And, he is almost always wrong.  He's the type, who would tell you he disagrees with how you pour milk into a glass. 

On Friday, he said we would just see snow showers Sunday and just rain Tuesday and Wednesday.  He said he would not deviate from his forecast.  He says he sees this all the time, where models show lots of snow and criticized other weathermen for sharing so much data on social media.  My friend, a weatherman for another station, responded to him by saying he shares all the info he has, so people can see what they see and to learn how all the forecasting works.  Anyway, we will see if he was blowing hot air again, or whether he was right this time.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #711 on: February 02, 2014, 03:31:53 am »
We're either getting pounded with more snow, rain or nothing at all.  Wow, I could have predicted that with a degree in meteorology.  I guess I'll just keep sticking my head out the door and decide myself.  :)

It's also going to be mild or possibly not.  Perhaps they're awaiting Buckeye Chuck's official proclamation? 

We were in the 40's today and unfortunately I didn't get to enjoy it.  My work schedule is beyond tiresome and I finally had to catch some sleep since the next 2 days will also be extreme.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #712 on: February 02, 2014, 07:59:06 am »
We got another 5", on top of the already over one foot that we had.  But, the temp is 26F!  So at least it's not frigid.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline phildinftlaudy

« Reply #713 on: February 02, 2014, 08:45:26 am »
8:45 am, 75 degrees and sunny... will be getting up to 81 today...

And, for later in the week - when Jody arrives in South Florida, highs primarily in the low 80s (80-81) and lows in the low 70s (70-73).... Who knows Jody, we may actually get to lay on the beach and sip on some iced teas  8)
Labs:
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #714 on: February 02, 2014, 10:52:30 am »
It was 81 yesterday, as such I saw it fit to take my boy and 4 of his friends to play paintball. Spent 3 hours crawling around in the woods and getting shot.

What did you yanks do? Shovel snow?

« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 10:54:42 am by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
« Reply #715 on: February 02, 2014, 11:04:27 am »
It was 81 yesterday, as such I saw it fit to take my boy and 4 of his friends to play paintball. Spent 3 hours crawling around in the woods and getting shot.

What did you yanks do? Shovel snow?........

77 in Ft Worth yesterday....today it's 36 and sleeting....
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #716 on: February 02, 2014, 12:21:11 pm »
*sigh* totals increasing, of course... (again)

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #717 on: February 02, 2014, 03:28:00 pm »
Coast Guard using ice-breakers on the waterways of Philadelphia.  I know there is an ice queen there, but come on.   ;)

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly-news/54246648/

In other weather news, I'm so upset.  We had our driveway completely torn out and redone exactly 2 years ago.  It was mid-February of 2012-- the year we basically had no winter.  Up until the recent arctic temps, snow and ice, the driveway was fine.  This happened from about a 2 months worth of bad weather.  I've talked to different concrete folks, who believe the brine they are using now is wreaking havoc on home driveways.  They said they have seen so much more concrete issues, since the city began using the brine along with the salt.  This is where Brian's truck is parked.  So, all the salt and brine dripped off and caused this, along with the sub-zero temps.  I guess we will have to go to those car washes, that are automatic and then blow dry your car, because we obviously cannot wait until better weather to wash the cars. 

This is just one spot and will continue to just get worse.  Yes, first world problems. 

Edited for spelling
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 03:35:26 pm by tednlou2 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #718 on: February 02, 2014, 04:19:06 pm »
On the news this morning, it was announced that this area, just in January, has gotten 46.6" of snow; for the season, we've gotten 80.9" so far.  So far...another system may come in Tuesday. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #719 on: February 02, 2014, 04:30:06 pm »
It's a little known fact that the Delaware Bay tri-state port complex is the second largest for oil in the US and handles 85% of East Coast oil imports. This includes port facilities in Wilmington, DE; Marcus Hook, PA; Philadelphia, PA and Camden, NJ.

We're centrally located for the Northeast with port/highway/rail connections that are extensive. And now they're revitalized the two refineries here and combined they are the largest on the East Coast, and now Bakken oil from North Dakota is shipped down via rail and refined here, then shipped elsewhere from the ports.

Of course, Wumpy scoffs when I tell him we are poised to become a global energy hub. Houston, We Have a Problem

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #720 on: February 02, 2014, 04:59:17 pm »
Coast Guard using ice-breakers on the waterways of Philadelphia.  I know there is an ice queen there, but come on.   ;)

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly-news/54246648/

In other weather news, I'm so upset.  We had our driveway completely torn out and redone exactly 2 years ago.  It was mid-February of 2012-- the year we basically had no winter.  Up until the recent arctic temps, snow and ice, the driveway was fine.  This happened from about a 2 months worth of bad weather.  I've talked to different concrete folks, who believe the brine they are using now is wreaking havoc on home driveways.  They said they have seen so much more concrete issues, since the city began using the brine along with the salt.  This is where Brian's truck is parked.  So, all the salt and brine dripped off and caused this, along with the sub-zero temps.  I guess we will have to go to those car washes, that are automatic and then blow dry your car, because we obviously cannot wait until better weather to wash the cars. 

This is just one spot and will continue to just get worse.  Yes, first world problems. 

Edited for spelling

Well Teddy -- interesting post. 
This morning, as I walked up the driveway from getting my paper, I noticed that all 4 steps leading to my front door had started to crumble.  The concrete was just too old to deal with all this freezing and thawing.  We knew the steps were going to need to be replaced in the near term, just didn't think this "near".
It has been a rather odd winter.

So Miss P -- what is your weather maps saying about next weekend?  I keep looking and hear that DC is either going to get rain, a wintry mix or snow AND it will happen either Fri, Sat or Sun!!  Where do you cull all your weather info.

M

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #721 on: February 02, 2014, 05:07:59 pm »

So Miss P -- what is your weather maps saying about next weekend?  I keep looking and hear that DC is either going to get rain, a wintry mix or snow AND it will happen either Fri, Sat or Sun!!  Where do you cull all your weather info.

M

Other than the NWS for "official" projections I use this guy based in *ahem* Richmond, VA on Facebook. He makes private meteorological projections for large agricultural and oil companies for risk management, and then provides info on his Facebook page. I've followed him now for 4 years and he's always more on point than any local forecasters are. Plus he explains the modeling scenarios if you're interested in forecasting details.

https://www.facebook.com/WxRisk

That one map I posted earlier I said with a disclaimer it was only one model among hundreds and it was 10 days away from the even. With tomorrow's storm in the Mid-Atlantic and then another icing storm Tues-Wed. nobody is focusing on the 8th/9th storm until those are over, also because evidently every 12 hours the modeling changes wildly. So you might be safe to travel, but you also still might not. There are still models coming in showing a super large coastal storm. At best if I were you, I might reserve a hotel room next to Dulles or BWI (can't recall where you are leaving from) in case you need to drive up the day before your flight. You can always cancel it later.

Offline bocker3

« Reply #722 on: February 02, 2014, 06:44:24 pm »
Other than the NWS for "official" projections I use this guy based in *ahem* Richmond, VA on Facebook. He makes private meteorological projections for large agricultural and oil companies for risk management, and then provides info on his Facebook page. I've followed him now for 4 years and he's always more on point than any local forecasters are. Plus he explains the modeling scenarios if you're interested in forecasting details.

https://www.facebook.com/WxRisk

That one map I posted earlier I said with a disclaimer it was only one model among hundreds and it was 10 days away from the even. With tomorrow's storm in the Mid-Atlantic and then another icing storm Tues-Wed. nobody is focusing on the 8th/9th storm until those are over, also because evidently every 12 hours the modeling changes wildly. So you might be safe to travel, but you also still might not. There are still models coming in showing a super large coastal storm. At best if I were you, I might reserve a hotel room next to Dulles or BWI (can't recall where you are leaving from) in case you need to drive up the day before your flight. You can always cancel it later.

Thanks for the link - so you are saying your weather info comes mere miles from my house?!
I am happy that the forecast seems to be "mellowing" for next weekend.  We are planning to spend Sat night at the Dulles Marriott.  If the wintry mix forecast stands for Sat, we may leave for Dulles on Friday night.

Mike

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #723 on: February 03, 2014, 03:46:01 pm »
1) Snow just stopped in Philly -- the heaviest 8" portion went to the north of the city and we perhaps only got 4-5" but the snow was SUPER wet and heavy when I shoveled it just now.

2) the following frightens me and I may cancel my trip to NYC -- who wants to be there marooned in an apartment and/or sloshing around in (vintage designer) snow boots? I'll just re-schedule for April. 12-18" of snow -- no thanks.

ps: bicker that's from WxRisk

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #724 on: February 03, 2014, 04:28:24 pm »
Oh, and the rain event that was supposed to happen tomorrow night into Wednesday has morphed into a 2-4" snow event, or 6-8" in northern New Jersey, which will then all be topped off with a freezing rain/ice storm. That's all before this weekend's semi-blizzard.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #725 on: February 03, 2014, 04:59:48 pm »
While the delicate Miss P has dutifully shoveled her 5 steps and 15 feet of sidewalk...

And that does not include the main driveway of the garage. :)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #726 on: February 03, 2014, 05:09:22 pm »
I'm too disabled to shovel that much. :-X

Offline mitch777

« Reply #727 on: February 03, 2014, 05:12:12 pm »
I'm too disabled to shovel that much. :-X
Me too. My left arm is numb from a disk problem in my neck. Some days I'm stubborn to my own detriment.  :P

Offline mitch777

« Reply #728 on: February 03, 2014, 05:15:40 pm »
1) Snow just stopped in Philly -- the heaviest 8" portion went to the north of the city and we perhaps only got 4-5" but the snow was SUPER wet and heavy when I shoveled it just now.

2) the following frightens me and I may cancel my trip to NYC -- who wants to be there marooned in an apartment and/or sloshing around in (vintage designer) snow boots? I'll just re-schedule for April. 12-18" of snow -- no thanks.

ps: bicker that's from WxRisk

Boo.  :(

« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 05:19:48 pm by mitch777 »

Offline wolfter

« Reply #729 on: February 03, 2014, 06:21:42 pm »
They're predicting nastiness all over the entire state.  The weatherman definitively stated there will be no school for anyone in the entire region.  We'll get a severe ice storm or snow storm depending on the path, but it'll definitely be here.  He states that we should hope for the 9" of snow instead of the ice as that'll wreck havoc and definitely cause widespread power outages.

On a side note, I had the most irritating event at work due to the weather.  I noted earlier that 2 of the bathroom drains in the older part of our building froze.  We have several other bathrooms and I decided we'd just wait and let them unthaw.  I went and purchased antifreeze and a new wax ring for the toilet.  I planned on removing one toilet and putting the antifreeze into the drains.

Well, an idiot member who professes to be a plumber decided to tackle the project while I was gone.  He decided to remove both toilets and promptly broke one which is a several hundred dollar fix.  Instead of using the antifreeze, he decided to snake the drain.  Even this middle aged faggot knows you don't use a snake on a frozen pvc drains.  He ran the electric augur right through the side of the main drain necessitating major repairs.

He had the nerve to indicate he'd give me a break on the labor costs and I assured him that's true as I'm not authorizing one damn cent to cover his damage.  I never authorized his work which led to damage.

end of rant!!!

stay warm and safe all!

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #730 on: February 03, 2014, 08:52:18 pm »
LOL++ mitchypoo

Offline Theyer

« Reply #731 on: February 04, 2014, 06:36:06 am »
Mitch it looks very beautiful but can you not hire lusty workers to help , are the 16 to 18 too rich and spoiled to want to earn some dollars using the one thing they have an abundance off vitality/energy ? Do you have a snow blower? If the youngsters are out off school would it not be the small town dream if they where harnessed to help others , Anyway take care please
Concerned in London

That goes for you too Miss P
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #732 on: February 04, 2014, 09:48:17 am »

1) There are two much younger guys living in other units of my building that could shovel -- but they're entitled hipsters, one of which is a drop-dead model-looking tall guy of Mediterranean extraction.

2) It's technically my landlord's responsibility, but he won't hire anyone, so someone has to do it.

3) Since it's ended up being me I told my landlord not to raise my rent, a rent amount which I should add is already under market value.

4) Like mitchypoo stated, since I live in a row house it's not like there's massive areas to shovel. A "normal" storm of 6-8" only takes me 30 minutes of work.

5) I passed a cardiology stress test two years ago

6) Mark should hire someone plus he's going to get slammed with tonight's storm 8-12" whereas I am getting 1-2" which ends as rain so hopefully there will be nothing for me to do in terms of shoveling tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:54:22 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline mitch777

« Reply #733 on: February 04, 2014, 10:56:01 am »
Mitch it looks very beautiful but can you not hire lusty workers to help , are the 16 to 18 too rich and spoiled to want to earn some dollars using the one thing they have an abundance off vitality/energy ? Do you have a snow blower? If the youngsters are out off school would it not be the small town dream if they where harnessed to help others , Anyway take care please
Concerned in London

We had an employee shovel earlier in the season when Kenny's back was bad but he didn't have his drivers license so it was not all that practical. There really are only 2 kids in our neighborhood. One is spoiled rotten with awful parents and the other has a big job at his own house.

We do have a snowblower but my left arm is too weak to maneuver the thing. I could/should have waited for Kenny to do most of it but still have to do the walkways by hand as there are steps everywhere.

LOL++ mitchypoo

I'm thinking this forecast is overblown as far as the snow goes. It does look like we are going to be dealing with a big icy sloppy mix. NOT fun to clean up.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #734 on: February 04, 2014, 11:12:47 am »
After the storm pics.  :)

This tree is one of the largest Birch trees I've ever seen. The picture really doesn't do it justice. (below)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #735 on: February 04, 2014, 11:57:04 am »
We had an employee shovel earlier in the season when Kenny's back was bad but he didn't have his drivers license so it was not all that practical. There really are only 2 kids in our neighborhood. One is spoiled rotten with awful parents and the other has a big job at his own house.

We do have a snowblower but my left arm is too weak to maneuver the thing. I could/should have waited for Kenny to do most of it but still have to do the walkways by hand as there are steps everywhere.

I'm thinking you're a bit OCD with having to shovel all that and could get by with half the amount or less. I'd need an aerial shot to analyze my hypothesis.

I'm thinking this forecast is overblown as far as the snow goes. It does look like we are going to be dealing with a big icy sloppy mix. NOT fun to clean up.

I don't think it's overblown from what I have seen on the modeling. Rain/snow line is well south of you. Sorry!

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #736 on: February 04, 2014, 02:12:22 pm »
Oh! This radar image looks frightening! I think this next one is going to be a big ole mess of ice. I just hope it stays mostly to the northwest of me.

***running out for some good cheese and prescription refills***

Offline mitch777

« Reply #737 on: February 04, 2014, 02:50:57 pm »
I'm thinking you're a bit OCD with having to shovel all that and could get by with half the amount or less. I'd need an aerial shot to analyze my hypothesis.

1) Sidewalk along road- shoveling required by town.
2) Front walkway and driveway- a must for oil and gas delivery. also to get mail and unload groceries, etc.
3) sidewalk to garage- I suppose we could ignore it and walk up the road to get back and forth from the garage and trudge in road salt and sand into the house.
4) garage driveway- um, ya.
5) I'll get right on that aerial shot.  ;)

I don't think it's overblown from what I have seen on the modeling. Rain/snow line is well south of you. Sorry!

I guess we will have to just cope with whatever comes our way.  :P

Offline Theyer

« Reply #738 on: February 04, 2014, 03:21:37 pm »
Mitch the Pics are wonderful.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #739 on: February 05, 2014, 01:42:38 pm »
Wow, I got off easy living (relatively) downtown. There are 600,000 people without power in our western suburbs setting a record for the utility company from one storm event.

And now I'm hearing that our big snow event for this weekend might actually split and become two separate storm events. That would make for four winter storms in one week's time if that happens.

#thanksalgore

ps: Granny Mark, you still alive up in E. Haddam? I heard the storm up there is wrapping around and reversing direction, sucking cold air down from the north

Offline mitch777

« Reply #740 on: February 05, 2014, 05:27:27 pm »
Mitch the Pics are wonderful.

Thank you Michael. :)

ps: Granny Mark, you still alive up in E. Haddam? I heard the storm up there is wrapping around and reversing direction, sucking cold air down from the north

We had 5" of snow overnight and a coating of ice. Thought we were going to get another coating of snow but that didn't happen. Kenny spent 3 hours with the snowblower as it was heavy and he needed to go slow.

PS- Your weather guru was wrong and I predicted much less snow. Me +1.  ;)

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #741 on: February 05, 2014, 08:42:04 pm »
Would the person who stole my electric please, please, pretty please return it.  I am cold and have no cuddle buddy.
Michelle :(
How to handle stress like a dog:
If you can't eat it or play with it.....
then pee on it and walk away

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
01-23  CD4 32    VL 125,400
02-18        76     VL 189
03-14  no cd4 test done   VL-52
04-14   69  VL-UNDECTABLE  YEA!!
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
2012  CD4  %Thing   VL-UD
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
2013   CD4   %thing       VL-UD
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
2014   CD-4  %thing   VL-UD
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #742 on: February 07, 2014, 03:24:27 pm »
1) bocker, you seem safe now for your Dulles departure. Any snow in the next several days will be minimal, but you may have 1-2" of snow to deal with driving from Richmond to Dulles airport on the 8th. Can't recall which day you are going. However other prediction maps I've seen focus more on areas from Dulles north to NY.

linky

2) there is now growing modeling of a Feb 11-13 significant winter storm in the Mid-Atlantic down to interior North Carolina.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #743 on: February 07, 2014, 04:01:12 pm »
It was 39 here early last afternoon and we had snow flurries . Although there was not a snowballs chance in hell it would stick they dismissed all the schools and university's 3 hours early . The worst part was they broke in and preempted my Judge Judy and ruined my moment for naught .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #744 on: February 07, 2014, 06:22:17 pm »
Back below zero for us.  Even I got cold this morning and had to leave my door open to get some heat in my room.  I'm definitely regretting eliminating the heat ducts when I put down the new floor. 

The long term forecast is at least a couple of more weeks of nasty weather.  There are severe salt/truck shortages and most streets have yet to be cleared.  Our little community managed to get plowed but they had no choice to just plow it to the sides covering most vehicles and driveways. 

I took it real easy but had to shovel for about 6 hours to make our drive and road access clear.  I ran out of places to put the snow so I filled both trucks beds' to the top.  It'll also add traction so it's double duty.  I'm just grateful my 30 year old Chevy truck hasn't given me any problem and has barreled through just fine even though it's only rear wheel drive.

We've also had lots of reports of people falling as there was a couple of hours of freezing rain in addition to the 10+ inches of snow.  So it might appear some areas are cleared, but it's a sheet of ice there.

Offline phildinftlaudy

« Reply #745 on: February 07, 2014, 10:40:49 pm »
Jody and me enjoying a late afternoon lunch yesterday at Rosie's Bar and Grill in Wilton Manors. It was about 84 degrees and sunny, little humidity and a slight breeze (http://www.rosiesbarandgrill.com/)

Tomorrow we will go to Haulover Beach and South Beach and then to dinner at il Mulino (http://www.ilmulinofl.com/)

Weather is supposed to remain in the low 80s for highs and low 70s for lows... 
Labs:
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #746 on: February 08, 2014, 12:42:41 am »
Apparently, we have been having frost/ice quakes.  We've had snowy winters, but I don't remember one where we've had snow on the ground so long.  It seems like we live in northern Indiana, instead of northern Kentucky.  I love snow, but I am ready for spring. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #747 on: February 08, 2014, 06:02:52 am »

I took it real easy but had to shovel for about 6 hours to make our drive and road access clear.  I ran out of places to put the snow so I filled both trucks beds' to the top.  It'll also add traction so it's double duty.

Good grief, no wonder you pulled your hernia again - particularly getting the snow into the trucks. Someone needs to handcuff you to a bed somewhere before you do yourself some serious harm. Can't you get someone from "the post" or your family to come out and help you out while you've got this problem going on? You're not going to be able to be the snow fairy shovel-guy after the op, you know. Take care of yourself will you. That's an order, not a question.

Our little community managed to get plowed

What do your little community's sexual proclivities have to do with snow on the streets? ;D

Jody and me enjoying a late afternoon lunch yesterday at Rosie's Bar and Grill in Wilton Manors. It was about 84 degrees and sunny, little humidity and a slight breeze (http://www.rosiesbarandgrill.com/)

Tomorrow we will go to Haulover Beach and South Beach and then to dinner at il Mulino (http://www.ilmulinofl.com/)

Weather is supposed to remain in the low 80s for highs and low 70s for lows... 

You better take good care of our Jody while he's there! I see Rosie's put balloons up in his honour - nice one. I'm not envious of your heat, btw. I'm not used to such temperatures these days and I'd simply melt.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline bocker3

« Reply #748 on: February 08, 2014, 08:35:32 am »
I'm not envious of your heat, btw. I'm not used to such temperatures these days and I'd simply melt.

Heat??  I thought it was a bucket of water that was your nemesis??   ;D ;)

Mike

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #749 on: February 08, 2014, 09:21:16 am »
Heat??  I thought it was a bucket of water that was your nemesis??   ;D ;)

Mike

I'll get you, my pretty!
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.